OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

I agree, the fillers this time are definitely better than the Bount arc, but it's not looking to be exactly spectacular. [spoiler] I mean, it's looking like one of those typical heir of prominent family is in danger of being overthrown. Personally, I love Kenryuu despite his anti-canon-ness. I adore him while Hitsugaya doesn't have screentime. Also, besides Ichigo and Renji, Ikkaku can also reach bankai. Granted, he doesn't want to become captain, he could be forced to do it. I can also see the similarities between Kyouraku and Shuusuke, but there are definite differences. I wish not to mention them, but there are differences.[/spoiler]

Bleach is one of my favorite animes though; it's enjoyable when they aren't doing fillers. The fillers even have their moments. Nova/Noba from the Bount arc was the only good thing from that. Ririn should be shot, and Kuroudo/Cloud should fall into a meat grinder...or something...They annoy me...If you haven't noticed...

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this anime is just pure BAD.

i've tried to watch it multiple times and in the end i managed until episode 53 but its just so boring and also predictable. although the art isn't too bad though and character designs are nice there aren't enough good points to compare to bad points so i refuse to watch this.

This series is getting good more because I just finish Bleach 147 and need to watch more episode. I know thats kinda behind, but soon I'll catch up to the current episode and hope that things get more exciting. I'm hoping that [spoiler]Ichigo can last longer on his hollow transformation, so that the battle would be more interesting when he does alot of cool moves.[/spoiler] I'm hoping this series is getting more good as I watch more episode.

Sorry, but I forgot to put this in my last post, so here is the question: What episode does the movie Bleach The Diamond Dust Rebellion take place after?

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Sorry, but I forgot to put this in my last post, so here is the question: What episode does the movie Bleach The Diamond Dust Rebellion take place after?[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Diamond Dust Rebellion actually doesn't take place after any episode Blitz, the Bleach movies like those of Naruto and Dragonball Z lie outside the regular universe of episodes due to the fact they don't fit in anywhere in the continuity. For example with DDR [spoiler]Ichigo is clearly able to use his Vizard transformation freely which would indicate a setting in the Hueco Mundo arc.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

• 8 months later...
Oh man, this Bount arc is horrible. (I've only seen about 6-8 episode) And people are saying that this is better than Naruto's fillers.... Boy, I'd hate to watch them if people are claiming this to be better.

Let's see, from the past 3-4 episodes I've seen, there's been characters acting really stupid yet they were suppose to be smart. [spoiler]Ishida being my main target. I mean Ichigo practically had the battle won against Kariya (however his name is spelled.) and they have this suppose to be "smart" character shoot an arrow that lead these bounts back to Soul Society and now they have some type of advantage of healing their wombs with Reishi or something like that.[/spoiler] (dumb@$$) This whole thing could've been done if it weren't for interruptions. [spoiler]Byakuya and Ichigo could've done away with Kariya, but nooo, this stupid broad interferes just to say hi to Kariya....[/spoiler]

I've also seen rip-off's of other characters and their zanpakuto. [spoiler]This Maki Ichinose person is nothing but a light-skinned version of Tousen with a combination of Tousen and Aizen's zanpakuto. This guy hate's Kenpachi for killing a captain of the 11th division. (They shared the same type of flashback for this previous captain that was killed by Kenny in Tousen's flashback... Are you serious...?) Not to mention he's going on about honor. (justice.. anyone?) As I've said, his zanpakuto is a combination of both Tousen's and Aizen's put together. Instead of darkness, this guy uses light and it can cast illusions... (ok, a more stabled version of Kyoka Suigetsu.)[/spoiler]

Last weeks episode alone was the first time I've ever seen so many inconsistent artwork/animation moments in 1 full episode of any show. (cartoon or japanese animation) One moment it goes from having some nice looking visuals to some freakishly hideous moments. (This is within about a 2 minute time frame) I know Kenpachi's not the easiest person to draw in the world (nor animate... his hair is ridiculous lol), but his back shots were terrible. It's really hard to describe what the back of his head look like, but it was some terrible stuff. They really need to stick with either crappy/good artwork/animation throughout the episode. (at least the episode) Can't be both.

I hear there's 10 episodes left with this bount arc (Adult Swim btw). I don't know if I could last long enough to even wait for them. I did manage to check out some of those later fights down the line... Err... Let's just say I can't say I'm too thrilled about it. If I had a reason to look at some of the later episodes... It would only be because of the [spoiler]embarassing Zomari vs Byakuya fight.[/spoiler] Even though I still think David Kaye would've done a better Byakuya, Dan Woren's Byakuya sounds really good. [/rant]

Edit:

[size=1][color=navy]Against my better judgment I decided to watch this new filler arc and, to my surprise it's actually been quite entertaining. [spoiler]The idea of having zanpakuto's fight their masters[/spoiler] is an intriguing idea. There've been quite a few great moments too. [spoiler]Particularly dealing with Sode no Shirayuki, Hyorinmaru and Senbonzakura.[/spoiler] (As much as I don't like Rukia her fight was still nice to see.) To see Toushiro's little flashback thingy was interesting and whatnot. The latest episode was pretty good too.

My only gripe so far is that I don't think I've seen Kenpachi at all during all of this. He should be all over this trying to fight off everyones zanpakuto.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=navy]My only gripe so far is that I don't think I've seen Kenpachi at all during all of this. He should be all over this trying to fight off everyones zanpakuto.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Main consensus is that Kenpachi probably isn't going to appear in this arc because he'd 1-shot most of the zanpakuto including Muramasa in the space of a single episode. There'd also be the problem bringing him in would potentially mean giving hints about his zanpakuto's name/form/whatever. I'd like to see him in it, right from the beginning but I don't think he'll appear until the very end.[/SIZE]

[color=navy][size=1]I can understand that for the most part, but I still would've liked to have seen him anyway. Even if it's just to show him in the barracks doing nothing. It's kind of hard to have him not be in a single episode yet he's more popular than both Yumichika and Ikkaku.[/size][/color]

i love bleach insanely much, since it was my first anime. however, the bount arc almost ruined it for me. sure, there were some good fights, and the last several episodes were pretty good, but other parts i HATED. modsouls. annoying villains ([COLOR=white]the little possessing flower, the girl with the sword and fan, metal spider chick[/COLOR]). mostly what bothered me was the lack of power ups; i mean, everyone got crazy powerful in a relativley short time with the soul society arc. with the exception of [COLOR=white]rukia and her gradually returning kido and renjis non canon bankai move (the sweet impale then explode thing),[/COLOR] nobody got any stronger for almost 50 freaking episodes! there, my rant is over

anyway, im so happy to be back in the real plot! i know im way behind the whole "[COLOR=white]fight their own zanpaktous[/COLOR]" arc, but i am loving life again. i just hope this stuff with orihime isnt just a redo of the soul society arc.

btw, my first post!

[quote name='goldenboy']i love bleach insanely much, since it was my first anime. however, the bount arc almost ruined it for me. sure, there were some good fights, and the last several episodes were pretty good, but other parts i HATED. modsouls. annoying villains ([COLOR=white]the little possessing flower, the girl with the sword and fan, metal spider chick[/COLOR]). mostly what bothered me was the lack of power ups; i mean, everyone got crazy powerful in a relativley short time with the soul society arc. with the exception of [COLOR=white]rukia and her gradually returning kido and renjis non canon bankai move (the sweet impale then explode thing),[/COLOR] nobody got any stronger for almost 50 freaking episodes! there, my rant is over

anyway, im so happy to be back in the real plot! i know im way behind the whole "[COLOR=white]fight their own zanpaktous[/COLOR]" arc, but i am loving life again. i just hope this stuff with orihime isnt just a redo of the soul society arc.

btw, my first post![/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, the current Zanpakuto rebellion arc is also a filler and not part of the real plot...But I must say, this is definitely the best filler so far. Maybe because Kubo's having a hand in this :animesmil

I gotta agree with you there about the Bounto arc. It got so boring for me I refused to continue watching it halfway, so I had to resort to reading the manga and only got back to the anime after the arc was over.

Congrats on your first post! My first post too :p

• 1 month later...
[size=1][color=navy]Ok, I've had it with this filler. It was already falling apart in the last episode, but this crap they're pulling with Orihime to drag things out even further is beyond ridiculous (This is the 2nd time I've seen stupid crap in these fillers). Seriously, heal the enemy just so he can obtain his goal... WHAT THE HELL? It's justified when she healed Grimmjow because it's not like she had much of a choice, but here, she's doing it of freewill (And she know that he's the enemy). I don't care if that's her character. That's just straight up garbage.

Lesson learned. Never give anymore filler a chance. [/rant][/size][/color]

[size=1]I admit I've lost pretty much all faith in it myself as well. Started off with an interesting enough premise but became pretty much standard filler-fare as of the latest episode which really, really destroyed any promise that the arc had.

I mean aside from Orihime being truly the biggest ditz ever to live, yes it's admirable to heal someone even if they're your enemy, but that's only if that person doesn't represent a gargantuan threat by themselves to not only yourself, but everyone around you and your entire city. The fact that Orihime has been such a dead weight in the manga as well (aside from forcing Ichigo into Hueco Mundo which developed his Vizard powers and [spoiler]gave him his newer Hollow form and mask after Ulquiorra killed him[/spoiler]) I was hoping she'd either not appear in this arc or at least be of some use.

That said, Yamamoto is himself completely responsible for what has occurred. The man knew who and what Muramasa was, knew what he could do, knew what he wanted...and he decided to seal himself away without telling anyone thus giving Muramasa every opening he has had so far. Nice job you idiot.[/size]

• 7 months later...
Wow, the last thing talked about were those fillers....

I'm only going to talk about the Ulquiorra and Ichigo fight since nothing else really matters... That was Bleach's best fight to date. In terms of animation and artwork, along with the emotion thrown in as well. I have to admit that while I didn't care for neither Ulquiorra or Ichigo's transformations they did look more sinister in the anime compared to the manga. While it don't really bother me, I gotta wonder why the [spoiler]edit of Uryu's arm[/spoiler] considering there've been far worst things.

Stark and Shunsui's fight has been disappointing and funny... >_>

I hate Wonderweiss with a passion. He is suppose to counteract Head Captain Yamamoto's zanpakuto but he is doing all this other crap. I dont like how they disrespect Juushiro Ukitake...he is probably one of the top 5 captains as far as strength goes but he gets done in with a single hole put through him....it was just a hand.

As for fights...I still believe that Grimmjow and Ichigo have the best fight...even though it was unresolved thanks to Nnoitora. It was the best matchup of strength as they were both evenly matched and fought for something. Ulquiorra and Ichigo's fight was kinda lame...all they did was talk about true despair and how each one was more like the other. Once Ulquiorra released his Segunda Etapa, it was very one-sided until Ichigo pulled a Yu-gi-Oh!(doing the right thing at the right time) and killed Ulquiorra in basically one hit. Not a lot happened there. Ichigo's fights with Kenpachi and Byakuya were way better anyway.

I don't know, I didn't really care for any of the fights in Soul Society when actually watching it (outside of a couple). Reading it was far more exciting. I'm a huge animation/artwork buff and I felt the SS fights were lacking in both intensity as well as that fast pace movement I enjoy to see. I was so disappointed when I first saw Byakuya run towards Ichigo... (Yoruichi vs Soifon was definately the most disappointing considering they kept slowing crap down) Ulquiorra vs Ichigo round 2 had everything I was looking for and it kept the nice character models so it earned extra points.

As for Segunda Etapa.... Let me first start by saying I enjoy seeing one-sided beatings from cool characters.. (I also like to see toe-to-toe fights as well) The deus ex from Ichigo was indeed a disappointment. I believe everybody agrees with that. [spoiler]That was also the start of the initial disappointment for the remaining espada[/spoiler]. But the fight itself (the actual sword/lance fighting) was entertaining. The talk of despair, (I really don't know how you take in your info) I take that as part of Ulquiorra's character development because if you noticed he didn't exactly get a flashback so you have to take whatever you can get. Wanting Ichigo to act human and give in to fear and surrender and whatnot. But that's just my take on it.

Edit:

For the latest episode, it was pretty good up until [spoiler]the Vaizards showed up[/spoiler]. Seriously, did they really need to show recaps? I know it's been a long time since they were shown, but what was the point of that? Everyone know who they are because I'm certain everyone was thinking the same thing, [spoiler]"when are these people going to show up?"[/spoiler] This stalling is bothersome. Edited by Magus

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I admit, when they showed up with about 5 minutes to go in the episode I figured we were going to see the Vizards mask up and [spoiler]tear apart Fura's Gillian horde[/spoiler]. The flashback was rather pointless, unless of course they're assuming people have completely forgotten about how the Vizards are after the long spell away in Hueco Mundo. At least we get to see them do their thing next week.

Regarding Wonderweiss, if you go back to the episode where he first appeared and entered the real world, his power reading from Soul Society was [strike]over 9000!![/strike] crimson, the same level as Grimmjow, Yammy and Luppi which puts him on the same scale as the Espada. The fact he was intended to [spoiler]take down Yamamoto's zanpakutou also would indicate he was intended to survive for some period against Yamamoto[/spoiler] in combat, which would necessitate him being quite powerful on his own. Therefore in my mind him being able to take down Ukitake from behind when he wasn't expecting him isn't hugely far-fetched, nor shattering Hitsugaya's ice-tower thing.

Also please remember to use spoiler tags here guys for stuff that's not yet happened in the anime that has happened in the manga.[/size][/font]

Man I cant wait for the next episode. Some of the stuff Ive seen so far definitely needs some voices and sound added to it. I liked seeing Soifon's bankai and Starkk's sword release in motion.

Gavin...You're right about Wonderweiss...he is a pretty powerful little kid. Its always the weirdos that have the most power. Aizen should have made him an espada....he is way better than espada numbers 7,8, and 9. I mean, he gave Luppi an espada promotion...how hard could it be to become one. Obviously being weak is okay.

[quote name='Humaru' date='11 July 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1278883676' post='697120']
Gavin...You're right about Wonderweiss...he is a pretty powerful little kid. Its always the weirdos that have the most power. Aizen should have made him an espada....he is way better than espada numbers 7,8, and 9. I mean, he gave Luppi an espada promotion...how hard could it be to become one. Obviously being weak is okay.
[/quote]
Outside of Ulquiorra's, Grimmjow's and maybe Nnoitra's performance would you really want to see Wonderweiss ranked as an espada? [spoiler]Considering everyone else's lackluster performance[/spoiler].

[quote name='Magus' date='12 July 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1278950883' post='697178']
Outside of Ulquiorra's, Grimmjow's and maybe Nnoitra's performance would you really want to see Wonderweiss ranked as an espada? [spoiler]Considering everyone else's lackluster performance[/spoiler].
[/quote]

Yeah. He would have forced most soul reapers to their breaking point. Wonderweiss is a huge step up from Aaroniero, who was so foolish that he let Rukia of all people beat him after he already had her beat.

[quote name='Humaru' date='12 July 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1278993506' post='697216']
Yeah. He would have forced most soul reapers to their breaking point. Wonderweiss is a huge step up from Aaroniero, who was so foolish that he let Rukia of all people beat him after he already had her beat.
[/quote]
I guess what I'm saying is because of the disappointment, and because Wonderweiss was [spoiler]made specifically for countering Yama-ji[/spoiler] he really don't need to be an espada. IMO, just being able to take out Ukitake ([spoiler]as well as doing Kensei in off screen[/spoiler]) the way he did puts him in a higher class than espada's 4 through 10. Might be higher than 2 and 3 as well.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]The problem with making Wonderweiss an Espada is, aside from the obvious big reveal of his power-level, that the Espada are intended to be analogous of the Gotei 13, the captains of what was (at least originally intended to be) Aizen's Hollow Army (an idea which has since been dropped it seems). Wonderweiss's inability to communicate with any being aside from Fura and perhaps Tousen would make that impossible, as well as the fact he seems to possess very little intelligence which is more comparable to the instinct of an animal. That's why, despite his power, Urahara was able to hold him off without any visible effort and was from the looks of it, ready to finish him off before the Negacion came into effect and the Espada withdrew.

Sure, some of the Espada fights have been lacklustre, contrived but to say that Wonderweiss deserves to be an Espada is pushing it a little in my opinion.[/size][/font]

The same issues I had with the last episode continued here, although in a sense the flashbacks that was shown this time around was far more fitting than some type of intro thingy, but I don't think showing Urahara was really all that necessary, considering that it seemed like it was Yama-ji that was reminiscing (sp?). (Same thing with showing a flashback within a flashback... I definately hate that type of stuff) Some of it could've been cut.

I am surprised that 3 chapters was able to fit in... (really? I'm used to 1 1/2-2 chapters being covered instead of 3) Kubo needs to do some drastic changes in the manga if the anime can fit in a long flashback and still cover 3 chapters.

One thing that hasn't changed from the manga was my lack of interest in the Vaizards. I was happy they showed up but when they started all the talking (outside of Love) during the fighting I was already done with them, and Mashiro repeatedly saying "kick" will more than likely irritate me when it gets dubbed. (I hated reading it as well..) I never really cared for Mashiro.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Agreed, it's bad enough having to put up with entire filler arcs between any major manga arc but it seems the "let's insert filler/flashbacks into regular episodes" has become the standard lengthening tool. Of course I blame the terrible pacing of the manga for creating this in the first place.[/size][/font]

[color=indigo]I just finished episode 278 and I was pretty disappointed. Kyoraku and Ukitake got owned way too easily. It doesn't make sense that Soifon and Toshiro could defeat arguably more impressive Espada (I know that Stark is Espada numero uno, but Barragan was far cooler) and while the two senior captains got beat up in one-shot "surprise" attacks. Really, it isn't like Wonderweiss came out of no where, why would one of the most experienced captains get taken out so easily? Really, does anyone take Ukitake or Kyoraku seriously at this point?

I was also disappointed at Yami going from Espada 10 to Espada 0. Really? This is the same character that lost his arm to a lackadaisical Ichigo. Again, it just doesn't make sense.[/color]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I wouldn't be too certain about power rankings for the minute HC, but suffice to say Soifon and Hitsugaya's fights most certainly do not put them above Kyouraku and Ukitake.

As for Yammy, he pretty much explains it himself, to release he has to consume a large amount of energy (hence why Chad says he's much bigger than before) so unreleased he's the weakest Espada and after getting enough energy to release he jumps to being the strongest (although truth be told I doubt that being the case).[/size][/font]