OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[COLOR=#790A43][quote name='Meggido']The other question that comes to mind revolves around the fact that the ending credits show 3 other people that could be villains on top of the 3 we've already met. Are they the same as the first 3 or are they something completely different?[/quote]I've a nagging feeling that after some episodes, them weird-looking villains will turn out to be a) allies of Ichigo & Co; or b) characters neutral to both our heroes and the other three villain-types. Maybe they've a thing against whoever's (possibly) controlling them but can't do jack squat about it. After all, they're mod-souls, aren't they?[/COLOR]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't know why but I also have a feeling that these.. "games" are really some kind of a test for the gang and such to destroy a bigger and more terrible evil. Yet... Episode 67 ..although there wasnt any major fighting and things happened in it. If you watched it you know what I am talking about, The humor effect in that is almost to high to cout. The way the students heard it. It probaly toped out on the Yaoi factor.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't know why but I also have a feeling that these.. "games" are really some kind of a test for the gang and such to destroy a bigger and more terrible evil. Yet... Episode 67 ..although there wasnt any major fighting and things happened in it. If you watched it you know what I am talking about, The humor effect in that is almost to high to cout. The way the students heard it. It probaly toped out on the Yaoi factor.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

I can see what ya mean having just finished watching ep67. But also this had to be one of the funniest filler eps I'd seen for any show. On another note, next weeks ep will be 68-69. Watching the preview at the end it said that the next ep will be 1 hour long so I'm assuming that it's 2 eps rather than being like 63 which was an extended special.

There's also rumours that the next eps will be the final of the filler arc but I don't believe it to be true.

[COLOR=#790A43]^ It probably is. Hope they change the horrible ending theme animation too. But what about the three still-unnamed characters in it? Shouldn't they be introduced first before the arc closes? :animestun

But yeah, maybe they're gonna end the arc in 68/69. [spoiler]They've already primed us for a possible Soul Society-related arc with all that Senkai-Gate-is-closed thing. Who could be making that "unidentified transmission" and to whom was it for? And why was Ukitake carrying so many sweets in his sleeves? (Poor Hitsugaya!)[/spoiler] I *really* am looking forward to it![/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS][spoiler]Why didn't Ichigo just bash each of his friends over the head with his Battle Certificate? It has the same effect as Rukia's glove or Urahara's cane, so the Mod-Soul pill would have popped right out of fake-Chad/Claude's skull. Easy win for Team Ichigo. But no. Bleh.[/spoiler]

I'm baffled as to why the next episode is going to be a double. Surely the idea of filler is to pad for time while they animate more episodes of genuine, manga-based Bleach; if that's the case, why speed up the rate at which we progress through the filler?

Whatever, I'm hoping the double will mark the end of the arc, but what with those three randoms in the end sequence I'm not optimistic. Lirin did say [spoiler]that finding Chad would be the "last game,"[/spoiler] so maybe the double is the end of the Lirin/Claude/Nova arc and the beginning of the 'other guys' arc?
[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]I'm hoping the double will mark the end of the arc, but what with those three randoms in the end sequence I'm not optimistic. Lirin did say [spoiler]that finding Chad would be the "last game,"[/spoiler] so maybe the double is the end of the Lirin/Claude/Nova arc and the beginning of the 'other guys' arc?
[/font][/QUOTE]I just finished watching the episode in the raw. It is [spoiler]one long episode that does explain/introduce the characters you see[/spoiler] in the end credits sans one character. The beginning credits are also altered just a tad. The story during this extended episode does "tie up" the one arc and begin the next [spoiler]vampire-esque[/spoiler] arc.

I do now have an overwhelming urge to make Orihime's new "purse".

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I just noticed that in a way doesn't seem like this whole arc relates to the same in Yu Yu Hakusho when they were about to go up against someone who I can't remember so there were like three "enemies" and they eventually turned out to be partners, Intresting isnt it?

Well I have really always wondered "What happens when a spirit is killed?" So I finally put two and two together and though that [spoiler] Maybe when spirits die they come back to life in some sort of way.[/spoiler] I mean what else can happen with something that is already dead? go to a second Soul Society or something? I just used the fact that Ichigo and [spoiler]Kaien[/spoiler] Do look a lot alike.

Ha, Ichimaru's full first name is Ginyanote.. I wouldn't have guessed that[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Ikillion][/font][color=DarkSlateGray][size=1][font=Comic Sans MS]What happens when a spirit is killed?[/font][/size][/color'][font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] It's been explained, and you're pretty much right. Die in the 'real' world, you go to Soul Society as a spirit. Die in Soul Society and you're reincarnated in the 'real' world. Way back near the beginning of the series, when Ishida first made his appearance and Rukia was explaining what was wrong with the Quincys' methods, there was a metaphor with a big hourglass. It was full of liquid flowing both ways, so each bulb (real world and Soul Society) is constantly refilling the other.

On the subject of the latest episode, I am getting a little annoyed at the big deviations from the manga, as I think they're going to reduce the impact of certain events once the [spoiler]Arrancar/Visored[/spoiler] arc begins. Most specifically [spoiler]the entrances of Renji and Rukia[/spoiler]. But overall I'm impressed, the filler episodes haven't been nearly as sucky as I was expecting.
[/font]

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Meh, I think it's better this way, [spoiler]Rukia and Renji appearing at different episodes so as to put some even spacing between these wonderful, wonderful events.[/spoiler] Gotta keep the fans interested, yeah? [spoiler]I won't be surprised if Ikkaku shows up before episode 80! But I do hopeRenji gets more exposure in this arc.[/spoiler]

And Shinigami's Golden Cup just keeps getting better and better. Wonder what they've got in store for White Day?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1]Meh, I think it's better this way, [spoiler]Rukia and Renji appearing at different episodes so as to put some even spacing between these wonderful, wonderful events.[/spoiler] Gotta keep the fans interested, yeah? [spoiler]I won't be surprised if Ikkaku shows up before episode 80! But I do hopeRenji gets more exposure in this arc.[/spoiler]

And Shinigami's Golden Cup just keeps getting better and better. Wonder what they've got in store for White Day?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm hoping the fillers end by ep 75. If they're still going by ep80 something's wrong.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well if you thought hat the fillers were going to be like that ...who knows I mean take a look at where Naruto is right now, I heard a rumor that it was suppose to span for twenty episodes but it is only a rumon I hope its a rumor and as for the schedual I think things just got a little flipsy.

[quote name='Bleach7.com']This just came in. Apparently the anime is going to have another hour-long special soon. In two weeks, we will have episode 71, followed the following week by episode 72 (March 14th). March 21st, there will be NO EPISODE SHOWN. However on March 28th, they will show episodes 73 and 74 as an hour long special. No titles have been revealed for those three episodes[/quote]

I really don't want to touch that line up in anywhich way. It seems that its rather irregular for Bleach to be showing in such a pattern, I wonder why...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#646546][SIZE=1]They're really thinking this filler arc through, thus the irregular schedule, IMO. Especially now that they've made a few deviations from the source material, it's easier to make a mistake at this point in the series. The next deviation might cause some horrible inconsistency with the manga, yeah?

Hope they manage to end this filler arc without making a royal mess.
(Hilarious Shinigami's Cup Golden, BTW. [spoiler]In the manga, did Soul Society really send Hanatarou to Ichi's world?)[/spoiler])[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Delta][COLOR=#646546][SIZE=1]They're really thinking this filler arc through, thus the irregular schedule, IMO. Especially now that they've made a few deviations from the source material, it's easier to make a mistake at this point in the series. The next deviation might cause some horrible inconsistency with the manga, yeah?

Hope they manage to end this filler arc without making a royal mess.
(Hilarious Shinigami's Cup Golden, BTW. [spoiler]In the manga, did Soul Society really send Hanatarou to Ichi's world?)[/spoiler])[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

simple answer to your question is no. about the golden cup that is.

[font=Trebuchet MS][spoiler]Hanatarou's appearance really threw me. I read a synopsis ages ago of the next JUMP Festa omake episode, [i]The Sealed Sword Frenzy, [/i]and it involved Renji turning up pretending to be a cop, and Hanatarou turning up working in a shop. I seem to remember the bad guy from the omake looking quite like the beardy boss vampire, too, so maybe they're building up for the omake to end the filler arc?[/spoiler][/font]

[url=http://www.animeondvd.com/][u]Bleach = licensed by Viz[/u][/url]

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I'm surprised by the sheer stealth of it all. The C21 Media article has been public knowledge for a while--it's just that you have to pay or something to read it in full, which is probably why there was never a big commotion about it. It just puzzles me that related rumors never went roaring around the web... none that I saw, at any rate.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger][url=http://www.animeondvd.com/][u]Bleach = licensed by Viz[/u][/url]

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but I'm surprised by the sheer stealth of it all. The C21 Media article has been public knowledge for a while--it's just that you have to pay or something to read it in full, which is probably why there was never a big commotion about it. It just puzzles me that related rumors never went roaring around the web... none that I saw, at any rate.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

well at least it's no as bad as having the companies who licensed Naruto or Basilisk with the license.

anyway onto ep71. I kinda think the fillers are going down hill. Apart from the fact that they've broken away from the manga to a large extent the storylines don't really seem believable to the Bleach world anymore.

[font=Trebuchet MS]Most of the Bleach sites I check are taking this announcement with a pinch of salt. The reasons most of them give are:
[/font] [list=1]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]Disreputable source[/font]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]No official announcement by Viz[/font]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]No mention of this anywhere else on the Internet[/font]
[/list]

[COLOR=#656446]A funny thing happened while I was watching Episode 71. [i]I got bored.[/i]

As Meggido said, perhaps the series really is going downhill. The animation's gotten worse, the plot is dragging and it looks like [spoiler]Soul Society's got no intention of going after Aizen, with Captain Kyouraku searching for Bound (Bounto?) info and all.[/spoiler] And methinks the conclusion's still way beyond the horizon 'cause the creators are adding in new plot threads like [spoiler]the Bounds' special ability and possibly background info about Ishida's mom.[/spoiler]

So, do you guys think that they'll still be able to connect the series to the manga? Would you rather have them end this season and continue with BLEACH anime only when the Vaizard Arc's over?

Oh, and despite the episode falling short of my expectations, Shinigami's Cup still rocks.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dagger][url=http://www.animeondvd.com/][u]Bleach = licensed by Viz[/u][/url]

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It's not really shocking that Viz liscensed Bleach. Although I am a little disappointed though as I was hoping Funimation would get it instead. But I guess it can't be helped. I hope they don't do any type of rush job in it. (Because I do feel Naruto was a rush job. Released too quickly)

[quote name='Delta']So, do you guys think that they'll still be able to connect the series to the manga? Would you rather have them end this season and continue with BLEACH anime only when the Vaizard Arc's over?[/quote]
I haven't seen the anime yet, but I hope they connect the anime back with it's manga counterpart.

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]Most of the Bleach sites I check are taking this announcement with a pinch of salt. The reasons most of them give are:
[/font] [list=1]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]Disreputable source[/font]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]No official announcement by Viz[/font]
[*][font=Trebuchet MS]No mention of this anywhere else on the Internet[/font]
[/list][/QUOTE]
[quote=Snippets from the C21 Media article]
"Bleach is one of the big heavy hitters coming out of Japan, for which we have pretty big expectations. It is a very highly rated show on TV Tokyo at the moment," said John Easum, executive VP of Viz Media.

The property is already a very strong manga publishing title in the US, and Easum feels this is a "strong indication of how it will perform as a series."

According to Daniel Marks, MD at Viz Media BV, the Amsterdam-based company Viz launched in October with licensing outfit Copyright Promotions Licensing Group, teens will find it easy to identify with Bleach's characters.

"They are hip, trendy and fashionable," said Marks. "It sort of fuses a cool Samurai-esque feel with a retro style ? all in present-day pop culture Japan that we think will resonate really well with the teen demo."
[/quote]

Neither C21 Media nor Anime on DVD is a "disreputable source." At this point, a press release would just be a formality as far as I'm concerned. I don't see why they'd quote Easum's thoughts on the anime if they're talking about Europe instead.

~Dagger~

[font=Trebuchet MS]Ah, rightyo. I hadn't seen the article itself, just quoting the reasoning fansites were giving for distrusting the info. I think a lot of them had a "paysite = disreputable" mentality.

And yes, I'm now firmly of the opinion that the filler, while not as bad as people say the Naruto stuff is, is still terrible in comparison with the show proper. I don't think I'm even going to bother watching anyore, until they get back to the manga storyline.
[/font]