OtakuBoards

Why Do People Love Anime So Much?

NightAlchemist

Guest DarkYume321
hmm...i like anime because well sometimes its funny and u like cant stop watchin somethin funny...at least i cant :animeswea
If its something along the story line that relates to ur life, u seem to be dragged in. also if there are hot guys in it, my friend Jinx will watch it ^^ it really depends on what u lie so i really dont know he answer to the question :animesmil
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][INDENT]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]DarkYume321[/B], for starters, perhaps you could exand a bit as to what you mean? Right now other than a general statement of anime is funny you haven't really explained why you think they are. Don't make a point and then run off with out backing it up with examples. Posts like this are considered spam so please put more effort into them. For example you could have talked a bit about why you think anime cartoons are funny, or why you think the guys are hot. Also, proper grammar and spelling is a must as it makes it easier for other members to understand your posts. So please use a program like Word or Hotmail to check for spelling errors. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sesshomaru_luva
I like anime cause it is either funny or actiony or something else! and just cant stop watching it! IT'S AWSOME! :catgirl:
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][INDENT]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Ssesshomaru_luva[/B], for starters, perhaps you could exand a bit as to what you mean? Right now other than a general statement of anime is funny or full of action you haven't explained why you think it's funny. Don't make a point and then run off with out backing it up with examples. Posts like this are considered spam so please put more effort into them. For example you could have talked a bit about why you think anime is funny or a bit about why you like the action aspect of it. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed][CENTER]For me, anime is like an escape. An escape from the real world. It is were you can sit back and just watch what's on TV branging yourself into the show. It's not only the animation that gets me, it's the way some of the shows portray life it self. Sometimes, it is based on one's views of reality. And then, it is based on one's fantasies. I just really like the creativity into it.

So I guess for me, anime is more of an escape from reality.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest CrazyNinja
[COLOR=Red]Well the reason i love anime because its alot more intersting than some shows, some of those shows that my classmates talk about don't really interest me. Not many kids at my school know what anime is so its hard to about it with other people. Anime to me its like an escape from reality XD, some anime characters on shows i can relate to and some i wish i could be like them. I guess anime really makes you think about the line between reality and whats just an image.[/COLOR]

In my opinion, many Anime were produced much better than any, I dunno, Hollywood movies. Listen to the soundtrack, recognize the story...
Anime is something special! There is something for everyone. So why do people
(and me :animeknow ) like it so much...? I offers completely other, hmmm :animestun , well you can´t compare it to anything else. It leads you to other dimensions of imagination and fantasy! Oh, crap, that wasn´t very usefull, right?! :sweat:
I like it to much to have on objectiv opinion...

I hope im not overacting but anime? It fully devoured my whole life and soul...!!! IT really strengthen be to do stuff,... I see everything as anime ,... lifestyle and everything else... I dont know but i really see everything as the latter... and I dont know... having the world of an anime lifestyle is what i could really have dreamed to have... :sleep: Generally the aura... of it gets a lot of attention... for me... It's creativity and art.. and the mood that is really really unique...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VlarysVomit
For my opinion.. well, i think anime is so great. i love anime maybe because of the drawing. i love drawing :animesmil . and maybe on how the story goes.. yeah.. its very interesting too, its not like any typical cartoon in my country.. anime is a lot more fun and interesting. the graphics is so.. wow! :rolleyes: well, i don't know bout' u guys but thats why i love love anime! :animeswea

The question is a valid one and it's one I don't personally have a good answer to. I think for me it is simply getting to go somewhere where you don't have to deal with the daily stress of life. Right now I'm stationed away from home so my stress levels are pretty high most of the time since I spend the vast majority of my time working.

Anime allows you to see many more amazing things and see the lives of another played out right before in a chaotic assembly we call episodes. As you lose yourself here you feel at peace with where you are.

Whether or not this is really the answer, or just some romanticized idea came up with is nothing I can be certain of. However, I can say that it at least sounds a little convincing.

I love anime for many reasons.

1: First of all the characters always usually seem to grab my interests, no matter what they always have a captivating storyline behind them.

2: The story lines! I cant talk about this enough since every anime I have ever watched has a great storyline which will never leave you unsatisfied unless the anime doesn't meet your taste.

3: The action is usually good, also the humor of animes can really crack you up.

Just to name a few....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lamourdemordred
people love anime because... james is a babe.

also because how else would stories like Evangelion be told? modern technology, CGI etc, is good, but i dont think its advanced enough to make realistic eva units. not to mention the latter episodes would be incredibly difficult to pull off in a live atction setting. (eva is just an example, i mean the same thing applies for things like Tenchi, Outlaw Star, etc)

but i think its mainly cos of James.

I?m not going to address everything here since there are to many comments. But I have to agree with what a few others have already said and that?s why do we love anything? If I were brutally honest I would have to say I love it because [strike]Crystia tied me to a chair and forced me to watch [/strike] *cough* it?s got fun storylines, unique art and cute girls.

I can?t say that I love it more than any other type of show since I?m a Dr. Who fan and that?s definitely not anime. ;) It?s just something I?ve gotten into in the past year and like television shows I?ve run into anime shows that started out promising before quickly becoming stale and flat.

I?m not going to bother to say which ones though since I don?t want to offend anyone with what is purely an opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sesshylove
I personally love anime because whenever I watch it, I feel connected to it. My heart sort of smiles. It makes me feel amazing, and I love all the different plots. Not only that, but I always find complex characters I can relate too. Also, I love attempting to draw everything.
And a lot of times, certain anime make me laugh.

Guest RainxMachika
I love anime because its my escape from reality I can totally immerse myself in it (and I have done so for years). I really love it as I draw as well so its something I can relate to. Also the fact that anime can be about absolutely anything like really surreal or realistic is something I like and makes it so diverse. Thats how I feel about it anyways.. :catgirl: It cheers me up whenever I feel down too!

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think one of the major reasons would have to be because there are so many different types of animes. So that would make it easier for a person to find one that they really like for their own personal reason. ^.^ And for people that say they don't like anime at all probably haven't watched much or any anime because of something they've heard about a particular anime. I think the only thing that would stop someone from liking an anime would be the art, maybe they're a person who just hates cartoon art...? :catgirl: [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Guest humanoid
I like anime becouse anime was so uniqe & nothing like it. Every aspect from the anime was uniqe. The comedy, fighting style, caracters was diffrent from the other type of animation.
Storyline & the expression on the caracters was also very dramatic.

• 1 year later...
well in my case its like this:

people listen to music, play sports, watch movies and etc. and otaku's watch anime to pass the time and escape from reality in their hobby. and theirs nothing wrong with it.

also anime is different from the usual cartoons you see and its unique which is a draw in with its cool art style etc.

The reason why I first got into anime eleven years ago was because anime was different compared to the other cartoons of that point in time. There were several cartoons yes but anime was the first to have a series of sorts. Unlike American cartoons who had a different plot/story with the same characters, anime developed the story and plot with episodes that deepened the story. It was like reading a book. Each episode was a new chapter to the novel.

Anime is interesting! The storylines are usually more complex and it's unlike many of the American made shows these days. I don't have anything against them, but when I look at the TV guide, half the shows I see are all American crime shows. I think there's really only so much you can watch. Also, it's an escape. You can relate to some of the characters, and totally immerse yourself within the plot.
Usually, after watching any anime, I feel a strong emotion of some sort whether it's depressed/angry/happy/amused. Especially after watching some awesome anime guys, though that's not entirely why I watch it.
:animeswea