OtakuBoards

Remembering old school anime

Ice Dragon v2

Cool, "flip" pride :toothy:

I remember Voltron. It was one of my favorites along with Robotech [it was called that and not Macross in the Philippines.]

Hmm, I saw some of Daimos and Mazinger Z tho I wasn't really into them then.

[color=crimson]I used to watch Voltron and Samurai Pizza Cats. I watched Robotech, too, back in the day. It seems like there was more...Oh yeah! Thundercats!!!! *laughs* And when I was a kid, the first anime movie I saw was Akira. So I dont' remember what happened. It was in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep and the whole room was lit up in white light from the TV and I was just mesmerized by it. So yeah...[/color]

[color=indigo]Thundercats is anime?? :wow: No way.... I didn't know that! I still watch that show. Cartoon Network plays it here..... and I [i]think[/i] The Disney Channel does too.... maybe....:cross: [It [i]is[/i] the show with the two talking cats.... that live in a city.... full of talking cats.... and they fight a villian.... who is also a talking cat.... right? {Just checking:o}][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Thundercats is anime?? :wow: No way.... I didn't know that! I still watch that show. Cartoon Network plays it here..... and I [i]think[/i] The Disney Channel does too.... maybe....:cross: [It [i]is[/i] the show with the two talking cats.... that live in a city.... full of talking cats.... and they fight a villian.... who is also a talking cat.... right? {Just checking:o}][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]I really don't think you're talking about...TC is about this Lion dude with the others who's like a Puma and a Cheeta and they're on the Third Earth or something like that and they fight the villian named Mumra or something like that. Yours is so off...maybe Hecliff? Or however you spell it...[/color]

thundercats rules!that was so kewl!
thunderthunderthunderHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
i didnt know it was classed as anime then....

(galxy-girl i think ure talking about topcat or something?)
the first anime film i ever saw was akira also or it may have been venus wars...i dunno..?????

i remember pretty much all of those... didn't realize they were anime at the time, though, so i could've seen more & don't know it. i loved voltron & transformers (i always went for the decepticons, they were way cooler). i distinctly remember another show i loved that was produced by saban but i [I]can't for the life of me remember what it was! [/I]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i remember pretty much all of those... didn't realize they were anime at the time, though, so i could've seen more & don't know it. i loved voltron & transformers (i always went for the decepticons, they were way cooler). i distinctly remember another show i loved that was produced by saban but i [I]can't for the life of me remember what it was! [/I] [/B][/QUOTE]

what was the anime about? maybe I might know..:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson]I really don't think you're talking about...TC is about this Lion dude with the others who's like a Puma and a Cheeta and they're on the Third Earth or something like that and they fight the villian named Mumra or something like that. Yours is so off...maybe Hecliff? Or however you spell it...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]My mistake -_-..... I remember Tundercats now. It's the one with all the cat people; (Liono(sp?), Cheetara(sp?) and some others.... LOL) they have special powers, and have a little cat sidekick.... who always reminded me of a gremlin(annoying voice! narf narf..). O boy..... I'm rambling. :blackeye:

Heh heh.... Heathcliff(sp?) es la bomba! :freak:[/color]

I remember that they gave the Transformers here when i was very young, six or something, but then i didn't liked it, but since they gave last year Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball Z i'm a manga/anime freak. So i think i better go watch it someday again. Because whe have it on tape. :)

Umm... sorry to interupt your flashbacks, but for a series to be considered an Anime, doesn't it have to be made in Japan? Japanimation. I don't think TC was made in Japan. Usualy anime's charcters have Big eyes, that sort of thing. But if you see any og those shows, look in the credits for Japnese names, Japanese companies, ect... Then you can say its an anime. Well that's what I have always thought.

:smoke:

Guest Saiyaman
Isn't there a topic exactly about Old School Cartoons already? This just has remembering it in the title. It is like the exact same thing, But Teenage Mutant Turtles was/is cool.

I remember Samurai Pizza Cats..... never watched it a whole bunch though.........

Hey, what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? Don't they qualify in this topic as well? I coulda sworn there was anime influence in that show............ anyway, I watched that more than anything else (and Care Bears.... ^_^; )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]I remember Samurai Pizza Cats..... never watched it a whole bunch though.........

Hey, what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? Don't they qualify in this topic as well? I coulda sworn there was anime influence in that show............ anyway, I watched that more than anything else (and Care Bears.... ^_^; ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Care Bears, no, none, notta, zero, zip! But TMNT, I do believe there was a japanese name or two in there. I dun exactly think it's anime, but I consider it old school animation. It was soooo COOL!