Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#b0000b]This is one for the photographers in our midst!

In this thread, you post a visual (photographic) response to the last image in the thread. There must be a connection between the images, and you should [i]state[/i] the connection in your post, but said connection could be any of a number of things: a thematic element, a similar color scheme, the same setting, the same subject (dolls, trees, pillows...)

1.) [b]See[/b] the last image posted in the thread. This is the "live" image, the one to which you are responding.
2.) [b]Take[/b] or [b]find[/b]* an photograph that has a connection to said live image.
3.) [b]Post[/b] your image in the thread. [b]Don't stretch the page[/b]. Congratulations! Yours is the new live image, and the next person will reply to it!

*[b]Only post photographs that [i]you[/i] have taken yourself.[/b] Not things you found online, not famous images, and not caption-contest candidates. The word "find" is here to clarify that you don't need to take pictures specifically for this thread. They still need to be your work.

Feel free to comment on any of the images posted, but please don't "quote" the image about which you're commenting?that will lead to confusion as to which image is currently live. (Feel free to link to the image or to the post, or to quote the [i]text[/i] of the post.)

----------
[center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9105/554152158e6e1d0d11aiz9.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

[b]Comments[/b]: A building I snuck into with one of my friends. Every other door in the place was boarded up and locked, but this one swung open at my touch. The building in question was an abandoned, run-down medical facility on a rural college campus. "This is how horror movies get started." (And against all better judgement, we [i]did[/i] go upstairs...)

----------

Response:

[center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6901/5544121810e3ad4032fmr4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

[b]Connection[/b]: Old building! This is a condemned building near the railroad tracks. I guess it used to house classrooms, but no one's allowed inside anymore. Too bad, it's a pretty building.
----------

The second image I posted is now "live." Post a response! It can be another old building, something to do with music, a picture of a school, or any other connection you can think of. [/color]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]This really is a great thread, Sara, and very unique too. I don't understand why no one has posted their picture connections yet, since we have so many skilled photographers here on the OB.

[B]Comments:[/B] Just to say, the quality of your images is [I]fantastic.[/I] The light is just fairly bright enough to not give the pictures too much light, and just the simplest view of the opened door in the first one is amazing. Even the simplest things when taken in the right angle look so impacting. The second one is amazing, too.

But anyway, here's my connection to your "live picture".
[CENTER]
[URL=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/IMG_1808.jpg]Old Apartment Building in London.[/URL][/CENTER]

[B]Connection:[/B] When my family and I took a day trip to London (for the fourth time, lol.), there are a ton of old buildings and statues that amaze me every time I see them. I love London because it is the shopping capitol of England and it's history seeps with old knowledge and art. For a photographer that loves old things such as myself, this place is great for seeing the old and even the new. Anyway, the actual connection to your picture is that this is a very old apartment building. It's actually a few centuries old, yet still stands and allows people to live in it, but also being able to have a modern flair about it.

Well, that was a mouth-full of words, but what can I say? I just love taking pictures of something that impacts me. I want to apply Photography to what field I want to work in, so... you know. :D

Here's my "live" picture:
[CENTER]
[URL=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/IMG_1811.jpg]Statue of a Woman.[/URL][/CENTER]

My second image is now [B]"live"[/B], yay! So, next person, go ahead and find whatever connection you find from my picture and reply! Maybe something to do with another statue, a lady of some sort, the colour gray or even a work of art that resembles this. That's why this thread is so great; everyone's connections end up in one place.

I just hope people like this thread as much as I do so it can keep going. I want to go again sometime. :3[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE=Keyblade Wielder][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]
[CENTER]
[URL=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/CloudsOnly189/IMG_1811.jpg]Statue of a Woman.[/URL][/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]That's Britannia, if I'm not mistaken.

It the spirit of the statue's Greco-Roman heritage, I give you a photo of the [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/P_00289.jpg][b]US Capitol building[/b][/url] (live). It's rare occasion to get that close post-9/11, but I did because I was with a Senator and his entourage. Being an intern has its perks.[/size]
Posted
[color=#db2007]I'm connecting to the clouds in your picture.

[center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8527/1003526ah7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Shot with [URL=http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=KODAK+CD33+ZOOM+DIGITAL+CAMERA&make=EASTMAN+KODAK+COMPANY]KODAK CD33 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA[/URL] at 2007-06-26[/center]

Taken out the window of an airplane on my way to visit some friends.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]I'm connecting my picture to the sky in yours.

[center][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8167/windyskies2copyft6.jpg[/img][/center]

That was just taken from my backyard. My neighbours have some pretty weird trees.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#db2007][b]Connection[/b]: This was shot in my backyard.

[center][URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9391/multiplicityiu0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Shot at 2007-07-01][/center]

We built/dug/whatever that patio last summer, and my dad built the table I'm sitting/standing on.[/color]
Posted
[B]Connection[/B]: The somewhat three-pronged composition/arrangement of the multiple yous.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/DSCN0945.jpg[/IMG]

(The mutant carrot is sitting on a glass tabletop, although it certainly [i]looks[/i] as if it could levitate.)

~Dagger~
Posted
[color=#007520][b]Connection[/b]:
You have a 3 pronged carrot on a plate on a table.
I have 3 Canadian bills on a sketchbook on a table.

[center][url=http://r2vq.yamifarao.net/pics/S31S019.jpg][IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/r2vq/New/S31S019.jpg[/IMG][/url][/center]I like Canadian money because it's easy to tell the difference between the bills from the first look. The coins are actually in the wrong order. From top to bottem they are worth: $1; $2; 25¢; 5¢; 10¢; 1¢.

-r2[/color]
Posted
Connection: Money...

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26283&d=1184033002[/IMG]

It's mostly Thai Baht.. it's worth about 20 bucks, in case anyone was wondering.
Posted
Connection: Thailand

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/scifinerd/01ThaiAirport2.jpg[/IMG]
This was a statue/structure thingy in the new Thai airport they have over there. It dipicts a Thai myth that we actually saw acted out in a puppet theatre... That airport is really nice.

I was in Thailand in February, and obviously took many pictures so I had a really tough time deciding which one to use. I really liked it there...
Posted
[size=1]Connection: Statue

[url=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/?action=view¤t=CIMG0917.jpg][b]This one[/b][/url] is at the entrance of Central Park (it's northern end) in Manhattan.[/size]
Posted
[IMG]http://www.maj.com/gallery/Japan86/Random-Stuff/weird2.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="DarkRed"]

Took this in downtown Seattle.

Connection: Statue[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1][img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa82/brierlotus91/stuff01.jpg[/img]

Took it last week before my brother left to go to a college camp thing. He's the tall blond one.

Connection: orange![/size]
Posted
[CENTER][IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1816/autumnnu3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
..a crop from one of my older self portraits.

Connection: Random warm colors throughout the pictures
Posted
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Japan_86/dragon-1.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Connection: Asian

Took this at Uwajimaya in downtown Seattle, Washington[/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Connection: Building

I took this picture outside of one of my old homes: [URL="http://img317.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf07019oz.jpg"]Gas station[/URL] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Connection: Motor vehicles

[IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb53/catchinzees/motorsleep.jpg[/IMG]

There was a guy asleep on his motorbike at the side of the road - I couldn't resist. It was taken in Yokohama, just so you know.
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][B]Connection:[/B] The twiggy plant in the bottom right corner.[/COLOR]

[CENTER][URL=http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image007kg0.jpg][IMG]http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3029/image007kg0.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
Posted
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Connection: Tree

Taken at a park near my house: [URL="http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/3459/dscf07154ex.jpg"]Trees[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[size=1]Yay, my internet is back to work so I can finally join in. Now to at least get the grass out of sight...

[b]Connection:[/b] Castle ruins.

My piece: [[url=http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6479/bb000011rb5.jpg]Bavaria[/url]] He has an obvious red shirt. Just a hint for a next idea, because I don't want you to abuse the green of the trees to create another [color=green]green[/color] connection![/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR="deepskyblue"]Connection: [COLOR="Red"]red[/COLOR].

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b340/taperson/PICT0009.jpg[/IMG]

Taken before leaving for a band contest/trip to DC.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[size=1][b]Connection:[/b] Music.

[img]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2185/newcam20070726081re2.jpg[/img]

I took this during my band's jam/practice. Figured it was time for a photoshoot. :][/size]
Posted
[I]Connection[/I]: Jamming.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6740/jam1ef1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
[SIZE="1"]
I actually titled this one 'Jam' on my dA :animesmil[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...