Ice Dragon v2 Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 How many anime series/sagas do you remember in the good old days?? I remember: G-Force Voltron (the 80s version) Transformers (the 80s again) Thundercats Astroboy Samurai Pizza Cats and that's practically it. How many can you remember???
Mishi Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 Cool, "flip" pride :toothy: I remember Voltron. It was one of my favorites along with Robotech [it was called that and not Macross in the Philippines.] Hmm, I saw some of Daimos and Mazinger Z tho I wasn't really into them then.
Queen Asuka Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 [color=crimson]I used to watch Voltron and Samurai Pizza Cats. I watched Robotech, too, back in the day. It seems like there was more...Oh yeah! Thundercats!!!! *laughs* And when I was a kid, the first anime movie I saw was Akira. So I dont' remember what happened. It was in the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep and the whole room was lit up in white light from the TV and I was just mesmerized by it. So yeah...[/color]
Mishi Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 Well, the first anime movie I saw was Nausicaa of the Valley but I had no idea it was anime =P and a Miyazaki at that! =P
Turkey Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 There's one animé that will always be in my heart: Conan The Future Kid...
~Mystical Pan~ Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 I watched Voltron, Transformers, and Thundercats. Mostly Thundercats....oh yes...memories...:)
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted December 22, 2001 Posted December 22, 2001 [color=indigo]Thundercats is anime?? :wow: No way.... I didn't know that! I still watch that show. Cartoon Network plays it here..... and I [i]think[/i] The Disney Channel does too.... maybe....:cross: [It [i]is[/i] the show with the two talking cats.... that live in a city.... full of talking cats.... and they fight a villian.... who is also a talking cat.... right? {Just checking:o}][/color]
Sara Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 [FONT=century gothic]The movie [i]My Neighbor Totoro[/i]. Loved it![/FONT]
Queen Asuka Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i] [B][color=indigo]Thundercats is anime?? :wow: No way.... I didn't know that! I still watch that show. Cartoon Network plays it here..... and I [i]think[/i] The Disney Channel does too.... maybe....:cross: [It [i]is[/i] the show with the two talking cats.... that live in a city.... full of talking cats.... and they fight a villian.... who is also a talking cat.... right? {Just checking:o}][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=crimson]I really don't think you're talking about...TC is about this Lion dude with the others who's like a Puma and a Cheeta and they're on the Third Earth or something like that and they fight the villian named Mumra or something like that. Yours is so off...maybe Hecliff? Or however you spell it...[/color]
Chi Chi Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 thundercats rules!that was so kewl! thunderthunderthunderHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! i didnt know it was classed as anime then.... (galxy-girl i think ure talking about topcat or something?) the first anime film i ever saw was akira also or it may have been venus wars...i dunno..?????
Dragonballzman Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 Venus Wars? Heh, there's some guy in the market where I live that has a comic book stall and he sells Venus Wars comics! :D Should I get one?
Lady Macaiodh Posted December 23, 2001 Posted December 23, 2001 i remember pretty much all of those... didn't realize they were anime at the time, though, so i could've seen more & don't know it. i loved voltron & transformers (i always went for the decepticons, they were way cooler). i distinctly remember another show i loved that was produced by saban but i [I]can't for the life of me remember what it was! [/I]
~Mystical Pan~ Posted December 24, 2001 Posted December 24, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]i remember pretty much all of those... didn't realize they were anime at the time, though, so i could've seen more & don't know it. i loved voltron & transformers (i always went for the decepticons, they were way cooler). i distinctly remember another show i loved that was produced by saban but i [I]can't for the life of me remember what it was! [/I] [/B][/QUOTE] what was the anime about? maybe I might know..:)
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted December 27, 2001 Posted December 27, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B] [color=crimson]I really don't think you're talking about...TC is about this Lion dude with the others who's like a Puma and a Cheeta and they're on the Third Earth or something like that and they fight the villian named Mumra or something like that. Yours is so off...maybe Hecliff? Or however you spell it...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]My mistake -_-..... I remember Tundercats now. It's the one with all the cat people; (Liono(sp?), Cheetara(sp?) and some others.... LOL) they have special powers, and have a little cat sidekick.... who always reminded me of a gremlin(annoying voice! narf narf..). O boy..... I'm rambling. :blackeye: Heh heh.... Heathcliff(sp?) es la bomba! :freak:[/color]
9mm Avenger Posted December 28, 2001 Posted December 28, 2001 Um...i remeber Pizza Samiria Cats..And G-Force and Voltron...
Guest Akito Posted December 28, 2001 Posted December 28, 2001 I've seen all them, not the whole series, just bits and peices of the series, thats how i began getting into anime!
Sailor Meike Posted December 28, 2001 Posted December 28, 2001 I remember that they gave the Transformers here when i was very young, six or something, but then i didn't liked it, but since they gave last year Digimon, Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball Z i'm a manga/anime freak. So i think i better go watch it someday again. Because whe have it on tape. :)
Ryuujin Posted December 28, 2001 Posted December 28, 2001 Umm... sorry to interupt your flashbacks, but for a series to be considered an Anime, doesn't it have to be made in Japan? Japanimation. I don't think TC was made in Japan. Usualy anime's charcters have Big eyes, that sort of thing. But if you see any og those shows, look in the credits for Japnese names, Japanese companies, ect... Then you can say its an anime. Well that's what I have always thought. :smoke:
~*Sakura*~ Posted December 31, 2001 Posted December 31, 2001 Pizza SamuiriaCats is pretty old........... but I like it............... are there any channels that still show Pizza Samuria Cats?
Guest Saiyaman Posted December 31, 2001 Posted December 31, 2001 Isn't there a topic exactly about Old School Cartoons already? This just has remembering it in the title. It is like the exact same thing, But Teenage Mutant Turtles was/is cool.
Posthumous Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 Hmmm.... I remember G-Force Voltron (the 80s version) Transformers (the 80s again) Thundercats Samurai Pizza Cats
Kent Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 im only 20 so im not sure what the old school officially is, but ronin warriors was pretty good, way back before cartoon network got it.
Anna Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 I remember Samurai Pizza Cats..... never watched it a whole bunch though......... Hey, what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? Don't they qualify in this topic as well? I coulda sworn there was anime influence in that show............ anyway, I watched that more than anything else (and Care Bears.... ^_^; )
Guest Akito Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i] [B]I remember Samurai Pizza Cats..... never watched it a whole bunch though......... Hey, what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?? Don't they qualify in this topic as well? I coulda sworn there was anime influence in that show............ anyway, I watched that more than anything else (and Care Bears.... ^_^; ) [/B][/QUOTE] Care Bears, no, none, notta, zero, zip! But TMNT, I do believe there was a japanese name or two in there. I dun exactly think it's anime, but I consider it old school animation. It was soooo COOL!
Kent Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 its got major anime themes and i believe the show came from an even older comic book. -on teen age mutant ninja turtles. kent.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now