Delta Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=#656446][size=3][b][color=#DE288E]The 50 Themes of Art Studio [/color] Underground[/b][/SIZE] Hello, fellow Spartans! It is I, Delta, harbinger of headaches and missed deadlines. I hope no one got banned while I was away. Alright, on to business. I swiped the idea from AngieChild's dA (Delta, no swiping!) and tweaked it a bit just to up the fun factor. I have right here 50 themes that need to be interpreted into 50 unique and tangible pieces: 1) [url=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2063/introductionce4.jpg][color=#DE288E]Introduction[/color] by cancer[/url] 2) [url=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/spamstick.jpg][color=#DE288E]Half-baked plan[/color] by 2007DigitalBoy[/url] 3) [url=http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/781/pastelgh1.jpg][color=#DE288E]Pastel[/color] by indifference[/url] 4) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lit.jpg][color=#DE288E]Literature[/color] by Dagger[/url] 5) Gold 6) [url=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26136][color=#DE288E]Melancólico[/color] by han ki-tae[/url] 7) [url=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26143][color=#DE288E]Otakuboards[/color] by Delta[/url] 8) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/mikkrish/Eternity.jpg][color=#DE288E]Eternity[/color] by Whiteblaze[/url] 9) [url=http://xs215.xs.to/xs215/07215/50theme9v2.png][color=#DE288E]Cat[/color] by Lunox[/url] 10) Black and white 11) [url=http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2255/justasplannedvb4.png][color=#DE288E]Just as planned[/color] by DeadSeraphim[/url] 12) Horoscope 13) [url=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26142][color=#DE288E]Unlucky [/color]by han ki-tae[/url] 14) [url=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9308/thatsloveua1.jpg][color=#DE288E]That's Love[/color] by Rachmaninoff[/url] 15) [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/Envy3.jpg][color=#DE288E]Envy[/color] by Cat14[/url] 16) [url=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26116][color=#DE288E]Sweet[/color] by han ki-tae[/url] 17) [url=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Illusion87/scan0013.jpg][color=#DE288E]Rage[/color] by Disenchanted[/url] 18) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/summer.jpg][color=#DE288E]Summer[/color] by Ezekiel[/url] 19) [Url=http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2792/delta50copygu4.jpg][color=#DE288E]Paper[/color] by White[/url] 20) [url=http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2145/kanamejx1.jpg][color=#DE288E]Tranquility[/color] by Keyblade Wielder[/url] 21) [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/WallpaperSexDrugsRocknroll.jpg][color=#DE288E]Sex, drugs and rock n' roll[/color] by Cat14[/url] 22) Spica 1 23) [url=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3007/evilhh9.jpg][color=#DE288E]Polar Opposites Part 1[/color] by cancer[/url] 24) [url=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/NightTime.jpg][color=#DE288E]Nighttime[/color] by Cat14[/url] 25) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/inmediares.png][color=#DE288E]In media res[/color] by Ozymandius Jones[/url] 26) [url=http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26138][color=#DE288E]Letters[/color] by White[/url] 27) Lust 28) [url=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/scifinerd/Celestial.jpg][color=#DE288E]Celestial[/color] by medafunk[/url] 29) [url=http://xs216.xs.to/xs216/07225/febf3.png][color=#DE288E]February[/color] by Lunox[/url] 30) [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/newsfromfront.jpg][color=#DE288E]News from the front[/color] by Retribution[/url] 31) Downpour 32) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/good-full.png][color=#DE288E]Polar Opposites Part 2[/color] by Delta[/url] 33) [url=http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5043/citragl8.jpg][color=#DE288E]Citrus[/color] by Jeremiah[/url] 34) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/siberia.jpg][color=#DE288E]Siberia[/color] by Dagger[/url] 35) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/mistake.gif][color=#DE288E]Mistake[/color] by Delta[/url] 36) [url=http://a499.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/l_6d4b4dd9a517ea6d82a8d6c5967fcf8a.png][color=#DE288E]Pride[/color] by Vicky[/url] 37) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/Pattern.jpg][color=#DE288E]Multiplicity[/color] by Delta[/url] 38)[url=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/BrideofDo0m/sorathehero.png] [color=#DE288E]Heroes[/color] by The Heart[/url] 39) Inertia 40) [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Zeitgeist.png][color=#DE288E]Zeitgeist[/color] by Sandy[/url] 41) Water 42) [url=http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6753/popmusictj2.gif][color=#DE288E]Pop music[/color] by James[/url] 43) [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=77539][color=#DE288E]4:3[/color] by han ki-tae[/url] 44) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/Untitled-1-1.png][color=#DE288E]Spica 2[/color] by Delta[/url] 45) [url=http://i19.tinypic.com/6fijpjq.jpg][color=#DE288E]Ouch![/color] by cancer[/url] 46) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/BrainDamage.png][color=#DE288E]Clouds[/color] by Ozymandius Jones[/url] 47) [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/ef.jpg][color=#DE288E]Divine[/color] by Dagger[/url] 48) [url=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7968/eggs01vt5.jpg][color=#DE288E]Eggs[/color] by SunfallE[/url] 49) [url=http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6020/quiltvt0.jpg][color=#DE288E]Square[/color] by Aaryanna_Mom[/url] 50) [url=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/Artwork/ArtStudio.png][color=#DE288E]Art Studio[/color] by Keyblade Wielder[/url] Easy, right? I thought so too; the task of completing all 50 pieces ain't daunting enough for the prolific artists of this forum. So I'm setting a deadline: 2 weeks. [color=#DE288E]In two weeks every item in the above list should be linked to an artwork.[/color] And not just any artwork. We need a recently-completed piece made especially for this challenge. [color=#DE288E]Why can't we submit old pieces?[/color] Because what we want to accomplish is a compilation that will more or less represent our current collective level of expertise, and the dominant style prevailing among the artists of OB. Think of it as Art Studio's version of "[color=#DE288E]What's in store this season?[/color]". I want your photo manipulations, drawings, and digital paintings. And don't worry; you are given complete creative freedom. The only rule is to follow the theme you selected. Ah, there are no prizes, kisses nor cookies to be won. Just for the heck of it, let's try completing another project, yeah? The challenge will start on Sunday, IDL reckoning. I encourage you to post your questions, comments, and suggestions in this thread before then. [center][b][i][size=3]Letters[/size][/i][/b][/center] [color=#DE288E]So basically, its just a drawing or whatever, based on the theme? So for gold for example, if you draw a gold coin, than that is acceptable?[/color] 1) Yes; 2) That's one way to interpret the theme. Even a piece inspired by Spandau Ballet's "Gold" is legit. [color=#DE288E]Do we have to make banners/wallpapers/whatever? Can we use other media, like paper mache, quilting, or cat painting for these pieces?[/color] Yes. Pictures of pieces done in non-digital media are welcome. [color=#DE288E]Are we only allowed to call one?[/color] As of now, yes. Just one. You can choose your second theme a week after the start of the challenge, and then a possible third three days before the deadline (if the list is still incomplete by then). [color=#DE288E]Do we have to put the number of the piece?[/color] No. You don't even have to put the name of the theme in. If you feel that the connection between your piece and the theme is vague, then please include a brief explanation. [color=#DE288E]Is there any limit to the dimensions of the actual picture/piece? Could I do a wallpaper graphic?[/color] There is no size limit. Hehe. Irregularly-shaped entries are also accepted. [center][b][i][size=3]Mini-Worms[/size][/i][/b][/center] There are 2 mini-Worms in the list. These work in the same way as the OBGW: the pieces should fit seamlessly when placed side by side. [color=#DE288E]#23, #32 Polar Opposites series[/color] is a mini-Worm should be completed by 2 different artists. Two linked works featuring 2 opposite/contrasting ideas or items. [color=#DE288E]#22, #44 Spica series[/color] is again a mini-Worm that should be completed by two different artists. Unlike the first mini-Worm, this one should feature either of these two: 1) the same item/idea or 2) a 'canon', non-opposite pair of items/ideas (i.e. thread and needle, peanut butter and jelly, etc.) [/COLOR]
DeadSeraphim Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Can I do Just As Planned?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
2010DigitalBoy Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=DarkOrange]2) Half-baked plan I call that one![/COLOR]
Shy Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [size=1]Question: Do we have to make banners/wallpapers/whatever? Can we use other media, like paper mache, quilting, or cat painting for these pieces? -Shy[/size]
Delta Posted May 11, 2007 Author Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=#656446][QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Question: Do we have to make banners/wallpapers/whatever? Can we use other media, like paper mache, quilting, or cat painting for these pieces? -Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Pictures of those would be wonderful! Feel free to use them. Oh, wait. Before I forget: we can only start submitting our pieces on Sunday (again, IDL!).[/COLOR]
SunfallE Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Are we only allowed to call one? Since there are two I want to try. If one I want: 48) Eggs Meh, never mind the question. I'll just go with Eggs since I have a wacky idea in mind. It should be great fun to do too! :catgirl: [/COLOR]
Ellerby Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 [COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I'd like 19) Paper, please. Two questions (I'm assuming no for both of them but I thought I'd ask anyway)... [list] [*]Do we have to put the number of the piece? [*]Is there any limit to the dimensions of the actual picture/piece? [/list] [b]EDIT:[/b] I got so excited that I went straight to work and finished already. [/FONT][/COLOR] :animeswea
Cat Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 Could I do a wallpaper graphic? If so then could I please do 21) Sex, Drugs, Rock n' Roll?
Vicky Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [SIZE=1]I don't really join in with art stuff, but could I do Sex Drugs and Roll 'n' Roll? I have a lot of Punk friends who are a bit obsessed with being in my photos =) [B]EDIT:[/B] Oops, got beat to it. Hmm... what about 36) Pride?[/SIZE]
han ki-tae Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 Hello Everyone it is good to take part on a project like this again.... I'll do 16)Sweet. *drifts away with a pencil on hands.... ________________________________*** Done!!! hehehe till sunday....
Delta Posted May 12, 2007 Author Posted May 12, 2007 [COLOR=#656446]I've updated the opening post to include the new claims and your questions. Thanks for joining![/COLOR]
Disenchanted Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [SIZE=1]I'd like to do -[I]17)[/I] [B]Rage[/B] Please ^ ^[/SIZE]
Ezekiel Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [SIZE=1][B]18) Summer[/B] Pleeeease~ Gives me an excuse to use terrible, horrible bright colours. 8D Wonderful to have another project to work on, and I'm so glad you're back~[/SIZE]
Horendithas Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [COLOR=DarkRed]Well since other mediums besides drawing, which I suck at, are allowed, I want this one: 3) Pastel It will be perfect for something I'm making. [/COLOR]
Ozymandius Jones Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]*tacks a little "Claimed" sign up by "Clouds"*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Retribution Posted May 12, 2007 Posted May 12, 2007 [size=1]Delta, I love you. Will you marry me? *hands e-ring* I'd like to do [b]30) News from the front[/b]. I'll be done by Monday.[/size]
Persona Posted May 13, 2007 Posted May 13, 2007 Let's try this agian...12) Horoscope please and thank you! ^.^
Riku Posted May 13, 2007 Posted May 13, 2007 [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Aaaah~ I've been waiting for you to open an art thread in due time, Delta, and here you go. You always make my day and bring the art studio back to life. I'll claim [B]20. Tranquility[/B], please. It'll give me an excuse to use my Tablet and draw again. I missed the art studio for a long time now. :D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Delta Posted May 13, 2007 Author Posted May 13, 2007 [color=#656446]Welcome aboard, everyone! Ah, the thread is already up so you can already submit your work. Remember: you have to wait 'til next Sunday to claim another theme and then 4 days after that for a third. Enjoy![/COLOR]
Aaryanna_Mom Posted May 13, 2007 Posted May 13, 2007 Even quilting? Then I'm in and I choose this one:[B] 49) Square[/B] I'll have my picture up by the end of the two weeks with my entry for this fun idea you've started Delta.
tachiKC Posted May 13, 2007 Posted May 13, 2007 i wuold like to call lust if you please. so basically, its just a drawing or whatever, based on the theme? so for gold for example, if you draw a gold coin, than that is acceptable?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now