OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
So for those of you who only watch the anime, get ready to behold many odd twists and turns. As for those of you who have read the manga, what fights are you looking foward to?

I just really want to see all of the new Shikais and bankais, since they looked just [I]awesome[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Heh, can't really say too much, you know. Too many spoilers ^_^. I've been in a slump with the manga as of late. I'm not really fond of the [spoiler]Hueco(sp?) Mundo arc[/spoiler] at all.

And in terms of the fights... The only fight I want to see is [spoiler]Ichigo vs Grimmjow. Both of them. And then there's a certain shinigami I want to see. (I bet everyone wants to see him as well.... I won't give any names though. :D [/spoiler]

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1]I'm really looking forward to seeing [SPOILER]Noitora, as I'm a huge fangirl of his. I'm also looking forward to Gin and Aizen in their gorgeous new outfits.[/SPOILER]

But on a more serious note, the fight I'm most looking forward to is probably [SPOILER]Hitsugaya versus [strike]tentacle monster[/strike] Luppi. I loved Luppi, but I think the fight and his end was a good touch.[/SPOILER]

I have to admit, I love the Arrancars and the Vizards. I miss Shinji, seeing as he's one of my ultimate favourites next to Gin.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma]Indeed I cannot wait for the new episodes of Bleach to start coming out not with the fillers being over. The bounto arc was an interesting one (one that did run longer then it should have however), but I'm glad things are finally getting back on track. Been a while since we've seen Aizen, Tousen, and Gin (still hate Gin, but I can stand to see him again after a 45+ episode break, lol). Tousen has always been one of my favorites and definitly can't wait to see how he has improved (as you can tell I have not read far into the manga concerning the upcoming arc).

On another note with the english version of Bleach, I don't mind Renji's VA that much (and happen to think Byakuya's is fairly good) but I don't think i'll be able to get over "Roar, Zabimaru!" as opposed to "Howl, Zabimaru!" :mad: [/FONT]

[quote name='BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma']On another note with the english version of Bleach, I don't mind Renji's VA that much (and happen to think Byakuya's is fairly good) but I don't think i'll be able to get over "Roar, Zabimaru!" as opposed to "Howl, Zabimaru!" :mad: [/FONT][/quote]
I thought Renji's voice would be a bit more gruff but I'm fine with it. I am VERY happy and went a bit fangirl when I found out about Byakuya's dub voice since I'm good friends with the voice actor who got the part. Needless to say I am very biased when it comes to that opinion. :animeswea As I mentioned before I am still wondering about who they are going to get for Hanatarou (Please VA gods, don't make him sound lame!). I am going to ask Kyle Hebert if he'll do the voices of Aizen and Ganju for me when I see him this weekend so I can get a sneek peek of how he's going to voice them. Gah, I sound like some stalker fangirl...

On the subject of the filler arc: I didn't mind it when it started but it really needs to finish up. I am so ready for the story to get back on track.

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][QUOTE=Panda]
On the subject of the filler arc: I didn't mind it when it started but it really needs to finish up. I am so ready for the story to get back on track.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the filler is already done and the origional manga arc is starting next week :animeknow

The scene I want to see (besides what I already said) [spoiler]is Ichigo's training with the vizards. I mean sure, the first part of it was pure comedy relief, until he went inside himself to fight aganst his hollow while his body turned into a hollow and started thrasing around out the outer world. Since that fight was just pure awesome I can't wait to see it animated [/spoiler].

Side note: I hope as the dub countinues they make Zaraki's voice sound SOMEWHAT Badass.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Side note: I hope as the dub countinues they make Zaraki's voice sound SOMEWHAT Badass.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
I second that motion. Anyway's, i'm really glad the filler's have ended.:animesigh Now maybe we can get into some [I]real[/I] action.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]Here are some titles heading your way, although I don't know the dayes Episode 110 is the one that aired today.

[QUOTE][spoiler]110. Resuming the Substitute Business! The Terrifying Transfer Student
Daikou Gyou Saikai! Kyoufu no Tenkousei 「代行業再開!恐怖の転校生」

111. Shock! The Fathers' True Identity
Kyougaku! Oyajitachi no Shoutai 「驚愕!親父達の正体」

112. The Commencement of War, Vizard and Arrancar
Tatakai no Hajimari, Vaizaado to Arankaru 「戦いの始まり、仮面の軍勢と破面」

113. Prelude to the Apocalypse, The Arrancar Offensive
Sekai Houkai he no Jokyoku, Arankaru Shuurai 「世界崩壊への序曲、アランカル襲来!」

114. Ichigo and Rukia Reunite
Saikai, Ichigo to Rukia 「再会、一護とルキア」[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I think we [I]all[/I] know what next week's episode will be about. Bring on the [spoiler]Arrancar![/spoiler][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hm. I kind of want to start watching this again, and I kind of don't. Shinji, from what little I know of him, seems like my type of character--but it's still difficult to work up any enthusiasm. I'd planned on turning to D.Gray-man for my shounen action fix, but after I heard that they were toning down the violence and already introducing filler episodes, I shied away. I guess I'll go back to Bleach if things don't work out between me and Kekkaishi.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#656446]FINALLY! I'm so glad that the Bounto arc is over! After watching 109, I realized that I didn't miss [i]anything[/i] by not watching the Bounto Arc (I feel sorry for them fans who did watch it). The writers did a good job of using 109 to reset things back to the way both worlds were right after the Soul Society arc but they were forcing the episode's theme so much that now I'm sick of the word "revolving".

The thing about missing so many episodes is that you can easily pick out the minor differences/changes in the anime. I noticed that Bleach lacks teh funnies now (but Shinigami's Cup is still awwwright!) and Ichigo's personality has gotten considerably more em--errr, serious. Rukia's voice got deeper and more hollow, too.

Byakuya, though, is still hot.[/COLOR]

I'm actually excited about Bleach again. I know what's going to happen because I've read it all, but finally, the artists that can draw Ichigo are back on the scene and the good storyline is back in the driving seat.

Shinji's voice was a bit deeper than I imagined, and a bit overly wacky in the classroom scene - I mean, he's meant to be a bit of a goof until he gets bored or annoyed, but he grated when he was pratting about in front of Ochi-sensei. Hopefully Masaya Onosaka will grow into the role.

I feel kind of sorry for pure anime-viewers, though. The new ED sequence [spoiler]completely steals the thunder from Isshin's big reveal next episode[/spoiler].

110 it has finally started up again even knowing what's coming I still enjoy watching to see how it will go down in color and with motion. :animenose The one thing that bugged me was the [spoiler]three stuffed animals from the filler arc are still around which leads me to believe they are saving them up for the next filler arc. Which wouldn't be bad as long as they don't add them into the story that has all ready been laid out in the manga I can blissfully ignore them.[/spoiler]

I'm just so happy that the series is moving forward again.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0e1030]Feh, 111 was pretty much just as anyone could have predicted. Since I know that a majority of you have read the manga and already know what happens I'm going to save myself the time of giving a full episode summary and just highlight some things.

The first part of the episode [spoiler]was for the most part filler. They seem to try to give the three mod souls some purpose and try to get them to distract grand fisher for a while and whatnot. It was berable but the animation in my eyes differed greatly from what was to come.[/spoiler]

So when [spoiler]Isshin finally made his somewhat grand apparence, I wasnt to shocked by it since I already knew it was to come. It seems that in the anime they made his piece of captain's cloth a lot larger. Probably just to solidify the fact that he [I]was[/I] a captain before.

Something that kinda suprised me though, when Grand Fisher went from going from a semi Arrancar to a full one. The start playing Spanish (I want to say its Salsa music but I'm not 100% sure on it) Music. Its kinda obvious since a large part of the names in this arc are Spanish. So I wouldn't be too suprised to see it in the future. Although the animation of Grand Fisher removing his mask was really top notch in my book[/spoiler]

All for now, till next time.

PS: I finally know how to spell (and pronounce) Arrancar properly, huzzah![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Nah, [spoiler]Grandfisher removes his mask fully in the manga too. Take a look at the avatars of him in the avatar library - there's one masked and one without. Isshin still refers to him as an 'incomplete Arrancar' not because his mask was still on, but because he didn't transform completely, retaining his huge size and Hollow-ish form[/spoiler].

Gah. The Modsouls. I was hoping to goodness [spoiler]Grandfisher would eat them. And their mums. But no such luck. If they start going up against the likes of Yammy and Ulquiorra and surviving I might cry[/spoiler].

I guess having read the manga [spoiler]it did take away some of the suprise of Ichigo's father being a shinigami, but not once did it take away my anticipation. I think I spent everything after the small Ishida bit at the start going "when's Ichigo's father gonna appear? when's he gonna kick some arse." But I also agree the bit with the mod soul trio was tedious though I never thought Ichigo's father ever claimed Urahara was his best friend in the manga.[/spoiler]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I just finished watching episode 111, and being the non-manga reader that I am, I was quite surprised by [spoiler]Ichigo's father being a Shinigami. And the appearance of Ishida's father came as quite a shock as well.[/spoiler] Anyway's, can't wait till' episode 112.^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah I was pretty [SPOILER]surprised they still have the filler mod souls around still. I am also a manga reader so this from now on, its pretty predictable. I'm pretty excited to see everything in color.[/SPOILER]

Ikillion-[SPOILER]You asked this a long itme ago, but still thought I'd answer, the battle I'm most looking forward to is Renji, Matsumoto's and Hitsugaya's battle with the lower Arrancar. As well for Ikkaku's, I wasn't so knocked off my feet when he had bankai, there was something about him that told me he had more power up his sleeve.[/SPOILER][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
These mod souls are starting to bug me now 112 and there still here interacting with a storyline that's already been finished. The company that did the fillers must be doing there own thing with whatever creative rights they have. Still if these don't get put in a closet soon or destroyed I'm going to be bummed.

The rest of the episode was golden though layed out how it was supposed to be. Even knowing what is coming doesn't make it any less cooler when you see it in motion and color.

Meh, the Modsouls weren't too annoying in that episode - at least they were used to effect as explanation devices, instead of trying to have any kind of effect on the story. All I'm worried about is if they start attacking the much, much more powerful enemies coming up in the next episode and surviving.

I can see what Studio Pierrot are trying to do. They're trying to use the (clearly very weak) Modsouls to demonstrate the power of the new bad guys. They're throwaway characters and nobody cares if they get beaten in every episode. But here's the thing - they went up against Arrancar Grandfisher and came out unscathed. They couldn't hurt him, but they weren't harmed. This is a guy that nearly beat Ichigo before he was even hybridised, and they're up and sketching by the next episode.

Basically, if they try to take on [spoiler]Yammy and Ulquiorra[/spoiler] - which I suspect they will - and don't get ground into dust, the awesome power of the [spoiler]Espada - later amply demonstrated by Tsubaki getting crushed and Chad's arm getting ripped off -[/spoiler] is kind of belittled.

Having said that, this episode couldn't go far wrong for me, because it introduced Hiyori, possibly my favourite Bleach character. That moment where she and Shinji are running through the air was pretty well done, even if they did cut the graphic goosing.

• 6 months later...
Guest acejin
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Red"]my favorite opening song for bleach would be tonight, tonight by beat crusaders :animesmilbeacuse i think it really suits the series and it's really cute and my favorite ending song for bleach would be rolling star beacuse it's by YUI;) (kind of unreasonable, hehehe:animeswea)

what's yours? remember, only one opening song an done ending, hehehe:animeswea[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[SIZE=4]Has anyone seen th movie yet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][U]Bleach[/U] the Movie: [COLOR=red]Memories of Nobody[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Well i just finished it. and for those who did watch it what did you think?:confused:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I loved it, it felt it went by to fast and not a lot about senna, [COLOR="White"]then again she didn't know a lot about herself [/COLOR]so i guess thats OK. the action wasn't all that good, but it still was a great movie. now one of my favorites.:luv:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I cried:animecry: [COLOR="white"]when senna disappeared but was happy when i saw that Ichigo remembered her. that proves that she was real[/COLOR].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]i love it a lot. I give the movie a 4/5 -1 for action but hey good thing is even with the lack of action it still rocked and rolled. (very few movies can do that) :catgirl:[/SIZE]

personally i loved bleach. I cant really choose one reason i love it because there are just so many :)

at first i thought it was kinda boring, but once it picked up i've watched it ever since :)

although i have run into a snag!

i cant seem to find episode 143 anywhere! but from the above discussion, if you guys are still around 110-120, then i wont contribute to the conversation

im afraid i dont trust myself to not give away the show :(

If you look up the last major discussion took place back in january so most people probably are up to the most recent eps.

Anyway I'm finally glad the series is continuing to move forward. Next week sees the beginning of the next arc and I just can't wait to see [spoiler]Nell[/spoiler] in animation.

• 6 months later...
[size=1][i]old post from 09-28-2007[/i][/size]

[quote name='XxWigglesxX']i cant seem to find episode 143 anywhere![/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Probably 'cause ep143 hasn't aired yet. 142 is the latest that's out.

So anyway, I started watching Bleach back when they were up to ep100 or there abouts. I burned through the Substitute and Soul Society arcs in no time 'cause they were awesome and each episode's ending made me want to continue on to the next [i]right away.[/i] Then I got to the Bount arc and I was like, "Damnit, I haven't even read the manga and I can tell this is filler." I slogged through that much more slowly—vampire stories already hold little interest for me, and this was even worse. I was glad when the Arrancar arc started but the series just isn't as interesting to me anymore.

Still, it's amusing enough that I keep up with each new episode. Hopefully, now that they're [spoiler]heading into Hueco Mundo,[/spoiler] things will get good again. I've missed the Ichigo/Rukia dynamic that they had going in the Substitute arc and the Ichigo/Chad/Uryu team from the Soul Society arc.

And I'm still waiting to see Yachiru fight. I imagine it will be awesome like Yoda fighting with his lightsaber in Star Wars Episode III.[/color]

[hr]100[/hr]
[size=1][i]new post[/i][/size]

[color=#4B0082]Oh god, another filler arc. This one better be about fifty times better than the Bount arc or I'm dropping the series until we get more actual storyline.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Filler arc makes Meggido a sad panda. From the first ep I just say Yuck. At the moment however I'm wondering how it's gonna fit in with the overall story.[spoiler] I mean we have Ichigo and Co. back in the real world but we also have the 3 missing captains.[/spoiler] So basically at the moment depending on where Orihime is it's either falling just before she is kidnapped or just after. However it's confusing in that it's just after [spoiler]Hitsugaya's team returns to Soul Society which occurs after Orihime disappears.[/spoiler] The lack of continuity is destroying my brain.

Sadly I think in destroying the continuity they've kind of done what Naruto did with its 80 odd fillers at the end of series 1. At least it's no longer going to tie in with the manga if they place it after the recent "storyline" eps.

[SIZE="1"]I suppose one of the better things about this filler arc is that they're openly admitting right from the start that it's filler, which seeing as they stopped right in the middle of another arc, which was just starting to get to the good stuff, is a little irritating.

Just finished watching Bleach 169 a few minutes ago, and I have to say, so far, I'm rather neutral. One of the particular things that irked by about the initial plotline, the fact that [spoiler]only one new captain was being promoted was the fact Shuusuke was promoted the the 3rd Division despite the 5th being in the most dire need of leadership, what with no Captain or Lieutenant. That and of course, seeing as Soul Society is aware of two other Shinigami who aren't exiled with Bankai (Ichigo and Renji) there's no point why they shouldn't have all 13 Captains once again. But meh, I'm a Bleach geek who just wants to see Ichigo get to Captain at some point.[/spoiler]

Overall however, [spoiler]I rather like Shuusuke, one of the major complaints was he was to be too similar to Kyouraku, but I really can't see it, aside from some extremely superficial ones, i.e. both have stubble which is a bit of a stretch.[/spoiler]

169 wasn't particularly engaging either, [spoiler]although the mute Enryuu with his hilarious body language is awesome[/spoiler]. Hopefully the next few episodes will be better, although admittedly it's going to take three or so episodes to establish the plot.[/SIZE]