OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Only one word can really sum this up. episode 58=extreme ownage to the max.

Finally after all of the teasing and everything along those lines. [spoiler] We finally get to see Ichigo's bankai! and man it was just so much more impressive that I could ever imagine! The very first scene after he released it just showed him beating down byakuya (yay I spelled it right), not even letting him get a chance to react. That was cool but what I though was hilarious was when Ichigo went super speed around Byakuya and I even counted the order they appeared until I couldent keep track 1-1-2-3-4-7 all and all..the next one should be cool! [/spoiler] as for what is going on with the 10 division captain and the vice captain...its still up in the air.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Only one word can really sum this up. episode 58=extreme ownage to the max.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Word. God, was it awesome. :animesmil

Ichigo has become even cooler and more hot-blooded! The fight was just... perfect. I'm starting to appreciate Byakuya's seeming lack of personality up till this point. It's normal for villains in situations such as this one to spout things like [spoiler]"Impossible!" and "I'll crush you," etc. But when Byakuya does it, it's so much more meaningful. The tiniest show of emotion from him carries more weight than all the exclamations of so many other shounen-type enemies.[/spoiler] So I thought that aspect of it was handled really well.

The animation! The choreography! It just kicked way too much ***. I agree with you about the part when [spoiler]Ichigo goes so fast that Byakuya starts seeing copies;[/spoiler] that's a pretty cliched kind of scene, but I can say honestly that I've never seen it handled better than it was here. And Byakuya's torrents of cherry blossoms just looked so damn cool in every single frame.

I loved how Ichigo got [spoiler]a costume change to match Zangetsu.[/spoiler] That was pretty sweet, too. And [spoiler]I like that his bankai design was sort of the opposite of what one might expect--Ichigo being Ichigo, I thought it'd be some huge thing like the fox shinigami's. But actually it's very elegant and refined. I'm also happy that his sword won't eternally be in that clunky Cloud-esque form.[/spoiler]

I just hope they saved some money to animate the next episode properly, haha. :animeswea

~Dagger~

That was everything I hoped for finally an almost full episode just dealing with the main fight. [spoiler]I too liked Ichigo's new threads and the form of Zangetsu in bankai very slick looking with the chain hanging off the end. I'm really expecting Byakuya to pull something off strategy wise next episode even while his attacks were being evaded and countered he seemed to be already on the next move though he was more then surprised this round.[/spoiler] :animenose

I'm quite content now even though I'm wondering how Yoruichi and Soi Fong are coming along and what will happen with the other captains?

[Color=DarkBlue]If it's physically possible, I think 59 has surpassed 58 for the fight scene. Like the title says we see the end of the fight, but it ends so nobely. Leave it to Byakuya [spoiler] to leave a fight without showing himself hurt. From the begining which showed him letting out the second to last form of his Bankai, which surrounds him and Ichigo in the arena of swords. He then starts pulling 'em out, and finally catches Ichigo.

Then Boom! Bam! Anti-Ichigo/Hollow pops up and starts whalin' on Byakuya who just stands there and watches. Afterwards, Ichigogets control, nobel last shot, we find out that Byakuya has issues with rules, and then a tearful reunion happens.[/spoiler]

It's what happened afterwards that's got me interested. [spoiler]What exactly is the 12th Squad captain doing, and what's down there? I'm pretty sure Gin and Kira are involved, but what's in the box? It's flashy though.[/spoiler]

And of course there's a two week wait on the next episode... *grumbles*

All and All, a very enjoyable non forced episode. *nods*[/color]

I think [spoiler]Hollow!Ichigo[/spoiler] just became my favorite character in the series. His maniacal giggle is just golden.

I almost keeled over laughing at [spoiler]Byakuya's WTF!?! expression after the real Ichigo started taking control and peeling off Hollow Ichigo's mask.[/spoiler] That was just priceless. He really won extra cool points with all the stuff he pulled off in this episode, including [spoiler]changing his sword into two additional forms (the compressed one at the very end of the fight was suspiciously similar to Ichigo's, in terms of how he pushed his bankai down into a much smaller shape). And you've gotta love a guy who saves enough energy to vanish flashily even after being defeated. I thought they'd just show him falling over or whatever (which is what's usually done in situations like this--but I guess Byakuya is above that, haha).[/spoiler]

I wonder when they're going to pick up the fight between [spoiler]the two captains & the old guy. (I'm terrible with remembering names in this show...)[/spoiler] It could get awkward if they return to it suddenly, with all these other new developments taking place.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][quote name='Dagger]I think [spoiler]Hollow!Ichigo[/spoiler'] just became my favorite character in the series. His maniacal giggle is just golden. [/quote]

I must admit better words were never spoken...I bet I would have been able to say something about that if I hadnt been watching that one part over and over again.

I just have to admit it [spoiler]Hollow Ichigo tottaly Roxors my soxers![/spoiler] I never though that they would get his voice right to make it sound as...crazy as it did. however they have done it just perfectly! The events leading up to it all were just crazy though I mean[spoiler] the giant swords dome thingy and crazy getsuga color. the blackness just made it that much cooler. and the final white sword attack by Byakuya... that is still the coolest.[/spoiler] *takes some time to watch said part again*

And still reguarding the next episode. Not only am I sad that its going to take two weeks till I can see it but its mysterious..what happen in the building and...[spoiler] Did I just see the silouett of azien?!?!? how can that be I though he was dead![/spoiler]

anyways I cant wait and see ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest chobitslover90
um well i just started watching shows that just came from shonen jump
and thus far i have been thourouhgly dissapointed and this one seems afiliated with them in some way so is bleach good or bad ?

Assuming you're into this type of show, Bleach is definitely one of the best Shounen Jump manga --> anime adaptations around. So far it's had almost no filler. The production values are good at the beginning but get increasingly better throughout the show. It's directed by a veteran of shounen action series (Noriyuki Abe; previous works include Yu Yu Hakusho and Flame of Recca). It also sticks pretty tightly to the manga, so if you're more of a manga fan you shouldn't have any complaints.

I mean, it's not anything particularly deep or whatever. But in terms of how well it was adapted from the manga, it's right up there with Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go and Hunter x Hunter.

~Dagger~

Guest chobitslover90
[QUOTE=Dagger]Assuming you're into this type of show, Bleach is definitely one of the best Shounen Jump manga --> anime adaptations around. So far it's had almost no filler. The production values are good at the beginning but get increasingly better throughout the show. It's directed by a veteran of shounen action series (Noriyuki Abe; previous works include Yu Yu Hakusho and Flame of Recca). It also sticks pretty tightly to the manga, so if you're more of a manga fan you shouldn't have any complaints.

I mean, it's not anything particularly deep or whatever. But in terms of how well it was adapted from the manga, it's right up there with Yu Yu Hakusho, Hikaru no Go and Hunter x Hunter.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

So basically its no akira but it will quench my yu yu hakusho buzz huh well after i finish watching yu yu i will give it a look thanks dagger your a great help

Its a great anime trust me i havent been able to see episodes of the show yet but the manga is amazing. It has comedy,drama, violences,more comedy,ghost, and one chick with really big......well u know what i mean.i suggest u get it. You wont be disappointed. :animeknow

Episode 59 made my week I was so afraid they would [spoiler] switch back to another fight but they stayed with Ichigo almost the whole way I could not be happier. I too loved seeing the look on Byakuya's face when he thought Ichigo was finished and his hollow side came out and started laughing at how weak he was[/spoiler] this will definitely be one of all time best episodes in my eyes.

I am sated and ready to see what happens next episode hopefully we can see the conclusion to Yoruichi and Soi Fong's fight but I guess the old man and the four swords facing him would be nice as well. :animenose

I was originally reading the Bleach manga but just dropped that because of time constraints and the fact that rereading what I had already seen in the anime series was more tedious than it was fun.

Bleach itself is a fairly good anime. While it's not quite the masterpiece that some people portray it as it is a lot more worthy of its hype than Naruto.

As of late the series has really picked up, but what keeps me from giving the anime my full approval is the Dragonball Z-ish feel of the characters taking extreme pummelings only to get back up with some new and improved power to lay the smack down on their opponent...

Maybe the first few animes I saw back in the day left this weird impression on me, but for once I would like to see a character actually die...

And no I am not pyschotic, I'm just realistic. When characters get constantly beaten to near death and you expect them to die... But they don't... It's just very anticlimactic...

My only other complaint is a very minor one, as while i'm a big fan of the music in the series there was one point in the series in particular where I was getting fed up with the same ONE song played over and over again.

All those nuances aside Bleach is one of the few anime/manga that I would reccomend to anyone out there, regardless of age, gender, or genre interests.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Hittokiri Zero']My only other complaint is a very minor one, as while i'm a big fan of the music in the series there was one point in the series in particular where I was getting fed up with the same ONE song played over and over again.[/quote]
You're talking about the "Number One" vocal battle theme, right? I have to confess that I like it quite a bit, haha. Somehow it's just cheesy enough to work. I do wish they had something else that sounded a little more badass... Number One always comes in when the hero starts winning, but it'd be cool to have distinct vocal music geared toward general bloodiness & beat-downs.

Anyway. Episode 60: HOLY ****.

*hyperventilates*

Yeah, that was sweet. [spoiler]Aizen & Gin together make much, much better villains than Gin by himself. Even while watching the episode, I was saddened when I contemplated the fact that Aizen will have to lose eventually. He's so dialolical! So remorseless! The best part of it is that he looks ridiculously mild-mannered; it makes the evil facial expressions much more unsettling.

I guess I was totally wrong in assuming that Gin wouldn't enjoy being a follower. This new (well, for him it's old) role works very well for him, though. What startled me the most, though, was that the blind vice captain (?) is one of Aizen's cronies. I'd actually had an inkling that Aizen wasn't dead; it hadn't been spoiled outright for me, but I had accidentally read something that hinted at him being evil, so I couldn't help being suspicious. The others--even Kira--came as a surprise to me. (On that note, I want to see more of AmbiguouslyEvil!Kira. Or maybe I just want to [i]hear[/i] more of Takahiro Sakurai, heh.)[/spoiler]

This was rather cruel of me, but I was kind of... er, [spoiler]cheering on Hinamori's death. I never got to like her as a character. She was built around Aizen to such a great extent that it became annoying rather than sympathetic.[/spoiler] I've harped on that before, though, so I'll stop now. Moment of silence and all that.

It's pretty interesting to go through an entire episode without a glimpse of Ichigo (much less any of the other non-shinigami characters). I guess all that time the series spent building up the various shinigami paid off in a big way, although it made things seem kind of slow toward the beginning of this arc.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Oooo I must agree that episode really did show us how evil people in Soul Society can be. First of all I must say That the 10th division captain's[spoiler] Bankai was totaly awesome! It was like a dragon grew on his arm and all! I just dont get what exactly the ninja star looking things were for. If he would have just used those instead... and one more thing about his bankai was that for something that had crimson in its name..I didnt see alot of crimson execpt for his blood[/spoiler]

I just didnt know how just a three people could be so dangerous. They had the [spoiler]entirety of Soul Society confused all this time. Its just so unbelivable and all. However Is Azien's shikai is that strong... I shutter in fear what he bankai would be[/spoiler]

About Hinamori though. Even though she had the ability to shoot giant fireballs and all I didnt like her. I just...never liked her and when she did go I shightly laughed. It was just so Ironic that she [spoiler]was killed by the one person that she cared for. Another thing I do not get is that she died so easily[/spoiler]. Now If anyone has counted. Exactly how many times has Ichigo been impaled before? ... Exactly![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ichigo - looking at about 5 or 6 times now I think.

anyway a little bit about Hinamori that will probably be revealed in ep61 or 62 as well as the 10th squad captain, [spoiler]Neither of them actually died. They were just badly wounded similar to Renji in ep52-53. The Creators had something against killing some of the characters.[/spoiler]

I still have to watch the series past ep 53 but I have read to chapter 206.

Edit: Recently been searching for the full version of Ichirin no Hana (the new opening) and haven't had any luck. ANyone know where I might be able to find it?

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]If I had to give a total sum of what episode 61 was like..its that it shows just how evil someone can be...

[spoiler] Well I still can see that Azien isnt getting tired of walking past people, or just killing people without even stressing. Who knew that such a person existed in this world. I mean..he hasnt even broken a sweat even and he has sliced down four different people withough even thinking twice about it.

The one single part that I like about the whole episode was around the part when Ichigo and Renji were werking together to try and take down Azien. It was just hilarious though after Renji showed his apparently last resort kindof attack which looked pretty cool even though it was only with his Shikai. However, when all the dramatic music began to buld up and Ichigo went it for the attack!!!..... but then Azien blocked it with one finger...then grasped the sword which almost cut Ichigo into a half shingami...[/spoiler] that part made me laugh so hard that I actually cried..Seriously..I really did.

I never though that Urahara could do something so...crafty and evil at the same time. [spoiler] To make a device to turn hollows into Shinigamis and vice versa..its really amazing now that I think about it.
[/spoiler]
I have always been wondering this about bleach though. Since they are basicly spirits and all...When they die do they just come back to life...Like in their world, when you die you become a spirit. However what happens when a spirit dies..do they just...come back to life or something like that..?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][spoiler] ..... but then Azien blocked it with one finger...then grasped the sword which almost cut Ichigo into a half shingami...[/spoiler] that part made me laugh so hard that I actually cried..Seriously..I really did.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah, that was frigging awesome. I found certain parts of this episode kind of irritating, though, especially the fact that [spoiler]it made Hinamori's revival seem imminent. I really hope she just stays dead.[/spoiler] I also hope that [spoiler]Urahara[/spoiler] doesn't ever become an outright enemy, since I like him quite a bit, and it would cheapen him as a character (in my opinion, anyway). Right now he's morally ambiguous, but he still serves as a non-evil foil for [spoiler]Mayuri.[/spoiler] That's the way I see it.

Speaking of [spoiler]Mayuri[/spoiler]--I think his makeover was what shocked me most about episode 61. I mean, what the hell? [spoiler]He went all weird & bishounen! Where in earth did that blue hair come from?[/spoiler] The world may never know... :animestun

~Dagger~

[quote name='Ben Holiday]I wonder how long it will take Aizen and company to realize that [spoiler] the advanced hollow that Urahara created isn't in Rukia but in Ichigo and how they will react?[/spoiler'] It should be an interesting scene if my thoughts prove correct I can't wait to see the reactions.[/quote]

I'll say your wrong with this comment but I won't say anything else as that would mean giving away some of the biggest secrets of the show. You'll see what I mean when they reach the next major arc, but not till after a 22 episode filler arc. I can back up what I'm saying by the fact I've read all 208 currently translated chapters.

I'm really curious about how they'll transition to the filler arc. I've read that the 2005 Jump Festa Anime Tour Bleach OVA could almost be a kind of preview of the direction in which the filler arc will head. For the record, it appears to deal with [spoiler]the shinigami in the real world--which means high school, haha.[/spoiler] I attached two magazine scans with images from the OVA. Kubo Tite provided the design for the villain, but I don't know how much input he will have on the actual story.

The third attachment is an image that relates directly to the TV series filler arc. Despite what it shows, they want viewers to "wait and see" about whether shinigami will appear. I certainly hope so--one can only do so much with the real world characters. And I want more of Yumichika and Higashi, dammit. :animeswea

Lastly, a Bleach movie is scheduled for the end of next year, but no further details have emerged yet.

~Dagger~

I'd been pretty lax keeping up with Bleach, since I read the entire Soul Society arc in the manga, but I watched the last few episodes. And am rather glad I did. ^_^

I'm very pleased with how they handled Aizen's [spoiler]complete character 180. I guess they took that into account when they hired Shou Hayami, who also played Muraki in Yami no Matsuei (another uber-villain.)[/spoiler] One thing did strike me as kind of odd, though... [spoiler]it already did seem weird that Aizen could kick everyone's *** without so much as lifting a finger, but... the anime added some kind of Sailor Moon-esque transformation to go along with it? XD[/spoiler]

Also, to what Dagger said: [spoiler]I don't think they'd make Urahara into an outright villain, that would just... make him so uncomplicated. I agree that as of now, he's a morally ambiguous character; he's basically someone who works for his own gain, and if Ichigo and co. benefit from it, great! And if not, too bad. And he better stay that way, too... he's a refreshingly different character from the shounen mold.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=Dagger]The third attachment is an image that relates directly to the TV series filler arc. Despite what it shows, they want viewers to "wait and see" about whether shinigami will appear. I certainly hope so--one can only do so much with the real world characters. And I want more of Yumichika and Higashi, dammit. :animeswea

Lastly, a Bleach movie is scheduled for the end of next year, but no further details have emerged yet.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Actually that third attachment looks like it relates more to the third main arc from the manga which will be translated as the fourth arc of the anime. That is unless it's those characters in SS. This is because those 5 characters, along with Rukia
[spoiler]are the shinigami sent by soul society to help Ichigo deal with the arrancar and act as a scouting party for the strength of the crossbread hollow/shinigami created by Aizen.[/spoiler]

Oh and I heard the Bleach movie will be done by the people who did Naruto. At least the mangaka(author) writes for both the anime and manga.

[quote]Actually that third attachment looks like it relates more to the third main arc from the manga which will be translated as the fourth arc of the anime.[/quote]
I agree. Although I would've thought that was the 3rd arc.... O_o Isn't it?

I know I shouldn't be asking this but has there been any talk about Bleach coming to america yet? (I know ya'll would've posted it already if there was some form of talk about it, but it doesn't hurt to ask ^^ ) I don't have the time to download the anime. Takes too long.... (which is why I only download mangas)

[quote name='Sting']I agree. Although I would've thought that was the 3rd arc.... O_o Isn't it?[/quote]
There's going to be a filler arc first. Sorry for the confusion over the third attachment--apparently what it says does relate to the filler arc, but the image itself does not, which means that the image is essentially just a goodie for the fans. Which makes more sense.

As for Bleach in America, there's been no word yet. I [i]really[/i] hope FUNimation gets it, instead of Viz, but we'll have to wait and see...

~Dagger~