OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

Guest WingsOfAFairy
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta]My friend got me hooked on bleach. At first i thought it would be boring but it so cool! i really enjoyed it!I really like the intro and ending songs they are so awswaome![/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS]
And yes, I'm now firmly of the opinion that the filler, while not as bad as people say the Naruto stuff is, is still terrible in comparison with the show proper. I don't think I'm even going to bother watching anyore, until they get back to the manga storyline.
[/font][/QUOTE]
I guess the main pro of the Bleach filler is that it keeps the show at the front of people's minds... unless they get disinterested and take a break from it. The Hunter x Hunter treatment (waiting for each future arc of the manga to be completed, then animating it as an OVA; lather, rinse, repeat) has its benefits--the main one being the avoidance of filler--but I think HxH may have suffered from going into OVA mode. At least, it seems as if its budget in the Greed Island arc was cut somewhat, compared to the TV series.

On the other hand, I've heard that the Bleach filler isn't as visually appealing as the show proper, either.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]Er... Viz is the company behind Naruto.

And how can you judge Funi's treatment of Basilisk when it won't start coming out until August? :animestun

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I heard somewhere that Naruto was also licensed by Funi.

In terms of Basilisk though, I've seen the entire series and I read somewhere that Funi would be releasing it without the blood that made it such a good show.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wow, I didn't see that comming for a while actually. Here I though Bleach could have stood the tests of time and actually not be licensed by anyone. Yet it was inevitable and such... I was wondering though [spoiler]I don't know what other divisions have had previous captains, but is it possible that the captaint that Kenpachi had killed was Ichigo's father? That is one way to explain how he ended up in the human world. There are so many more loose ends to that theory though that I just don't wnat to go into detail of it right now.[/spoiler]

As for the bleach the filler I think just made me take a turn for the worse. I think the whole [spoiler]only sucking the soul out of a quincy[/spoiler] is really a kind of dull idea yet the manga only lives me on a more of a cliffhanger than ever.... I don't like cliff hangers.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446][quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][spoiler]I don't know what other divisions have had previous captains, but is it possible that the captaint that Kenpachi had killed was Ichigo's father? That is one way to explain how he ended up in the human world. There are so many more loose ends to that theory though that I just don't wnat to go into detail of it right now.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]Or [spoiler]he seceded the post to Aizen, who was vice-captain of the 5th division when Tousen was in it (which was a looong time before the story proper). That's probably why not a lot of Shinigami recognize the name "Kurosaki". Also, he seems like the type who'll fit right into the 5th division. ^^[/spoiler][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]OMG! The Bleach thread Lives once again.

And as [URL=http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002274955]this[/URL] article says that was posted by the oh so wonderful Dagger, Bleach should be ariing on Adult swim this fall. Atleast its better than being on toonami right?

[spoiler] Although, Remember people, when The Vixards change their form so to speak, they keep their hollow mask, and also that the Hollow can't go away completly, if that was to happen then where would the mask come from? Fairy dust?[/spoiler]

I wanna see the real episodes...[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]^ From the birth place of all things weird and unexplainable: [spoiler]Urahara Kisuke.

Alright, I was trolling. Remember that Ichi's mask stayed with him, tucked under his Shinigami robes, even when he was in Soul Society. Perhaps it never goes away. When you activate the Hollow, the mask just sort of teleports to the face.[/spoiler]

EDIT:
[SIZE=1][b]Episode 73[/b]:
[spoiler] It was good that them water Bountos are dead but 73 was a real talker. Roughly a fourth of it was spent on a single (dull) scene! And hrmm, it looks like the arc's gonna stretch beyond episode 80.

[1] They've got more Bountos to defeat
[2] A subplot about Maki-chan was added
[3] And it looks like the arc won't end 'til the lover's spat between Kayari and the girl ends.[/spoiler]

Dang. It won't be long 'til BLEACH becomes the new Naruto. You know, they should do a Yami no Matsuei and halt BLEACH anime 'til the Vaizard arc's finished.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey folks,

Because the Bleach Manga contains spoilers for those who only watch the Anime, members who didn't read the Manga had no place to discuss Bleach. Since Manga conversation should only be taking place in the Manga Lounge anyway, I split the Bleach Thread into Anime and Manga.

If you wish to discuss Bleach [B]Anime[/B], you can continue to do so in the thread you are currently viewing.
If you wish to discuss Bleach [b]Manga[/b], [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=52859]please {click here} and feel free to continue the discussion in the Manga Lounge[/url]. (This may change in the near future if there is already a Bleach Thread in Manga Lounge).

If any posts fell slipped through as I seperated the threads, or if any members post in the wrong forum, please use the "Report Post" feature to contact the moderators of the respective forums.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.
Happy posting.

-Arvi

Since hearing about Bleach coming to AS, I've been wondering who the voice cast is going to be. Me and Stark have been talking about who we would like to hear for these roles, but it's really only our personaly preference. Does anyone have know the voice cast for the english dub, or is still unknown. That's one of my chief concerns at this point.

It's still unknown at the moment.

I've also been wondering who could play who and frankly, I've only managed to think of 2 people. David Kaye, (I think that's name) the guy who voiced as Sesshoumaru in Inuyasha, could play the role of Byakuya. They seem very much alike. Now I haven't seen the anime yet so I wouldn't know how his original voice is suppose to be, so I'm just merely going by personality or comparison.

And the one and only Steve Blum (Spike - Cowboy Bebop) could be Renji. He seems to have that bad boy persona down to the bone. The rest has been pretty tough matching up.

Just watched Episode 75 - 76 and I must say that it appears the fillers may be coming close to a finish. AT least the Bountou section, not so sure about this thing with the introduction of Ichinose Maki and how far they are going to take that.

My friend told me that Bleach is a great anime but from the cover iv'e seen on the manga, is it really that good? :animedepr

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Kenataro[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Bleach thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Indigo][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Indigo][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . Also please take a moment to review the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][COLOR=Indigo][B]Rules[/B][/COLOR][/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?][COLOR=Indigo][B]FAQ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] before creating a thread or posting again.

Also If you wish to discuss Bleach [B]Anime[/B], you can continue to do so in the thread you are currently viewing.
If you wish to discuss Bleach [b]Manga[/b], [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=52859][COLOR=Indigo]please {[B]click here[/B]} and feel free to continue the discussion in the Manga Lounge[/COLOR][/url].
If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

I do assure it gets better as the story moves on. It makes a serious 180 and becomes something completely different around the 6th manga volume or the 20th episode of the anime. Getting to learn more about the soul reapers or Death Gods or for the more picky Shinigami, is actually very interesting. It's a very new kinda look at the after life.

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Meggido][/font']I must say that it appears the fillers may be coming close to a finish.[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] The new opening sequence suggests otherwise. It has the three Mod Souls prominently featured (and if they end up carrying over when it returns to canon material I shall be VERY ANGRY!) along with a raft of other villains that I don't think have been introduced yet, and which definitely aren't from the manga. No sign of any of the baddies from the next manga arc in the new OP, so the fillers are in for the long haul, I reckon.

I like the new song, though. It's harking back to *Asterisk, the first OP theme, which I really liked. D-Tecnolife and Ichirin no Hana had a very dark, moody edge to them, and one of the things I like about Bleach is that it doesn't get overly bogged down in moodiness. I think *Asterisk and the new theme reflect the light-heartedness the series is capable of.
[/font]

I admit i knew very little about this series before i read a few plot summaries. I'm still deciding whether or not i should get into this one. I like taking each anime series from beggining to end 1 after another most of the time, once i get the boxset for fullmetal panic that will be my 10th series i believe once i finish it (which im sure i will because i've seen the first few episodes, and they got me interested).

I realize that i could probably easily piece this together from multiple posts in this thread, but in an attempt to save myself the time and possibly rely on the good natured will to help from the members here (as well as avoiding any possible spoilers) i want to ask what this anime offers in terms of methods of captivating my attention. It seems like an "action-packed" anime but to what calibur i wonder, and what of the storyline and characters themselves? Any input is appreciated.

[QUOTE=BKstyles]
It seems like an "action-packed" anime but to what calibur i wonder, and what of the storyline and characters themselves? Any input is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's basically a shounen action series, so whatever twists the storyline may take, ultimately they're geared toward producing bigger battles... complete with training sequences, lesser fights and obvious boss fights, weapon upgrades and so forth. If you're at all familiar with Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, One Piece, Inuyasha, et al, you probably have a decent idea about the format. The animation ranges from adequate to excellent, the characters are pretty memorable (despite the staggering size of the cast), and overall it's very well done, taking the genre into consideration.

It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread (or FMA, for that matter), and it's not exactly profound. But it [i]is[/i] more fun to watch than most series of its type, at least for the first 60 episodes or so.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Meggido']Just watched Episode 75 - 76 and I must say that it appears the fillers may be coming close to a finish. AT least the Bountou section, not so sure about this thing with the introduction of Ichinose Maki and how far they are going to take that.[/quote]

Is it coming to a finish ? I was told that it had been licensed and is no longer able to be downloaded or something. This really makes me curious about it all! :animeknow

[font=Trebuchet MS]Meggido was hoping (in vain) that the [b]filler episodes[/b] were finishing, not the whole series. The fillers are original episodes not based on Kubo Tite's manga, and are disappointing compared to the rest of the series. Bleach as a whole will continue for a long time yet, methinks.[/font]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]^To answer your question, I really don't think its doing any better than it is doing in the manga...well probaly a little bit better.

However when the giant [spoiler]war gets to be shown in the anime, all hell is going to break loose.[/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i finally started watching the series and i'm absolutely suprised at how much better it is turning out to be than i thought it would. So far i've seen up to episode 26. The way the main theme and story is moves a long with the details in between is great and the action is awesome, not better then say Naruto but i very much like the fights between [spoiler]the deathgods, seeing the different types of soul slayers at work.[/spoiler] Gotta say so far my favorite soul slayer is Zabimaru.

Characters are great, i've mentioned before that it is rare that in an anime the main character is one of my favorites in the series. Now along side Ed from FMA and Vash from Trigun is Ichigo from Bleach, he is a great main character. For some reason i am also very partial to Rukia, out of all the females so far her personality is the only one that really appeals to me and her role and character are much deeper then the others (from what ive seen so far anyway). Ishida is a cool character too, his couple of episodes with Ichigo were great to convey his personality type. Though i'd take a soul slayer over his power anyway, i've always been partial to the cocky intellegent character types.

With as many episodes as the series has though, i'm dreading an eventual decrease in quality. Kind of what Naruto hit around the 140s. Hopefully it won't be for a while (or maybe not even at all).

[color=dimgray][size=1]

Invading this thread for a moment. I've never watched this show but I've read a bit of the manga. But I think it's awesome that [b][adult swim][/b] is going to be putting it on the air in September. Three cheers.[/color][/size]

I'm kinda neutral about the whole coming to Adult Swim thing right now. I'm curious to see how the dubbing job goes, but I'm not holding my breath. All I want from it right now is for the filler episodes to come to and end soon. I get the feeling that there are probably about ten or twelve episodes left in it, but I think it'll be done soon. Or maybe it's more like hoping, which ever.

I like it so far, in both the anime and manga. The battle sequences are always fun to watch. The fine artwork for the series contributes to this fact. I can't wait to see more of the series, but I still worry about how the dubbing might go. I've seen some pretty good anime get butcherd through poor dubbing.