OtakuBoards

Otakupedia Entries/Suggestions/Discussion thread

Charles

Ummm...I don't mean to offend, but, who is Desbroko?! I know Des is a member and administrator, but, since every time that I hear the name people sound like they're worshipping someone I wasn't too sure...Please forgive my stupidity and do not throw grenades at me...if it helps, I'm sick today...*pukes*

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='chibi-master']Ummm...I don't mean to offend, but, who is Desbroko?! I know Des is a member and administrator, but, since every time that I hear the name people sound like they're worshipping someone I wasn't too sure...Please forgive my stupidity and do not throw grenades at me...if it helps, I'm sick today...*pukes*[/QUOTE]

Desbreko is not just the site administrator. He is also the greatest force of good on behalf of Otakuites everywhere. Legend tells us that whenever the Otaku Network falls victim to the evil forces of 21st Century Digital Boy, the legendary Fiend of Bandwidth, a great hero will rise to challenge the evildoer and send him back to the depths of 4Chan where he belongs. Desbreko is that hero. Although he has recently fallen to the allure of Caramelldansen, there are those who still believe he will one day rise again to smite evil and its sickeningly cute ways.

[color=#4B0082]Dramatic embellishment aside, I'm just your friendly OtakuBoards administrator. I've been around here on the staff for practically forever and I do all sorts of cool stuff for the site so people love me?sometimes a little too much. ;)[/color]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You think 21st Century Digital Boy is a problem, with him gone I rain torment over OB in the form of badly written, yet somewhat great-story-lined stories, and in the form of the dry comedy you've come to know and love. Muahahahahaha I mean, yay! But yeah Des is Uber Cool, if you disagree I will take care of you...[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][I]MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]You think 21st Century Digital Boy is a problem, with him gone I rain torment over OB in the form of badly written, yet somewhat great-story-lined stories, and in the form of the dry comedy you've come to know and love. Muahahahahaha I mean, yay! But yeah Des is Uber Cool, if you disagree I will take care of you...[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][I]MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I only used him as an example because he's the official forum scapegoat. It took me about 5 hours to realize who you were last time you changed your screenname. Plus, it's fun to verbally abuse people who aren't in attendance at the time.

Rach, you may use my humble tale of the Legendary Hero if you want, but I doubt you will.

[quote name='chibi-master']Dialup hater say what? What evil?! Does that mean I can kick it's butt with my umbrella?! Does it?![/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry, not this round. The mantle of legendary hero has already fallen to Des. All he has to do now is disappear into the woods looking for DeadSeraphim and get sucked into an alternate dimension.

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]I actually need my entry fixed since Nerdsy decided to add a final line that is way in left feild.

"Cruizr has the miserable dictinction of having met Shift. However, to his credit, he has also met Nerdsy as well."

I've met both of them and enjoyed myself quite a bit when I did. This line obviously came directly from Nerdsy who severely dislikes Shift while I myself do not.

If that could be removed/fixed that would be great. ^_^[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Cruizr'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]I actually need my entry fixed since Nerdsy decided to add a final line that is way in left feild.

"Cruizr has the miserable dictinction of having met Shift. However, to his credit, he has also met Nerdsy as well."

I've met both of them and enjoyed myself quite a bit when I did. This line obviously came directly from Nerdsy who severely dislikes Shift while I myself do not.

If that could be removed/fixed that would be great. ^_^[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]That was all Charles.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']That was all Charles.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Bosh.

On another note, do we even [I]have[/I] a Curator anymore? (I'd offer to step up if necessary, but my time is limited as it is right now, so offering would be stupid of me.)[/FONT]

[size=1]My last final is tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get some articles up during my Summer.

On a related note: Has anyone heard from Charles lately? It's one thing for people to spend less time online, but I haven't heard from the guy in probably 6 months. I hate it when people disappear like that, I get concerned.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]On a related note: Has anyone heard from Charles lately? It's one thing for people to spend less time online, but I haven't heard from the guy in probably 6 months. I hate it when people disappear like that, I get concerned.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]That's what I'm talking about, yeah. Where [I]is[/I] he?[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I haven't heard from Charles in a while. But I do want to keep Otakupedia going.

So please feel free to continue to submit stuff in this thread. I will try to contact Charles and hopefully he'll be around.[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Bosh.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Balderdash.

The entire article was written by Charles with imput from Cruiz. At best, he was paraphrasing something else I said that was significantly less harsh, infinitely more self-aggrandizing and not at all intended to be included in Otakupedia.

Besides, I got all my Shift-bashing out of the way in [i]his[/i] article.[/color]

[quote name='James'][FONT=franklin gothic medium]

Anyway, I do think those girls make good mascots for OB... I'll make sure to check out that Wikipedia article.
[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][COLOR=crimson]Oh, please, God, no.

I tried the Caramelldansen skin on for 5 minutes, before I had to change it back because of the dizzingly annoying animation. I know I'm less frquent around here nowdays, but I'd be less than less frequent if the Caramelldansen girls graced the top of every skin on OB.

I say, bring on Otakubot, give him a true go a mascot-dom. Just don't make him dance. -_- [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 4 months later...
[quote name='Jeremiah'][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black][COLOR=crimson]Oh, please, God, no.

I tried the Caramelldansen skin on for 5 minutes, before I had to change it back because of the dizzingly annoying animation. I know I'm less frquent around here nowdays, but I'd be less than less frequent if the Caramelldansen girls graced the top of every skin on OB.

I say, bring on Otakubot, give him a true go a mascot-dom. Just don't make him dance. -_- [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I just move my window down so I don't have to see the dancing because I think watching the dancing too much makes you prone to seizures. If you make a new skin, please no dancing. But I do like the colours.[/color]

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
[color="#006400"][font="Georgia"]Totally just skimmed through this topic to see if I was mentioned and to read nostalgic entries (but mostly to see if I was mentioned, haha). :P Getting a name-drop on the first page was pretty awesome, I won't lie. And thank you SPX for finding Tori's old OB Member Pics website, had to re-save some things I ... lost ...

Wish I could have actually seen this project when it was live.[/font][/color]