Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No problem Rev, I went ahead and put together a short article for the signature size bit. XP Anyway, it's up. There were some articles I didn't get and I wasn't able to finish the sci-fi challenge one.

In addition to being busy, I've been having the issue of having times when I can't get online since the cable Internet I have is being swamped by the return of nearly 50,000 students to the two universities here. XP Every year, the first two weeks of school result in slower than snot Internet or days where I can't get on at all.

With the population constantly getting bigger around here, I wish those dummy's would quit being so damn cheap and upgrade more often instead of waiting until we all complain because we can't get on. Anyway, at least it seems to be better. For a while there, it was really annoying. [/FONT][/COLOR]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I am terribly sorry for being gone for most of this month. I most certainly have not lost interest in this and I'd like to think of ways to perhaps change or make it a bit more appealing to others. So with that in mind I'd like to toss out a few ideas here.

The first idea would be to limit 90% of the articles to 500 words or less. Not all of them but to make it clear that each one doesn't require a full blown written article since many threads can be covered with a few paragraphs.

The second would be to change the headers for each story. Instead of the simple links, it might be fun to do something more graphically inclined, like a narrow little banner that is 550 x 20 [tall enough for text, I'm just tossing out a height here] with the title of the article that is about to be read.

So I guess my question now is do the rest of you have any ideas or suggestions? Also, hopefully now that school has started, all of you have been going long enough to know what your schedules are like.

And in closing, with some articles having not been written, if you've had one assigned for a while, please speak up if you are going to finish it soon, otherwise... I'm going to open it up for someone else to take it.

Anyway, I'll do some looking around to get some links of interesting things to possibly write about, but if you think a thread deserves attention, please post or write a short article on it. :catgirl:
Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well since everyone seems to have vanished... I'd be willing to help out with the graphics. I also like the idea of doing most of the articles as little tidbits instead of always needing to be a much bigger deal. Also.... If BKstyles isn't going to do the one on the padded room party and what kind of threads are appropriate bit... I wanna! :p Or I bet DB would want to do it. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
Well it wasn't intentional... But with school running again I have been a lot busier. I'm still interested in helping out so just let me know what you want me to do. Well other than the graphics, I'm not too good at that kind of stuff.
Posted
That's what I figured, that people were too busy because of school. No worries though. Aaryanna and I along with indifference, Rachmaninoff and SunfallE are working on a new format, or rather a simplified one where we simply do tiny snippets on interesting threads and yet it still stays open for more in depth articles to be submitted. You'll see in a little bit just what I'm talking about. :catgirl:
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[size=1][color=#E47833]Oh dear. I feel awfully terrible. I said I'd help out and yet I haven't done anything to help. I have this habit of sorting going AWOL on things. I've been trying not to but I guess old habits die hard.[/size][/color]
  • 3 months later...
Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That's right, as I'm sure all of you have seen, we are back in business. The option to help out is still available since my mom and I intend to keep this running now that things have settled down and thus made it easier to actually have time to set up an edition.

So any takers? Anyone still interested in helping with the newspaper? Just express your interest here if you want to help out. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Color me fucking impressed and inspired. I had thought the sun set on the OB newspaper, but for you to go all out and publish an issue almost entirely created by yourself is a moving effort. You can bet I'll be in on the next volume! Since it's exam weak I have hay bales of free time, so I can get right to work! kickass! I think I need to add Aaryana to my ballot of nifty, if she hasn't won already before.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="1234"]I whole-heartily agree with DigitalBoy, I'm for it again. I feel ready after my interview the last time around.

But I feel like the rebirth of the paper makes it need a new feature... not sure what though.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][color=#8B008B]Wow, I feel so awfully terrible about neglecting my job as an editor. But seriously though, I'm ready. There won't be any postponing of any sorts or whatever. =][/size][/color]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]But I feel like the rebirth of the paper makes it need a new feature... not sure what though.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Funny you should mention that...

Anyway, I'm ready to help out again and it brings up the question of did you still want to use the same idea you had for banner links for the short articles? In other words, this:
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
Personally, I think that if you did, it would be fun to start a thread and see what members came up with since you could specify a format that leaves a space empty for someone to simply add the text for the title of the article in question. So you wouldn't need new banners made for every edition.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
Actually I am interested in still using the banner links so I'll start a thread in the art studio to that effect, to get something that is plain and simple and easy to simply add text to for each edition. If there any other ideas for a new feature, I'd love to hear it. Also, now that my vision has improved, I signed up for MSN messenger, the details is in my profile so if you want to use that to talk to me as well, then just let me know.

Also, I'll start looking around for stuff and if anyone sees something they think would do great in an article, you can just post your intent to write up a short one here. Though be sure to simply e-mail it to me instead of posting the finished results.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just so you know people, this has not been forgotten. I'm looking on putting up an issue this upcoming weekend. After all, that Valentines Day prank practically begs to be covered, along with other things as well. Now I just need school to quit attempting to take over my life! XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...