OtakuBoards

Weight.

Jubei Yagyou

[QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]At this point you're not even putting up a good argument for your weight anymore, you're only in denial...it's a little sad.
[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Denial? How am I in denial? I just don't feel like being lectured.[/COLOR]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]At this point you're not even putting up a good argument for your weight anymore, you're only in denial...it's a little sad.

I estimated your BMI, you said nearing 300 so i entered in 290. The result was 37.2. 30 is obese, 25 is overweight, you're deep in the obese territory. You run high risk of developing diabetes when you reach adulthood... Dude, i would seriously reconsider your outlook on weight if i were you.

There's no point in me continuing this discussion, you know what i think. ::shrug::

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Man, my BMI was 33 by your site, which meant I was obese. The only excess fat on my whole body, though, is on my stomach, which makes me wonder the accuracy of it (note: I'm 5'4 with heaps of natural muscle, so I'm thinking the calculation was affected by my relative shortness).[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']Denial? How am I in denial? I just don't feel like being lectured.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]I don't understand how a person can accept that they're dangerously unhealthy and not do anything about it. If a doctor told you you had cancer would you not do anything about it? If you don't feel like being lectured than do something about it, duh. Otherwise you mine as well just deal with it, because you will be lectured by me and anybody else that gives a flying [color=red][b]MONKEY[/b][/COLOR] about you. ^J^

I kinda see obesity like smoking. They're both disgusting and people always know how horrible it is and yet do nothing about it. Oh well.
[/COLOR] [/FONT][quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Man, my BMI was 33 by your site, which meant I was obese. The only excess fat on my whole body, though, is on my stomach, which makes me wonder the accuracy of it (note: I'm 5'4 with heaps of natural muscle, so I'm thinking the calculation was affected by my relative shortness).[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maybe your perception of obesity is a little off. ::shrug:: But the thing can't take everything in consideration, like your muscle mass.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[QUOTE]If a doctor told you you had cancer would you not do anything about it?[/QUOTE]

There's nothing fun about cancer. I can think of a lot of things fun about pizza, coke, and Counter-Strike.

[QUOTE]If you don't feel like being lectured than do something about it, duh. Otherwise you mine as well just deal with it, because you will be lectured by me and anybody else that gives a flying ******* about you. ^J^
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]On second though, I'm cool with getting lectured.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I kinda see obesity like smoking. They're both disgusting and people always know how horrible it is and yet do nothing about it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Let people pick their own poisons.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Red 6]There's nothing fun about cancer. I can think of a lot of things fun about pizza, coke, and Counter-Strike.

[COLOR=Sienna]On second though, I'm cool with getting lectured.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]Let people pick their own poisons.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]There's nothing fun about diabetes, being picked on, having little energy, or getting winded everytime you get up to get a soda. I could list off more things, but you already know them.

Ultimately it's your choice, i can only state my opinion and hope you change.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]
Interesting. I play hockey ever 3 days in the Winter and play Lacrosse a lot of the non-winter school months, and I pig out during most of my free time. Works for me.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If you're involved with sports so much you could lose the weight very easily. You don't even have to go on a diet. I would bet you 100 dollars that if you watched what you ate for 2 weeks while you're doing hockey or something you would lose a lot of weight. And I would bet 100 more dollars that you would get better at hockey or lacrosse.

What I'm saying is, if you don't want to lose weight for your health, try losing it for your sport.

umm......well, I have no idea what you guys are talking about at this moment, all i did was read the first post, so dont get mad at me if I change the subject of what you guys are talking about.

When I was little, I was very very [B]VERY[/B] skinny, almost to the point I looked like a skeleton, and everyone and anyone could pick me up and toss me around. As this happened, I got hurt from people doing that and I felt obligated to be heavier, although my true friends told me that was not the way to go. So I did what they said and stayed in my normal state.

Next year, I'm starting high school, and I still weigh 88 lbs. Girls my age are in the 100s and the 120s and yet I only gained 5 lbs in the past year. My best friend has a growth disorder and is 3 years behind in growth. She weighs 72 lbs. Shes one year older than me. Its sad, aint it? I feel really bad for her, and its just the same I feel for the person who brought this topic up. Sorry.

:animesigh that was alot! :animesmil

[QUOTE=Jubei Yagyou]If you're involved with sports so much you could lose the weight very easily. You don't even have to go on a diet. I would bet you 100 dollars that if you watched what you ate for 2 weeks while you're doing hockey or something you would lose a lot of weight. And I would bet 100 more dollars that you would get better at hockey or lacrosse.

What I'm saying is, if you don't want to lose weight for your health, try losing it for your sport.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Well, and this is getting way off topic, that might actually be detrimental to my cause. I don't know if you follow hockey at all, but basically size = good. The way I play, being 300 pounds means no one can push me around and I can push them around (Since the game has a lot more to do with momentum and leverage than pure strength), which I find quite fun. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Last year at this time, I was pushing 270. I was 18 and 6'2". I went to college and dieted. I walked to my classes and for fun, swam a lot, and stopped eating junkfood. Now I'm at 215 and the weight keeps dropping. It feel great, but I hate having to constantly buy new clothing. I love, however, the looks from the girls who look at me and see a rocker, rather than a lunberjack, which was my original idea. But yeah, I do enjoy the women staring. Like this hot chick in walmart today...yeah.

I have been looking into sports, but not traditional ones. I was thinking kendo seems cool, but hey...small town life. In exchange for kendo, I've taken up dancing. Not ballet or tango, but club dancing. I've been told multiple times that I'm incredibly good at it, dut to my bellydancer flexibility and complete disregard for humility. We'll see what the freshmen think of me next year. I hope its 'I really like him.' We'll see.

As for Red 6, guys, he's found his own acceptance. That's one of the hardest things to obtain. It took me a little over 19 years to gain mine. To take it from him would be demeaning. He's accepted that he'll be a big guy throughout his life. Worry about your own. I like you Red 6...but I'm not going to tell you how to live.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

OK Red 6, from one guy who used to be very overweight to another, I've got to tell you man that if you're happy with how you look then fair play, but a little exercise and some wise food choices will only make life that much sweeter.

In reality I was probably overweight to the point of actual obesity for years, age 9 until about age 17 when I actively started to make and effort to lose weight and tone up. In reality the hardest part is changing your life so you can get out of those patterns which lead to putting up weight. I know it sounds ridiculously simple, but trust me, if you try to give up fried food straight from the bat then you'd better have the willpower to do it. Stuff like salt, butter, gravy, all that stuff when cut out will make a huge difference, I know some of you will be reading this and thinking, but where does the flavour come from ? I'll tell you this, salt ruins the taste of food, if you like salt that much, eat it by itself.

Next, join a gym, or at least get active somehow, go for a walk or a job for half and hour every day, start doing sit ups and push ups. Trust me, for a guy who couldn't do a single push up to say his life a few years ago, it's going to take a lot of hard work. But in the end when you start to feel the new energy pumped into your body, you'll wonder how you ever even lived as you did.

I don't mean to preach to overweight people, but as someone who was very overweight a few years ago, I'm telling you, it's the best decision you'll make, ever. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

OK Red 6, from one guy who used to be very overweight to another, I've got to tell you man that if you're happy with how you look then fair play, but a little exercise and some wise food choices will only make life that much sweeter.

In reality I was probably overweight to the point of actual obesity for years, age 9 until about age 17 when I actively started to make and effort to lose weight and tone up. In reality the hardest part is changing your life so you can get out of those patterns which lead to putting up weight. I know it sounds ridiculously simple, but trust me, if you try to give up fried food straight from the bat then you'd better have the willpower to do it. Stuff like salt, butter, gravy, all that stuff when cut out will make a huge difference, I know some of you will be reading this and thinking, but where does the flavour come from ? I'll tell you this, salt ruins the taste of food, if you like salt that much, eat it by itself.

Next, join a gym, or at least get active somehow, go for a walk or a job for half and hour every day, start doing sit ups and push ups. Trust me, for a guy who couldn't do a single push up to say his life a few years ago, it's going to take a lot of hard work. But in the end when you start to feel the new energy pumped into your body, you'll wonder how you ever even lived as you did.

I don't mean to preach to overweight people, but as someone who was very overweight a few years ago, I'm telling you, it's the best decision you'll make, ever. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Here, here. I worked at McDonald's for a time, so fried food was only means of survival. Afterwards, I turned away and haven't looked back since. That doesn't mean that you should punish yourself (I just ate a marshmallow supreme) but food shouldn't be choked with salt and butter. My weight continues to fall off and I've never looked or felt better. Since I started dieting a year ago, not eating hordes of terrible foods just comes naturally. Like twinkies...I hate them. And donuts. One is ok, every few days, but beyond that, I'm totally turned off to them. Now, its all japanese food...mmm...[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest howsad
I am like 280 @ 14yrs old. Thats how I won my Dora picture from the fair.... I cheated I sucked in my stomach. Lol. So ha. lol. They thought I was skinnier. lol. then they thought I aam a drunk. lol Why would thay think that? :rolleyes:

Back in 6th and 7th grade i was 4'11, 160 pounds. One day my mom said something about my weight so i wanted to loss weight.

After going to the filipines(SP) i was down to 140...but i became bulimic. I started soccer and got down to 130.

Then a series of events that messed up my life, i was down too 112. But at the moment i am between 124-130. I have not grown at all still then, i think i messed my body because of bulimia. I look very young for my age but going to highschool and only 4'11 is kinda odd. I never really grew, even my 12 year old sis is taller and has a bigger chest then me :animedepr

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Here, here. I worked at McDonald's for a time, so fried food was only means of survival. [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] That's weird. I worked at McDonald's too and it had the opposite effect on me. I worked there 6 hours a day 5 days a week and I swore I would gag every time I walked by the fryers. Okay so I was between two months and four months pregnant when I worked there, but It really turned me off to fried food. Even now I don't eat it very often.

I went to my endocrinologist appointment today because I have a hyper active thyroid. I'm around 5'5 and I weigh 198. I'm supposed to weigh around 135, and I take medicine so I won't have extra problems like congetstive heart failure when I'm twenty-six.

My weight's been odd since sixth grade. I used to have a really fast metabolism and when I was 8 I only wieghed about 65 or so, but when I was 11 I was put on this one medication for my depression and it slowed down my metabolism and gave me a heart murmer. My pediatrician took me off of it and I've had a problem ever since.

I think my best weight was when I was in college- I walked everywhere and got down to about 155. Actually I'd like to get back down to that so I have started walking again. I'm also starting to attend a weigh management group tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

To anyone who is happy with their weight though I think more power to you. As long as you're healthy don't listen to everyone talking. [/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] That's weird. I worked at McDonald's too and it had the opposite effect on me. I worked there 6 hours a day 5 days a week and I swore I would gag every time I walked by the fryers. Okay so I was between two months and four months pregnant when I worked there, but It really turned me off to fried food. Even now I don't eat it very often.[/color'][/font][/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Oh, it totally turned me off to fried food. I must not have mentioned it. The smell of kitchen oil (or even grease) make me gag. I would rather eat my left hand than eat a big mac. But the place I worked at wouldn't let people leave on break, so you basically had to eat there. In all actually, my left hand is probably pretty nutritious and I don't use it all that often. Usually more as a paperweight. Well, that's a new option.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Being over weight has never been a problem for me. I?m not quite five feet tall and weight about 115lbs. My biggest problem is keeping weight on; primarily because I?ll get busy with school and work and completely forget to eat during the day. It?s not on purpose; I just don?t get hungry around lunchtime.

My parents worry about my health so they often send me protein bars and snacks for me to carry around so that I?ll always have something to eat if I need it. Now if I can just remember that I have them in my backpack and I?ll be set.

I usually do when I notice that my pants are getting on the loose side, so I make a point of eating them during the day since at that point it usually means I?ve dropped around ten pounds. I always hear how it?s hard to lose weight but for me it?s often hard to get those ten pounds back on since I dislike a lot of the more fattening foods and it?s harder to gain from the usual veggies, whole grains and lean meat that I prefer.

So in short usually twice a year I have to force myself to eat more to put it back on and once the weight?s back on I end up going back to what I usually do and then four months down the road it starts all over again. I suppose I should really work on not missing lunch so I can quit having to do the gain the weight back thing. It?s probably not healthy that I?m losing it in the first place. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Oh, it totally turned me off to fried food. I must not have mentioned it. The smell of kitchen oil (or even grease) make me gag. I would rather eat my left hand than eat a big mac.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Oh hell yeah, just the smell off grease now is enough to turn my stomach something awful and after watching Super Size Me, eating a Big Mac out of McDonalds is one of those things I'm very, very glad I stopped doing a long time ago. At least with a chicken fillet you're getting whole meat rather than something ground up with God knows what. I mean seriously, if you took everyone who loved fried and fast food into McDonalds and made them work there for two, three months, I guarantee they'd all turn to healthy foods afterwards.

When it comes to diets however, that's one word I really despise, diets are foul things because I don't think they solve the real problem for people who don't eat right, sure they lose weight, but then after they stop, it all comes back. Instead eating proper, healthy foods in moderation, combined with a good dose of exercise is the way to go, it's slower sure, but it'll stay off.[/SIZE]

This might be getting off topic...so yea...

I'm 14 yrs old and 5'0 tall and wiegh about 121 lbs. I have excess fat around my stomach and I'm guessing my upper thighs? When I was in the second grade I was pretty thin because I had a certain babysitter who didn't let me eat whatever. But then she ended moving and being in the third grade I still needed a babysitter. So we got a new babysitter and this one pretty much let me eat whatever (and when you get that kind of freedom in third grade you're BOUND to go overboard) and I went overboard and started getting heavy but I didn't really care. Then towards the end of fifth grade the babysitter couldn't babysit for me any more so I got my own key and started going straight home after school. But I've pretty much kept the weight on since with time to time of getting a bit slimmer then something ended happening and I'd eat more then I normally could or should. About a few months I was at home with my dog Baha and I just got up and started making a ton of food. Two packets of ramen, two hotdogs and two bagels. I ate the noodles dry then ate the bagels without anything on them and ate half of one of the hot dogs. I then drank a huge cup of diet pepsi. For some reason there will be a time when I'm at home and just go on a binge and eat abunch of carbs. With my friends,they go on candy binges but with me it's the carbs (ie bagels, rolls, pasta, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts) I won't say that I haven't gone on a candy binge or two because I have. My mom keeps telling me that we're going to go to Curves. I'm pretty sure it doesn't help that I have major rage issues that come and go like as often as Bush makes a stupid remark.Most times I can hide my rage by appearing calm on the outside (there has been times when I've gone off the handle) And often when I get like that and feel like I can't do anything about it I eat. I've tried to stop I really have but it seems I can't. Anyone got any ideas?

[QUOTE=Starfire0567]This might be getting off topic...so yea...

I'm 14 yrs old and 5'0 tall and wiegh about 121 lbs. I have excess fat around my stomach and I'm guessing my upper thighs? When I was in the second grade I was pretty thin because I had a certain babysitter who didn't let me eat whatever. But then she ended moving and being in the third grade I still needed a babysitter. So we got a new babysitter and this one pretty much let me eat whatever (and when you get that kind of freedom in third grade you're BOUND to go overboard) and I went overboard and started getting heavy but I didn't really care. Then towards the end of fifth grade the babysitter couldn't babysit for me any more so I got my own key and started going straight home after school. But I've pretty much kept the weight on since with time to time of getting a bit slimmer then something ended happening and I'd eat more then I normally could or should. About a few months I was at home with my dog Baha and I just got up and started making a ton of food. Two packets of ramen, two hotdogs and two bagels. I ate the noodles dry then ate the bagels without anything on them and ate half of one of the hot dogs. I then drank a huge cup of diet pepsi. For some reason there will be a time when I'm at home and just go on a binge and eat abunch of carbs. With my friends,they go on candy binges but with me it's the carbs (ie bagels, rolls, pasta, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts) I won't say that I haven't gone on a candy binge or two because I have. My mom keeps telling me that we're going to go to Curves. I'm pretty sure it doesn't help that I have major rage issues that come and go like as often as Bush makes a stupid remark.Most times I can hide my rage by appearing calm on the outside (there has been times when I've gone off the handle) And often when I get like that and feel like I can't do anything about it I eat. I've tried to stop I really have but it seems I can't. Anyone got any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Running is a good thing to try. This past week I went running a good 3 miles every other day and I lost 4 pounds (that's a whole lot for me). It's also a really good way to blow off some steam, especially if you're running while listening to some music or just running in nature. Walking is good too.

[quote name='Jubei Yagyou']Running is a good thing to try. This past week I went running a good 3 miles every other day and I lost 4 pounds (that's a whole lot for me). It's also a really good way to blow off some steam, especially if you're running while listening to some music or just running in nature. Walking is good too.[/quote]
I'm going to start walking more because I swear when I run I look like Zoey (ichigu) from MMP when she's running and that annoys me to no end. Thanks for the advice ^-^

[quote name='Starfire0567'] I've tried to stop I really have but it seems I can't. Anyone got any ideas?[/quote]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Watch your calorie intake. Try to keep your daily intake under 1500. AVOID POPTARTS. At 200 calories a tart, they add up fast. Eat fruits and meats. Avois dairy products, as they tend to be high in fat. Avoid low-grade meats, like hamburger, as they too tend to be high-fat. If its a good-quality hamburger (not fast-food; grilled), have at it. Carbs aren't bad. Eat them and sugars in the morning. Eat protein at night. Carbs and sugars give you energy, which can be negative late at night. Hope I helped and good luck![/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Watch your calorie intake. Try to keep your daily intake under 1500. AVOID POPTARTS. At 200 calories a tart, they add up fast. Eat fruits and meats. Avois dairy products, as they tend to be high in fat. Avoid low-grade meats, like hamburger, as they too tend to be high-fat. If its a good-quality hamburger (not fast-food; grilled), have at it. Carbs aren't bad. Eat them and sugars in the morning. Eat protein at night. Carbs and sugars give you energy, which can be negative late at night. Hope I helped and good luck![/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
Thanks :animesmil but I have a question. You said to avoid dairy products...Should I drink soy milk instead? Whenever my mom makes hamburgers,she makes them on the stove rather then on a grill seeing as how we live in an apartment. Does that make it "fast food" or in a way grilled? :animestun

[quote name='Starfire0567']Thanks :animesmil but I have a question. You said to avoid dairy products...Should I drink soy milk instead? Whenever my mom makes hamburgers,she makes them on the stove rather then on a grill seeing as how we live in an apartment. Does that make it "fast food" or in a way grilled? :animestun[/quote]

[SIZE=1]In terms of daily, I personally think it's better to reduce what you are drinking down to a good level, say no more than two normal sized glasses a day than to switch to the likes of Soy milk.

As for the grilled food, grilled is by far a better alternative to frying and should be done wherever possible. By on the stove, do you mean in a pan or something ? [/SIZE]

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Watch your calorie intake. Try to keep your daily intake under 1500. AVOID POPTARTS. At 200 calories a tart, they add up fast. Eat fruits and meats. Avois dairy products, as they tend to be high in fat. Avoid low-grade meats, like hamburger, as they too tend to be high-fat. If its a good-quality hamburger (not fast-food; grilled), have at it. Carbs aren't bad. Eat them and sugars in the morning. Eat protein at night. Carbs and sugars give you energy, which can be negative late at night. Hope I helped and good luck![/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

I agree. But to add to that, try to stay away from too much red meat. Instead of a regular hamburger, [B]try lean turkey burgers made by yourself[/B]. And yes, grilling is the best way to go, but its okay to stick it in the oven. Also, carbs ARE good, but, [B]too much bad carbs such as sugars is a nightmare[/B]. Simple sugars in cereals, pop tarts, fruit snacks are evil. Fruits are excellent in moderation, but too much can also be bad. If you crave a fruit snack or something with lots of sugar, [B]freeze some grapes[/B]. Frozen grapes forces you to eat it slowly so you can enjoy the sugar. And for the last tip, [B]try not to eat past 6 o' clock.[/B] Your metabolism slows down during the day and if you eat 3-4 hours before you sleep those calories you take in are wasted energy. Again, these are just good habits to try out, if they don't work try doing something on your own.