OtakuBoards

Weight.

Jubei Yagyou

[QUOTE]As for the grilled food, grilled is by far a better alternative to frying and should be done wherever possible. By on the stove, do you mean in a pan or something ? [/QUOTE]
Yep in a pan.

[QUOTE]I agree. But to add to that, try to stay away from too much red meat. Instead of a regular hamburger, try lean turkey burgers made by yourself. And yes, grilling is the best way to go, but its okay to stick it in the oven. Also, carbs ARE good, but, too much bad carbs such as sugars is a nightmare. Simple sugars in cereals, pop tarts, fruit snacks are evil. Fruits are excellent in moderation, but too much can also be bad. If you crave a fruit snack or something with lots of sugar, freeze some grapes. Frozen grapes forces you to eat it slowly so you can enjoy the sugar. And for the last tip, try not to eat past 6 o' clock. Your metabolism slows down during the day and if you eat 3-4 hours before you sleep those calories you take in are wasted energy. Again, these are just good habits to try out, if they don't work try doing something on your own.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'll try your suggestions out!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]

*Reads the last few posts while eating poptarts at well past six*

No wonder I've gained weight lately.

Ah, well. It's leveled off quite nicely, anyways. And I've started training for a 60 mile walk I'm doing in October. So I should tone up soon enough.

[/size]

[quote name='Starfire0567']Yep in a pan.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]If you can, you should have your mother move her hamburger cooking to the oven on a grilling tray, that way all the nasty liquid fat is cooked out leaving it a much healthier meal.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']If you can, you should have your mother move her hamburger cooking to the oven on a grilling tray, that way all the nasty liquid fat is cooked out leaving it a much healthier meal.[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=Sienna]Why even bother making burgers if you're just going to suck out all the flavour like that?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']Why even bother making burgers if you're just going to suck out all the flavour like that?[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Flavour ? Are you kidding me ? If you like greasy burgers just toss the meat away and drink the fat out of the pan. I personally think they taste a hell of a lot better, on the very rare occasions when I actually eat a burger, with all the fat drained out of them. Same goes for sausages, rashers [bacon to the Yanks] and fried pudding, all taste way better grilled than fried. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1]Flavour ? Are you kidding me ? If you like greasy burgers just toss the meat away and drink the fat out of the pan. I personally think they taste a hell of a lot better, on the very rare occasions when I actually eat a burger, with all the fat drained out of them. Same goes for sausages, rashers [bacon to the Yanks'] and fried pudding, all taste way better grilled than fried. [/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=Sienna]

The whole flavour from grilling (I assume you mean on a barbecue) comes from the fat. The fat drips down onto the rocks (Volcanic, charcole, whathaveyou) and gets absorbed into the pores; the rocks get hot and the fat evaporates and goes back into the burger, thus making it taste better the more you use the barbecue. New barbecues (The ones with the metal plates instead of rocks) just don't do it for me.

When you make a burger with no fat it tastes bland as hell and you have to smother it in ketchup to make it taste good... Hamburgers are supposed to be big, greasy monsteous lumbs of meat, not health food. Either make them how they're supposed to be made or don't eat em.

BTW, McDonald's hamburger taste like ****, which is why I don't eat them.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']The whole flavour from grilling (I assume you mean on a barbecue) comes from the fat. The fat drips down onto the rocks (Volcanic, charcoal, whathaveyou) and gets absorbed into the pores; the rocks get hot and the fat evaporates and goes back into the burger, thus making it taste better the more you use the barbecue. New barbecues (The ones with the metal plates instead of rocks) just don't do it for me.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]No, I mean grilling in an oven. In terms of barbecue, we use a gas and coal one too, and I've always found them to taste less fatty than their pan or God-forbid deep-fat fried cousins. But as I said in my last post, I eat one maybe once a year, as if I'm going to eat ground beef, I prefer stuff like Bolognese where you're actually eating something partially good for you. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']When you make a burger with no fat it tastes bland as hell and you have to smother it in ketchup to make it taste good... Hamburgers are supposed to be big, greasy monstrous lumps of meat, not health food. Either make them how they're supposed to be made or don't eat em.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]That has to be the biggest load of bull, no pun intended, I've ever heard. I mean what you're literally saying is that the fat makes the taste, not the beef, if that's the case then there's absolutely no point in even grilling them. Buy a deep-fat frying, stick your burgers in there and enjoy man, because if you love fat, then you'll love it that way.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']BTW, McDonald's hamburger taste like ****, which is why I don't eat them.[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]We agree on something at least.[/SIZE]

Strangely enough, I've heard that one thing NOT to do while trying to lose weight is to fast for a day or two at a time. If you don't eat for a while, your metabolism gets a little lower to conserve energy... Which is also why eating a big breakfast first thing after you wake up is not a good idea.

For some other strange reason, I've been trying out all those tips some of you provided as well, even though I don't really need to lose weight. I'm 5'2" and weigh around 85 pounds, but I usually feel heavier than that... Maybe it's partially because I hate greasy foods, and I feel really uncomfortable when I'm full... People have said that I need to eat more--but I rarely listen anyway, and any more fat or muscle on me will just feel too weird for me anyway. The strange thing is that my metabolism isn't that high--and I have very little energy as well, so much that caffeine has no effect on me... But maybe I'm just different.

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']The whole flavour from grilling (I assume you mean on a barbecue) comes from the fat. The fat drips down onto the rocks (Volcanic, charcole, whathaveyou) and gets absorbed into the pores; the rocks get hot and the fat evaporates and goes back into the burger, thus making it taste better the more you use the barbecue. New barbecues (The ones with the metal plates instead of rocks) just don't do it for me.[/COLOR][/quote]

That's not necassarily true. Grilling on a barbeque has a distinct charred taste that isn't just the fat evaporating into the pores of the meat. You can grill anything and it will taste good, while still have that awesome grilled taste. Grilled pineapples is one my favorite grilled food.

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']When you make a burger with no fat it tastes bland as hell and you have to smother it in ketchup to make it taste good... Hamburgers are supposed to be big, greasy monsteous lumbs of meat, not health food. Either make them how they're supposed to be made or don't eat em.[/COLOR][/quote]

Hamburgers aren't [I] supposed[/I] to be anything. A lean hamburger is still a good hamburger, and if you prepare it with good spices and sauces it can taste even better than a fatty hamburger with no kick. Just because it doesn't have processed tomato paste with sugar and water doesn't mean it won't taste good. I say, make them the way you wan't them with the knowledge of what you're putting in your body or don't eat them at all.

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']When you make a burger with no fat it tastes bland as hell and you have to smother it in ketchup to make it taste good... Hamburgers are supposed to be big, greasy monsteous lumbs of meat, not health food. Either make them how they're supposed to be made or don't eat em.[/COLOR][/quote][size=1]If you don't like burgers anyway, just buy fat, drink that and let the cow live for one burger longer.[/size]