OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

i just watched episode 10 and i thought it was actually pretty good too. Although there was a really good chapter focusing on kon that takes place after the whole grand fisher story that was completely left out of the anime, so im kind of bummed out about that. and to straighten things out, in the original japanese manga its pronounced "Bo-hahaha" not "Bwahaha" as lunar put it, that kind of annoyed me.

As for Don Kanonji. His character was spot-on from the manga, even the voicing was exactly how i would have expected it so that was really nice. but as for what you were saying dagger [spoiler] Don Kanonji actually does not appear again in the series except for one very small part, which will probably be left out of the anime since it appears they are jumping straight into Ishida's chapter. [/spoiler]

Im really getting psyched about the next episode though since Ishida is finally going to show up, i just hope his character is done right because he happens to be my favorite character in the series (if you havent noticed by now).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be able to watch episodes 11 and 12 all at once... if only I weren't heading down to New Jersey for the weekend. Ah, well. The wait will be worth it, I hope.

The seiyuu taking on the role of Ishida is the same guy who plays Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto, which is sort of interesting. Sasuke must have been his breakout role, as he doesn't seem to have played large parts in many other anime.

~Dagger~

Episode 11 and episode 12 were interesting--and, perhaps unsurprisingly, both of them ended on big cliffhangers. I'm having trouble getting a handle on Ishida. [spoiler]He has a real chip on his shoulder, obviously, but summoning all those Hollows just seemed foolhardy--very unlike the kind of guy who would snag the number one place in the school exams. Speaking of which, that scene was great. I almost expected Rukia to be the one on top, heh. It was surprising--pleasantly so--to see both Ichigo and Chad getting good grades. Little things like that really help distinguish Ichigo and co. from the cast of Yu Yu Hakusho.

Of course, I thought Ichigo's approach to the situation also left a lot to be desired. He let Ishida take advantage of him (and, in fact, Ishida had no difficulty making him look like a complete doofus). He should have just walked away or made some comment about Hollows being their common enemy. I feel justified in expecting that kind of maturity from him as a character, because despite outward appearances, he's a lot more grown-up than most shounen heroes.[/spoiler]

Some other scenes I especially liked were Chad's flashback and the rock-paper-scissors match between Urahara's kid workers.

[quote name='pbfrontmanvdp']Well even though its totally not relevent to the topic, which part of New Jersey did you visit? I live right next to Great Adventure (Ocean County in Jackson) so where you next to that place at all?[/quote]

I used to live in Montclair, which is pretty close to New York City. We go back there every year to meet with old friends and so forth. ^_^

~Dagger~

I really liked episodes 11 & 12. they seemed to stay very true to the manga and i think Ishida's character was pulled off pretty well. I also thought [spoiler] the scene with Chad and his fight with the hollow was spectacular, it helped give a much deeper look into his character and it just looked really cool :D [/spoiler]

[quote name='Dagger IX1] I'm having trouble getting a handle on Ishida. [spoiler]He has a real chip on his shoulder, obviously.[/spoiler'] [/quote]

I agree that at first Ishida appears to be just a pompus ***, but the reasoning behind his actions will be revealed soon and his character develops really well as the series goes on.

• 1 month later...
EDIT: The latest episodes have been so incredible that I just [i]had[/i] to bump the thread. My old comments are beneath the line break.

This new arc is just absurdly good. I watched episodes 17 through 19 in one sitting, and I was absolutely blown away by how fast-paced and exciting they were. The imagery in episode 19 is nothing short of stunning, and the animation seems to be getting steadily better and better.

I only wish I knew how long the show was going to run, so I don't needlessly get my hopes up for 60+ episodes. These last few episodes have elevated it to the level of Get Backers' Limitless Fortress saga, though the actual content is more reminiscient of the training sequences in Hunter x Hunter.

On a related note, I [i]loved[/i] all the shots of [spoiler]Ichigo's chain of fate eating itself up.[/spoiler] That was very creative and unexpected and weird.

[center]---------------------------------[/center]

Some thoughts on episode 13... Firstly, Orihime's sudden awesomeness stunned me. [spoiler]She became slightly, uh, less awesome when it turned out that her cool wind-whipping power was being created by a bunch of mildly psychotic fairies, but I'm just happy that she has a talent in the first place. I had been so convinced that she would end up being the token useless female character. Her relationship with Tatsuki is really sweet and touching (and even more homoerotic than before, haha), and I can't help but feel fond of the red-haired girl. Is Chizuru her name?[/spoiler]

Secondly, is it weird that I think [spoiler]Urahara looks very villainous? Though I do like him and his ever-present air of mystery, to me everything about him just screams "secret bad guy."[/spoiler] Maybe I'm merely getting paranoid or something.

I was surprised by the borderline camaraderie between Ishida and Ichigo at the very end of the episode. I had expected them to immediately rip each other's throats out (or try, at least). I guess they do have their priorities straight, after all. And it's great to know that Ishida will receive some decent character development.

~Dagger~

Hmmm after episode 13 i just sorta lost interest in the anime. but if it's as good as you say it is i may have to go back to it. I was looking foreward to seeing when [spoiler]Renji & Byakuya[/spoiler] would finally make their appearance in the series, but when that random *** Shinigami showed up during the Grand Fisher saga it gave me the impression they weren't gonna show at all. I hope im wrong.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]I just watched Episode 1, yeah I'm a bit behind, but I found it quite interesting to watch, I thought it was going to be a Shaman King-esque type of thing, but it totally changed around half way through.

I've downloaded episode 2 so I'm gonna watch that before tonight. But I am extremley interested to see what happens.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Reise][COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]I just watched Episode 1, yeah I'm a bit behind, but I found it quite interesting to watch, I thought it was going to be a Shaman King-esque type of thing, but it totally changed around half way through.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
I love your banner and avatar! Have you by any chance been watching Sukisho?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you think of future episodes. Bleach can get pretty intense at times, and so far each plot twist is better than the last.

[quote name='QuincyArcher]Hmmm after episode 13 i just sorta lost interest in the anime. but if it's as good as you say it is i may have to go back to it. I was looking foreward to seeing when [spoiler]Renji & Byakuya[/spoiler'] would finally make their appearance in the series, but when that random *** Shinigami showed up during the Grand Fisher saga it gave me the impression they weren't gonna show at all. I hope im wrong.[/quote]

Episode 17 marks the beginning of [spoiler]a two-episode fight in which Ichigo goes up against Renji. But just when he starts winning, he totally gets his *** handed to him by Byakuya.[/spoiler]

Afterward, [spoiler]they take Rukia back to Soul Society to be executed. Ichigo goes to train with Urahara's crew; he manages to awaken his own latent shinigami powers and speaks with the "spirit" (or something) of his sword (which was badly broken by Byakuya). Meanwhile, Ishida does a bit of special training on his own, and Orihime and Chad work with Urahara's black cat to develop & control their newly discovered powers.

Surprisingly, Renji has turned out to be more tolerant and kind than Byakuya. He really was genuinely shocked when Byakuya announced that Rukia was to be disposed of.[/spoiler]

I assume all of this mirrors events in the manga. On that note, I've heard that the anime is up to or past volume 7! That's got to be a record for fast pacing, heh. In any case, I was very taken with the [spoiler]training[/spoiler] sequences. As they're a staple of just about every shounen action anime, I wasn't expecting much, but so far they've been quite entertaining. Parts of [spoiler]Urahara's regimen[/spoiler] remind me of scenes from Hunter x Hunter (while still being rather original), and that's definitely a good thing.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I attempted downloading Episode 2, but after it downloaded it doesn't un-pack, so I shall have to watch Epidose 1 over and over again, heh. I'll try and find some where else I can download it without needing BitTorrent.

Episode 1 has just pulled me right in, and I'm excited about finding out more about [spoiler]Death Gods and the Soul Society[/spoiler].
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][I haven't watched Sukisho, but I really love the designs and the artwork done with it][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]I recently purchased a set of Naruto DVDs offline, and they came with a free sample of the 1st episode of Bleach. It was really good and now I want to buy it, but before I do I was hoping somebody could tell me a little bit more about it. You know like what exactly is it about, is the manga better? I would just like some input on it before I go and buy it.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Never really saw many people that heard of bleach I saw up to the 3rd episode subtitles *scraches head* can't traslate japanese that good
[quote name='gaarasgirl90][COLOR=DarkRed']I recently purchased a set of Naruto DVDs offline, and they came with a free sample of the 1st episode of Bleach. It was really good and now I want to buy it, but before I do I was hoping somebody could tell me a little bit more about it. You know like what exactly is it about, is the manga better? I would just like some input on it before I go and buy it.[/COLOR][/quote]
Lets say bleach is about a soul reaper that kinda gives her power to a guy that been seen ghost all his life and helping out. Is soppousely be temporaly giving to Ichigo (main chracter orage hair) but is know the "DEATH GOD" so to speak....anyway he meets some people along the way in his job like Quincy the Archer...which hates Ichigo gust....-.-

Where I live the have the manga up to 6 now and there very good i suggest you pick up a copy before seen the anime ^^

• 3 weeks later...
[b]SlowChemical[/b], your post is a wee bit hard to figure out. Do you think you could clean it up a little?

While I haven't finished episodes 26 & 27 yet, I just had to mention how incredibly awesome the new OP sequence is. The song itself isn't all that exceptional, but the animation is just breathtaking. I seriously could watch it for hours on end.

Although the OP's content does make me wonder how long the current arc will last... hopefully not another 26 episodes, heh. :animeswea

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vitamin
i only saw episode 1-21 and i love it already. i like rengi and ichigo because i think that they are........ :o ....... can't wait to see the continues.......

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Please be wary of your post quality, vitamin- this is close to being spammy. Just be sure to add as much detail as you can and use proper gramar and punctuation (multiple full stops don't always look very attractive, heh) ^_~ -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 1 month later...
Hope I don't get hurt for bumping this thread back up, heck I'm surprised it even needs to be bumped.

Currently at Ep. 32,This anime is downright incredible and I'm completely surprised it hasn't been licensed yet, yeah I think it's that good.

The anime has a great mix of action, comedy, and some drama. The preview for the next episode is always funny and having Kon introduce a different Squad member at the end is cool as well. The Op.s and End.s are really good and match the series really well with their timing.

[spoiler]
Ichigo's rematch with Renji was awesome, heck all of his fights have been great. Ishida's cool with his bow, but unfortunately Orihime's not doing too great. Hopefully she gets stronger. Chad's supposedly really powerful, but we never get to see him in action, I really hope we get to see him in a fight soon.
Curious if Genji will get any stronger or will he just be a bystander all the time?

Something I'm curious about, since Ichigo's in the next world, I wonder if he'll see his mother in a future episode. That would be interesting to see.
[/spoiler]

I could go on for a long time about this anime, but I don't have the time unfortunately so I'll stop there.

I sure do hope more people see this anime, it's way too good to miss. But then again there's a lot of good anime out there right now.

Im glad you did bump this back up, I mean I love Bleach its the best anime to me...I mean it has everything an anime needs, The love story between the hero and heroin, the pervert, the mysterious guy. All that is essential XD

Episode 32 was so amazing. :love:

When I first heard that Renji was a real fan favorite in Japan, I was quite surprised. He didn't seem like a very charismatic character, and I had been under the impression that he would take a back-seat (so to speak) to Captain Kuchiki. Episode 32 proved me wrong. I found it to be one of the most emotional and moving episodes so far, and it explained a lot about Renji's behavior earlier in the show.

What's up with episode 33? The preview made it look like filler. Is it based on a manga side story or something?

~Dagger~

I don't think it was filler, I think they just felt like taking a funny break from Ichigo's serious journey to save Rukia. I was curious what everyone else was doing back in the living world anyway so it was perfect,heh. The preview from 32 to 33 was perfect, that was soooo good,heh.

Ep 32 was great, after a good battle learning about Rukia and Renji's past was perfect.

I'm curious how long this series can go, I'm sure there's gonna be another Arc after this one, since there was that [spoiler] huge hollow 15 episodes back[/spoiler].

Since the Manga's still not over and is still pretty fresh, I'm sure this series will go on for quite a while.

wow I said Perfect a lot.

Yeah, episode 33 was actually pretty entertaining. I'm glad I was able to watch episode 34 immediately afterward, though.

On the subject of episode 34: what a cliffhanger! I'm assuming that [spoiler]Aizen will live, since it seemed as if he was going to become a major character.[/spoiler] One of the things I like best about this arc is all of the political double-dealing and intrigue that's apparently taking place among the upper-level shinigami. It makes things really interesting, especially since there appear to be multiple factions involved, and it's hard to tell who's truly the enemy (both for Ichigo and for the other shinigami).

I hope that [spoiler]the person who attacked Aizen isn't Gin, because that's just so... obvious. It'd be kind of nice if Byakuya were behind it, actually. The writers have gone to great lengths to make Byakuya incredibly unlikeable--now I want to see if he's seriously evil/depraved/heartless or if he's just a big softie underneath it all.[/spoiler]

And it turns out that Takahiro Sakurai is playing Kira. Rock on. :animesmil

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, a lot of Shonen Jump Anime has came to America in the last couple of years (Shaman King, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, with Naruto, Bobobo Bo Bobo, and probably Beet the Vandel Buster on its way...), so Bleach shouldn't be to far behind...

I mean, come on...BLEACH!!!! Need I [B]REALLY[/B] say more?[/FONT][/COLOR]

I just watched 1-33 this week and it seriously impressed me. The characterisation was very good, particularly since I was expected a more childish series having previously only seen 11-13, and some sequences are absolutely first rate, particularly episodes 18-20 which take the anime staple of intensive training and take it to new extremes.

With Bleach being my most studied subject this week, i was lucky to get a question on bleach in my chemistry exam.

[spoiler] *After seeing Ep 34 and 35*

Okay Bleach is required to be on AS now, if it gets with CN and not TechTV or one of the other channels.

There's no way Toonami's ever gonna show a dead guy, after ShiShio's death in Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami, I'm convinced of that.
[/spoiler]

Ep's 36 is gonna be great if they show what I wanna see [spoiler] Sure Capt 11th Squad and his Liu. are gonna be funny but I really wanna see Chad in a fight with a Death God. I'm pretty damn sure Byakuya's not a softie, he's a mean noble, and they're never nice, heh. It might not of been Gin who did the kill, but the fact he's smiling kinda doesn't help. I'm thinking Aizen staged it, or faked getting killed somehow. I'm hoping that of course because I really wanna see what everyone's sword forms are.

The desperation in Kira and Hinamori's voices were great, and the yelling too. Makes me wish voice actors here in the US were able to sound as authentic as the Sayuus(SP?).
[/spoiler]

I'm already dying to see Ep 36. I just can't wait darn it. :animesmil