OtakuBoards

Superficiality

The13thMan

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I was wondering, how superficial are you? What do you think of superficiality? How important is what's on the outside and what's on the inside?

Personally i'd say we're all a bit superficial, even if we're not willing to admit it. Though, in my case, i'm very willing to admit it. I'm superficial. I'm concerned about what's on the outside. But to say that i'm concerned with outer appearance doesn't mean i don't care about what's hidden beneath. It's quite the opposite, i believe both are important, though not equal.

So here's a question i thought of the other day while in the shower. Would you rather smell good and be dirty or smell bad and be clean? I think most of us should have the same answer...but maybe not. You guys are an odd bunch here on otaku after all. ^L^ I mean that as a compliment.

So, what do you guys think?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]You can have a stunning personality, but if you look horrid, I'm not even to consider you romantically. I think it's that way for most folks even if they don't want to admit it. However, it's natural and healthy to think that way. Our (men's) minds naturally tend towards those with smooth skin, indictative of health, and curves, indictative of childbearing ability. But don't go overboard with it. Just caring about looks can put you in a world of trouble.

I'm willing to say that looks matter more than personality. For instance, if someone had just an amazing personality but looked outright disgusting, no one would even go near them. However, if someone looked like a goddess and was actually a serious *****, no one would care. She'd be the toast of the town, with all the guys fawning over her. If I could just pull out some pseudo-math, if personality=100% and looks=0% in a person, that person will be unappealing at best. If personality=0% but looks=100%, they will recieve attention. This can only mean that looks have subconscious priority in choosing a partner.

I think I'd rather smell clean and be dirty than be clean but smell dirty. Most of what matters is people's perception of you, and as long as they percieve you to be clean that's basically all that matters.

If you're clean but smell dirty, no one's going to give you a chance to see if you're actually clean. They smell will drive them away.
[/size]

[COLOR=Sienna]If by 'Are you superficial,' 'Do you care what you look like?' then the answer is a definate and resounding no. Seriously, I don't care, at all. I have one pair of pants - a 2-year old pair of tattered track pants - that I wash every week or so. I wear unironed button shirts with bent collers. I have 3-year old, incredibly foul-smelling shoes with holes in the toe and a missing sole. My hair is greasy and rarley washed, and I generally smell like someone who pays little heed to hygein.

And your question confuzzles me. If you were dirty, wouldn't you smell 'bad,' and if you were clean, wouldn't you smell 'good'? Although, in answer to your question, I would prefer to smell bad and be clean because I like to be offensive to at least one sense at all times.

While we're on the subject of smells, and I the only person who finds the smell of Axe (And it's clones) absolutly stifling? Guess it's designed to work on women or sumtin'...

I'm not a very superficial person, I don't really care what people look like or what they ware or how they smell, I just care about who they are. Shame I'm a minority in this part of the world, but what can you do...
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]I have one pair of pants - a 2-year old pair of tattered track pants - that I wash every week or so. I wear unironed button shirts with bent collers. I have 3-year old, incredibly foul-smelling shoes with holes in the toe and a missing sole. My hair is greasy and rarley washed, and I generally smell like someone who pays little heed to hygein.

Shame I'm a minority in this part of the world, but what can you do...
[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]It's a shame?[/size]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']If by 'Are you superficial,' 'Do you care what you look like?' then the answer is a definate and resounding no. Seriously, I don't care, at all. I have one pair of pants - a 2-year old pair of tattered track pants - that I wash every week or so. I wear unironed button shirts with bent collers. I have 3-year old, incredibly foul-smelling shoes with holes in the toe and a missing sole. My hair is greasy and rarley washed, and I generally smell like someone who pays little heed to hygein.[/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]Soap + hot water = your friends.

[QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]And your question confuzzles me. If you were dirty, wouldn't you smell 'bad,' and if you were clean, wouldn't you smell 'good'? Although, in answer to your question, I would prefer to smell bad and be clean because I like to be offensive to at least one sense at all times.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I believe he means either philosophically clean v. dirty. If you "smell" clean, or people percieve you to be good/nice/clean, but you're really the opposite versus people percieve you to be ugly/dirty, but you're really nice.[/size]

[QUOTE]It's a shame?[/QUOTE] [COLOR=Sienna]

Indeed. Too many people are all obsessed about how they look or about how other people perceive them. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Soap + hot water = your friends.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Pfft, I don't need soap or hot water, I've got more friends than I want already.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I believe he means either philosophically clean v. dirty. If you "smell" clean, or people percieve you to be good/nice/clean, but you're really the opposite versus people percieve you to be ugly/dirty, but you're really nice.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna][I]Oh[/I] . Ok, I get it. Probably the second one.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]When it comes to superficiality, i believe the closest i come (and it's probably a rather profound example) is needing a girl to be somewhat attractive for me to consider going out with or doing anything physically or romantically. By no means is it the most important thing, but what is on the outside for us humans is undeniably the bait which entices us to even want to make the decision to try and get to know more about the person. This is true of everyone, and anyone that says othewise is simply lying. It is nothing to feel guilty or ashamed about because it is our nature, and it at times leads to what we come to value as our required standards beyond physical attraction.

Personality, sense of humor, conversating skills...or my personal number 1 standard [b]intellegence[/b], these are all aspects of the opposite (or same, no discimination here) sex that we want and desire, but physical attration to any degree be it from a "Oh, she's cute" to a 'Wow, she's GD sexy!" serves as the floodgate. Before a word can even be heard from the person's mouth or an action can be performed that makes you believe she or he is anything other then good looking (i.e holding a door open showing you that she/he is polite or fixing something showing you that she/he is handy) what the person looks like is the absolute first thing that is noticed, whether people want to admit it or not. If this is superficiality in the eyes of others then so be it, but i choose to embrace the reality of it and anyone i've ever explained that too has understood where i'm coming from or agreed.

Knowing ourselves and what we want will prevent us from being ignorant or uncertain in tight situations involving how to approach or carry on a relationship with another. So long as the only requirement that somebody has of their significant other is NOT physical attraction, i do not believe it to be superficial...but it is as i said, the closest i am to it is probably that.

[/FONT]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Our (men's) minds naturally tend towards those with smooth skin, indictative of health, and curves, indictative of childbearing ability.[/size][/quote][SIZE=1]Oh I'm sure when men see women with curves the first thing that comes to their minds is childbearing. :animeswea

As for my opinion on the subject, I think everyone has to feel attractive to their partner yes, but thats different then being superficial. Superficial to me is being extremely shallow and caring about only looks, thinking your better then someone because your perceived as 'attractive'. Honestly, I'm a picky person when it comes to the opposite sex however my boyfriend wasn't exactly the type I usually go for. I have to disagree with Retribution when I say [i]personality can make you appear attractive[/i]. He stood out to me because of his awesome personality. I've known lots of guys to date girls who I've thought also we're highly unattractive.

Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to if someone is attractive or not. I honestly get tired of guys who say "Oh your gorgeous" (not being conceited here) because to me it's more of a cop-out. Being gorgeous might help you with shallow people, but a personality can also make you appear to be more attractive. A good example is a girl at my work who clearly isn't exactly a model, but she's got a cute personality that makes her stand out from a crowd. If you have a cute face, but you have nothing unique about you, people are more inclined to either get bored of you, or take advantage of you. That's about it. If you say that looks is all that matters, then you'd be wrong. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Pumpkin][SIZE=1']Oh I'm sure when men see women with curves the first thing that comes to their minds is childbearing. :animeswea [/quote][/size]

[color=crimson]No, not to their minds. To their primal subconscious [you have one, for reals].

First thing that comes to their minds is probably something like: ":animenose"[/color]

[quote name='Red 6][COLOR=Sienna']Indeed. Too many people are all obsessed about how they look or about how other people perceive them. [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson]Difference between basic hygiene/a reasonable appearance and looking/smelling like a homeless person.

So, no. It's not a shame. It's a shame there are people on either extreme: people like you and people who primp themselves up, becoming far too concerned with their own appearance and other's.[/color]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]If by 'Are you superficial,' 'Do you care what you look like?' then the answer is a definate and resounding no. Seriously, I don't care, at all. I have one pair of pants - a 2-year old pair of tattered track pants - that I wash every week or so. I wear unironed button shirts with bent collers. I have 3-year old, incredibly foul-smelling shoes with holes in the toe and a missing sole. My hair is greasy and rarley washed, and I generally smell like someone who pays little heed to hygein.

And your question confuzzles me. If you were dirty, wouldn't you smell 'bad,' and if you were clean, wouldn't you smell 'good'? Although, in answer to your question, I would prefer to smell bad and be clean because I like to be offensive to at least one sense at all times.

While we're on the subject of smells, and I the only person who finds the smell of Axe (And it's clones) absolutly stifling? Guess it's designed to work on women or sumtin'...

I'm not a very superficial person, I don't really care what people look like or what they ware or how they smell, I just care about who they are. Shame I'm a minority in this part of the world, but what can you do...
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Ah, good ol' Red 6, i knew if anybody was going to be the extreme opposite of my own opinion it would be you. ^L^ That's why i'm so glad you posted.

I'll try my best not to be mean, cuz you do seem like a pretty cool person.

Personally, your wardrobe scares me... I think we need to get the extreme makeover people over there to get you some nicer clothes. Jesus Christ, one pair of pants?! What do you wear when you're washing those pants?! Ew...

I've always considered myself to be a realist, and anybody that knows me would say the same thing. In reality, appearance matters to everybody. Of all the people in the world, only a very small percent will actually get to know you, the rest will simply judge you based on your apearance. Appearance is also what largely makes up the first impression, which is quite important.

If you truly want to be successful in life then every aspect of your own self will be as polished as possible. Whether looks should be important isn't up for debate, they are important. If you go to a job interview dressed and smelling like a slob, there's no way in hell you'll be hired. If you're trying to impress your girlfriend's parents you better not smell like rotten eggs and dirty diapers. If you're trying to get a girlfriend for that matter...

[QUOTE=Pumpkin]
Superficial to me is being extremely shallow and caring about only looks, thinking your better then someone because your perceived as 'attractive'. [/QUOTE]

Although i understand where you're coming from i'm going to have to disagree with this statement. To be one does not mean you cannot be another. Why can't you care about both looks and personality? I know i care about both. I'm superficial, but i totally understand that looks aren't everything. As a matter of fact, i'd say the ratio between the two fluctuate throughout a relationship. At first looks are the most important thing, then personality starts mattering. When a relationship gets to a stage such as marriage then the two should be equally as important. And in the long run the personality is what's going to matter most. Anyways, to put it simply, i believe we need to be balanced. To be totally superficial or the other way around is a mistake.

Later.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Ah, good ol' Red 6, i knew if anybody was going to be the extreme opposite of my own opinion it would be you. ^L^ That's why i'm so glad you posted. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Good ol'... uhh... 13thDude. Always around to disagree with and so and such...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I'll try my best not to be mean, cuz you do seem like a pretty cool person. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Oh, be still my fluttering heart, be still.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Personally, your wardrobe scares me...[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=sienna]Then the intended effect is achieved.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]I think we need to get the extreme makeover people over there to get you some nicer clothes.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Sienna]Extreme Makeover: Trailer Park Boys edition I could maybe go for...

[/COLOR]

[QUOTE] Jesus Christ, one pair of pants?! What do you wear when you're washing those pants?! Ew...[/QUOTE][COLOR=sienna]

Hey, if I had it my way, every day would be pants washing day.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]In reality, appearance matters to everybody.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Evidently not, since I have a rather solid group of friends and buddies despite my homless appearance.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Of all the people in the world, only a very small percent will actually get to know you, the rest will simply judge you based on your apearance.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Good. If someone bases their opinion on me based on how I look, I don't really care if they're my friend or not. Besides, I don't want any more friends, I'm not a major people person.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]If you truly want to be successful in life then every aspect of your own self will be as polished as possible.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Success takes a back-seat to feeling good, and I feel really damn good, dirty pants and all. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE] If you go to a job interview dressed and smelling like a slob, there's no way in hell you'll be hired.[/QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]

Well obviously if I was going to get a job I'd clean up my act, because that's how I get money. Money = buying stuff, which = feelin' good. But anything that doesn't involve me getting paid, I don't care how I look or smell or whatever.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Why can't you care about both looks and personality?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
There's no reason you can't, it's just that generally if you're superficial you'll look at someone and use looks as a major part of juding. You could say "Well, I love your personality and you're the perfect person for me, but I don't like the pants... passe." The two traits have a lot of trouble co-existing.[/COLOR][URL=http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2006/02/15/trailer_park_cp_5597582.jpg]Seriously, I look just like Ricky... (Guy in middle)[/URL]

[quote name='Pumpkin][SIZE=1']Oh I'm sure when men see women with curves the first thing that comes to their minds is childbearing. :animeswea [/size][/quote]
[size=1]I'm gonna be completely honest. Subconsciously, the guy thinks about having sex and leaving when he sees an extremely hot girl. This is an instinctive urge so that more humans are born. Of course, a man wouldn't want to waste time on a woman who would appear infertile (old, unattractive possibly due to diseases) when he could have sex with a girl who has a higher probability to bear his children. But of course, no sane guy consciously wants a kid when he first sees a girl. Heh.

[QUOTE][size=1]I have to disagree with Retribution when I say [i]personality can make you appear attractive[/i]. He stood out to me because of his awesome personality. I've known lots of guys to date girls who I've thought also we're highly unattractive.[/size][/QUOTE]
You're partially right. My main thrust is that personality cannot add what is not there. For instance, if you look ugly but you have a pretty cool personality, most will not be able to get past the physical component. Granted, if you're average or decent looking, a personality can push you over the edge and into the clear, but no amount of personality can compensate for a total lack of a body/face.

But take my word for a grain of salt. I speak only for myself.[/size]

Heheh! They say that first impressions are everything! Humans are very visual creatures. Most of my friends are metropolitan clubbers, mostly homosexuals, who converse gaily with their friends about very superficial themes--hair, fashion, gossip, whose sleeping with whom. . . etc. Superficial, however, doesn't mean evil. THey are very honest about their superficiality. Gotta admire that. (And I've been told numerous times when my hair is less than perfect, or when my deodorant is on the verge of the fail mark, and yet, I am still graced by their presence.)
Superficiality, to me, however, is the point when a human being is too tired and lazy to keep up the pretense at altruism. Let's face it--most humans are not unconditional lovers. Some people just take it to a higher extreme than others.

[SIZE=1]As far as the 'personality does not make attractive' argument goes, I really have to disagree. There's this presenter we have over here in the UK; Jeremy Clarkson. Now, he really isn't what you'd call an attractive specimen, however, his personality is simply amazing. I adore the man and, if I was around the age of my late-forties and approached by him in a bar, I'd honestly be swept off my feet.

I know that there aren't many people who are like that, but it's not impossible. I look for a guy to be attractive but also to have intelligence and a good personality. I wouldn't ever go for someone who was 100% attractive and at the same time a complete prat. (Been there, done that, burnt the T-Shirt.) However, at the same time, I wouldn?t be immediately attracted to a man with a load of personality but no good looks. Over time I may grow to like him and look past the way he is physically, but as far as immediate physical attraction goes, it would be a no.

I don?t think superficiality is making yourself look good, I think it?s making yourself into something you?re not. I don?t think I?m superficial at all, sure I wear some make-up and I dye my hair, but I?m doing it because [B]I[/B] like the way I look now?not because I want others to think I look fantastic. I?m past the point now of wanting many guys to find me attractive because life just [I]isn?t that nice to me[/I]. I think it?s a shame when all that a girl wants is to have others think she looks great at, perhaps, the expense of her reputation.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]If personality doesn't make someone attractive, why were so many women back in the 1970s entranced by Bon Scott? That man was an ugly ************, but he oozed charisma, and women loved him for it. Physical appearance is important, yes, but it's hardly everything and the human brain doesn't switch off when it engages someone ugly - we are kind of beyond that point, we don't act completely on instinct like animals. And if guys are using that as an excuse as to why they never get to know homelier women, then I guess that makes them animals. Yes ladies, you heard it here first - it's true, us men are dogs.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote=ziggy cygnus 6][COLOR=Sienna]
Success takes a back-seat to feeling good, and I feel really damn good, dirty pants and all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]

Well obviously if I was going to get a job I'd clean up my act, because that's how I get money. Money = buying stuff, which = feelin' good. But anything that doesn't involve me getting paid, I don't care how I look or smell or whatever.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna]
There's no reason you can't, it's just that generally if you're superficial you'll look at someone and use looks as a major part of juding. You could say "Well, I love your personality and you're the perfect person for me, but I don't like the pants... passe." The two traits have a lot of trouble co-existing.[/COLOR][/URL][/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this.

unfortuanetally, I have trouble following through. I don't take time at all to make myself look good, but I maintain a certain style so that I can be recognized as part of a certain click. But I won't change something about myself just because someone wants me to. (people have been telling me to cut or straighten my hair since kindergarden :p)

[color=#35425e][size=1]tl;dr
[QUOTE=The13thMan][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Would you rather smell good and be dirty or smell bad and be clean?
[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I choose the former. I'm not as much a neat freak as I am intolerant of noxious fumes. Also dirty = bath time fun.Applies to my men as well.[/size][/cOLOR]

[size=1]It's sad. Where I live, not many people realize or pay very much attention to such things as being superficial. They go about their lives controlled by outside influences and have lost sight of who they are within, thus becoming what everyone wants.

There are some though, that focus more upon both their inner and outer appearence. We have mostly every stereotype imaginable, except for that Chav thing. What I see for the most part is that everyone in my town has a powerful outer appearence, but it's only the rebellious people such as the punks who have varied inner appearences.

I think for the most part, I'd choose to smeel clean and be dirty.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']You're partially right. My main thrust is that personality cannot add what is not there. For instance, if you look ugly but you have a pretty cool personality, most will not be able to get past the physical component. Granted, if you're average or decent looking, a personality can push you over the edge and into the clear, but no amount of personality can compensate for a total lack of a body/face.[/size][/quote][SIZE=1]I never said the person would be totally ugly, but a personality can make you appear more attractive to the human eye. Looks and personality are a package, you have to have both to make the relationship work. Keep in mind, everyone has their own idea what "beautiful" is.

[quote name='The13thMan][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Although i understand where you're coming from i'm going to have to disagree with this statement. To be one does not mean you cannot be another. Why can't you care about both looks and personality? I know i care about both. I'm superficial, but i totally understand that looks aren't everything. As a matter of fact, i'd say the ratio between the two fluctuate throughout a relationship. At first looks are the most important thing, then personality starts mattering. When a relationship gets to a stage such as marriage then the two should be equally as important. And in the long run the personality is what's going to matter most. Anyways, to put it simply, i believe we need to be balanced. To be totally superficial or the other way around is a mistake.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never mean't to say looks WERE not important, and yes they are the first thing you notice. However, the word "superficial" to me is caring only about looks to details.

[quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']I know that there aren't many people who are like that, but it's not impossible. I look for a guy to be attractive but also to have intelligence and a good personality. I wouldn't ever go for someone who was 100% attractive and at the same time a complete prat. (Been there, done that, burnt the T-Shirt.) However, at the same time, I wouldn?t be immediately attracted to a man with a load of personality but no good looks. Over time I may grow to like him and look past the way he is physically, but as far as immediate physical attraction goes, it would be a no.[/SIZE][/quote]As far as this goes, Ezekiel hit it on the dot for me. She pretty much explained my own opinion but in a different light. Kudos.

As far as looking good for others, I use to do the same and got the WRONG kind of attention. Being yourself, and finding a look thats unique actually will attract more people to you. I think its a shame that girls have to go through certain stereotypes of what beautiful is, to the way you wear your hair to the clothes that you pick out. Oh and I'd rather be clean on the outside and dirty on the inside, just because I'm a hygiene freak. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never mean't to say looks WERE not important, and yes they are the first thing you notice. However, the word "superficial" to me is caring only about looks to details.

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Would you care to define the word only? Cuz when you say ...However, the word "superficial" to me is caring ONLY about looks to detail... i get this idea in my mind that tells me that you think the word superficial is only caring about looks to detail. Maybe that's just me.

When you say "only" you exclude everything else.

All in all though your response was weak and confusing. ^L^ No offense. And actually, i didn't mean any offense in my initial post either. I was only saying i disagree then stating why.

Anyways, yeah...i gotta go to class now, i'll post more later.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=1]

As far as looking good for others, I use to do the same and got the WRONG kind of attention. Being yourself, and finding a look thats unique actually will attract more people to you. I think its a shame that girls have to go through certain stereotypes of what beautiful is, to the way you wear your hair to the clothes that you pick out. Oh and I'd rather be clean on the outside and dirty on the inside, just because I'm a hygiene freak. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]You'll never see a more abundant example of this then where I live. NYC houses some of the most superficial girls in the world, and this describes not only their personalities but is expressed in their appearence as well. What bugs me the most about it though is when a girl complains that they are being perceived as an object or that they are only liked for their looks...and yet the way they dress dictates to people that they in fact want this kind of attention. But in order to decrease the shame they feel in it, through words they will express dismay over it. And while in some instances it may be comfort, i have plenty of female friends who personally tell me that half the stuff they wear to appear attractive are not comfortable whatsoever. No to mention half the stuff dosen't look comfortable to the eye anyway (it may look attractive, but not comfortable).

In addition to that and on a similar subject I will also say, Pumpkin...you're one of the very few girls that I know of who likes high heels as much as you do (I read your post in the "Shoes" thread). Or atleast i hear a lot of "Wow they look really cute" and then after wearing them i hear "Ouch these things hurt like a *****!". But personally...i love high heels on a girl.

As for me when it comes to how i want to look, i also agree that enforcing your own style and paying more attention to that then to what to wear in order to gain the favor of others is the way to go. Though i do understand that the standards are different between males and females and the way they perceive that "rule". I'm pretty much a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy, with the occaisonal sweater or hoodie when it's cold, and basketball or jean shorts with a wifebeater when it's hot. These are all things i wear because they are comfortable, or accomodating dependent on the atmosphere.

Aside from clothing however...i have to admit that I CAN be a bit anal about my hair...my friend likes to call me a pretty boy but it's nowhere near as bad as she makes it out to seem. Nothing at all to claim that i'm superficial about. My hair is usually spiked, so i always want to make sure that it looks alright (when it gets longer it tends to become unruley as well)...it's really more about appearing presentable rather then attractive. I don't like going out looking like a slob or like I just woke up, unless i'm just going to a friend's house. When it comes to my facial hair it's usually everything shaved except for the beard, or i just shave the sideburns thin and let them lead down to the beard, and sometimes (not often) i will shave everything completely. That may be more about appearence than comfort, but i am a very...very hairy person when it comes to facial hair. If i let it grow out all the way, i'll be looking like son of ZZ top. So i don't think it's such a bad thing that i like to keep that under control :D [/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma'] What bugs me the most about it though is when a girl complains that they are being perceived as an object or that they are only liked for their looks...and yet the way they dress dictates to people that they in fact want this kind of attention. [/font][/quote]
[COLOR=Sienna]
I agree completely. Especially those girls who wear those "Hug Me" or "Let's Get Naked" shirts, and then, when you comply, they act all surprised. The worst have to be the ones who have "Read This" on their breasts and then act all offended when you look... That's just frustrating.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]
I agree completely. Especially those girls who wear those "Hug Me" or "Let's Get Naked" shirts, and then, when you comply, they act all surprised. The worst have to be the ones who have "Read This" on their breasts and then act all offended when you look... That's just frustrating.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Haha, yeah, I know.

It sucks even more when a girl like me gets accused of reading shirts like that.

Yeah, I get funny looks alot.

[/size]

[QUOTE=Red 6][COLOR=Sienna]
I agree completely. Especially those girls who wear those "Hug Me" or "Let's Get Naked" shirts, and then, when you comply, they act all surprised. The worst have to be the ones who have "Read This" on their breasts and then act all offended when you look... That's just frustrating.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Man, I know a GUY who wears those shirts. When you try to read them he goes "I have a face you know!"

It's hilarious.[/font][/color][/size]