OtakuBoards

What aren't you good at?

Aberinkula

[COLOR=DimGray]Just recently a thread has been released about what your best at. So now I have a different question. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]What [b][COLOR=Blue]aren't[/COLOR][/b] you good at?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]For me, [/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]talking to girls.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray]Recently my friend (who just happens to be a [COLOR=Blue][B]girl[/B][/COLOR]) has been giving lessons she learned from ettiquete school. It's been working good so far. She tought me the 'compliment her then walk away thing' and it has worked on more that one occasion. But after that I'm horrable at becoming friends with girls.[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=Blue]So what about you?[/COLOR][/B]

I'm not good at a couple of things. Lets see:

I'm not good at talking to people. I've always had this problem and the worst thing is, I don't know what to do about it. I've tried before, but most of the times I just sit there silently.

Another thing is stepping out of my comfort zone. This also goes for my first thing, because I don't ever try to talk to other people, therefore I don't even try to get better at talking to people. I know it sounds stupid, I just need to get better at that.

One more thing I guess. I'm not good at making stories. I've attempted before. I let my brother look at it and he just laughed. It was supposed to be serious, but obviously, he didn't think so. I mean, I'm not sure what I can do to make it better, I'm just not skilled in that area I guess.

Thanks for your time,

Dae

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Hanabishi Recca']One more thing I guess. I'm not good at making stories. I've attempted before. I let my brother look at it and he just laughed. It was supposed to be serious, but obviously, he didn't think so. I mean, I'm not sure what I can do to make it better, I'm just not skilled in that area I guess.[/quote]I'll give you a word of advise on that one, get a second opinion and ask for them to explain what doesn't make sense and what did. In other words, don't give up just because one person didn't get what you were trying to say. It may have just not been the type of story they like and not an indication of your writing skills. And even then learning to write is something that takes time. ;)

As for myself, the thing I'm not good at is ice-skating or using roller blades. I've tried countless times and I simply cannot do it. I've lost count of the times I've fallen and gotten bruises from trying. So I've pretty much lost all interest in it since it's no fun when you can't get it to work. That and I later found out I have actual physical issues with both my feet and ankles. Which made me feel better since it wasn?t because I didn?t try hard enough.

The other thing I'm terrible at is spelling and grammar. It's one thing to read and understand what is written and yet another to try and do it yourself. Without my lovely Word program, my posts would be quite the horror to read.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]I find it difficult to be sincere with anybody unless i've known them forever or if it's ridiculously innapropriate. I'm sarcastic with nearly everybody i meet. If i were to meet you in person i'd probably make some random sarcastic comment, and it might be funny, but then i'd make another and another. I feet at times i'm a bit cynical...oh well.

I'm not good at any sports. Never cared enough to get good at any. I'm more of a video game, guitar, artsy, sit on my *** kind of guy.

And i'm not good at brushing my teeth twice a day....damn cavaties.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]I'm terrible at several things
1) Math
2) Public Speaking
3) Not punching or hurting annoying people
4) I can't cook most things
5) Speaking Spanish
6) Talking to most people
7) Skate boarding, when I tried this I fell on my ***

wow, I really feel better now...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue']I'll give you a word of advise on that one, get a second opinion and ask for them to explain what doesn't make sense and what did. In other words, don't give up just because one person didn't get what you were trying to say. It may have just not been the type of story they like and not an indication of your writing skills. And even then learning to write is something that takes time. ;)[/COLOR][/quote]

Well, thanks! Do you think that writing in a RPG would help?

I've actually given up to it, but I could pick it back up =D You've given me inspiration! Arigato!

[FONT=Tahoma]There isn't much that I am absolutely just not good at (not bragging or boasting, I just have good adaptability and am a quick learner if I already don't have an inclination for something). But i [i]am[/i] horrible at drawing. The only form of being artistic that applies to me is the performance arts, and appreciating art. Actually creating art however, it's probably something I couldn't even do to even save my life. If you include writing as an art (some people do, some don't) then I am exceptional in that field, but when i hear art I tend to group the two main categories I'm used to associating with the word, which are Performance Arts (singing, dancing, acting, etc) and Creative Arts (drawing, sculpting, painting, etc). Needless to say i'm not very good at sculpting or painting either, but drawing is the one of the three I wish I could be adept at.

[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Psh, man... there are a lot of things I'm not good at. :P

I guess my main problem is that I'm not good at holding a conversation too long. I mean, yeah, I have a lot of friends and we talk a lot... but give me someone I'm just starting to talk to and my brain is going blank. An example of what a conversation would be like:

[B]"Hi, My name's Tiana!"
"Hello, my name's *insert hot name here*."
"So... how are you doing?"
"Umm.. fine. I'm new here, so, yeah."
"Um... that's great."
*Scilence*
"Well, I don't know what else to say to you so I'm just going to leave you. Kthnxbai."[/B]

Okay, I don't technically say the last part, but I always freeze up when I talk to people that are new or people that I really want to meet. My awesome and loveable friends on the OB that I first talked to... you know what I'm talking about. XD

Another thing that I'm horrible at would have to be taking compliments people give me. No offense, I love it when people say nice things about me... but I just don't have any idea what to say. I mean, I can't just go up and say, [B]"Lawls yeah, I know, right? *giggle snort*"[/B] because that would make me sound like a stuck up prep. All I really say is, [B]"Aww... thanks, but.. I don't think I'm the best..."[/B] And then my friends give me this speech about how I am and stuff. Kinda makes me feel good inside, though. :D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Mythologicly']I'm not good at school not that I'm failing i just hate school alot. Another thing would be keeping a girlfriend for some reason I'm able to get girl and make girl fall in love with me but then they just leave me and still remain in love with me :huh: i just cant keep gf's.[/quote]

Why don't you try falling in love with them yourself, instead of just making them fall for you. ;P

Hmm, what I'm not good at... Well, the biggest thing is perhaps ballgames. I just can't hit the ball with [I]anything[/I], whether it's a racket or a pool stick or my foot or those paddles on Flippers. X(

It's like all balls in the world hate me! :'( Well, excluding one specific type of balls, but let's just not go there... ;P

Ah well let's see, there's quite a few things I'm not good at. I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades, master of none!

I can't draw. Which is sad because I LOVE drawing. But I just have no talent whatsoever. I can copy an anime character to perfection but when it comes to drawing my own characters....well...it's not pretty.

I can NOT stay organized. It's not that I don't try, I do. But somehow what's clean turns into a mess with me. This kind of interferes in school, as my school prefers to grade less on how much you know and more on how much of a preppy school enthusiastic weirdo you are. (The dumbest kids get the highest grades because they're always screaming out the WRONG answers in class, anything as long as they 'lend their voice to class discussion')

I can't run or play sports (HAHA LOOK AT THE FAT GIRL RUN!) (I'm not even overweight...)

And that's about most of the obvious things. I'm sure there are more, but I shouldn't think of those less my self-esteem goes down to the negatives.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]1. I never complete anything I begin, no matter how much i know i should or have to. Ever since i realized that I didn't have to push myself to the brink of insanity just to survive, I've lost the will to complete things.

2. I'm no good at human interaction. The first: I do not have the same thought processes as most (and I still haven't met anyone with mine, but I suspect they're hiding) The second: Having been left out of the loop my entire life, I have never been good with topics. The third: Overly sarcastic. I can't help but push my point sometimes, although this rarely hapens with people I really like.

3. No dedication. (cept in relationships)

4. I suck at math.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]*I can be very rude. Not "Haha, he's witty" rude but just unnecessarily cutting and abrasive. It's not something I admire in myself and I do my best to keep my mouth shut. Doesn't work too well sometimes. ;)

*I can be too persistent on matters, arguing needlessly. I think I share this trait with 90% of OtakuBoards.

*I don't take things seriously some of the time and I know that this kind of attitude can come off as inappropriate. Like above I try to keep my comments to myself but it doesn't work too well at times either.

*I'm not good at staying on topic in casual conversations, especially if I'm energetic. I just kind of ramble on about things erratically. It seems to work okay enough at keeping a conversation going, lol. People just kind of amusedly follow along.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Well, thanks! Do you think that writing in a RPG would help?

I've actually given up to it, but I could pick it back up =D You've given me inspiration! Arigato![/QUOTE] You're Welcome. And I do think that being part of an RPG helps. You don?t know what the others are going to write so you have to be more creative in making your part flow into what they have written and yet leave it open for what they are going to write as well. And if you keep trying, you?re bound to improve. ;)

[B]DeathKnight:[/B] You forgot to mention that you?re not good at admitting that you?re down right funny at times and extremely loveable. :p

Lets see as for other things I?m not good at, skiing comes to mind, I just hate getting cold so my instinct is to run inside where it?s warm instead of learning how to move without falling on my rear. [/COLOR]

I'm not particulary good at making new freinds, I'm kinda quiet and focused. Ecpecially know that I'm in college. I have a couple great and best freinds and I guess that is good enough for me. I'm also very independant, it is sometimes hard for me to ask for help when I need it. :animeswea

I'm also not great at singing, drawing, or anything really technical (like computers, I have no idea what is what. I just know it works :animesmil )

Things I?m not good at? Good grammar and spelling would be the top of my list. It?s more fun to read than write and even more fun to play music. The other thing, video games that are either racing or fighting. I just get so impatient that I end up quitting instead of trying to figure it out. RPG games like Zelda are fine, but the others?boring.

And one other thing?Getting the girl I really want. Seems like I can get dates with pretty much any other girl except her.

I'm not good in new situations, like placing me in a room with 20 people that I absolutely don't know who they are. I really become anti-social. I'm not a good swimmer. Last but not least, I'm not any good at math, I need a calculator for everything, it's sad, I had to drop out of calculus, I knew I could not take it but my dad forced me to take it. :animecry: