OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

Earlier tonight, I managed to catch episode 41 on TV (which--ads and all--is a vastly superior experience to watching it on one's computer, I can assure you). Unfortunately there's a fairly sizeable gap between that and whichever episode I watched last, but Bleach isn't exactly a super-complicated show, so I managed to figure out what was going on. More or less.

I love Noriyuki Abe. He has such a great sense for what works and what doesn't, when it comes to this kind of show--that's why Yu Yu Hakusho is so amazing, and that's why Bleach just keeps getting better and better as it goes along. Episode 41 reminded me of this because it contained several of the striking, well-animated set piece scenes that really help set this show apart. I'm sure this owes a lot to the visual composition and panel layout of the manga, but I think Bleach's director also deserves some serious credit.

I can't wait to get home and catch up on what I missed. Also, (major spoiler for episode 41) [spoiler]that Yoruichi-san is one fine-looking woman.[/spoiler] :animesmil

----------------

EDIT: Okay, I [i]know[/i] I'm not the only person out here watching this show. And if the incredibly, ridiculously kick-*** battle in episode 44 (Ishida~! Ishida~!) doesn't get all you lurker fans to post, nothing will. The animation was appropriately awesome, and Ishida royally [spoiler]owned. There were some surprising romantic vibes between him and Nemu, too.[/spoiler] It's too bad that [spoiler]his sacrifice will inevitably lose some of its meaning & weight, since Bleach being the type of show which it is, he's going to get his Quincy powers back somehow.[/spoiler]

What on earth was with Mayuri's sword's [spoiler]second stage of release?[/spoiler] I hope Ichigo's, at least, doesn't turn into a [spoiler]colossal caterpillar-baby hybrid.[/spoiler] :animeswea

~Dagger~

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes dagger dont worry you arnt the only maujor bleach head around here and the manga is already 190 and ((if you are amaijor bleach fan you will hate me for saying this!!!) [spoiler]they do get to save rukia. Iichigos bankai turns out to be one that handles superspeed but his sword shrinks down to regular sized sword but its jet black also. He also has one final bankai fight in which bakura(sp?) has some real wierd special ability he knows that only the kuchiki family knows. And finally ichigos inner hollow starts to take over in his final fight with bakryua. Thats all im going to say for now but in the next adventure it turns out that some hollows are finding out ways to become shinigami[/spoiler]

But hey what can i say bleach is one really good manga and anime that cant be put down even for one second for me. Also, regarding ishidas "problem" [spoiler] i said i wasnt going to do this but it turns out ichigos father is a shinigami and there is some why for ishida to get his quincy powers back, but his father said that he can never associate with shinigami again is he gets them back.[/spoiler] There are so many things happening right now that it is literally making my head burst at the seems waiting for the next chapter to be released. There is one certain episode that I myself am personaly waiting fo to come out because i know that, that one episode will be the one greatest episode of bleach that will be ever made!

and your not alone maryuris sword...its also kinda freaked my out when i first saw it. but ichigos sword when he get its there...if you want i can give you a pic of it but it doesnt look like alot..but it kicks maijor A**

GO BLEACH FOREVER!!!.

Heh I was waiting for someone else to bump Bleach, I didn't want it to look like I was the only one that bumped it, so thank you Dagger.

Yeah the Ishida fight was great and Capt 12's Bankai was interesting. His Bankai was like the next level of his first transformation so it makes me wonder if the other swords follow the same lines.

[spoiler]
I'm really curious if Kenpachi really did die in his battle with Ichigo. If he survives and somehow gets the name of his sword he could be pretty friggin' strong with a transformation and a Bankai.

Really what the heck with the cat? It's a Woman?! Since she's the shopkeeper's best friend, I wonder what their relationship is.

There's a lot of questions in my head like the Hollow mask that keeps showing up to save Ichigo, it looks like they just form on his body to save him. There's also that White version of himself that says it'll take Ichigo's power someday. I also really wanna see Rukia with her powers, what kind of sword transformation could she have? And what of the guy they met on episodes 8 and 9, where's that death god?

My damn buddy showed me a picture of Ichigo's Bankai, I'll take my revenge someday...
[/spoiler]

A last thought, with the Kidohs that Death Gods can use how come Rukia's the only one that ever casts them? Sword fights are great,but why have spells if they aren't gonna use em?

I've recently watched up to episode 35 and still loving it. Also bought the first 2 mangas to see what has changed. I'm a major Rukia fan as well.

What I'd like to see is the 3rd squad captain and that kid captain (I'm hopeless with names) fight it out. That would be so awesome. I hate the 3rd squad captain and want this see someone wipe that annoying smile off his face.

[quote name='Noside][spoiler']Really what the heck with the cat? It's a Woman?! Since she's the shopkeeper's best friend, I wonder what their relationship is.[/spoiler][/quote]
I would totally love to see some kind of romantic relationship between [spoiler]Urahara and Yoruichi. She's all about kicking *** and taking names (while staying cool & composed, of course), and he's all about kicking *** and taking names in the slickest, snarkiest way possible. Actually, scratch that--I'd be thrilled simply to watch them fight it out, haha. I'm just glad in general that Yoruichi came along because although I like Inoue, she isn't exactly up to the level of the rest of the party, as so many characters have commented.[/spoiler]

[quote]A last thought, with the Kidohs that Death Gods can use how come Rukia's the only one that ever casts them? Sword fights are great,but why have spells if they aren't gonna use em?[/QUOTE]
It's been such a long time since she was shown using any spells that I can't even remember what they did for her, haha. :animeswea

~Dagger~

Well my favorite captain Hitsugaya Taishou (the kid captain), has one of THE BEST shiki(sp?) and bankai that i have even seen.[spoiler] his shiki(sp?) is cool because it calls out a giant dragon of wind and ice. His bankai is even better, as it freezes the entire battle area into ice and thats all i can remember that his banki can actually do ^.^[/spoiler].

Although this may just be my memory but i dont remember them using any of ther demon arts magic for a wile now. If there was so many of them then why is it that none of the captains or vice-captains use them. I mean whats the purpose of them.

But there is one thing that i am wondering right now about my third favorite captain after bakurya whichs is none other that Zakara Kempachi [spoiler] Since he is that strong and is the only captain that doesnt know his sword's name. After what happened later on it seems like he may know what the name of his sword is O.o. IF he was that stong when it was normal...how strong can he be now?![/spoiler]

None the less i cant wait to see all the exciting things that have happened in the manga start up in the anime!

• 2 weeks later...
Just watched episode 46. It was kind of frustrating that the [i]entire[/i] half-hour consisted of a Hinamori flashback, but I can live with that as long as a lot of progress is made in episode 47, haha. And it is admittedly nice that Bleach lavishes so much attention on its secondary characters.

More than anything, this episode was interesting for how it hinted at the power of and relationships between some of the shinigami. [spoiler]Hitsugaya must be incredibly strong, given that he leapfrogged past a lot of the older candidates (in becoming a captain, I mean) who began training long before he ever entered school. And I really like Hisagi's character design, so it was neat to learn a little more about him.[/spoiler]

I hadn't realized that [spoiler]Ichimaru[/spoiler] became a captain so recently. He definitely doesn't seem like the type to enjoy being a lieutenant (playing second fiddle, so to speak).

~Dagger~

Episode 46: [spoiler]
I was surprised to see he was Aizen's Liu. The fact they knew eachother that well, makes the present more interesting. The fact the kid captain wasn't even in school yet shows what kind of Genius he is. Since he has Bankai I'm guessing he started right away since it takes 10 years. The episode was great background, since it showed how the three got close and brought out more questions. Finally got to see a new Kidoh too, and it was combined.
[/spoiler]

I've got plenty of questions in my head like:

[spoiler]

A couple episodes back there was a shot of the kid's Liu. and the smiley guy together when they were young. That makes me curious about future episodes with interaction between the two.

If 12th Capt's Bankai is any indiction of how the swords work. I wonder what Smiley's is, since his streaches out. Super streachy? Same with Byakuya since his seem to be Petals. More Petals?

[/spoiler]

Also Curious how many episodes are gonna be shown before they take a season break. It's been nearly a year since it started and I don't want it to stop of course.

Only time will tell...

Long-running anime rarely take real season breaks. I wouldn't expect Bleach to go off the air anytime soon... unless for some reason it ends after the current arc.

Episode 47:

[spoiler]Wow, this one was all over the place, haha. It almost went into an Agatha Christie-like whodunit for a bit (which I wouldn't have minded, as I've stated in previous posts--it's more interesting when the killer/mastermind is someone totally unexpected).

I would definitely love to have a half-episode or so of Yoruichi & Urahara flashbacks, since it seems like they must have had a very interesting past, but I suspect we won't see anything along those lines for a while... unless Urahara's fall from grace directly ties into Ichimaru's rise to power.

What I'm hoping now is that Ichimaru will turn out to have some kind of really strong motivation to destroy Soul Society; I'm a little tired of villains who are just after it for the power or because they're bloodthirsty. It would be nice if it were some sort of revenge thing.[/spoiler]

Refresh my memory... is this going to be the show's first [spoiler]captain versus captain[/spoiler] fight?

~Dagger~

Guest Ichimaru Gin
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Hi, I'm new here. Not used to this forum format. So, if I do anything wrong, please guide me, okay?

I don't read the Bleach mangas. But has anyone seen Ichimaru's Ban Kai yet?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Well hopefully we will finally find out the reason in the next episode or two that is if they don't do another flashback episode it has been a good series so far hopefully it doesn't turn into just another basic fighting show. As I have my favorite in that area all ready and have no use for another it would be better to end the series at the current spot then turn it into a everyone come challenge Ichigo bit. Though they have kept the storyline pretty good so I have no reason to think that just a personal nightmare I guess, heh.

I am wondering how long it will take Rukia being outside the prison for her powers to return? Since they have been free a while now and how much more powerfull they will be since they were mixed with some of Ichigo's lesser power.

-Edit-

Ah a double episode quite good too by the middle to end of the next episode I bet Ichigo will finish training or give up on it and head to save Rukia time is begining to run out now. :animedepr

[spoiler]The fight between Renji and Captain Kuchiki was good I wished it had lasted a little longer but Byakuya seemed in a hurry to end it before heading on to the execution seeing Renji's swords final transformation was well worth it. Though I am a bit surprised that he was left alive in the series I truly expected this to be his finale at the end of the fight and that makes me wonder if Kuchiki Byakuya has anything to do with the current situation or if he is just following rules? :animestun I really thought he was one of the more serious bad guys but that's the third time he has fought and left his opponet alive. [/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got around to seeing the double episode.

[b]Ben Holiday[/b], I think [spoiler]Byakuya left Renji alive because he was so impressed by Renji's determination (speaking of which, I loved how they cut between Ichigo and Renji in that one scene toward the very end of the fight). I believe the scarf/shawl he left with Renji is immensely valuable, so that's another sign of respect. As for Ganju, it's possible that it's just normal procedure to not kill opponents in situations like that, since they might have needed to question him or something. I'm not sure.[/spoiler]

Of course, I do feel that [spoiler]Byakuya isn't as much of a bad guy as his attitude would make him seem. He just has no sense of humor and pretty much no personality, haha.[/spoiler] But I have to give him props for having a [i]magnificent[/i] bankai.

I really, really want to see more of the fight between [spoiler]Higashi & Yumichika.[/spoiler] They're two of my favorite supporting shinigami. [spoiler]Yumichika[/spoiler] in particular has become so much more tolerable in recent episodes--I think Ganju just brought out the worst in him. And [spoiler]Higashi[/spoiler] just seems like a cool guy. Plus I love the whole amiable banter thing they have going on. It's nice to see that [spoiler]Yumichika[/spoiler] isn't all talk and no action.

Also, thumbs up for the new OP & ED (the latter is vastly superior to "Happy People").

~Dagger~

I've only seen up to episode 35 so I'm pretty much no where in the series. Mind you have been able to get my hands on chapters 1 - 195 of the manga off the internet so I'm way ahead of the series. All I'm gonna say is you're in for a hell of a lot of surprises. I mean that it surprised me heaps and I can usually gues things that are going to happen. I've also started to read into the third tangent of the series (when they get back to earth) and there are a lot more surprises as well.

Oh and Dagger your comment on [spoiler]Captain Kuchiki is pretty much spot on as will be shown near the end of the soul society tangent.[/spoiler]

ANyone who may want more info on what I'm talking about, PM me, but I'm not big on giving away secrets.

Aye I have a friend who reads the manga and watches the anime, he says things are pretty much 95% the same. So I bet that spoiler of your's is dangerous water to tred.

Bleach was originally slated to be 52 episodes and a movie, so I'm curious how far back it was when the powers in charge asked for more episodes. It had to be far back, because it changed the plans of the people making Bleach and thus allowing them to streatch things out.

Now to talk about 52-53:[spoiler]
Renji's Bankai is pretty cool, but Byakuya's just had to be cooler. Renji was Byakuya's Liu. after all and he constantly surprised Byakuya with his determination and skill in this fight. Byakuya was pretty sure Ichigo was gonna die, he horribly wounded Genji because he was a brother of the 13th squad's Liu., and he left Renji to bleed to death because who wants to finish off a guy that determined? I'm also thinking Byakuya's just a man of duty, he doesn't wanna see Rukia die either,but it's his job. Atleast that's what I'm thinkin'.

Renji and Ichigo with the same determination was kinda cool,but I was a little annoyed. I thought it was cool Renji became as determined as Ichigo gets,but it reminded me of Scryed with the Hero and his rival being nearly the same person.

Kenpachi's a demon, that man is such a bad *** fighting machine. While he was fighting Capt. Tousen I figured he was using his body to know out where the Capt. was. Kenpachi grabbing Tousen's sword made him double bad ***, Kenpachi's excitement at the sight of Komamura's Bankai made him triple bad ***,heh. Nice things revealed, he straight up killed the 11th captain and became Capt. and Capt. Komamura's an Animal, that explains the animal in the opener. I really wanna see the Kenpachi's 3rd and 5th seat fight the Lius, I'm really curious about what the 5th seat's been holding back. Too bad Yachiru's not fighting, I'm curious about her power, if she's Kenpachi's Liu. she has got to be really really strong. One things for sure, the soul society's lucky Kenpachi doesn't listen to his sword or have a bankai.

Damn Gin's a jerk, he got Rukia's hopes up and destroyed her resolve, damn that's mean. I think he's just going along for the ride and having as much fun as possible.

As far as the execution goes, I'll make a theory about the 1st Capt. He's letting things speed up like this and he's the one that has to do the rite, so I'm guessing Rukia's an excuse for him to get the power. If anyone wants to talk about this theory go ahead, just don't do spoilers those of you who have seen the manga, I'll be too tempted to look,heh.

Edit:1 last thought:Kenpachi mentioned that 4 on 1 wasn't enough for a test cut in ep 51, is that a hint he can hear his sword? I hope it is!
[/spoiler]

The sword fights were indeed awesome and pretty damn cool. Can't wait for next week already.

Okay, I'm going to officially nominate #54 for the best Bleach episode ever.

Ichigo was SO COOL in this episode. He's almost hit a Yusuke level of coolness, as far as I'm concerned (the big sword definitely gives him a boost in that regard, haha). I was a little disconcerted by how [spoiler]he suddenly appeared without any explanation about when he reached bankai, but I figure they did that so as not to spoil his bankai's appearance ahead of time. Hopefully I'm right in assuming that there'll be a flashback or something in future episodes, just to show what happened toward the very end of his training.[/spoiler]

I also found Rukia's monologue in the beginning to be rather powerful.

My favorite part was when Ichigo [spoiler]casually disabled all the vice-captains without so much as batting an eye.[/spoiler] Plus, it genuinely shocked me to see [spoiler]Byakuya run up and actually attack him--that's out of character for both of them (albeit in a good way). Normally Ichigo would be the one to take the initiative, and Byakuya would sit back and cool his heels until he felt it was absolutely necessary to act. Leaping out like that made him seem almost panicky, which was a welcome change.[/spoiler]

It took us a while to get here, but now it's all happening so fast. :animesmil

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]Okay, I'm going to officially nominate #54 for the best Bleach episode ever.

Ichigo was SO COOL in this episode. He's almost hit a Yusuke level of coolness, as far as I'm concerned (the big sword definitely gives him a boost in that regard, haha). I was a little disconcerted by how [spoiler]he suddenly appeared without any explanation about when he reached bankai, but I figure they did that so as not to spoil his bankai's appearance ahead of time. Hopefully I'm right in assuming that there'll be a flashback or something in future episodes, just to show what happened toward the very end of his training.[/spoiler]

I also found Rukia's monologue in the beginning to be rather powerful.

My favorite part was when Ichigo [spoiler]casually disabled all the vice-captains without so much as batting an eye.[/spoiler] Plus, it genuinely shocked me to see [spoiler]Byakuya run up and actually attack him--that's out of character for both of them (albeit in a good way). Normally Ichigo would be the one to take the initiative, and Byakuya would sit back and cool his heels until he felt it was absolutely necessary to act. Leaping out like that made him seem almost panicky, which was a welcome change.[/spoiler]

It took us a while to get here, but now it's all happening so fast. :animesmil

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Not really a spoiler, but if you think it is put spoiler tags on it plz.

If the show goes anything like the manga there will be no flashback to how Ichigo recieves his sword's final form.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][QUOTE=Meggido]Not really a spoiler, but if you think it is put spoiler tags on it plz.

If the show goes anything like the manga there will be no flashback to how Ichigo recieves his sword's final form.[/QUOTE]

I do have to admit that if the show truly follows the manga and I am sure it will. Its going to end and I bet that it will do this. Its going to end right after he shows his bankai. Just to make everyone else so anxious just to see next weeks episode. I have already watched this weeks one atleast..five times. If I am not on my sixth one right now. Ichigo's growth has been almost admirable however. AS afore mentioned by eairler on. [spoiler]Intead of being his old self and charging straight into the battle without a single hesitation. He did his vice captain fight all by his own kind of tactics.[/spoiler]

However..There was a certain question that I had raised in the middle of the show.
[spoiler]When Ichigo Stopped the sokoyutsu(sp?) It is said that it could never be done is that not right? If that is true then shouldent he be able to literally defeat all the captains without even getting a scratch on himself in the process?[/spoiler] It just seems more reasonable to me though..Even though the next couple of episodes...will have your head exploding with enjoyment I promise

[spoiler] Go Tensa Zangetsu![/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Episode 55: Also awesome.

Yeah, I guess [spoiler]they aren't going to show how Ichigo reached bankai.[/spoiler] Well, I won't shed any tears over it--no matter how they handled it, it would probably have had a negative effect on the pacing. Meh.

Speaking of [spoiler]bankai--is the fourth squad captain's bankai completely bizarre, or what?[/spoiler]

Color me shocked that so little attention is being paid to [spoiler]Ichigo's fight with Byakuya.[/spoiler] I suppose they'll have a big rematch later or something, but it's surprising nevertheless. Even so, it makes sense that the writers have to focus on the big dogs now--more specifically, THE big dog. I don't really know what to make of Genryuusai; he's like an unlikeable Gandalf. Plus it's just weird [spoiler]to see an elderly gentleman do the whole DBZ power-up thing.[/spoiler]

As for the other new battle: I sincerely hope that [spoiler]Yoruichi[/spoiler] ******* owns Soi Fong. I like [i]Byakuya[/i] more than Soi Fong, and that's saying something.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Meh after much work on my stupid school stuff I am finally able to watch the new bleach :animesigh

I was impressed even though I wanted to see the anime version of Ichigo's bankai...After refrenceing back to the manga depending on how the anime goes its going to be a good couple of weeks before anyone gets to see it..Aww darn.

[spoiler]About the 4th division captains...Manta Ray looking thingy...I dont think its her bankai...No offence that I may add but wouldent it seem kind of odd for them to show the Bankai instead of Shikai?[/spoiler] Although when they were in the...Things mouth..How did they breathe?

I know I am forcefull but the one fight that I REALLY want to see finished...if it ever does get finished is that bewteen Zaraki Kenpachi...and the...other guy with the most. "intresting" face.

I remember when Genryuusai first did his little...trick I was saying[spoiler]What the hell! They lit him on fire thats just evil..He's a freaking old guy! Respect your elders![/spoiler] Then all of the other stuff happened. I do have to admit that was cool

I did and was glad to see a more Responsible side of the 8th division captain in the ep though. He wasnt the womenizer that I think he tends to be[spoiler] Just like the one he was like as a kid[/spoiler]. The next episode better have make me doing backflips in my bed however.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I just finally got a new router up this week having no internet is sucky but I finally got caught up on the last two episodes and I'm now eagerly awaiting the next installment. I as well thought of the DB series when the old master powered up just a touch too much of master Roshi there like when he puts out fire mountain but that's just my opinion. :catgirl:

I too am sad that so little attention was paid to Ichigo and Byakuya fighting but am hoping there is a good reason for it.

-Edit-
Hmmm... I just watched 56 and while it was good [spoiler]it did avoid both the main fights still plus it still didn't finish any of the other fights at all which is a downer I hope we get a little tid bit next episode of what the heck is going on with Ichigo's fight.[/spoiler] The one upside is we were able to see [spoiler]both double sets of sould swords at once[/spoiler] too bad we didn't get to see them do anything though.

And it definitely looks like[spoiler] Yoruichi is about to show Soi Fong what real skill is like.[/spoiler] I can't wait to see this if nothing else hopefully this fight has a conlcusion next episode.

Heh. It's becoming pretty evident how they're slowing down to accomodate the manga. Personally I'd prefer it if they plumped up the really important fights and kept the lesser ones moving along a little more snappily, but oh well. I was very pleased, needless to say, that episode 56 ended with [spoiler]Yoruichi about to totally school Soi Fong.[/spoiler] The former is my favorite female character in the show, I think.

This was mostly a setting-up episode, anyway. It's kind of frustrating to have a double cliffhanger--having them stop in the middle of not one, but two fights, I mean. I loved the Yumichika & Zenpachi & Higashi cameos, though. I'm really interested in learning about how Yumichika's Zanpakuto works.

[quote name='Ben Holiday']I too am sad that so little attention was paid to Ichigo and Byakuya fighting but am hoping there is a good reason for it.[/quote]
Seems that their battle will receive more of an in-depth focus in the next episode, if the preview is anything to go by.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I must admit that 56 was pretty good. I was always wondering how exactly ukatakis (sp) sword was released. [spoiler]Who thought that it actually split off into two different ones! not me I can tell you that much.[/spoiler] Well it was still a good episode when soi and yourichi started throwing down. Even though [spoiler]it did start to look like Soi was winning at first. We all knew that Yourichi was going to come back with some kind of ultimate move. However I was questioning the shunko ability. Unless Soi's is a little different from the one yourichi uses. Why was her spirit power a little more foggy, while Yourichi's was more electrical and brighter.[/spoiler]

Also...I know I can hear this ringing in the back of my head. [spoiler]I know I can just hear Ichigo's bankai comming! I mean at the end hearing Zangetsu's voice saying or atleast in my translation" Then I'll do it." how can you not deny that! its so mysterious and forshadowing that it trying to tell us something right.[/spoiler]

Well all I can say is that I can't wait to see the next episode. If it isnt one of the best to come. Then I will be so very sad.

As a side note does anyone else know about the rumored bleach movie that is in the works?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I was a bit surprised about how the fight between Soi Fong and Yoruichi [spoiler]ended I expected a lot more violence but now they've shown the rivalry for what it's for.[/spoiler] But I was more then happy to finally see a bit of what was going on with Ichigo's fight hopefully even more will be shown next episode as this one just felt too short though I loved every minute of it. :animenose

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]To me this episode was just one big T-E-A-S-E-R! For the episode that is about to follow it. I mean...Atleast we got to finally see that[spoiler] Zangetsu isnt just some big as hell sword that just has cuts alot of stuff. You actually find out his ability for once![/spoiler] that atleast temporaly relieved me of the shortness of Ichigo's bankai that bleach has been providing for me. I must see the next episode..or perish....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Darn it, now I actually kind of like Soi Fong. All this flip-flopping of mine is starting to get on my nerves, haha. But I guess that's a hallmark of the show's quality.

Episode 57 flew by, particularly in comparison to 56. There was a lot going on in the dialogue between Ichigo and Byakuya, and it was fun trying to figure it all out--i.e., was Ichigo deliberately trying to throw Byakuya off-balance or psyche him out, or was he just back to his usual arrogant self? Did Byakuya let Ichigo get to him, or was he only playing into that perception? I actually think he was seriously peeved--not necessarily because Ichigo's words rang uncomfortably true, or anything like that... just because Ichigo was being tediously cocky. On the other hand, even Byakuya has to be a little disturbed by Ichigo's immense improvement.

I must say, some of the flashback scenes were quite yuri-rific. Little Soi Fong could have been plucked right out of Maria-sama ga Miteru. :animesmil

As for [spoiler]Zangetsu's ability,[/spoiler] it reminds me weirdly of [spoiler]Yusuke's spirit gun.[/spoiler] But I guess we already know that Noriyuki Abe is good at directing those kinds of effects.

~Dagger~