OtakuBoards

Bleach

Dan Rugh

Dang I forget to keep adding my spoiler tags....IM such an idiot. I swear sometimes I dont even realize when Im revealing new stuff. My BAD!!!!

As for tactical vs all-force fighters...I think I like tactical fighters better. Now Im not knocking Kenpachi and his fighting style. he can make anyone look like an idiot. But Byakuya and Urahara beat you and tell you how they did it. They notice things around them to make the fight easier for themselves. I love it when Byakuya kills someone and tells them exactly what happened as if it was gonna help them. Haha.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Humaru' date='07 August 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1281156112' post='699004']
. I love it when Byakuya kills someone and tells them exactly what happened as if it was gonna help them. Haha.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]That still isn't very tactical. It would be much more tactical if he simply defeated his enemies and never told them how they were defeated. Since it seems that he rarely ever actually kills anyone (case in point, Renji) he would be far more menacing (and save himself a plethora of rematches) if he just stayed mute about his Zanpaktou.

Really, the Soul Society is the least tactical fighting force ever. Even their assassination force attacks head on. Maybe the lieutenant with the mustache could read old man Yammamoto some Sun Tzu between naps or something.

I really don't think Aizen comes off as some sort of tactical/diabolical genius in the series. He is just the only soul reaper that possesses average intelligence.
[/color]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='07 August 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1281221405' post='699053']
[color=indigo]That still isn't very tactical. It would be much more tactical if he simply defeated his enemies and never told them how they were defeated. Since it seems that he rarely ever actually kills anyone (case in point, Renji) he would be far more menacing (and save himself a plethora of rematches) if he just stayed mute about his Zanpaktou.

Really, the Soul Society is the least tactical fighting force ever. Even their assassination force attacks head on. Maybe the lieutenant with the mustache could read old man Yammamoto some Sun Tzu between naps or something.

I really don't think Aizen comes off as some sort of tactical/diabolical genius in the series. He is just the only soul reaper that possesses average intelligence.
[/color]
[/quote]
Haha, if you've ever read the manga thread you'd see that I complained about something similar to that. I hate it when characters state what their abilities are while the opponent is still in healthy condition. I hated it when Soifon explained what she could do to kitty boy (I forgot his name), I hated it when Zommari explained his abilities to Byakuya. The only reason I liked it when Byakuya explained his abilities to Zommari is because you just knew that the fight was over with right there. And yes, I definately agree that telling your opponents what you can do is not tactical at all. The reason I consider Byakuya a tactician is because of the way he uses kido in his fights. And I don't understand why other captains don't use kido while fighting. It's already been proven that Rikujoukoru can be quite deadly when combined with zanpakutou abilities.... (Soifon should be the main one using it considering she's suppose to be stealthy)

I wouldn't say Aizen's a diabolical genius, but he's definately a tactician. To always be one step ahead of everyone else.... I don't know what else you can really call that.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='07 August 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1281221405' post='699053']
[/color]
[/quote]

I dont think you understood what I was saying when I made that comment. I wasn't saying that telling his opponent how he beat them is tactical....I was speaking of the events prior to his revealing of how he beat them. Byakuya telling his soon to be dead opponent exactly how he beat them is quite brilliant. You forget, he is quite arrogant and prideful, so revaling how he saw through his opponents best techniques is a boost for the ego.

For example his fight against Zommari (Espada 7), [spoiler]He was very quick on his feet, haha, and always took the right course of action to avoid Zommari's attack. When Zommari released his zanpakuto, Byakuya didn't fret, he just continued to slowly defeat his opponent. Whatever Zommari threw at Byakuya, he had an answer...even when he tried to take over Rukia's body. Then Byakuya used his bankai to defeat his opponent. This happened because he noticed just how many eyes Zommari has and that they can only control one thing at a time. He used a simple strategy to beat Zommari and as he defeated him, he told him exactly how he did....to boost his ego once again and make his prideful opponent look so foolish as he took his last breath. Zommari went out like a b*@#$ as he was whining Aizen's name.[/spoiler]

Byakuya didn't kill Renji because he was still his friend. Really only Ichigo has brought Byakuya to say he lost. Ichigo would be dead if it weren't for Kisuke. Byakuya pretty much finishes what he started unless someone gets in his way. Really not many soul reapers outside of Ichigo have really killed numerous strong opponents.

[quote name='Humaru' date='07 August 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1281225258' post='699056']
Byakuya didn't kill Renji because he was still his friend.
[/quote]
Renji was pretty much left for dead. The only reason he lived was because of Hanataro. Seriously, the guy was going to kill Rukia (his own sister) and you think he would hesitate to kill a friend?

[quote name ='Humaru'date='07 August 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1281225258' post='699056']
Really not many soul reapers outside of Ichigo have really killed numerous strong opponents.[/quote]
You really can't prove that considering this story does not follow the captains 2000 year quest and besides, it can be argue that Shunsui, Ukitake and Yama-ji has. And truth be told, when you go back Ichigo only have 1 strong opponent he's killed. Edited by Beretta

Well Rukia really is his sister in law and I still think he was bluffing about killing her. [spoiler]He made a promise to his wife that he would protect Rukia when she died.[/spoiler] And he was really gonna kill her, he should have done before they left the world of the living. I mean she broke the law right...why not kill her there...but I guess that ruins the entire story.

As for what I said, I guess "killed" is the wrong word to use in that situation. I should have used "defeated" rather than "killed." When you think about the series entirely (Side arcs, movies, and the back to the past arc) how many people are killed rather than defeated. Like you said, there is no account for Yamamoto, Shunsui, and Juushiro's battles. They seem to be the strongest soul reapers but their personalities make us think otherwise. Yamamoto is like the last resort so he doesn't fight as much, Shunsui is like a lazy bum who loves drinking more than defeating his opponents, and Juushiro has TB or so it would seem. Ichigo hasn;t really killed alot of guys but has defeated quite a few. But far as we have seen not really anyone else can make that claim that they have killed alot of guys.

Every single captain, ex captain, vice captain would like to have a word with you outside of Toushiro, Momo and Nemu, and even then I can't completely rule them out. Their experience gotta come from somewhere, and before Rukia met Ichigo one would think every single one of them has done their fair share of defeating/killing hollows.

As for Byakuya.. Since when do Byakuya bluff? Yes he made a promise but it was also stated that he was also unholding the rules. (If I recall, he was torn between the 2) He chose obeying the law over protecting Rukia. And I would assume he didn't kill her in the living world because they are suppose to be like the police.... (in a sadistic kind of way) I'll never understand why Renji attacked her first when she didn't resist in the first place.

[quote name='Beretta' date='08 August 2010 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1281260061' post='699081']
I'll never understand why Renji attacked her first when she didn't resist in the first place.
[/quote]

Because Renji has got to be the biggest let down of the series. When it started, he looked like he was gonna be awesome but as time went on, we quickly learned that he is mostly bark and some bite. He does take out a few guys but when you need his help, he is useless.

Renji probably wanted to get a win under his belt because he knew of his lameness.

[quote name='Humaru' date='07 August 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1281225258' post='699056']
I dont think you understood what I was saying when I made that comment. I wasn't saying that telling his opponent how he beat them is tactical....I was speaking of the events prior to his revealing of how he beat them. Byakuya telling his soon to be dead opponent exactly how he beat them is quite brilliant. You forget, he is quite arrogant and prideful, so revaling how he saw through his opponents best techniques is a boost for the ego.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I understood exactly what you meant, I just don't agree with you. You are stating that he is tactical because we have seen him use kido combined with other attacks and that we saw him humiliate Zoomari in his fight. This might be more tactical then Kempachi, but not much. A tactical soul reaper with Byakuya's abilities would have imply used his Bankai while hidden from a distance. He was there to kill hollows and save lives, not play a game of who can kill who using the least amount of strength possible.

I get where you are coming from, out of all the soul reapers, he at least mixes things up. But to say he is tactical...that is a reach. The only real tactician that I have seen so far in Bleach is Urahara. [/color]

I enjoyed episode 283. Best episode I've seen since watching Ichigo vs Ulquiorra by far. If there was an issue I had with this episode it would be with the add-on of Lillinette's "defeat". I never wondered what happened to her in the manga because I just thought she turned into the swords. But having her defeated by another blast (I suppose that makes sense), one would think she'd just come back considering she came back after being hit by Love and Rose, so that don't really make sense to me. But other than that I enjoyed this episode.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Agreed, I actually felt overall the fight was very well converted from manga to anime. Lillinette's disappearance wasn't well explained originally and seeing exactly what happened certainly adds another emotional depth to what was there already, as for why she didn't disappear when fighting Love and Rose, I'm assuming it's because Stark hadn't split off that bit of their soul into wolf-form. I have to admit Shunsui came off as a bit of an asshole in that fight, mentioning Lillinette's death was a bit harsh and then pretty openly insulting Ukitake about his view of having clearly established protocols to fights as being uncaptain-like.

Shame to say it also closes the lid on any chance of Stark having survived that fight, guess that just leaves Hali and Grimmjaw.[/size][/font]

Ahh yes. Someone else also believes Grimmjow is still alive. I wonder what his part in the story will be now.Maybe he's the way the other soul reapers get back to Karakura...I dont know. He still pretty bad@#%. He has got to be the coolest Espada along with Nnoitora because they weren't afraid to break the rules that Aizen laid down. Of course, their actions led to some negative consequences but still all and all, they are great.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Honestly unless Grimmjaw received some kind of medical attention, I actually don't see him surviving. As a character his role in the story has finished in the same way Ulquiorra has, and he's also received his obligatory flashbacks in order to die. That said it's been three years since Kubo last featured him so anything is possible.[/size][/font]

You know I just realized that every "cool" espada had a flashback of their life before they die. [spoiler]Grimmjow did get hit pretty hard by Nnoitora but who knows Retsu Unohana was healing everybody she saw and she did heal that one Privaron Espada I think.[/spoiler]

As for the time that we haven't been graced by Grimmjow,maybe thats part of the surprise of him showing up and helping out. He also has that "warrior's spirit" and by that I mean since the author wants them to look sooo Bad@#% they can survive even the most intense injuries by some sort of willpower they have.....examples: Ichigo(on more than one occasion), Kenpachi, Renji, and Chad. Edited by Humaru

You're right Beretta...he totally deserves one too. He was clearly one of the best and most devoted Espada. I mean he brought Ichigo to his knees until Ichigo pulled a "hero move" and came back with some new power. I guess since [spoiler]his aspect of death is nihilism,[/spoiler] he gets nothing. Ha, go figure. Its must be hard for Kubo to draw up a flashback that shows how Ulquiorra represents nothing. The espada who did get flashbacks, it was kinda simple.
[spoiler]Starkk=Loneliness (Flashback showed how he was so lonely due to his massive strength so he had to split himself into 2 separate beings to not be lonely.)
Barragan=Old Age (Since he is constantly getting older and time passes by, he gets bored. So bored that he pits his arm against one another. And its like he said, everything gives way to time including himself)
Hallibel=Sacrifice (She sacrifices her time and power to look out for her subordinates. Even her fracciones had to sacrifice part of themselves to create that "pet" arrancar)
Grimmjoww=Destruction ( He constantly had to destroy and eat other hollows to get stronger. He destroyed so much that it came to haunt him....his entire fracciones army were destroyed and he himself met his match)[/spoiler]

ALSO I just saw on Adultswim that new episodes are coming on August 28th. I dont know if anyone knew that but I'm excited to see all this stuff in English. Edited by Humaru

I didn't know the exact date [AS] were suppose to air new episodes but I can't say that I'm excited either considering those episodes are fillers.... And I'm not really happy with Bleach fillers... Although there were some great moments in the last set of fillers. Speaking of filler I'm hearing that they're starting up again Sept 7 (supposedly).

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Oh God damn it, you're kidding right ? More fillers ? How the hell are those anime-only watchers ever going to get to the good stuff.

Saying that it's not like the latest manga arc is sterling stuff, still probably miles better than the next filler, unless for a laugh Yama promotes Ichigo and Renji as captains to replace two of the three traitors. Hilarity will naturally ensue.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Beretta' date='12 August 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1281608405' post='699295']
I wish I was kidding. Apparently it's going to be following this image:

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/zxpod4.jpg[/img]

Episode title: 287) Gaiden: Ichigo and the Magic Lamp
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
/facedesk

[b][Edit][/b] Wait a second, I've seen that image floating around for years at this point, seems a bit odd for them to base an entire arc off a single piece of art.

Oh well so long as I don't have to sit through a future arc that features leprechauns and banshees I guess it could be worse.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

[quote name='Gavin' date='12 August 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1281615756' post='699298']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]
/facedesk[/size][/font]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]I don't keep up with the manga, does anyone know if the Aizen/current arc has even been completed yet. If not I guess it was inevitable that there would be more fillers. I wouldn't really mind them if the fillers made sense or at least provided a detailed backstory.[/color]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud' date='12 August 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1281633779' post='699302']
[color=indigo]I don't keep up with the manga, does anyone know if the Aizen/current arc has even been completed yet. If not I guess it was inevitable that there would be more fillers. I wouldn't really mind them if the fillers made sense or at least provided a detailed backstory.[/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Sort of depends on your interpretation of an arc, stuff in Karakura finished a couple of weeks back although the storyline hasn't changed very much at all.[/size][/font]

Darn it...these new filler episodes look like they are gonna be terrible. I have to say that there were only 2 good filler arcs but that's only because we got to see cool new stuff we needed to know about our favorite characters. I mean come on Ichigo and the magic lamp(kinda jumping the shark with this one, from what it sounds like) I would have royal guard arc so we can see who exactly is all in it. I have some hunches but I want to see if I'm right or not.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Having just watched Bleach 284 I'm left rolling my eyes at the idea of a women's shelter in Hueco Mundo. Seriously ? Oh we female Hollows need to stick together from the evil male Hollows who will eat us. Nice way of destroying Halibel's credibility as a character. I mean she directly states she doesn't believe in sacrificing other's lives for more power for herself, lovely sentiment except that as a Vasto Lorde she had to have consumed tens of thousands of other Hollows to reach where she was.

/facepalm

Give me back my rational strong female characters like Rukia, Nel and Unohana.[/size][/font] Edited by Gavin

I thought that was a pretty decent episode. I had just stated in the manga thread that I still enjoyed Aizen's character (but not as much anymore). Even when reading the manga I found Aizen killing Halibel to be low. Seeing it in motion made me completely despise the guy lol. He's definately like Light Yagami. Started out liking/respecting the guy up until he did that. When Aizen meets his death I will have no pity.

I find it odd that Ulquiorra doesn't get a flashback though. I would think one of the most popular espada's would get a flashback.

Didn't you know Gavin, filler always messes up a characters credibility. Edited by Beretta