OtakuBoards

The best anime heroes

Guest Hiptob

Guest Hiptob
What is your fave anime hero.

I say Haseo, The hero of .hack G.U. He rocks!!

And I get the sense that while he is "The Terror of Death" the fameous PKK (player killer killer) He might soon relize that the power of his avatar might just be more then he can handle!!

And The avatar Skeith Or the avatar closly assocaited with death might be the better of the two.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B][url=http://img1.qq.com/comic/pics/2458/2458621.gif][COLOR=DarkOrange]KAMINA!!![/COLOR][/url][/B]

Go forward into battle! A true man never backs down! Believe in me, who believes in you! Pierce the heavens with your drill!!!

Kamina is totally awesome (not to mention 100% GAR) in every way. Firstly, he's protective of his friends (his brothers! Gurren-dan!) and that's always cool. He never backs down, and he will do anything to get exactly what he wants and reach his goals. He has a strict moral code, and he's making sure no one backs down. Kamina's a brick-wall and a symbol of hope for those around him. He is the reason Simon finds power within himself and he makes the big-breasted rifle-weilding young ladies swoon!

[quote name='guy above me']My favorite anime hero acctually a villin is Itachi ..he kicks arse ^.^[/quote]

If he's not a hero, but in fact a villain, why did you post him in the Heroes thread? How about making a villains thread instead?[/COLOR]

I would have to say Vincent Law, from the new series, Ergo Proxy.

Vincent Law is an immigrant who wants to be an ideal citizen, but in this time and place immigrants are looked down upon as less than human by most. He meets the main character of the show, re-I Mayer, and strange things happen and he indeed becomes an ideal citizen.

My favorite hero is definately Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. He is a killer!
He's the bad guy hero type of guy, my favorite anime characters, and he has the best attacks from the Fist of the Immortal Flame to that leathal sword of his. Remember, he did kill a guy with about 17 slashes that no one saw, not even Kurama.

Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin. Come on he got the name Hikitori Battousai. He got god like speed, and power.

I'm fascinated by the recent trend toward villainous protagonists (I'm not sure if I should call them heroes, and the term "anti-heroes" has been tossed around so much that it's kind of lost all meaning). It's like the opposite of the pacifistic Vash the Stampede-style hero who pops up in anime pretty regularly.

Three recent examples, off the top of my head, are [b]Light[/b] from Death Note, [b]Lelouch[/b] from Code Geass and [b]Hei[/b] from Darker Than Black. Of them, Light is portrayed most unequivocally in a negative light. With Lelouch, you get the sense that the producers want to have their cake and eat it too: generate sympathy for the character while still sending him off on bloody megalomaniacal rampages.

Hei is treated with more subtlety, which gives me hope both for him and for the series he stars in. He's squarely in the James Bond class when it comes to manipulating women and doesn't hesitate to kill. What I like, though, is how the show creates the sense that he's a product of his environment. He fits in (just like the starving bounty hunters did in Cowboy Bebop) instead of sticking out like Light or Lelouch. He's not an ambitious genius or anything--just a guy with dead-looking eyes and a lot of well-concealed anger.

I like moral ambiguity in my "heroes." But I'll take the type that's emerging in Darker Than Black over Code Geass or Death Note any day.

~Dagger~

I much prefer the "more villainous protagonists" then the straight heroic type. I was talking with another anime fan about this a while ago, and we decided that they were the more interesting characters. The archetypal hero is pretty simplistic. When you add in a protagonist wanting to 'reign over the world as god', like Light, or play the terrorist to achieve his goals, like Lelouch, that is where the who protagonist role gets interesting and the 'heroic' or 'good' nature of those sorts of leads becomes wonderfully ambiguous. Or in Light's case quickly become non-existent. I still love Light though. He is a psychopath, but [I]my [/I]kind of fictional psychopath.... ;)

Guest Chibimonkey
my fave heroe swould be van fanele of escaflowne i thought he was so cool and not forgetting that he is totally cute ^.^

If I had to pick just one, Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. He's very funny. but a deadly opponent, though he's still a kid and never wants to kill. He's the most human character in the show despite being one of the strongest state alchemists.

I also have a bunch of runner-ups though, such as...
- Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. She's incredibly smart, very tactful in her dealings with people, and has skill no one else could ever hope to match. I mean, she parried a bullet! :eek:
- Hyuuga Neji from Naruto. Rock Lee described it perfectly when he called Neji "the man who is perhaps the most powerful genin [I]ever[/I] to come out of the Hidden Leaf Village." Byakugan with the gentle fist style taijutsu makes every hit from him battle-ending, even if they have excellent health, and allows him to see almost 360 degrees with beyond perfect vision. And then you factor in his 8 trigrams abilities...
- Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist. This guy's always in control of everything. With him, it always seems like there's something he's not telling you. Even when he spells everything out very clearly, it still seems like he deliberately left something out. He does [B]everything[/B] for a reason.
- Renax from Kurau. Well, okay, I've only seen the first episode, but from what I saw I already think she's an awesome character. She enjoys being mysterious, and jumps at the chance to carry out the most dangerous missions. She gives the same sense of not telling you something that Roy Mustang gives, and I've always loved that in a character. And of course her ability to use the magical aura helps a lot.

Definition of Hero can always be a tricky one. Sometimes hero is associated with the main character but this not always true. In fact I'd almost claim a few of the characters named here to be more anti-heroes. To be more precise That would be Light from [B]Death Note[/B] and Haseo from [B].hack//Roots[/B]. I say this mainly because even though they may be doing things that may seem heroic, or their intentions may be good the majority of the time the way they follow through with these things are often wrong. And often they are quite misunderstood by others. I mean anti-hero is not in saying they are a villain, for example in Film both Edward Scissorhands and Frankenstein's monster are considered anti-hero.

As for my favourite hero would have to be Vash. Mainly because he was both the comedic entertainment of the show whilst also being extremely serious when needed. Probably no surprise that [B]Trigun[/B] is one of my all time favourite animes.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest willstar
I think Luffy is the best hero. The thing that intrests me is that he is hated (In a sence) by those who choose who the hero's are . Also it can be said that The people who are meant to be good are actually the bad. ANYWAY. I like Luffy

If your talking about hero, then it's... SAGARA SOUSUKE from Full Metal Panic!!....although i think he never realize about that....This not-having-any clue AT ALL is a war-headed and when it comes to saving he's *coughs*..*coughs* life, he would probably turn bizzare!!! plus no echii clouds on the head even on green lights!XD..(just like i said, no clue AT ALL :animesigh )..A true hero i say~ ^o^

Well if you mean "Hero" as in "good guy" then I'd have to say Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. For some reason I really like they way he does that whole mild-mannered alter-ego so-no-one-will-know-what-i'm-really-capable-of-until-they're-dead-at-my-feet thing... so much better than that bloody clark kent...

Now if "hero" just means protagonist, then Light, for sure. Or Hei (maybe), since he doesn't seem to be lacking in sanity...and actually fights people.. doesn't just stalk them with pen and paper.... :)

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][CENTER]embrace the shadow[/CENTER] [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B]Hero: Goku [Dragonball/Z/GT][/B]
An obvious choice seeing as he's portrayed as being the essence of valour and chivalry, offering mercy to all his enemies no matter how evil. I picked Goku because he is overly perfect in a lot of ways that really define a hero, he's driven by compassion and loyalty, throws himself in harms way for his friends and strangers, even after dying he fights for his world because it's the kind of guy he is.

[B]Anti-hero: Vegeta [Dragonball Z/GT][/b]
My personal favourite character simply because he actually chooses to become "good" to a greater extent of his own accord rather than Goku's bump on the head conversion. He's underused in the series but still a great character when you get down to it because he's not perfect or saintly.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I'd have to say that my favorite anime hero is Vash the Stampede from Trigun. I loved that guy. I still do. He was a big goofball until he had to get serious to fight. One of the best things about Vash though is the fact that he'd go out of his way not to shoot anyone. I think that's a good message to some of the younger people who watched that. It was like he went out of his way to stay out of fights and getting violent. But he was still a goof.[/color][/font]