OtakuBoards

Why Do People Love Anime So Much?

NightAlchemist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b][size=1]Would I say I love anime? Probably not. I'm more of the casual anime fan. Meaning if someone were to trash talk anime, I wouldn't care because I don't support it as heavily as other people do. (I'm not easily motivated as we speak, let alone praise anything.)

In any case, I'm drawn to anime mainly because I'm not satisfied with the movies that're being released. I haven't seen too many good action flicks within the past 2 years. So in my case, the action brings me to watch anime.[/b][/size]

I was drwn into anime because it was something my cousin and I came into together. At first it was because it was the only place we could find raw action. nowadays, action anime is less impressive to me. I like the better stuff, but... yeah. I only watch anime now if it really entices me. Reason I love it? I guess because the things I love happen to be anime.

[COLOR=#99121c][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][strike]Cuz they are like dugs, once you start you are not able to stop![/strike]

-cough-

Being more realistic though the one thing that got me caught up into anime is what you can really do with it that isnt available in most real life movies, or in the same style as animated cartoons. For example I really do have an extreme liking for Mecha, as well as many things that are just futuristic in general. The way Anime tends to have their buildings, mechs and what have you. You can't obviously see that in Real life things and most animated things that I do view arn't up to par with what I see in anime.

[spoiler][strike]thenagainyoudohavetheproportionoffemalesaspectsthatareratherlargebutthatsgoodtoo[/spoiler][/strike][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest BlazingDestiny
Perhaps the regular shows we see on tv no longer interests us. There is a lot of realism in those shows that are mostly on. And some of the ones that have that fantasy-type setting are little kiddy cartoons.

Anime is much more exciting than those other shows we normally use to watch on tv. It has fantastic stories, and it isn't "dumb-down" and censored like American shows. There's also fascinating things we see in these anime shows, like mechas as Ikillion mentioned.

We probably love it so much because it's nothing like all those shows, it's nothing like real life itself.

The hot guys!

Seriously, the sheer crappiness of American cartoons over the past decade has driven me to anime. When I was a kid, we had good shows like The Transformers, He-Man, Inspector Gadget, Dungeons and Dragons, etc. Kids these days have that crap on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network originals like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Is there any wonder I watch anime almost exclusively now?

Well i can't speak for everyone but i can speak for myself i personally love anime cause it takes you places regular cartoons can't. it really allows the creator to just let their imgination go and let's the viewer see things that you could never imagine. i like the adventure aspect you know the seemingly normal person with a big destiny to follow or to go against. and of course theres the fanservice element's i love that cause it's in most of anime's i watch. Drama, Action, Romance, Ecchi, Fanservice, comedy,Horror. their are just so many reasons why people love anime. i'll love anime for as long i as i live. :animesmil

[QUOTE=HitokiriTaijiya]Kids these days have that crap on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network originals like Courage the Cowardly Dog.
[/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=slategray]I resent that statement. Courage the Cowardly Dog is an awesome show, I wish they still had it on a regular time slot on the big CN.

"It made me feel... naughty."[/color][/size]

I think it has to do with the fact that, beyond Avatar, there aren't any interesting or even good cartoons on american television. There just isn't any variety to the shows. You look at anime, and you see so much variety, almost anyone could find something that they like. I have a friend who got hooked on Excel Saga after he said that anime sucked and he would never watch it. I got the last laugh.

[font=tahoma]This is a subject i normally like going into with detail, but there no way i could possibly say it better then how i did so in [URL=http://articles.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=2527][color=blue][b]this[/b][/color][/URL]. So i'll let that be my explanation since I'd be here for quite a while typing in a response of comparable detail.

Not for nothing though, in refernece to american born cartoons and such. I am a fan of those as well, having grown up on them and considering the crap on nowadays that fry these kid's brains, they were like food for the soul. But a few of the newer ones ain't so bad, Courage the Cowardly dog was already mentioned once...i rather like that show as well. Other than that i enjoy the occaisional Tom and Jerry and Roadrunner cartoons. [/font]

Guest chocobogirl
well.......... HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE ANIME!!! it fast action packed crazy! they have story lines with more twists than those sad soaps operas ! their expressions are priceless! :animeblus :animecry: :animestun ! I mean COME ON ! no wonder people love anime sooooooo much! phew i got all that out! AND of course the art is wonderful and stories which really just pull you in.WOOOOOO GO ANIME! :animeknow :D :love: :love2: :luv:

I love anime because the characters have everything I don't. A pretty look, a hot guy (or a couple of them), their hot guy saves them, yeah, I'm sure you get the point.

Its sad how I'm a hopeless romantic. So. But I also enjoy anime cause it has action, and its so cool to see the characters move like that and stuff. I love it sooooo much. More than you. So nyeah!

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='Bláse][size=1][color=slategray]Why does anyone like anything?[/color'][/size][/quote]That?s exactly what I was thinking. ^_~

As for why I like anime, and I?m not going to say love because though I really enjoy it I am not in love with it. Anyway, I like it because of the art style, the different variety of shows that can be found from mecha, to magical, to real life, to funny, to more serious. So it?s a fun type of media to watch as you can find almost anything and it?s all drawn in a similar format. Well similar in that anime is pretty distinctive. ^_^

The biggest thing that draws me in is the fantasy aspect of the stories as so many of them have things that you just don?t see in real life. But on the same hand there are other excellent cartoons out there as well. Some of the older American ones are just too funny! I enjoy watching Bugs Bunny and Willie E Coyote and the older Disney ones like Duck Tales, Gummy Bears, Dark Wing Duck and Tale Spin. (Which are finally being released on DVD! ^_^)

So though I really enjoy anime I also like other types of cartoons as well as each of them are unique and fun to watch in their own way. Part of what amazes me about some of the older American cartoons is many of them were completely drawn by hand and have no computer generated graphics in them. It?s amazing the detail that went into some of them. And to be funny as well, it just shows how talented the creators and artists who drew them really were.

Oh and by the way, the others are right. Courage the Cowardly Dog is freaking hilarious! ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='NightAlchemist'] I think its because it draws us into a world of awesome fiction that we know will never be our own world. What do you think?[/quote]

Dude this is so true. I defonately get draw into some type of temporal reality when i watch anime. It also sucks big time when you know that it isnt real and that it never will be.
:animecry:

Guest Agent of God
I'm personally a fan of anime because I find it asthetically pleasing and many of the ones I watch (Wolf's Rain, Eva) have good plot and aren't just "kid's shows". I enjoy seeingthe characters and I enjoy the stories. I just find it fun to watch.

Guest iluvanimals
I think people love anime so much, because anime makes you feel like you are there. It keeps you thinking and wondering and daydreaming, It Rocks!

[size=1]My number one reason for loving anime is this: Those who create anime understand that animated does not have to mean 'for kids', and has already been mentioned, current American cartoons SUCK. ((OK, Family Guy does amuse me somewhat, but....)) And anime has everything I love somewhere. There's mechs, there's war, there's pseudo-westerns, the occasional romance throw in (yes, I'm a guy, who cares?), and all the 'plaster-to-the-back-of-your-seat' high speed action you could ask for. What's not to love?[/size]

I think people love anime so much is because of anime's ability to do whatever imagination can think of. There's no way that someone could really create huge balls of energy like DBZ, but it's fun to imagine what it would be like. Or, the different views on space travel with a twist, like Cowboy Bebop.

But, instead of being just a trippy transformation of weird ideas and animation, it entertains us because it ties certain real life values into the storyline. A lot of them are like, friendship, overcoming odds, standing up for what's right, fighting for whatever reason. Stuff like that.

That and people like Japan.

I got into anime when I was overseas and pretty much watch dvd's for any television entertainment. What got me into anime even more was that the characters typically have more depth as far as personalities. There is also the storylines and the artwork. The fact that some of the stories were things that I'm really into didn't hurt anything in that direction either. :catgirl:

Not only do most American Cartoons have no charector delvelopment (You could see the first episode or the last and most of the time you can see then doing the same thing). But anime the drawings are a far cry from the American Cartoons.

Animes, like inuyasha the charectors change thoughout it.
Mei Mei