OtakuBoards

Introduce me to OB!

Hylian

[color=crimson]I've offended someone. :( *sniffle*

* Knowing you, while fantastically enticing, is actually rather unnecessary to be tongue-in-cheek.
* Please, the words 'arguers' and 'arguing' for some reason are getting jumbled in people's head. I went along with Charles because I think he was being humorous. 'Intelligence', while bearing a passing resemblance to 'arguers' or 'arguing', is not being discussed in this hierarchy beyond "intellectual arguers". The DeathKnight Hierarchy of ArguingĀ© should not be used to gauge intelligence. That would be rude.
* BKstyles new arguing boss is 2k7DigitalBoy. Get to work on those rats.
* Unless you were being tongue-in-cheek too. If so, bravo and enjoy a promotion. If not, well, consider doing so next time and enjoy killing rats.
[/color]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]I've offended someone. :( *sniffle*
* BKstyles new arguing boss is 2k7DigitalBoy. Get to work on those rats.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Guess that makes me [i]your[/i] boss then, eh? Though i don't see why I should kill you as you request of me.

That better for tongue-in-cheek? :p[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed]DeathKnight left out the tier of posters like him who make zanny lists poking fun at everything just to hide how lovable he/they truly are. :p And to make people like me just laugh and laugh when they read it. :3

And one other thing: *pulls out her mod rod and points it at 2007DigitalBoy* You heard him! Get to work on those rodents! :laugh:[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed']DeathKnight left out the tier of posters like him who make zanny lists poking fun at everything just to hide how lovable he/they truly are. :p [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=deeppink]If he really wants to fool people like that, he should reconsider wearing plush turtles for hats. Everytime I see him being all judgemental, I look at that picture and think "Aw, that's adorable!"

It puts everything into perspective.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]If he really wants to fool people like that, he should reconsider wearing plush turtles for hats. Everytime I see him being all judgemental, I look at that picture and think "Aw, that's adorable!"

It puts everything into perspective.[/color][/QUOTE]Exactly! ;) [quote name='Charles']Now that you've mentioned a category for me, yes, yes I was. Yessssss.[/quote]Don't you mean a CATegory for you?

[B]EDIT:[/B] And just to be on topic, I will have been here for two years in July. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]DeathKnight left out the tier of posters like him who make zanny lists poking fun at everything just to hide how lovable he/they truly are. :p And to make people like me just laugh and laugh when they read it. :3

And one other thing: *pulls out her mod rod and points it at 2007DigitalBoy* You heard him! Get to work on those rodents! :laugh:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Yes, ma'am. After all, I do not even remotely trust you with that thing. :p Come to think of it, you have consistently been the simgle mod to patronize me at least 10 times more than any other in the total time I've been here, despite me having been here even longer than yourself.

Kinda reminds me of those stories where some young businessman buys a company and fires the older workers for insufficiency, lol. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]Yes, ma'am. After all, I do not even remotely trust you with that thing. :p Come to think of it, you have consistently been the simgle mod to patronize me at least 10 times more than any other in the total time I've been here, despite me having been here even longer than yourself.

Kinda reminds me of those stories where some young businessman buys a company and fires the older workers for insufficiency, lol. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter how long one is here; it's what one does with their time here that matters.

Also, I don't know that I would call earnest warnings "patronizing."

[QUOTE=Charles]It doesn't matter how long one is here; it's what one does with their time here that matters.

Also, I don't know that I would call earnest warnings "patronizing."[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]okay, probably a bad choice of words, maybe I should say I've gotten into more trouble with her than anyone else, lol.

EDIT: no, actually I think Arcadia is tied, but I haven't seen her around in a while. Is she still a mod?[/COLOR]

[font=arial]I wouldn't put people into intelligence groups, lol. I tend to think Forgotten Hero and BKstyles are pretty good contributors all-round. I don't know why some people get the impression that they're always at the bottom of the ladder, lol.

2007DigitalBoy can be cool, but he plays the victim way too much. 90% of the way he thinks he's perceived is in his head - and one has to be careful with that, because it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I never cease to be surprised at where people think they sit on the "ladder", lol.[/font]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]1. There was once a fad for families, I think I have a concubine too...A son, a son in law, a husband, and several sisters.

2. I'm famous? At least I think I am. People always called me Raiha and all that, even when I changed my name, and I've been around since OB was a pathetic little bulletin board with virgin sacrifices and everything. This couldn't surprise anyone could it?

I'm known for my rpging...and troublemaking.

3. I used myO, but then I decided not to.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]I wouldn't put people into intelligence groups, lol. I tend to think Forgotten Hero and BKstyles are pretty good contributors all-round. I don't know why some people get the impression that they're always at the bottom of the ladder, lol.

2007DigitalBoy can be cool, but he plays the victim way too much. 90% of the way he thinks he's perceived is in his head - and one has to be careful with that, because it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I never cease to be surprised at where people think they sit on the "ladder", lol.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]For the first part, I only said that about F-H because I [i]love[/i] making fun of him, as is noted in his sig. After all, he is one of my favorite people here at OB :animesmil

As for what you say, I can totally see that, XD It is true, because I am a person in my own world which I have allowed no outside influence on, trying to create my own beliefs and put myself at the center of the world, always assuming that everyone's attacking me and such.[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZviapIQbuwU] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maybe I just need a diet pepsi. (hint: click)[/COLOR][/url]

I really do think I should go somewhere near the bottom, considering I do enter most of these arguements with a half a clue of what I'm talking about and by the end of my posts I usually disagree with myself >_< I need to concentrate more on this. It doesn't help, though, that I only tend to participate in those threads when I'm in a bad mood. Otherwise I avoid.

[SIZE=1]Besides, at 15, I'm allowed to make as many mistakes as i want, lol[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=James][font=arial]I wouldn't put people into intelligence groups, lol. I tend to think Forgotten Hero and BKstyles are pretty good contributors all-round. I don't know why some people get the impression that they're always at the bottom of the ladder, lol.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]*eyebrow twitches* I would hope "some" refers to a [i]vast[/i] minority, since this is news to me, lol. I'd hate to think that more then a handful of people have terribly terribly misconceived notions.[/font]

[quote name='James][font=arial']I wouldn't put people into intelligence groups, lol.[/font][/quote]

[color=crimson]Neither would I since almost everyone around here would more or less be at the same level. No one here is particularly 'stupid' and most of the time, if they seem so, they are far too young for that to be a fair judgment or they are just not knowledgeable in a certain area.

A hierarchy of arguing on the other hand..[/color]

Hmmm...And here I thought DeathKnight was just being funny. Since I did chuckle at his post. Especially since I'm good at sticking my foot in my mouth instead of making sense. lol

As for the questions for this thread:

[B]1. Any fads here?[/B]

Beats me, honestly it does. Even though I feel like I've been here forever I'm not sure what I would consider a fad for this place.

[B]2. Who are the most famous members?[/B]

Again I'm not sure, though it's safe to say that members like James, Desbreko, Dagger and Sandy are quite recognizable. As well as a few others. Like DeathKnight. And many more that would make the list quite long.

[B]3. How long have you been here/Myotaku?[/B]

Well I joined myOtaku first on 05/02/06 no less so it's been a year. But I didn't wander over to OtakuBoards until the middle of December of last year. So I've only been here for four and a half months. ;)

[COLOR=DarkRed]The only fad I can see is Otakupedia and those ridiculous caption contests. There never seems to be an end to those contests.

As for famous, I guess I may be famous and there are several famous members. Though, I recommend that you make friends for the sake of making friends and not trying to whore the mods.

As for how long I have been here...I've been here since 2001, left, and came back in 2003 and now I come back off and on when Charlie drags me back :P

I joined MyOtaku the first week that it was created because I didn't want anyone to take my name. I do not go there all that much anymore. I am not much of a blogger anymore.[/COLOR]

Wow, I love how people can just stray off into random conversations here lol. Very entertaining to read ^_^! So not that many fads here eh? I just asked because I come from the land of fads, Gamefaqs. You see a fad on the internet..it probably came from gamefaqs lol. Which brings me to mention that most of you might not understand my references sometimes because of all the fads I have been indulged in...XD!

Good times :).

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']1. There aren't really any fads going on right now (Whoever said that "signature marriages" were popular clearly wasn't here at the time that I was spurred to create the OtakuBoards family tree due to how many people were related to each other).[/color][/quote]

You're correct- I only joined a few days ago. *ashamed* I wouldn't mind bringing the "family" thing back though- *pokes sig* it was fun on other sites when we tried to do it (I think I was half a dozen people's wife, I had three or so husbands, a daughter-in-law, a demonic pet)...

-----

[B]@ Hylian:[/B] You're better than I am- you could be making [I]me[/I] a sig! :animeswea What programs do you use?

[QUOTE=The Heart]

[B]@ Hylian:[/B] You're better than I am- you could be making [I]me[/I] a sig! :animeswea What programs do you use?[/QUOTE]

Haha!!! I didn't make this. People on other sites like making me sigs for some reason though lol. I did come up with the color scheme the picture and how they look though :). Someone else did all the hard work. I think it was done in photoshop or MS Paint >_>....

Edit: And feel free to make me a sig if you want to....I definitly wouldn't mind ^_^!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Hylian']Wow, I love how people can just stray off into random conversations here lol. Very entertaining to read [/quote]True they can, however, when you start getting too far off topic then it's best to take it to pm's at that point. So if you and The Heart wish to discuss signatures then please do take it to pm's, thanks. ^_~

As for the actual topic:

[B]1. Any fads here?[/B]

Worshiping Desbreko is always in style as well as following along with Otakupedia as it's great fun to read up on all that's happened to this site over the years.
[B]
2. Who are the most famous members?[/B]

There's really far to many to list here, since there are a lot of members that stand out. And who's famous really depends on who you ask. Or who you know for that matter.

[B]3. How long have you been here/Myotaku?[/B]

I joined myOtaku and OtakuBoards on the same day: 02/28/05 So I've been here for just a little over two years. Though honestly it seems like I've been here far longer. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Hylian']3. How long have you been here/Myotaku?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I signed up for myOtaku first, and I've had the same account since March 27, 2004. I guess I can't really claim that I've been there for three years since I haven't actually used it in forever. I don't quite remember my sign up date for OB, but I'm sure it was some time in March of 2005. I've also been a mod for one year now, hooraaaay. :][/FONT]

[quote name='2007digitalboy']Besides, at 15, I'm allowed to make as many mistakes as i want, lol[/quote]

[FONT=Arial]True that. Though I try hard to avoid doing so. :P[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I was a super moderator here by the time I was 15. If I made mistakes I had James to answer to. :p

I've been here since September 6, 2001. I joined when I was 13, so I fit right in with the spamfest that made up early OB version 3. When quality standards started rising I rose with them and became a moderator about five months later on February 14, 2002. (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to get the job, but I was smart and did it subtly. :catgirl:[i][/i]) It was the best valentines gift I'd ever received. . . . So, yeah, I've been around here as part of the staff ever since.

I joined myOtaku a few days after it opened, mainly to reserve my screen name since I didn't -- and still don't -- post on blogs very often. I've had more fun making my site look pretty than I've had posting on it. I tend to post rather infrequently about random stuff that I'm doing or thinking about.[/color]