OtakuBoards

The Maze [M - VLS]

Rachmaninoff

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Aaryanna_Mom]Now as for how the whole thing is progressing, Good Grief! You guys are brutal! After all that you've put poor Davis through I felt bad that I made it even worse. Though I suppose someone could end up switching Davis with someone else. But still! o_O I can see that this final round is going to be intense! And poor Lara. Attacked twice no less!

I knew this would be mature, but I figured it would be like the last one. I was not expecting all these twists and more adult issues like rape and such. As for your post Bethany... I swear, as a parent it never fails to amaze me at how quickly one's kids grow up. :animesigh

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and to see who finally makes it to the end. I know I'm looking forward to seeing how this finally gets resolved. :catgirl:[/QUOTE]I'd say that with your creativity you're doing a pretty good job yourself and correct me if I'm wrong but some of the style or rather nature of how you've been writing up Deoky has me wondering if you've read Mercedes Lackey's fantasy books since though they are different the way you handle villains is similar to her style. Though Deoky seems to be far smarter than Falconsbane and a couple of the other major villains in her books ever were. ;)

Uh oh, she called you by your real name Aaryanna, I'd run if I were you. At least I run when my mom does that! LOL

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing who finally walks out that exit and to any horrible posts by DB should his character die. :p[/COLOR]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people aren't holding back their switch cards for too long, since unless the characters divide into a wider area, this is going to get repetitive pretty fast (Deoky attacking the others constantly but is unable to kill them).

[quote name='Sandy']I hope people aren't holding back their switch cards for too long, since unless the characters divide into a wider area, this is going to get repetitive pretty fast (Deoky attacking the others constantly but is unable to kill them).[/quote]I think the only one holding back is 2007DigitalBoy since Darren hasn't even been on since this part started.

Rest assured though, if the switch cards remaining aren't used by about mid Monday, the Maze will be doing something interesting to motivate the players to move on. And that will be quite a twist, since the original purpose of limiting it was to keep the deaths from being instantaneous but not to totally slow things down either.

Sounds like you're ready to kill someone off I'd say. ;)

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hehe, sounds like Sandy is eager for the blood to be spilled. ;) It could get a bit repetitive, but at the same time it has been rather entertaining. I for one do not mind waiting. Though it seems that Rachmaninoff has already determined that those who put if off too long will regret it. Now I'm almost hoping someone does just to see what would happen. :p

Either way, once we are ready, unless someone beats me to it I already know who I'm going to kill. And even if someone does there are plenty of other characters who need to die as well. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff]Although things were moving along nicely, from the vantage point of where things were being observed a new set of parameters were being put in place, ones that if certain things did not happen would occur shortly. Several names were moved in position, their status,[B] Possible Termination[/B'], indicating that they would be the first to go.[/quote]Based on this I got the same impression, that those who wait too long to use their switch cards will regret it. But seeing that I just used mine, I think that means I am in the clear. ;)

And since yesterday was full of so much fighting and confrontation I decided that this time my post would have none of that. Focusing on them realizing that the traps were slowly becoming more of a problem as well as separating people up some more. So now other than Lara and Eflair, everyone else is off on their own somewhere. So now that just leaves 2007DigitalBoy and Darren to use their cards, before mid-Monday that is.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, it's Sunday, so... I guess if Darren doesn't use his by 4 AM tommorrow, I'll use mine then. I'd hate for my negligence to mean the end of my character, and besides if Darren doesn't use his then at least there's the possible advnatage of his character dying by the maze. (and by the way, I think I've got a good idea of who his is). To Rach: Please don't make it stop before 4 AM!!! And if I somehow don't wake up by then I wont be able to post till 2PM...

I hope I can make it in time.[/COLOR]

[quote][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
Lara couldn't believe her eyes. She was pregnant![/COLOR][/quote]

Now there's a plot twist for you. ;P

The question remains: who is the father? Deoky Shilos, Alden Courtney, or... [I]the Maze[/I]? *gasp*

[QUOTE=Sandy]Now there's a plot twist for you. ;P

The question remains: who is the father? Deoky Shilos, Alden Courtney, or... [I]the Maze[/I]? *gasp*[/QUOTE][color=darkred]*collapses and dies from laughter*

XD You guys are just too funny! I'm going to be sorry once we reach the end since this had been so much fun! :catgirl:

*giggles some more*[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, it's Sunday, so... I guess if Darren doesn't use his by 4 AM tommorrow, I'll use mine then. I'd hate for my negligence to mean the end of my character, and besides if Darren doesn't use his then at least there's the possible advnatage of his character dying by the maze. (and by the way, I think I've got a good idea of who his is). To Rach: Please don't make it stop before 4 AM!!! And if I somehow don't wake up by then I wont be able to post till 2PM...

I hope I can make it in time.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I'll explain a little better, I am in Utah, USA. Which means Mountain Standard Time. So by mid Monday I am talking in the afternoon, of course by my time. However, since you have indicated that you intend to post I will give you until midnight on Monday. Again by my time. I don't know where you are located, but that's about thirty four hours from now.

And yes, the Maze has one special card prepared should the need arise. It was something I kept secret since unless it was needed I did not intend to use it. But if I sign in Monday night and it's past midnight and therefore technically Tuesday morning. Then at that point the Maze will respond. Unless you notify me should something come up that prevents you from posting. Since I understand that unexpected things do occur.[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Darkorange']It was also the ****ing strangest post since this thing started O_o you frighten me. a lot. Cool though.[/COLOR][/quote]I agree. That was definitely one of the freakiest posts so far. LOL If nothing else it has given Lara motivation for wanting to kill Alden. ;)

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Sandy]Now there's a plot twist for you. ;P

The question remains: who is the father? Deoky Shilos, Alden Courtney, or... [I]the Maze[/I]? *gasp*[/QUOTE]My reaction was the same as Aaryanna's. Talk about throwing in an unexpected twist. And seeing that you have done so, I now have Lara wanting to do interesting damage to both Deoky and Alden. :p

But still... [I] Pregnant[/I]? *dies laughing*[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]But still... [I] Pregnant[/I']? *dies laughing*[/COLOR][/quote]

Oh, and at the rate her stomach is growing, she'll go to labor like tomorrow. ;P

Beware of the freaky alien babies!

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, you've been busy. lol Still it does bring up an interesting question. Each of us, once Rachmaninoff posts indicating we can kill, has a death card. So I guess I'm curious to know if the addition of the baby in the mix means that killing the kid off counts as your kill.

So if you could clarify that for us Rachmaninoff? I'd appreciate it since when the time comes I want to be clear on that.

Also, it looks like 2007DigitalBoy is setting things up for both Eflair and Lara to be the first to die, telling me that those two are most likely [spoiler]not his hidden character. [/spoiler] :p And I agree, it's time for a glorious all out battle!

Oh and before I forget, that part where Lara clobbered Alden was perfect! Mean as hell but perfect. lol [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]Also, it looks like 2007DigitalBoy is setting things up for both Eflair and Lara to be the first to die, telling me that those two are most likely [spoiler]not his hidden character. [/spoiler'] :p And I agree, it's time for a glorious all out battle![/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I assure you, I would never go through the trouble of fleshing out a character only to have them die first. If anything, I'll be pissed that they do, lol. Mostly, I wanted to level the playing field. We know a lot about Deoky, Clavis, and Alden, as well as a little bit about Andrew and Davis. Eflair and Lara, aside from not having much of an active role before, we knew nothing about. I know that I, personally, have a penchant fo rkilling the less developed characters, so I figured I'd even it out -- not to mention both are the weakest characters so their background had to have a little weight to it. Of course, for all you know, one of them was my attemot at garnering sympathy... :p

Besides, I also left Davis on the verge of suicide and Alden completely unconcious with his balls melted off. I loved writing that part XD![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]I assure you, I would never go through the trouble of fleshing out a character only to have them die first. If anything, I'll be pissed that they do, lol. Mostly, I wanted to level the playing field. We know a lot about Deoky, Clavis, and Alden, as well as a little bit about Andrew and Davis. Eflair and Lara, aside from not having much of an active role before, we knew nothing about. I know that I, personally, have a penchant fo rkilling the less developed characters, so I figured I'd even it out -- not to mention both are the weakest characters so their background had to have a little weight to it. Of course, for all you know, one of them was my attemot at garnering sympathy... :p

Besides, I also left Davis on the verge of suicide and Alden completely unconcious with his balls melted off. I loved writing that part XD![/COLOR][/QUOTE]I know, I was just poking you. :p Since I love how the characters are more developed in this one. And I agree the part with Alden was too funny.

Now I'm going to go and post and mess with what you just did. Oh what fun! I think you'll like what I have in mind. Hehe.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, you've been busy. lol Still it does bring up an interesting question. Each of us, once Rachmaninoff posts indicating we can kill, has a death card. So I guess I'm curious to know if the addition of the baby in the mix means that killing the kid off counts as your kill.

So if you could clarify that for us Rachmaninoff? I'd appreciate it since when the time comes I want to be clear on that. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Ah yes the matter of the baby. My thoughts are to make killing the child count as using your death card, leaving it open for two to survive the Maze. However, what is everyone else's take?

There's also the matter of who's character the baby would be. Since it came from Lara, and yet it hasn't been decided just who the father is. So that leaves it open to dual ownership on some level. As far as winning goes. So let me know what all of you want to do with that. Or rather what you think would be a fair or workable solution. ;)

Wow! You all can certainly get into quite a bit of mischief in just one day. Of all things I did not expect to sign back on and find Lara with a baby and Alden an it. o_O

My goodness this has turned out to be quite different than the original Labyrinth that I read. And in a way it's making it harder to want to kill anyone off since I want all of them to get out, well other than Alden and Deoky. Their deaths won't bother me.

As for the question about the baby counting as a kill [A cruel thought] I'll have to think on it. But for now, I'm going to go and work on a post. So please hold off as I'll come and edit this or post again when I am done if someone else has posted here.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Okay I'm done posting. Since you were talking about character development 2007DigitalBoy I thought it might be interesting to have Eflair nearly kill Deoky.

As for the question about the child counting as a kill...I'm still undecided on that one. So what ever you guys want is fine by me.

I am extremely sorry guys! I don't have time... My computer at home is down and I've been trying to get on at school, but my documentary is due on Friday and that takes priority. (unfortunately) I'm at my local library right now, trying to read up on everything, but its only a 15 minute session and I don't have the money for an hour session, so I doubt I'll get through any of the actual game posts. I just wanted to check the underground first. If everybody ends up using their switch cards and I'm the only one left, you can go ahead and consider myself (and my poor character) forfeit... Sorry again, but I really don't want to slow the game down. I'll try my absolute hardest to make a post tomorrow at school using my switch card. :animecry: TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

D!

[COLOR=DarkOrange]As the person who birthed the baby, I thought of it more as an 'item', if you will, than a character. It's fate would be decided by the game itself -- by the maze, if you will. I think it'd be a waste to make him a death-card death. After all, in that case, i doubt anyone would waste their death card on the baby, and it would live no matter what, meanwhile making it open to killing means it has an equal chance. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']As the person who birthed the baby, I thought of it more as an 'item', if you will, than a character. It's fate would be decided by the game itself -- by the maze, if you will. I think it'd be a waste to make him a death-card death. After all, in that case, i doubt anyone would waste their death card on the baby, and it would live no matter what, meanwhile making it open to killing means it has an equal chance. [/COLOR][/quote]Only an item? >_< Poor kid! Still I understand what you are saying. I say we leave the baby out of it, making it something that is just there. Instead of a character. Though if somebody has the baby growing like some freak mutant and killing a character I think I'm gonna hurt them. LOL

So live or die I say the kid shouldn't be a factor. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Oddly enough, i was about to do a part similar to yours, but you beat me to it, lol. Guess i'll take the next one...

Also - that's 2 for keeping the baby out of it.

>_< dammit, Rach, I need answers! I don't know what to do with Andrew![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Ah yes the matter of the baby. My thoughts are to make killing the child count as using your death card, leaving it open for two to survive the Maze. However, what is everyone else's take? [/quote]That's why I asked you since that's exactly what I thought, I was like, oh, now we have eight people here instead of seven.

But now that the others have spoken I agree that the baby should be left out of it. That it is not part of the equation so to speak. As far as Death Cards go that is. [QUOTE=Darren]I am extremely sorry guys! I don't have time... My computer at home is down and I've been trying to get on at school, but my documentary is due on Friday and that takes priority. (unfortunately) I'm at my local library right now, trying to read up on everything, but its only a 15 minute session and I don't have the money for an hour session, so I doubt I'll get through any of the actual game posts. I just wanted to check the underground first. If everybody ends up using their switch cards and I'm the only one left, you can go ahead and consider myself (and my poor character) forfeit... Sorry again, but I really don't want to slow the game down. I'll try my absolute hardest to make a post tomorrow at school using my switch card. :animecry: TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

D![/QUOTE]Sounds like someone is going to be punished by the Maze. Though just to venture an opinion. You could simply nullify their switch card Rachmaninoff and thus open up the game for the killing to begin. Though I'm terribly curious to see what the Maze would do to them. Hehe.[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']>_< dammit, Rach, I need answers! I don't know what to do with Andrew![/COLOR][/quote]But we definitely need an answer...Especially since poor DB here is itching for some action. LOL! :p[/COLOR]

Well seeing that three of you are against having the baby count and Aaryanna_Mom is fine with what you guys decide, the question of the kid counting is decided. The baby is not a contestant. So I leave it up to your sick and twisted minds as to what happens to the infant. ;) [spoiler]I'm predicting that 2007DigitalBoy does the poor thing in.[/spoiler] And now that that has been cleared up I believe that this:[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']>_< dammit, Rach, I need answers! I don't know what to do with Andrew![/COLOR][/quote]Is now answered. So unless someone beats you to it, you can have Andrew respond in what ever fashion you think he would.

Also, since everyone other than Darren has used their switch cards and Darren has indicated that they are having computer problems as well as other commitments, it is unfortunate but the Maze will be responding. I do not have time for a post at the moment but later I will return and do so.

Once I take care of that the restriction will be lifted and the killing will begin. It will certainly be interesting to see how this turns out. I know all of you have certainly surprised me with all that you have put into this. It's been wicked fun to read. ;)

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]I'd say that with your creativity you're doing a pretty good job yourself and correct me if I'm wrong but some of the style or rather nature of how you've been writing up Deoky has me wondering if you've read Mercedes Lackey's fantasy books since though they are different the way you handle villains is similar to her style. Though Deoky seems to be far smarter than Falconsbane and a couple of the other major villains in her books ever were. ;)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Thank you, and you know now that you mention it, Deoky is like those blood path mages in her books isn't he? I have read them, but it's been a while. I had forgotten that they get their power from the pain and suffering of others as well as cruelly torturing and killing them. o_O [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Well seeing that three of you are against having the baby count and Aaryanna_Mom is fine with what you guys decide, the question of the kid counting is decided. The baby is not a contestant. So I leave it up to your sick and twisted minds as to what happens to the infant. ;) [spoiler]I'm predicting that 2007DigitalBoy does the poor thing in.[/spoiler'] And now that that has been cleared up I believe that this:Is now answered. So unless someone beats you to it, you can have Andrew respond in what ever fashion you think he would. [/quote]Oh dear, that kid's a goner. If 2007DigitalBoy doesn't get the kid, someone else will. Though it won't be me. o_O

Though in spite of that I too am quite curious to see just who finally walks away.