OtakuBoards

Summer Plans

Rachmaninoff

[COLOR=DarkRed]My summer plans are a bit sparse. I do intend on going places with my friends on the weekends and such, but I also have a few classes to finish and graduation at the end of the summer for my Bachelor's degree. And I've also got to finish doing everything required to start school in the fall for my Master's degree.

So I'm looking forward to warm weather and all, but also being busy with school as well. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Summer is just around the corner, but my plans have been since February. What can I say, I like to think [I]way[/I] ahead...when your on your own, you need too (In my opinion). Anyhow, once my finals are over come this May, I'll be very happy to have completed my second year in college (That's two down and three more to go <.<).

I'll probably go party a little (Not big on that), just to release stress from finals (Otaku helps a bit now). I have taken the summer semester off, because I deserve some type of break from school, plus I want to spend more time with the family and fiancé . I made a list of things to do with them, such as going to theme parks, beaches, zoo and all that good stuff. It is sad though, I really wanted to go to Japan this summer (I had plans...), but since my baby and I decidede to move to a new apartment in early August. I'll be busy searching for suitable places, furniture hunting and all that good house stuff. But in the end it will be fun, but let's not forget work...yes work as well. Overall, I do hope every ones summer plans come out well.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I actually don't make plans for summer anymore since I tend to do my vacation time when it's off season in either the spring or fall. Visiting parks and other attractions is a lot more enjoyable when the place isn't overrun by tourists. So other than to enjoy the warmer weather and to get out and do some hiking and gardening, etc. I have no plans. Though if I have time I might go and visit some of the closer National Parks since I haven't been there for a few years.

What I probably will do is somewhere in either June or July I will finalize the plans for the vacation I intend to take in the fall. Though my family hasn't decided where we are going yet. ^_~[/COLOR]

I have to take the oh so wonderful test that will tell your whole future called the SAT in June. I also have to do my French language class for two months starting a few days after school ends (May to July) at the community college. After the language classes I need to get on a plane to visit my mom and sister in VT for a few weeks. After that school is pretty much going to start for me I might have a week or so after I visit my mom to relax do some school shopping. Thats my summer plan.

[color=#9933ff]Well, I'm going to Hawaii on Tuesday (*massive GRIN*). It's not exactly summer - spring break, really, but it's still traveling, and it's totally cool!!

My Summer plans begin with Graduation, Project Graduation, and getting my diploma!! And four days later, I'm off to ITALY for two weeks! Our group is going to Rome (including the Vatican, which I'm excited about), cities in Tuscany, Florence, and Venice. =) It's going to be awesome and I can't wait!

When I get back, I'll be working the rest of the summer in a doctor's office (the same place I work now). I'm going to go down to Baltimore for Otakon, though. ^_^; And then at the end of the summer I'll be heading off to college. *tear* I can't wait, though, to move in! I'm going to decorate my room with my signed D'espairs Ray poster, my laminated Hyde print-out (it's massive!), and wall stickers. ^__^

Oh, and to whoever is going to Washington D.C., I'm sure you'll have a great time! My mom and I (who both love museums) had a field day going into the Smithsonian museums. =)[/color]

I'm going to work for about six weeks, hit the beach and then--if all goes well--head to France in August. It's too bad that I've managed to forget everything I learned in my four years of taking the language... but at least I have friends who speak it. :animesigh

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkRed]Since this summer is going to be my 21st birthday, I am going to go clubbing. I will be reading Harry Potter as well as Ann Rice. Other than that, I will be working my butt off at my job and playing video games. Yay video games....and hopefully get to finish Marmalade Boy and watch Bleach, Naruto Time skip, and Tsubasa and Deathnote. I hope to also see my brother in Seattle and my friend in Tacoma. My summer in a nutshell. I am going to try to go to Japan next summer and study abroad for a couple of months.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]oh, dear sweet lord. My and my mental conditions are gunna have us a nice, bored summer. But it will be WAY better than last summer. This summer I have some friends who I could go pester and my brother has a friend who I'm sure will be here most of the summer. Even if I did spend most of my time sitting around doing very little, it would be better than last year.

... in fact ANYTHING is going to be better than last year, because last year I faced the greatest turmoil I've ever known, and this year is so far very placid and enjoyable. There's been some problems, but overall it's not so bad... it's BETTER. That's all that matters.

This year... I WILL accomplish something. I'd rather die than round off my summer the same way it began.[/COLOR]

[size=1]I'm going to sleep. :)

I guess I'll also be working on my drag queen novel, too, haha! And I need to make my cosplay costume for the anime convention I'll be attending at the beginning of August.

I also have to get a job for summer. Boo. So, I suppose I'll be busier than I normally am on Summer Break, but... at least I can make some money to buy some new video games and Teen Titans goodies. :P[/size]

• 5 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]
For the summer vacation I'm going to:

1. Get a job.
2. Go to the theaters
3. Read some books
6. Perfect my art
4. Bug my siblings
5. Irritate my aunt

WARNING: Plans may change at any time, any where, or whenever I need a change in pace (otherwise I might die of boredom).[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Fyxe']I'm going to sleep. [/quote]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]Amen.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Cat14']I have to take the oh so wonderful test that will tell your whole future called the SAT in June. [/quote]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]Good Luck.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Space-chan]im gonna start working as a doc this april!!!
[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]Congratulations.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well, since this is the first summer I've had with a vehicle, I'm kind of happy that I won't be having a vacation this summer. My family ususally takes one each year or every other year. (I went to New York City in '02, London and Paris in '04, and a cruise to Calica and Cozumel in '05)

So for this year, I think I'll just work a lot, save up some money, so I can rent a bunch of movies. (or watch them in theatres. I know I want to see Transoformers, Fantastic 4, Harry Potter 5, The Invisible, ect.) My friend owns this huge canyon out in the country and it's got tons of cabins and caves nad fun stuff. He said that next time we go camping out there, we're bringing buddies, girls, and booze... *crosses fingers* and I might spend a week or two with my friend who lives a couple hours away or even with my cousin in KS. (or she might stay with me, IDK)

But at the end of summer, I'm going to California. It will the most western sate I've ever been to, (passing Colorado by a long shot) and since I want to go to college at UCLA, it will be tons of fun. We're actually going because my bro's graduating from the marines on August 18. But we'll leave that Monday night and drive a full 24 hours to L.A. We'll spend Wednesday and Thursday in L.A. (It's mostly because my parents want to be on "The Price is Right" They're so embarrassing) Then, on Friday, we'll go and visit Hollywood. On Saturday, we'll head down to San Diego and watch his graduation, and then we'll come back Saturday afternoon and drive for 24 hours back home before I go back to school the next day. Crazy right? The best part is that I get to miss the first two days of school!

Other than the end of summer, mine will be pretty much work, movies, maybe camping... Nothing big.

[size=1]To start off the summer, I'm going to [color=pink]PinkPop[/color] - a big festival in the Netherlands - Saturday. And it will last until Monday. I'm all excited because there will be rather big artists like Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Wolfmother, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Scissor Sisters, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, and well.. more. Not that I'm going to see them all from upclose (Korn, Lost Prophets, Good Charlotte are not really bands I want to stand in front for), but at least I'll be able to say that I've seen them live each time one of their songs is played on the radio. :whoops: Loads of fun! Whee![quote name='PinkPop Site][img']http://apoco.250free.com/PinkPop.png[/img][/quote]
Then the 13th of July I'm going to Taizé, France. It's a big community grown from a monastry. There will be many international young people there. Last time I went was in autumn and then there were 3200 people (a majority of Germans and French during this period), but it's even more busy in summer. During summer it'll be a lot more international with for example Australians and Americans and everything, so I can practice on my English as well. Hurray!

Eh, later this summer the girl who I plan on calling my girlfriend in the future will come over to the Netherlands from Germany with a few of her friends. And I actually planned to go to Germany myself too.

I also had plans to go to Avenue Q in London, but I'm afraid that plan's a bit off track. Meh, oh well. Saves me a lot of money. And I'll have enough fun lying at the riverbanks in my free time.

Somewhere this summer I'll probably try to earn some money somehow. After the summer I want to start a new study, but I think I might not be let in at the journalism study I want to attend, because I send in my application too late. >_>;

[b]Datz mi sumR[/b][/size]

[FONT=Arial]I'm not planning on doing much the first month or so of my summer vacation (which started today, hooray). I'll probably try to do a lot of story and songwriting. I hope my singer and I can get some acoustic shows at some coffee shops sometime, too. That large span of nothing is going to take place roughly from now til late July.

July 20th is Warped Tour, which I may be able to go to (the only band I really want to see there is Norma Jean, and maybe Tiger Army), and it's also my 16th birthday. I'll have a party early if I can go to Warped Tour.

July 22, my family and I are taking a train (EW) to Washington D.C., and hopefully I'll be able to meet my very good friend in New Jersey. I'm kind of nervous about flying home, though. :[

And...I don't go back to school until mid-August, and there are two books coming out then that I am dying to read, so I suppose it will be a quiet week or two before I'm a Junior. >:][/FONT]