OtakuBoards

What puts you in a good mood?

Kitchen Sink

Skateboarding puts me in a good mood. I hit the halfpipe, and my cares just melt away. For the time that I just skate around our skatepark, nothing else matters. It helps restore my smile after a long stressful day.

In summer, I like to swim until I get absolutely wrinkled. Pools with hydroslides to race my mates down are the best. Swimming also helps me sleep better, and after a day of swimming hardcore, I do enjoy my shuteye.

Being active and taking time out to enjoy life puts me in a really good mood. What get's your mood continuum right up there?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anything. I'm almost always in a constantly great mood. I mean, someone can make me sad, or angry, but I'd be happy again in like a minute. You kind of gotta learn that in life the small stuff doesn't matter, and it's all small stuff. Well...at least that's my opinion.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] well, there's quite a few things, like skateboarding, everytime I find a killer line the neighbourhood I go for it, if I dont make it, it's ok, get back up and keep going, it makes me feel really good when I wow the locals though.

also, music is up there on my list, I like to play the bass and the electric, everytime I play this house fills with indie rockerness, my favourite albums to play [from start to finish] are [B][U]Silent Alarm[/B][/U] and [B][U]A Weekend In The City[/B][/U] bith by Bloc Party, even though I may not have the right effects board, it still sounds like I'm Russel Lissack.

then there are video games, I spend most of my time playing either Guitar Hero II or DDR, I just dont find games like halo amusing. but when I play DDR or GHII I can feel the stress melt away...and all those eyes staring at me when I play. -____-'[/SIZE]

[quote name='Kirra][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anything. I'm almost always in a constantly great mood. I mean, someone can make me sad, or angry, but I'd be happy again in like a minute. You kind of gotta learn that in life the small stuff doesn't matter, and it's all small stuff. Well...at least that's my opinion.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]Mm, the same thing with me. A lot of things make me happy. For example, I got semi-promoted at work tonight [AKA, I start serving instead of hosting tomorrow]. Work in general makes me happy. Music puts me in the best mood in the world, as well as climbing on my roof. I also love boys and talking on the phone. Therefore, the ideal situation for me would be sitting on the roof, listening to music, and talking to a boy on the phone. Mm, lovely.

Also, Jesus puts me in a wonderful mood. =] I like Jesus a lot.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkorchid][font=times]Lots of things make me ecstatically happy. Bondage. Mixed drinks with coconut rum and ice. Folding nice fresh laundry after squeezing it close to my chest while it's fresh out of the dryer. Eating kiwis or fresh Oroblanco fruits. Feeding kads on Neopets one after the other until my eyes glaze over.

Levelling up in video games. Singing in the shower while massaging tea trea shampoo into my scalp. Discovering the uneaten pumpkin pie left over in the fridge. Punching annoying girls. All of these things put me in good moods. [/font][/color]

[FONT=Tahoma]This is a very easy question to answer, as there are many things little and big that make me happy, but i'll just make note of the ones that are high up on the list :

-[b]Rain[/b]
Rain will put me in a good mood almost no matter what kind of mood i'm in before it starts raining. To me rain is the ideal weather, because unlike the boring sunshine, rain adds depth, atmosphere, and mystique to your surroundings. It enhances my ability to think clearly and let's me sleep more peacefully.

-[b]Writing[/b]
I love writing, it's what I do, it's what I intend to keep doing. The only thing that will make me more happy then writing is when i finally get the opportunity to bring one of my stories to life.

-[b]Sex/Cuddling[/b]
Sex is good...very good. When i'm not having sex, cuddling is nice too. I think many guys underappreciate that.

-[b]Dogs[/b]
I love dogs....that's good enough, right?

-[b]The Mets winning[/b]
Number 1 in the NL east thus far, we intend to go all the way this year.

-[b]Time to myself[/b]
I hang out with friends a lot and whatnot, but it's really nice having time to myself every so often. It's nice and peaceful and I can enjoy even simply doing nothing.

-[b]Food[/b]
I love food, and thanks to my supernatural metabolism I can eat a lot and still keep in good shape. Hooray.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][CENTER][img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3720/an20open20hand20symbol2ek2.gif[/img]

[B][SIZE=4]+[/SIZE][/B]

[img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1533/roosterwb4.jpg[/img][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Gray]
Yea, I like to strangle roosters too. Mother****ers, always crowin' in the middle of the morning while I'm trying to sleep... and nothing puts me in a better mood then getting some extra sleep. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][CENTER][img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3720/an20open20hand20symbol2ek2.gif[/img]

[B][SIZE=4]+[/SIZE][/B]

[img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1533/roosterwb4.jpg[/img][/CENTER][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]funny pics[/spoiler]
what does the signing of the Declaration of Independence have to do with anything?

But, nothing really beats sugar high. Two big bags of Starbursts and a side of Skittles and it doesn't matter what I'm doing; I'm happy.

[QUOTE=desertphoenix][spoiler]funny pics[/spoiler]
what does the signing of the Declaration of Independence have to do with anything?

[/QUOTE]
I bet it put the founding fathers of America in a good mood. What, with not having to answer to a distant monarch half the world away and all..

[quote][color=#808080]Yea, I like to strangle roosters too. Mother****ers, always crowin' in the middle of the morning while I'm trying to sleep... and nothing puts me in a better mood then getting some extra sleep. [/quote][/color]

[color=black]I like to strangle roosters too. they are itches! I get them before I go to sleep, so they never get the chance to wake me up with their racket. And I thought I was the only one...:D [/color]

Ah, so many things that put me into a good mood.

Gardening - Whether it's to maintain existing flower beds or to plant new flowers. Or to work in my vegetable garden. I love working outside with plants.

Reading - I love having a new book to read. My day just doesn't feel right if I haven't read something.

Mysteries - It's the same as reading, I love watching mystery shows. Murder She Wrote, Poirot, Midsomer Murders and many more. I never get tired of watching them.

Music - My day just isn't complete without music. I love teaching as well as playing the piano and organ. And I have a pretty good selection of classical as well as vocal music that I pull out to listen to on a regular basis. And some rock and roll as well.

I could easily go on since there are lots of things I enjoy doing that put me in a good mood.

What puts me in a good mood? Well reading a new book can do that. I'm a pretty big reader and like to read books that are over 300 pages the best. Listening to certain songs help my mood sometimes right after a hard day. Hanging out with good friends is fun to do to. Most of them are leaving for college this year though. Last but no lest just hanging around with my pets. They can be so sweet sometimes but others there like little monsters but their my babies. :)

[size=1]Physical contact makes me extremely happy. And I don't always mean it in a sexual way. I just really love being hugged, carried, kissed, someone holding my hand. Even someone just putting their arm around me makes me feel good. Because it makes me feel loved I guess, haha.

Comic stores and coffee shops. I love the atmosphere. And I just like getting lost in a pile of comics or manga, not worrying about anything else that's happening in life. A cappuccino in my hand is an added bonus.

Stickers. Haha, they are just fun. I often decorate myself or objects in my room with large amounts of stickers. Oh, I also put stickers on other people too, I guess.

Sweets. I love candy, and I love bakery items. You can't wear a frown in candy town! :P If I ever have free time, I'm usually baking cookies. :)

Those are just a few I guess. yay.[/size]

[quote name='Fyxe][size=1']Comic stores.[/size][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I agree. The general vibe and familiar stench of paper always make me feel at home. not to mention being around people who actually care about [B]Yu-Gi-Oh![/B] as much as you do. I always find myself thinking 'why don't i come here more often?!'

As for other things that put me in a good mood...

Being able to write. whenever I et on a roll and actually get a story going i get mad excited and the rest of the night kicks total tail.

Buying anything. I love to buy stuff. If I buy something on a day, it is a good day. I haven't been able to nuy anything in a couple months, so there's been a knot in my *** for a little while.

Watching good anime/rading good manga for the first time. Just knowing that something cool came along puts a warm feeling down inside.

Having fun with my brothers. Every once in a while the choas is broken and we have a good time. This breaking of the cycle is where all my best moments can be found concerning any passtime.

Getting PMs from [B]Fyxe[/B]. It's always a nice reminder that there is someone out there who's like me, XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][B]Long weekends:[/B] I love having a school schedule where I have four days in a row off. Especially after the previous semester was full time.

[B]Summer: [/B]Because after feeling cooped up from winter I love getting out again and going places. Places that before were inaccessible due to the snow. I love going hiking and spending those long weekends outdoors.

[B]Sex/Cuddling:[/B] Because both are great. Especially when it's someone you've grown fond of. And sitting together on the sofa just to cuddle and watch a movie is great.

[B]Video games:[/B] I love it when I actually have time to play them more often. Getting off into RPG's is great fun since often I don't have time to get into a game that requires more than an hour or two to play.

Lots of other things too, but those are my current favorites for putting me in a good mood. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Doing a lot of stuff all at once brings me instant gratification. i like to be busy at all times, ven if it's all frivolous things. When i get in a mood where I'm moving really fast and I run out of things to do, i'll just start pacing around the house listening to music or randomly start cooking grilled cheese just for the hell of it.

this past week has been great because we had our exams and for 3 days i got to go in a couple hours late, plus the 2 days I had to do one I think I did really well. There were some times where i was a little down (or at one point extremely down) about how much my grades utterly suck and how much I hate my friends, but I made up for it by having fun and doing so good on this Geometry quiz I had to do today.

I'd go more into detail if I hadn't already talked about it in my latest blog post... (points to sig). Mucho gracias.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I usually just listen to my music when I'm down in the shiz. Or I come here to see what the hell's going on today. No I am not gellin whasever today. :p

I like to watch TV too, or talk with my boring friends. On here I usually look at the RP's, or I talk to the coo-coo-crazy guy above me.
(Hint: [spoiler]his name is Conrad!)[/spoiler]

But video games are out of the question now, because my poor paddle broke. I had to bury it in the ground and mourn for it for about 20 minutes. [/COLOR]

[color=darkred]There are loads of things that put me in a good mood, but I'll list my top three.

[b]Listening to music:[/b] Music is, and I'm sure many others, my ultimate escape. I love all kinds of music because I'm so open-minded, so I'm very easy to please. Music has me to the point where it just has to be on in my house all the time... it's plain weird without it.

[b]Playing guitar:[/b] Because the only thing better than listening to music is playing it. I only started to play less than a year ago and I'm pretty decent at it, but that doesn't stop me from playing hours on end and pulling all-night axe sessions. I concentrate so hard when I play that I forget about everything else. I'm just totally cool, calm, and collected when I'm in that zone, and it's awesome.

[b]Annoying my family:[/b] As if cranking my guitar to maximum volume didn't annoy them enough, but yes, seriously. I'm twenty years old, and immature and hyperactive as **** lol. This one happens a lot when I'm studying (like now, where I'm consistenly revising for my A-Levels next month). I'll do a bit of book learning, think to myself "screw this", and then go to whoever is nearest and BAM. I can annoy anyone with my presence alone, so this is easily achievable for me too.[/color] :D

[font=comic sans ms]Not much these days because I'm a moody old fart.

[i]Sleep[/i] - I'm always in a good mood if I can get a good night of sleep, but most of the time I don't because my bed is umcomfortable (and my pillow is flat). So I sleep during the day. (I'm a blood sucker.)

[i]Solitude[/i] - I love my family dearly, but I get pestered almost around the clock. Folks just don't know when [strike]to shutup[/strike] I'm not in the mood for conversing with them. So every time I'm alone I cherish it.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.[/font]