OtakuBoards

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Dagger

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Dagger']Although if they were going for the sheer WTF factor, I think voting Nina for the top slot would've been the best choice.[/QUOTE]

Whoa lets not get too crazy here. I don't think its possible for anyone, even a troll to like Nina.

And what's wrong with Rivalz?! Everyone around him has gone off to do something else with their lives and he is left all alone by himself at school, so lonely.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Whoa lets not get too crazy here. I don't think its possible for anyone, even a troll to like Nina.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Definitely quoted for truth.

As for the results themselves, well, 4chan's shenanigans aside, it gave me a laugh, especially Clovis, although Rivalz is certainly worth a few chuckles for his antic though for me Keigo is incarnation of the better stupid women-obsessed classmate.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Meggido']lucky americans...and here in Aus we've only just had season 1 licensed. Read the article to discover why I say this.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-13/code-geass-r2-anime-sequel-to-run-on-adult-swim-in-u.s[/url][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I think you mean rights to air. Bandai has both seasons licensed, meaning both will be dubbed and out on DVD at some time, but Adult Swim has the right to air it on TV. :3[/size]

[quote name='Paramount'][size=1]I think you mean rights to air. Bandai has both seasons licensed, meaning both will be dubbed and out on DVD at some time, but Adult Swim has the right to air it on TV. :3[/size][/QUOTE]

Actually I'm meaning both. For one the main (and almost only) company that licenses anime in Australia, madman, takes a while to do it. We also rarely see anime on TV, the vast majority of it being the stuff for children such as Pokemon. There is finally an exception to this with a station showing the horrible Death note dub, but that's only for those with HDTV or set-top boxes. But at the moment I think we still have like a 2-3 month wait for even the first of the season 1 DVDs to be released here, let alone waiting for an announcement for the licensing of season 2. (note: I don't have the income for pay TV so I don't know what adult swim shows in Aus at the moment but last I knew it was stuff like Robot chicken)

• 1 month later...
[SIZE="1"]Bump for finale!

So, who else went OMG WTF LOL WHAT DID I JUST WATCH at the final episode?

I know I did. ...Granted, I'm still on season one [though I'm rather familiar with the train wrecks that constantly occurred in R2], it was late at night, and I was streaming it live and didn't understand a lick of what was going on...[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Paramount'][SIZE="1"]
So, who else went OMG WTF LOL WHAT DID I JUST WATCH at the final episode?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Seconded, although my reaction was more of a "wat?"

I'm not surprised at how long it took people to think that[spoiler] Lelouch became R.R and blah blah blah[/spoiler], but its Sunrise, this is just what they do. At least he didn't get a Light esque swimming lessons end.

But no more Code Geass means more Gundam 00 season 2 which hopefully wont be nearly as bad as R2 was.

also, WHERE IS MY ORANGE SPIN OFF SERIES?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]also, WHERE IS MY ORANGE SPIN OFF SERIES?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Honestly I'd happily settle for an OVA which actually answers some of the damn unanswered questions left by the finale, well with the exception of whether or not Lelouch is actually dead, I figure that's a repeat of Spike Spiegel and we'll be just left to argue it forever. Examples would be what C.C. stood for, and what happened between Rakshaka and Lloyd.

That said, as a finale I actually think it was very well done, sure R2 strayed pretty damn far from the original story set up in the first season, by which I mean I always assumed that Charles' intentions for abandoning Lelouch was to turn him into the most worthy heir to his throne in true social-Darwinian style by forcing him to either win or lose everything. The actual reasoning was a bit well... "lolwut ?" and really brought down Charles as a character in my view.

Anyway enough ramblings, I enjoyed the series thoroughly and do hope we might get that Orange spin-off Ikillion because it would be so awesome.[/SIZE]

firstly like the new banner/avatar gavin.

As for the ending of Code Geass I must say that no matter how much of a bastard Lelouch became during season 2, and I believe it was more prominent then season 1, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Or maybe it was me just feeling sorry for Nunally since what happened to him directly affected her. In some sense it was always expected by me that things would turn out this way. I guess the 3 things going through my head for the last 12 eps was that one of 3 things would happen, 1) Kallen and Suzaku would kill each other in combat,2) Lelouch would die to Suzaku or 3) CC and Lelouch would end up together. I guess I got one of them...sadly in my mind I was hoping for 3 haha.

As for what you said Gavin [spoiler]I'd almost say it's a given that Lelouch actually died, but while we're not shown a grave or anything at the end we're also not given anything to suggest that he lived. Also before he died the flashes suggested he was seeing his life's events appear before his eyes.[/spoiler] One of the things that irritated me about the ending though is that they kept giving Rivalz the chance to tell Milly how he feels about her (since it's obvious he loves her) but nothing comes of it whatsoever.

Overall though I found the second season to be inferior to the first but still watched it because I wanted a proper ending and not some massive cliffhanger. Now just to watch the last ep of macross Frontier which I've enjoyed more XD

Edit: Oh loved the irony in the end that [spoiler]Orange-kun had an orange farm[/spoiler]

[quote name='Meggido']As for what you said Gavin [spoiler]I'd almost say it's a given that Lelouch actually died, but while we're not shown a grave or anything at the end we're also not given anything to suggest that he lived. Also before he died the flashes suggested he was seeing his life's events appear before his eyes.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Actually on review I'm not so sure [spoiler]Lelouch actually did die in the end.[/spoiler] Sure it looked like he did, but the level of evidence the "not" side have managed to generate does lead to some interesting questions. Ikillion mentioned the whole R.R. and I'm going to toss in Code Geass itself [spoiler]Lelouch having both Geass from C.C. and potentially Code from his father Charles[/spoiler] as being possibilities why he's still alive.

There's also [spoiler]the flashes Nunally got when she touched her brother's hand as he was "dying", which we've seen only occur when someone comes into contact with a Code holder, Orange actually letting Suzaku "kill" Lelouch (whom Jeremy sworn his life to, so I just can't see him letting that happen, hell he smiles as Suzaku jumps his shoulder and cheers him on) and finally C.C. smiling, talking out loud to Lelouch and that last cryptic line. I just can't see all Lelouch's allies in the end smiling if he actually had died in that manner,[/spoiler] even if it is what he wanted.

So yeah, on review, not so sure. Hence why I want my OVA or movie to clear that up, but failing that I'll settle for Oranga telling us one way or another in his spin-off.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]yeah I've actually read a lot of those posts discussing reasons for the 'not' side but I have my own suspicions against them. I mean just on the first one about [spoiler]Lelouch possibly gaining Charles' Code. I'm pretty certain that when someone gains an immortals Code they then lose the ability to use Geass and even then Lelouch code still use Geass. I'd also have to go back and check but I'm also pretty certain that whenever a immortal was "killed" in the series then there was no blood. [/spoiler] With the number of times it happened to C.C. I don't remember any blood from the wounds. I'd have to go back and double check for the Charles incident as well.

As for the whole R.R. thing, where did that come from? I assume there was some sort of reference I missed in the last ep. But yeah way too many questions left unanswered even for the finale of a series.

edit: Actually the way CC is [spoiler] talking to lelouch at the end of the episode reminds me of how she used to speak to Marianne during season 1[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Meggido'][SIZE="1"]yeah I've actually read a lot of those posts discussing reasons for the 'not' side but I have my own suspicions against them. I mean just on the first one about [spoiler]Lelouch possibly gaining Charles' Code. I'm pretty certain that when someone gains an immortals Code they then lose the ability to use Geass and even then Lelouch code still use Geass. I'd also have to go back and check but I'm also pretty certain that whenever a immortal was "killed" in the series then there was no blood. [/spoiler] With the number of times it happened to C.C. I don't remember any blood from the wounds. I'd have to go back and double check for the Charles incident as well.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well the opposing argument to the idea that [spoiler]Lelouch can't have both Geass and Code because no other immortal has it is that both the immortals in the series (Charles and C.C.) recieved the immortality of the individual who gave them their Geass in the first place. Lelouch getting his father's Code but retaining C.C.'s Geass would potentially allow him to override that particular rule[/spoiler]

Actually C.C.'s been shot a few times and there was quite a lot of blood spilled out of her on each of those occasions as I recall . I'm also fairly sure that when Lelouch gave his father the command to shoot himself there was blood soaking out of his shirt, hence why Lelouch laughed like a maniac in thinking he'd won.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Meggido'][SIZE="1"]As for the whole R.R. thing, where did that come from? I assume there was some sort of reference I missed in the last ep. But yeah way too many questions left unanswered even for the finale of a series.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Admittedly I didn't get it either until I read the explanation, for the English-speaking audience it should be read as [spoiler]L.L.[/spoiler] rather than R.R. standing for [spoiler]Lelouch Lamperouge when he becomes and immortal like C.C. (it'd probably be pronounced R2 hence the allusion to it in the title of the second series) and thus would explain how Lelouch vi Britannia/Lamperouge "died" leaving only R.R./L.L.[/spoiler] I actually consider that to be quite plausible when you think about it, in much the same way [spoiler]Suzaku "died" to become Zero.[/spoiler]

I imagine also [spoiler]the pair agreed that Lelouch would not pass on Geass to anyone else, and neither would C.C. as they are no longer alone, which seems to be the aim of most immortals.[/spoiler] At least, that's just my take on it.

[b][EDIT][/B] ORENJI-SAMA !!!

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="コードギアス 全力のオレンジR2"]oiKDSiGLVFU&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE=Jeremiah Gottwald: Ironman]o3RRldTyttE[/youtube][/SIZE][/CENTER]

• 4 weeks later...
I love the series, but the R2 has yet to be aired on [Adult Swim] here in America. I read that is airing after they finish the last episode of the first season. I already finished the first season, but unfortunately I can't find the english or Japanese version of episode 1 on r2.

[quote name='RiaBinx']but unfortunately I can't find the english or Japanese version of episode 1 on r2.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Most video streaming sites (I wouldn't use Youtube because they'd be broken into 3 parts) have the Japanese episodes of R2 available. Actually it was the first season I found difficult to find episodes of.

Hope that helped.[/SIZE]

• 11 months later...
i like the show, but i see where people are coming from when they say its very metaphory. it's not very realistic in that most of the characters aren't regular people, they are symbols, sort of. it is kind of thought provoking. like, if the government is corrupt, should you try to take it down and remake it (lelouch) or try to change it from within (suzaku)? anyway, my friends showed me the first season on the internet, but failed to mention that the second season is nowhere to be found. they saw season 2 on tv. so here i am, waiting indefenitely on a cliffhanger. sigh.....

• 2 months later...
[size=1][color=darkred]So I just finished watching episodes 1-10 and I'm getting ready to watch ep 11. (I did end up skipping episode 6 since I saw that on adult swim, and I really can't stand episodes like that) I have to say that I'm definately pleased with what I'm seeing. Even though Lelouch is a lot like Light Yagami, I tend to favor him moreso than Light. (Light spouted the same "becoming the new God" just got on my nerves)

I'm a little tipsy with Suzaku right now. One moment I like him, and the next I can't stand him. When he's around the other students he's tolerable, but when he goes on talking about people should join this or that trying to be a goodie-goodie, he really gets on my nerves.

My favorite character so far, though is Cornelia. Strong women that can actually hold their own (and use their heads) are great to see. She seems to come off as a very ruthless person, but that's fine, ruthless = great.... "coughs" (Only in fiction alright) :animeswea

I'm assuming there is no clear cut hero or villain in this series outside of the Black Knights (except for Lelouch) right? Everyone seems so devious and whatnot and it's kind of hard to tell whose who.

I'm not a fan of Clamp because of the lankiness to the characters, but this is some impressive designs.

A character I'm on the lookout for, I don't know his name but he has a sword, and looks like he follows the code of a samurai or something. He look like he'll be my favorite character overall.[/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I find it interesting that last month they announced a new Code Geass anime. It'll be Lelouch and Suzaku again but it's not certain whether it'll be a sequel or a alternate take on the series. My guess is it'll be an alternate take just because it's Sunrise.

Who's up for [b]Code Geass: Ashford Academy Edition[/b]?! Anyone?! We could have whole arcs dedicated to students chasing Lulu around the school for budget increases, along with the wacky hijinks that would ensue when Kallen and Lelouch have to clean the school pool together.

Also, the "Nani, mai hunni?!" girl would get her own episode. Her story needs to be told.

EDIT: And Lelouch of course would join the Ashford Academy horseback riding team, thus paving the way for the true star of the series ... [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/cards/view/107910/action_horse"][B]ACTION HORSE!!!!![/B][/URL]