OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[quote name='Venom][b][size=1] (Kind of anxious to see the fight between Ichigo and Byakuya in motion ^_^)[/b'][/size][/quote]

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah I just watched that fight again, and it really was just pure awesome.

AS far as the animation goes, I would say that it is rather high, I don't know if it does exactly match that of GitS but it does give it a run for its money. I don't know if this is just me but they really did pay a good attention to detail to the amount of blood that was lost, as well as how the blood just looked altogether. (Even though it seems witht he amount of blood that they loose that they should be dead).

The first time I saw the animation seem to tweak up a notch is while [spoiler]Renji is fighting Ichigo and some of his hollow power sinks out, with out the mask and all for the first time[/spoiler]. The effects that they seemed to use were really top notch, as well as the same one they used for each of the petal of Senbonzakura. Its almost like they made it 3D while still having it in a 2D animation.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uh.. i've some questions on soul society. all souls that go to soul society are ppl that've died in the real world, right? then how come some shinigami "born" into nobility? like byakuya n yoruichi. shibata for example, ended up in rukongai after he arrived in soul society, n was accepted into a family. even rukia was adopted into the kuchiki noble family, not "born".

n i thought it was funny that there're only japanese souls in soul society. what about the souls of ppl of other races? the only foreign looking soul in soul society seems to be tousen kaname. :D

any ideas?

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Yeah I just watched that fight again, and it really was just pure awesome.

AS far as the animation goes, I would say that it is rather high, I don't know if it does exactly match that of GitS but it does give it a run for its money. I don't know if this is just me but they really did pay a good attention to detail to the amount of blood that was lost, as well as how the blood just looked altogether. (Even though it seems witht he amount of blood that they loose that they should be dead).

The first time I saw the animation seem to tweak up a notch is while [spoiler]Renji is fighting Ichigo and some of his hollow power sinks out, with out the mask and all for the first time[/spoiler]. The effects that they seemed to use were really top notch, as well as the same one they used for each of the petal of Senbonzakura. Its almost like they made it 3D while still having it in a 2D animation.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[b][size=1]I see. And judging from what I've seen from the promo, and looked pretty good, but I can't really say until Sept 9 rolls around because it was like 30 seconds.

Speaking of the promo, did anyone else happen to catch it? What were your thoughts about it? Was it me or did anyone else hear Steven Blum as a hallow? [spoiler]Inoue's brother to be exact?[/spoiler]

I don't have any complaints about what I've heard. People are saying that Johnny should sound a little more rougher, and Rukia sounds either perfect or shouldn't sound too girly... "shrugs"

And then you have those who can't stand the fact that Shinigami is replaced with Soul Reaper.... Go figure.

Like I said, I have nothing negative to say about it thus far, but I'm curious to know what everyone else thought about it.[/size][/b]

I finally saw the English trailer, and it sounds alright to me; JYB has been the lead in [i]so[/i] many series lately that I've gotten kind of sick of him, awesome though he is, but I'm sure he'll do a fine job. Ichigo is certainly closer to his natural range than, say, Renton.

~Dagger~

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well I have only read the manga so far, and I just recently started reading that. So right now i'm at about volume 2 and i've gotta say that Bleach is funny, entertaining, and I like the small amounts of suspense too^^ But unfortunately I haven't watched the
sub because I can't download it due to my incredibly slow dial up>.< Anyways, I can't wait for the American debut of the show on Cartoon Network's [Adult Swim]. I think, it may be on Toonami, so correct me if i'm wrong, but it's one of the two. But so far I am impressed and I can't wait to see the anime^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#99121c]Wow, just wow

I am really taking a liking on how they did Rukia's voice, as well as Orihime's [spoiler]Brother's[/spoiler] voice. I missed the Promo but they have the [URL=http://www.adultswim.com/shows/bleach/index.html]Adult Swim site of bleach up now[/URL]. It looks like they are keeping the opening and ends up as well but they are probably going to just shorten it just a bit much like what they did with Eureka 7.

Other than that I am really liking it. They seemed to get Ichigo's battle sounds right as well which got me rather pumped up just to go back and watch the begining episodes again. Only two days left now.. [/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT]

[font=tahoma]I have to agree that Rukia's voice was done very well. After hearing the promo i was less than impressed by JYB's portrayal of Ichigo, but Rukia's sounded very fitting. The other characters of the main group (Chad, Inoue, Ishida) aren't very hard to capture in terms of how they should sound, i do have stellar expectations for them. But i do fear for the members of the Gotei 13.

I'll be very upset if Renji's voice in particular is done lazily.

On another note for the dubs, i hope they do not translate the zanpakutos from japanese to english. A good portion of them would just sound rediculous in their english form. I doubt we will have to worry about that...but hey, they may not even show the SS arc the first time around. Which would suck for the dub-only viewers.

As for keeping the openings and endings, that is terrific news. Thank You, Houkiboshi (especially with the gotei 13 specific sequences), Asterix (the only one we're garaunteed to hear), and Ichirin no Hana are too awesome to leave out. But as aforementioned, who knows if they will get that far.[/font]

ANN has posted a new [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=260][u]interview[/u][/url] with the VAs for Ichigo and Rukia. The main thing I got out of reading it is that the VAs are aware of how big the show is, and that some serious efforts are being made to pronounce all of the Japanese names and terms correctly.

I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to watch the first episode tonight, but I'm not too sure about it. We'll see.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']I'm rather happy they kept Zanpakuto instead of changing it to Soul Slayer, but it does confuse me as to why they couldn't keep Shinigami instead of Soul Reaper. [/font][/quote]
Well, in the manga (VIZ translations) they called Soul Reapers, and the swords are Zanpakutous, and the names of them are said first in japanese, then in english from there...and the attacks are in japanese, with captions in english...so I don't know how they're gonna do it in the anime... :animedepr [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wow, I just saw the new opening for episode 98 and it seemed just amazing. Its obvious that the fillers are ending soon since in the new opening they had many scenes from the next arch in the manga.. ex [spoiler]Renji, Matsumoto, Hitsugaya and the rest of them all in the human world. A short fight between Hollow Ichigo and Ichigo,( probably from when they are fighting for control over his body while Ichigo was with the Visored.) The town partially destroyed. (probably after Aizen already took all the souls to get the key.) [/spoiler] and so on and so forth.

Judging that they change the OP around every 25 episodes its safe to say that the fillers are going to end soon. Yay.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I just started Bleach and am on episode 31 after the whole[spoiler] Renji and Rukia flashback[/spoiler]. This has quickly become one of my favorite animes. The action is so well done and theres enough blood to go around. Once Soul Society starts the series gets alot more intresting. Some episodes tend to drag however like when [spoiler] Ichigo encounters the gate guardian with the axes[/spoiler]. The charcters are also great Ichigo, Renji, Chad , Uryuu , Rukia , and my personal favorite Byakuya. The story is compelling it just can be a little slow sometimes. One things for sure after [spoiler] Rukias rescued[/spoiler] I am not looking foward to the fillers you guys have been going on about. But i suppose you have to take the bad with the good[/COLOR] :animesigh .

[quote name='Ikillion][color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Judging that they change the OP around every 25 episodes its safe to say that the fillers are going to end soon. Yay.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

the thing about that though, is that even if the OP is changed ever 25 eps or so, the ED seems to be changed every 12-13 eps. looking at how the ED still shows Ririn, Cloud and Nova it's likely that the fillers won't end till about ep110.

[quote name='Meggido']the thing about that though, is that even if the OP is changed ever 25 eps or so, the ED seems to be changed every 12-13 eps. looking at how the ED still shows Ririn, Cloud and Nova it's likely that the fillers won't end till about ep110.[/quote]

[font=tahoma]I see it ending earlier, but even so when we say soon we don't expect it to mean a couple of episodes. The OP will expand through 2 arcs, that's obvious. The ending will probably change a bit into the recontinuation of the main story. They have let endings run through a tad bit longer than they should have before. They have started them early as well and made new ones heavier on the previously themed ending, i remember watching the "Keep My Pace" ending at first and wondering "WTF is with these stuffed animals?".

I don't mind these fillers as much as i minded...let's say the Naruto fillers though. These are actually interesting, and i doubt they will run for about 70 episodes straight.[/font]

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well to be more exact when I said that I had actually said "soon" I really ment that it is going to revert before the next opening is aired, even thought hat can be a little bit long...its how I talk. -shrug-

But given the current state of the filler arc, its easy to see that its almost at the end. I really don't see any reason to start a whole new arc when the manga is bound to have been far enugh ahead by now.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
so I predicted a while back that the fillers should end around ep 110. Looks like this might even be a little bit sooner depending on how long the drag out this latest fight.

Onto the good bit though. No matter how bad the fillers are there is always a good ep. ANyway ep 106 was not good because of the actual content but because there is a preview for the movie which was released in Japan recently. All I have to say is WoW. don't want to give away what the preview had so I'll end there.

[quote name='Panda']I was going to say the same thing about Kon's voice. Otherwise I think it's okay. I'm still worried about the other voices like Hanatarou and all the Taichous. I guess I'll wait and see.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]I've only seen the preview on the Adult Swim website, and I'm not so keen on the way the pronounce Kon's name like 'cone' (instead of 'on'), but regardless I'll buy the DVDs anyway when they eventually make it to the UK.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]I'm glad that things finally start to pick up starting with next week's episode. My friends always look at my screen-saver as its going and ask "When are we going to see him? or her? etc etc" (my screensaver is a slideshow of wallpapers and pics i've collected from my favorite animes/games/etc. So I got everyone looking forward to the arrival of "real" shinigami finally. Even if it just briefly at the end of the episode. Regardless, it is a quite halarious ep with Kon invovled.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Dan Rugh]Bleach started in Japan today. This is an anime that I've been looking forward to since they announced it was coming to TV. I think the manga is in Shounen Jump so I was surprised that there aren't any threads about it here.

Well, Bleach is about a 15 year-old boy named Ichigo that can see ghosts. He meets Kuchiki Rukia, a shinigami, one day and her powers are accidentally transferred to Ichigo. Then the two of them begin their journey. I just downloaded the promo on BitTorrent and the animation, done by Studio Pierrot, looks pretty good, but the music they have playing is horrendous. Most of you probably know where you can find this...

This anime reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho and The Sixth Sense wrapped up in one. A lot of people are saying it's better than Naruto also, which could be a big plus for me since I love Naruto. Anyone plan on checking out Bleach when it gets subbed? By the way, does anyone know of any groups that are going to sub it?

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Useful Links: [/B][URL=http://www.j-bleach.com/]Official Bleach Site[/URL][B] | [/B] [URL=http://pierrot.jp/title/bleach/]Studio Pierrot's Bleach Site[/URL][B] | [/B] [URL=http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/bleach/]TV Tokyo's Bleach Site[/URL] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I love Bleach, and I wouldn't say it's better than Naruto, well maybe it is. I don't know I don't do comparisons. But anyway, let me know about anything new if you've already seen the episode past 21.......I take that back don't tell me anything.

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Ah yes, I got the first post of 2007 Hurrah!

Well now that the fillers are now officially over. [spoiler]The last part of the most recent episode had Shinji in it (His voice was [I]awesome[/I]), as well as the next episode has that fight with a non Quincified Ishida fighting a hollow, which means his dad is not to far behind.[/spoiler]

So for those of you who only watch the anime, get ready to behold many odd twists and turns. As for those of you who have read the manga, what fights are you looking foward to?

I just really want to see all of the new Shikais and bankais, since they looked just [I]awesome[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]