OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I know I?m looking forward to Bleach coming to Adult Swim. I?ve only read the manga and I really want to see the anime. What I?m most pleased with is that it is going to be on Adult Swim. Unless they change before it?s aired, other aspects of cartoon network has started putting up popup banners that cover the bottom fifth of the screen during the show to advertise other shows. I?ve quit recording shows since it?s really annoying.

So even if the dubbing isn?t the best, at least I won?t have to deal with those annoying popups. Who ever came up with that idea needs to be dragged out in the street and shot. [/COLOR]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm most certainly not hopeful of the english dubbing. I've seen very few animes where the english dubbings were acceptable and maybe 1 or 2 where they were actually rather good (FMA and Cowboy Bebop). But it always seems like the ones that sound really good in japanese like Naruto and Bleach are destined for less than stellar dubbing. It's important atleast that they dont mess up Ichigo or Ishida's voices.

Guest thrashax
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Bleach7
This week, Shounen Jump announced that there will be a BLEACH MOVIE. There isn't much info out yet, but the movie will be out in December 2006. Only a year away folks!! ^_^ More info can be found here[/QUOTE]
so apparently there is a bleach movie :D . i checked for more proof and if you look here:[URL=http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/bleach/]tv-tokyo bleach movie[/URL] you will see and know its definite. ive heard december is the japanese premiere so was wonderin if anyone knew anything more about it. i just hope it fits in with the series unlike the o.v.a's....

[COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT][SIZE=1]thrashax, any and all Bleach conversation should take place in the Bleach thread. I merged your thread with the official Bleach thread. For links to official threads, check the Official Threads Directory. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
This show is awsome I think I like it as much as I like Naruto. This is like my 3rd anime I have accually watched like from the 1st episode. I have watched the anime to episode 81 and it is getting pretty crazy. They finally show more about the Bountou and what they are up to. I really liked when ichigo was in soul society and i liked his soul slayer I also liked renjis zabimaru also. I cant wait until the movie comes out I wonder what its going to be about.

Yeah, the Bounto episodes are getting pretty good. I wasn't all that into it at first but i figured they're a lot better than the later Naruto fillers. I'm glad they show more of Matsumoto (me like Matsumoto :animeswea) and Kira. Despite it's less than impressive appearence, Wabisuke is pretty bad ***. Can't wait for Ishida to start fighting again too.

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
I know he is still trying to get[spoiler] his quincy powers[/spoiler] back i just got finished watching episode 88 and that one fight with that [spoiler]old bounto was good that sucks that he can put them in another dimention[/spoiler] I cant wait until I get to watch episode 89. So how do you think that ichigo is going to beat the bounto? Ya and naruto has'nt been all that good because they have way to much side episodes. :animeangr

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Added a few more spoiler tags, since some people may not know of that yet ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, but here is some of the cast of Bleach dub.

Ishida = [b]Derek Stephen Prince[/b] - This guy is the VA for Shino in Naruto. He was also Lin from Cowboy Bebop. (Different Alias)

Ichigo = you ready? [b]Johnny Yong Bosch[/b] - O_O!!!!! Can this guy really play this role? I mean I never seen the sub, but judging from the manga...... Anyways, this guy is a former Power Ranger and also Vash the Stampede, and currently the VA for Renton in Eureka 7.

Rukia = [b]Michelle Ruff[/b] - She was that Ayase girl in S-cry-ed. Other than that, I don't know anything about her.

Orihime = [b]Stephanie Sheh[/b] - She's the VA for Eureka in Eureka 7, as well as the VA for Hinata in Naruto

Karin = [b]Kate Higgins[/b] - That one been known for a while

Yuzu = [b]Michelle Ruff[/b] - Look at Rukia

Isshin = [b]Patrick Seitz[/b] - I don't know him

Tatsuki = [b]Wendee Lee[/b] - Who don't know her. Faye Faye from Cowboy Bebop. Can I see her playing this role..... probably not.

[URL=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4240]Source[/URL]

Like I said, I'm not sure if I should be happy or not with this. But I can hear all the comments now.

The VAs for the female characters don't seem too bad. I can pretty much imagine for the most part them being able to pull the characters off. I'm a bit perplexed about Ishida...but i suppose we'll wait and see. And I happen to like Bosch's work but for Ichigo i guess i'll have to see, like I said for Ishida. Sucks you don't have one for Renji listed, I'm curious to know whos going to VA for him.

Guest Eribell
[quote name='MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU']I cant wait until the movie comes out I wonder what its going to be about.[/quote]

Me neither!! I wish I was able to see it on the big screen, it makes it even better!

I think overall people seem to be really happy with the dub VA's! I know I love Ishida's VA, I am excited to hear Rukia's voice though, I hope they don't make her voice too high.

[quote name='BK']The VAs for the female characters don't seem too bad. I can pretty much imagine for the most part them being able to pull the characters off. I'm a bit perplexed about Ishida...but i suppose we'll wait and see. And I happen to like Bosch's work but for Ichigo i guess i'll have to see, like I said for Ishida. Sucks you don't have one for Renji listed, I'm curious to know whos going to VA for him.[/quote]

Yeah, I also like Bosch's work. (Granted that I've only heard him in Trigun, and random characters, and getting use to him as Renton) Only reason I can't picture him voicing as Ichigo at the moment is because I can't see Johnny doing anything serious. It will be interesting to see if he can pull it off though. I never seen the sub, so I don't know if Ichi's voice is suppose to be high or low, but when I read the manga, I normally picture him with the guy that did Yusuke's (Yu Yu Hakusho) voice.

As far as Renji, I'm also wondering who they're going to get. I have a few ideas, but I won't get my hopes up.

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
[quote name='Eribell']Me neither!! I wish I was able to see it on the big screen, it makes it even better![/quote]

ya I know it would be great but people in USA wont try it because the anime is only in japan anyway I will probably download it :).

Well as for the voices they are pretty good but the guy that playes ichigo is from the power rangers lol he does pretty well as ichigo though. I wonder if Ishida is going to get his quincy powers like in the next episode I hope he does.

Ishida will probably temporarily be able to once again channel his spirit energy which would allow him to have quincy abilities, but [spoiler]he is supposed to permanently get his powers back from his father, after he makes him promise never to work with a shinigami again. Whether or not they do that, Ishida will def get his powers back...but if they choose not to do it the way of the manga they better not make it too pointless.[/spoiler]

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Ya I hope he would sill fight together with [spoiler]Ichigo[/spoiler]. Oh ya I was wondering what if [spoiler]Ishida gets his powers back wouldnt the bounto try to capture his soul because that is what they want right??[/spoiler] Anotherwords I want to see the next episode now!

[COLOR=#af992f][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU][spoiler']Ishida gets his powers back wouldnt the bounto try to capture his soul because that is what they want right??[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]Even if he does get his powers back, he is going to have to loose them again somehow because if they intend to keep it like that then Ishida training with his father to go and get his powers back.[/spoiler] Or else they could go off of the main track like many other animes have. I hope they don't though because doing that have been the downfall so many good animes.

As far as the cat goes, I have nothing to say about that, since I am not one who really does that to much. So I really don't know many of those people so the least I can say, is I hope its good?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Or [spoiler]Ishida might even save Ichigo and the others because they are trying to go in the bountou hideout and might get cought. oh ya is that one vice caption commander (whatever they are called) that is with Ishida helping him get his powers back?[/spoiler]

[quote name='MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU]Or [spoiler']Ishida might even save Ichigo and the others because they are trying to go in the bountou hideout and might get cought. oh ya is that one vice caption commander (whatever they are called) that is with Ishida helping him get his powers back?[/spoiler][/quote]

Yeah, i can definitly see him saving the crew but the [spoiler]powers he gains can't last forever if they wish to follow the manga. He'll probably wipe out a doll and send the bounto running. Or maybe if they decide to end the fillers here, not that i'm complaining about them but they just cannot go on as long as the naruto ones.[/spoiler]

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Yah you read the Manga. I never read them thats probably why I am wondering what is going on with the [spoiler] bounto [/spoiler]. Where do you get the Manga at?

[quote name='BKstyles]Yeah, i can definitly see him saving the crew but the [spoiler']powers he gains can't last forever if they wish to follow the manga. He'll probably wipe out a doll and send the bounto running. Or maybe if they decide to end the fillers here, not that i'm complaining about them but they just cannot go on as long as the naruto ones.[/spoiler][/quote]

Nemu said that she was [spoiler]lending Ishida her power, which suggests that he won't have his back permanantely. I'm hoping they don't give them to him permanently as I love the way the manga's going and I want the anime to follow the same direction. Also Ichigo has to reachieve Bankai sometime during the next few eps to make sure they are following the manga.[/spoiler]

Hopefully the fillers end when they bring in the new starting.

[QUOTE=Meggido]Nemu said that she was [spoiler]lending Ishida her power, which suggests that he won't have his back permanantely. I'm hoping they don't give them to him permanently as I love the way the manga's going and I want the anime to follow the same direction. Also Ichigo has to reachieve Bankai sometime during the next few eps to make sure they are following the manga.[/spoiler]

Hopefully the fillers end when they bring in the new starting.[/QUOTE]

I dun even know why she said she was lending him "her" power, since it's an [spoiler]accesory used by quincys that was simply being used by Mayuri for research after experimenting on a bunch of Quincys.[/spoiler] I doubt anybody would be able to use it, atleast not to it's true capabilities.

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
So [spoiler] thats why nemu is there because of her captions research thats how she is going to get his powers back. thats tight, I really didnt think Ichigo could get his Bankai powers because he is in earth and not soul society[/spoiler]

Just watched ep 90 and the preview for ep 91. I actually saw the Bounto's ultimate goal [spoiler]being to destroy Soul Society a while ago. And as Kariya said he's never hid that goal maybe being why it seemed so obvious to me.[/spoiler]

looks like in ep 91 [spoiler]Ichigo reobtains Bankai, hopefully leading into the Arrancar arc, and Ishida also gains his powers back. As I said before hopefully Ishida's powers are only limited so it stays true to the manga in the end.[/spoiler]

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Dang man episode 90 was pretty tight I hope that [spoiler] Ichigo reachieves his Bankai[/spoiler]

Well [spoiler] That was so tight the way Renji Defeted that doll with his Bankai he kicked its but![/spoiler] Well I cant wait for Episode 91!

• 2 weeks later...
From ANN

[b]Yuri Lowenthal[/b] as Keigo Asano

Now it seems like they're unveilling names one by one.

I didn't go into the name this time (kind of lazy at the moment), but isn't Yuri the VA that's voicing Sasuke in Naruto?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Well I have finally watched the latest bleach episode and I come and think [spoiler]you know when rukia tries to fight that bountou and she fails and tries to run, well why cant she train like ichigo and try to get her soul slayer back? she would be much better because she can get back into her death god form.[/spoiler]

[b][size=1]I have a question about the animation. Seeing that I've only read the manga thus far, patiently (impatiently) waiting for it to premiere on Sept 9. I tend to compare the artwork to the animation quite a bit. I've seen a couple of pictures of the anime, and it looks good and all, but I've never seen any pictures of the fights and whatnot. (pictures I saw was of solo characters)

The reason I'm wondering this is because I use to read Naruto and the artwork for it was pretty good. Saw a couple of pictures of it in color, and it was ok, cool, whatever. Then I hear people talking about the animation in the anime. Saying it's top notch, superb and any other high praising words you can think of. But when it came on for the 1st time on Toonami, (I'll admit it now, the 1st episode's animation was pretty good.) I didn't think it was all that great. (It's good, but it's not great... put it like that.) Now mind you, when so many people speak highly of something I'm going to compare it with others that ranks good to spectacular in that same category. Meaning I was comparing it to Samurai X (T*B) and Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

The same is happening for Bleach. I'm hearing a lot of high praising for Bleach's animation. It's not going to stop me from watching Bleach or anything, I just want to know (if I were comparing it to GitS and Samurai X) would I be getting my hopes up if I were expecting the animation to be on the level of those animes? (Kind of anxious to see the fight between Ichigo and Byakuya in motion ^_^)[/b][/size]