OtakuBoards

Tattoos.

Claire

[FONT=Arial]I know there was a thread for this a little over a year ago, but I think this is one of those subjects that could use a new one. I'll understand if any mods think differently, though. I just know my own opinion changed since then, so I bet others will have as well.

So, talk about tattoos. If you have any, what are they? If you want any, what do you want? If you're against them, why?

I'm only turning 16 next month, so I don't have any yet. However, I do love looking at them, and I do have an idea or two as to what I think I'd like as one.

Basically, I'd like a dead/dying tree on my forearm (palms up) with the number 337 carved into the trunk. I adore winter imagery and the dead tree is pretty much my favorite piece of nature (I still have a Connecticut quarter with one on the back, and I refuse to use it). That number is my favorite number as well, for pretty much only aesthetic reasons. It's the numerical version of "cellar door" in my opinion--the prettiest number. I'm not sure why I think this, really.

That's pretty much my most detailed idea at the moment. I'm horrible at designing things. I'm also allergic to a whole lot of things, so I'm afraid I'd be allergic to the ink. :[

There is one other tattoo I'm thinking about, one I would share with the vocalist in my band. It would be a small heart with a black flame inside it, and the letters "DF" below it. I haven't considered the finer nuances of it, but it's simple enough. The meaning behind it is that the two of us are in the Despair Faction, and we will be for life. We might as well show that somehow. :]

Okay, talk.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=DimGray]Tolkien. Nice.

As beautiful as tattoos can be, they can be equally ugly. I would never get one, personally. I am a much too fickle person to have something permanently drawn on my skin.

Rub-ons are fine by me.

[/color][/size]

[quote name='Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]Rub-ons are fine by me.[/color'][/size][/quote][size=1]Rub-ons are the way to go. Some of the better quality ones look really real, are hard to get off without too much effort and you don't have to taint your body. Besides, chicks dig rub-ons. Fact. Period. [/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Yep. I gots me a tattoo. See that avatar? That's it. It's right by my left hip, and for those of you who don't know, it's an ichthus [Jesus fish]. I've wanted it for 3 years because I know it's the one thing in my life that will NEVER change about me.
Plus, if I suddenly believe in evolution/Darwinism, I can just draw feet on it! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Mr. Maul][size=1][color=DimGray]What if you become a Scientologist? Or an agnostic atheist?

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Well, I can always draw another bigger fish eating it. ;]
There are oh-so-many possibilities. But the point is, Christianity is my life, and this is my reminder.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Personally, I have a fear of needles to an extreme extent, so there's no way in hell I'd get one myself. My parents have some sweet *** ones, though.

Firstly, my dad has tribals going up his arms as well as some other cool designs. He's got one of my mom in a sexy pose, one of a phoenix rising from the ashes, a yin-yang, and I think there's a guy praying too. Lotta stuff on them arms. He's also got a thing on his back where it's each letter of my mom's name in a circle in like calligraphy and in the center is the kanji for 'love'.

My mom only recently started getting tatoos. She's got one highly detailed one above her ankle of the Chesire cat sittong on a leaf with a heart above it and my dad's initials. She's also got one on the lower back of a mushroom on a pogo stick from the [B]System of a Down [/B] poster.

Both of my parents have and infinity symbol on the back of their necks - drawn in one circle is the sky and in the other, the sea.[/COLOR]

Guest Copycatalyst
I always thought scars were the tattoos of time. I've never really considered getting a tattoo. Maybe some day--who knows. Having "M" put on myself very smally would be neat. (M is what I prefer to go by these days--M is to ls and a v for vendetta.)

I've got a small, self done rune on my leg. It looks like ****, and was an extremely bad idea. Im hoping it'll fade away on it's own but it shouldnt be too expensive to get it removed. I used to have a small, self done anarchy sign on my palm, under my thumb, but it faded away over time (I actually kind of liked that one). When I'm old enough to get tattoos, I figure ill be covered in ink.

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b']I can't think of anything I'd want to have drawn permanently on my body.[/color][/quote]Same here, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Though I don't really care if others have them though. Since that is their choice after all. Though I do think the temporary ones that wash off are fun for parties and such. Or for Halloween. But permanently? Nope.

Guest XxricexX
[color=#E05860][size=3][font=verdana]I want to get some, but since my parents don't really like 'em, I probably won't get any until I move out. ;\

I wanna get my mum's name and a rose under it in calligraphy or something, since her name is Rosa. 8]. . .and as every punk/rocker does, I wanna get a star, xD;...um, demon wings on my back and one to represent the friendship my best friend and I have.

Yep--I think that's about it for the moment.:animeswea [/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=XxricexX][color=#E05860][size=3][font=verdana]I want to get some, but since my parents don't really like 'em, I probably won't get any until I move out. ;\
[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]My parents didn't want me to get one for the longest time. It just took asking & a really, really, really good reason in order for me to get one after three years. :][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Wow it's been a while since I've been here. Lots have changed so I guess, if you want be honored that I'm posting in here since it will be my only for a while.

I personally don't have anything against tatoos. If people want a tatoo they can get it, yes some can be ugly but to them it's beautiful. I want a few tatoos when I'm the age(i'm 17 now, woot 1 more year!) but I don't want to cover my body in them or anything. I'm not sure what I want at the moment but I know when I figure it out it will mean a lot. Every tatoo has a story and a memory involved in it.

I know I'm gonna be stereotypical here but say a stoner gets a 420 tatoo, then when he's older he regrets it. Well any tatoo I have I won't ever regret. I mean I may regret doing the things I did that makes up the story and the memory of the that but I have to also look at all the good memories that I had which this one tatoo can hold(remind me off).

I won't ever get a tatoo without any real reason. Every tatoo I have will have a special meaning behind it that I will always hold dear. It may sound lame and corny to few but to me it's something special that reminds me of all the good days with my best friends, my family, and my love.

[size=1]I like the idea of tattoos, and I'd like to get some. However, there is always the fact that when you get old and pruny, those tattoos are getting as wrinkly and saggy as you are. Yum.

The only thing that I really want right now is the sun on one palm, and the moon on the other. Symbols for dawn and dusk. The only thing I have a problem with is how much that would HURT. On your palm, it doesn't take much to reach your veins and bones. Maybe I'll get them on my wrists instead. I don't know, haha.

My lord. A friend of mine wants to get a Naruto tattoo... the symbol of the sand village. I told him: "Worst. Idea. Ever." He doesn't believe me. Go figure, haha.[/size]

Guest XxricexX
[quote name='taperson][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]My parents didn't want me to get one for the longest time. It just took asking & a really, really, really good reason in order for me to get one after three years. :][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#E05860][font=verdana][size=3]Lol, s'cause my parents are Christian also. ^^; But--uh, even if I wanted a tattoo like yours, they would still say no, xD;

Lol, Naruto tattoo. Btw, love your avatar/sig banner!<333

I'm thinking of getting Pucca and Garu kissing, lol. . .that's gotta be a bad idea, right? Like, after a break up or something, I'm gonna want to tear that part of my skin off or something, xD;,[/color][/font][/size]