OtakuBoards

Working on a Manga called "Secret Meeting."

Charles

I have this concept for a Manga, in which a terrorist faction was embroiled in a deep conflict with an anti-terrorist police force. Both sides are constantly trying to one-up the other side. The terrorists threaten the anti-terrorist unit with bombs, but the anti-terrorist forces are swift to locate them. So, the terrorists recruit the most dangerous of allies and make several desperate attacks. However, the terrorist leader receives intel in which he discovers that there could be a potential spy amongst his ranks--so, he wishes to discuss the matter with the anti-terrorist unit's leader, because if the terrorist leader finds out who the informant is, he is likely to kill the traitor unmercifully. So, the terrorist leader, not being such a bad guy at all, and would never try anything like this himself, wishes to resolve the matter in a diplomatic way.

I think the art style I would go for would be very gritty; the terrorist's side would use very few colors, while the anti-terrorists would use bright, vibrant colors. What are your thoughts?

[size=1]It turns out that I am working on a manga with a very similar premise, only it would be done from the counter-terrorists' side. My main character, the CTU leader Grape Ape, is a very talented and powerful leader. I know in my manga he would be offended by anyone who accuses him of planting a spy on the opposing side.

However, if someone were to be spying for the opposing side I couldn't say whether or not Grape Ape would be willing to share that information with an enemy. Perhaps each could let the other leader know who the traitor is, and they could leave clues for teammates to figure it out.

I haven't settled on an art style yet, but I imagine that the colors of red, white and blue would be featured very prominently in my manga.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=HotPink][B]I think that sounds like a wonderful idea for a story. I think you could always make it a little more violent, though, say....When the Leader does find out who the mole is, maybe he would...rip out his legs and throw him into the river of Saudi Arabia? ...

Remember...That it would be best for the leader to bring back up, because in alot of plots, at first it's all friendly and then...BAM. The CTU bags the guy. [I]I'd like to see the artwork soon, and If I can, can I stand right beside you during the making of this manga?[/I]...

Well, That's about it. Great idea.[/B][/COLOR]

[color=crimson][size=1]I actually had a similar idea, along Charles' idea, except my point of view would be a character that had been thrown in jail and given aspirin, and negotiated though. However, he leaked information and is currently in danger of losing his life, and the things that go with life, such as breathing, and seeing, and...being alive.

I wonder, would he ever get out of jail, or would something else possibly maybe happen?

Maybe we should make this a group project.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=HotPink][B]Good idea, Engel! We could indeed make this a group project! Maybe there could be a type...of twist in the plot in which the spy was a double agent! Engel, I think Raiha and I, one of us...[I]We could help you on the prisoner's side of the story, into which, if he would ever get out alive or not[/I].... I'll keep in touch.[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Actually I had a very different story, in which everything is done from a spectators point of view (later on we find out it's a man named "White") and he just thinks these Terrorists are all loyal to their cause and same for the Counter-Terrorists.

Then he discovers they're actually not as loyal as he thinks and one of the Counter-Terrorists confesses that he loves the terrorists and completely agrees with them. At the end, White reveals the chat log exposing the CTU completely. Who will it be?[/FONT][/COLOR]

I like where this idea is going. unlike Nom, though, I think the traitor should be used by the terrorists without knowing that they know it's him. that way they could keep him around and bug him or get info from him by tricking him and giving him false information, then kill him when need be.

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Actually I had a very different story, in which everything is done from a spectators point of view (later on we find out it's a man named "White") and he just thinks these Terrorists are all loyal to their cause and same for the Counter-Terrorists.

Then he discovers they're actually not as loyal as he thinks and one of the Counter-Terrorists confesses that he loves the terrorists and completely agrees with them. At the end, White reveals the chat log exposing the CTU completely. Who will it be?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=HotPink][I]
[B]Dude, that would make it like M. Night Shyamalan....or whatever his name is. Nice. [/B] [/I] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Nonentity']I like where this idea is going. unlike Nom, though, I think the traitor should be used by the terrorists without knowing that they know it's him. that way they could keep him around and bug him or get info from him by tricking him and giving him false information, then kill him when need be.[/quote]

[COLOR=HotPink][B]Dude, now that's a really good idea.[/B][/COLOR]

Well, in my manga, the terrorist leader does concede to The Grape Ape that there is indeed a terrorist spy amongst the OBCTU. He then proposes that the Grape Ape and the Terrorist Leader play a little game after the last remaining bombs explode, so see which side can uncover their "rat." However, I am not sure whether or not I should make the Grape Ape accept the offer. Perhaps the OBCTU wouldn't have the guts. Maybe you can give me some input Shy?

[size=1]I think, in this manga, Grape Ape would take offense to someone who trivializes the war by calling it a 'game.' However, he is willing to admit that there is a spy within the ranks of the terrorists as well.

Grape Ape thinks that with the way your 'loyal' followers are leaking information, it would be difficult for you to discern the real terrorists from the spies. In the manga, he would offer the terrorist leader a tray of cupcakes as a temporary peace offering between the two sides while they discuss the details of this further.

Your thoughts?

-Shy[/size]

There'd have to be some dark humor thrown in at parts just to spice it up. Like, for example, when the OBCTU offers the supcakes, maybe one of the terrorists contemplates shooting them in the face and eating all the cupcakes, but decides it'd be better to see how things go. after all, in good storytelling, it's the little things that count.

[quote name='The Blue Bomber']A traitor? The beast's claws yearn to taste his blood.[/quote]

[COLOR=HotPink][B]Ah, I'm sure that the beast in the manga story would probably want to ....rip apart a traitor, but I'm sure the beast should wait until the leader gives the order. In any case....Methinks that the leader shouldn't accept the cupcakes, because sometimes those cupcakes are truth cupcakes and will make people tell things they don't want to say like...That..let's say..."I'm a crybaby during flicks"

Haha, but that's just what I think.[/B][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Silver]Wow seems like everyone had the same idea and as it figures so do I. It's about a female terrorist spying on the OBCTU for flaws and to her surprise..she has uncovered a few things about those disgusting OBCTUs. Her first find happen to be; one day walking by their hold and finding teletubbies underwear freely hanging on their bright yellow fences. That was a horrible encounter...later on the twinkie and so forth. She's a brave terrorists who dares to defy those horrible kitty killers and her name of course just happened to be simplicity. Overall, I think all thses stories put together as mini stories...with the main story being both groups is a great idea as well.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest LadyMacaiodh
[quote name='I'm Not Nomura][color=HotPink][b]Ah, I'm sure that the beast in the manga story would probably want to ....rip apart a traitor, but I'm sure the beast should wait until the leader gives the order.[/b'][/color][/quote]
The beast is aware of only the leader's authority, even in the mad king's manga. Cross the beast and you shall be devoured. Step aside--give it its berth, and ye shall yet be spared...but even your salvation is unwritten. Your leader's order is unwritten. The beast will move on its instinct.

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I think, in this manga, Grape Ape would take offense to someone who trivializes the war by calling it a 'game.' However, he is willing to admit that there is a spy within the ranks of the terrorists as well.

Grape Ape thinks that with the way your 'loyal' followers are leaking information, it would be difficult for you to discern the real terrorists from the spies. In the manga, he would offer the terrorist leader a tray of cupcakes as a temporary peace offering between the two sides while they discuss the details of this further.

Your thoughts?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Interesting. I can see why the Grape Ape character would think that.

I think that in the context of the story, it would be odd if one of the terrorist leader's own men was foolish enough to do, like, the worst thing possible. I can also see why the Grape Ape would spread it around as propaganda. I think that, in this manga, I would draw the flippant terrorist, who accidentally leaked information in the style of a cuckold. Perhaps in anime spirit, I would have a large teardrop perpetually hanging next to his head, and his arm bent behind his head to show embarrassment.

I could then imagine the terrorist leader graciously accepting one of your delicious baked sweets and handing it to the mouthy terrorist, so that his mouth would be stuffed. The terrorist leader would probably then remind the Grape Ape that there was still a bomb remaining, tap him on the cheek playfully, and wish him luck in uncovering the spy--because the terrorists would show their intelligence by doing a much better job of it.

[size=1]It's interesting that in your story you make it sound as if the CTU leader is lying. In my manga one of the terrorists was foolish enough to give Grape Ape classified information under his own free will. I know that if I were writing the terrorist leader character, I would make sure that fool was punished in an extremely painful and public manner.

Grape Ape has a lot of confidence in his teammates in the story, so he would take that playful jest from the terrorist leader seriously. He would also remind the terrorist that these bombs were supposed to be placed in open threads, yet two were put in closed ones. Grape Ape would be drawn with a very annoyed expression on his face, perhaps with little 'anger lines' shooting out of his forehead, like in Peanuts.

It would make a lot of sense for each team member character to ask the potential traitors a few questions. Maybe there are multiple characters who have been acting suspiciously, so perhaps there are a few possibilities. At this point in the story each character should examine their teammates closely and try to see if they spot the traitor within their ranks.

I was also thinking of including a talking animal sidekick of some sorts. Everyone in manga seems to have at least one.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]I support our glorious leader in his attempts to create a Manga which will truly glorify our campaign to overcome the infidel scum and their attempts to coerce us all into accepting an OtakuBoards where fun is non-existant, that and I'd like to see all the pretty pictures... [/SIZE]