OtakuBoards

What extreme sport are you into?

Annie

[size=1]Take a minute to look around the OB; notice that the majority of this sites' pouplation is very into anime, art, and video games. I'm not complaining at all, don't get me wrong. But, I'm sort of tired of this scene, and would really like to know if anyone has more interest in things outside of anime, art, and video games. What I want to know is:

How many of you are BMXers? Or, at least know about it.

I want to know, because I'm looking into doing BMX. I'm saving up to get a bike, hopefully by next month. I think it would be awesome to relate to someone on this sport/hobby/thrill, seeing as how I'm just getting into this, and I'll be looking for tips/advice. What should I look for in a bike if I plan on riding a bit of street and a bit of trails, and, of course, parks. What brands do you trust and suggest?

I'd like to use this thread as a place to ask all these questions, and if anyone knows how to do tricks, feel free to explain them to the best of your ability. There really isn't too many BMXers in my local area. Skaters pretty much dominate out here. I have no problem other than I can't really get help in this department.

So, I'm hoping someone here can help/relate.[/size]

[QUOTE=Tical Blue] Is this thread just meant to be about BMX, or what? Cuz you said 'how badass are you' and you kinda asked about us being into other things but... what exactly are we posting here?
[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Yeah, it's supposed to be about BMX in particular. Skaters are welcome too. Now that I think of it, this thread should be about "badass" stuff like extreme bike, motocross, and skate.

What exactly are you supposed to be postin'? Well, if you do any of this stuff, ask/answer questions, share experiences, help other with tricks, blah blah blah.

I'm mainly interested in BMX here. But if other extreme hobby-ists are present, and would like to ask questions to others, this is the thread to do it in. OB really doesn't have much of a sports crowd, so I figured this would be a good place to start. That is if anyone does this crazy stuff.[/size]

[quote name='Shi no Tenshi'] My extreme sport has to be parkour. [/quote]

parkour?! I envy you! I want to do that stuff...but seeing that I am a light weight skeleton, I cant jump down a three floor drop without busting a bone(s).

[COLOR=DarkRed]London would be perfect for parkour.

[SIZE=1] anyways...getting back onto subject [/SIZE]

I used to skate, until I wrecked my ankle, by olieing down a 10 set then going to a kickflip. My doctor told me that I should skate anymore, due to the fact that my ankle is so messed up that if I rest foot on the toes to long, I could lock up my entire ankle, so in the meantimeI'll be playing Tony hawk's Project VIII, for a [B][I] very very long time. [/B][/I] :animedepr

I used to surf also, but moving out to london, the sea is too far away and it's too cold to surf in. :animecry:

[EDIT] I used to snowboard, too. but moving out to london, means I've got snow, but no mountains. :animedepr omfg. I cant do anything anymore.

- Leon Fury[/COLOR]

Now: [COLOR=Black]She's[/COLOR][COLOR=White] Hearing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Gray]Voices[/COLOR]
Artist: [COLOr=Black]Bloc[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]Party[/COLOR]
Album: [COLOr=Gray]Silent Alarm.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]I like BMXing, I personally cannot do anything decent, but I'll occasionally go out and watch people and try my hand on the ramps.

Oh, but, you know what's even greater than that? Extreme BMXing on mopeds. Haha. Fun stuff.

But, anyway. Just about the only tip I can give is wear jeans and long-sleeved shirts. Because, getting "clothing burned" is a lot better than actually getting scraped up by the cement.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][QUOTE=orbindo][COLOR=Red]What extreme sport am i into?
Extreme pyrotechnics!!!!!!!!
not officially an extreme sport, but it soon will be. :animestun [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Then I suggest you go to a Rammstein concert.

I do a little bit of rollerblading, skateboarding, and snowboarding. Snowboarding is the man one I'm good or decent at and rollerblading my second best. With skateboarding however, I can only do an ollie and just ride on it really fast. I can do ramps on rollerskates but not had much practice.

Snowboarding is my most favorite to do though, but I love watching Skateboarding vert and BMX/FMX. I watch the Summer and Winter X Games faithfully every year.
[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmm...extreme sport....uhh...lets see...I bowl in a league. Now to you bowling may not seem that extreme, and your probably right, but I do take it kinda seriously. Like I have the expensive bowling balls and expensive bowling bag and various other things.And I participate in bowling tournaments and such. But as far as extreme goes, well I guess thats for you to decide^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
[size=1]Lolz. I do backyard wrestling. Not like the stuff you see in the underground backyard wrestling league's where you get hit with chairs. And definetly not like ECW. We just do some petty wrestling. I love it though cuzz it's really fast paced and strategic. We have a little league with about nine people. Most of the time it's just my friends Ky and Colin and I are wrestling, but there are rare occasions when we can get one or more of the other six to come wrestling.

I also mosh, if you consider that a sport. It's fun, but the effects are practically worthy of being called a hangover.[/size]

I skateboard. I'm not very good but I find the activity and environment fun and relaxing.

BMX riders are generally dicks though. I made friends with a good amount of them when I worked at Vans, but generally they were the most immature, troublesome crowd I had to deal with. They also wore girl's jeans, which was a stupid style. Some of them were really amazing though, so I did have to give them props for that.

[size=1]I used to BMX. Never really got into the street part. I was more of a dirt jump kind of guy. I stopped when my pedal snapped off resulting in a nice concussion.

Now-a-days, the only extreme thing I do is climb. I like indoor walls a lot, but there's nothing like being outside on a calm day about eighty feet in the air, with nothing but a harness and some rope tethering you to the side of a cliff.[/size]

[color=dimgray] I snowboard, but I have to agree with Charles to some extent and say that alot of extreme sporters are generally annoying. As in "HELMETS ARE LAME LOL" except when you fall and, you know, hit your head. Also they wear their pants below their butt. How the hell are you supposed to snowboard with your pants falling off?

Dunno, but for some reason I don't enjoy the culture behind the extreme sports.[/color]