OtakuBoards

WORST Music Artist(s) Today

Aberinkula

Nickelback mockery <:

[URL="http://nickelbackblowsass.ytmnd.com/"]http://nickelbackblowsass.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Two nickelback songs, and the chorus kicks in AT THE SAME TIME.
[URL="http://nickelbackracist.ytmnd.com/"]http://nickelbackracist.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Just hilarious.
[URL="http://nickelbackisnotcreative.ytmnd.com/"]http://nickelbackisnotcreative.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Once again, two songs sound the same.
[URL="http://nickel****.ytmnd.com/"]http://nickel****.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
Nickelback ripped off a Crowned King song?

>.> is this why i hate nickelback?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reminded violently of another band I can't stand:

I hate Meshuggah. Sure the vocals are terrible, but there are worse things about them. They have the Dragonforce syndrome: once you've heard 30 seconds of one of their songs, you've heard everything the band has ever recorded. All I ever hear from their fanboys is "YA BUT DID U HEER TEH TIME SINGATARZ??! TEY ARE LIEK CRAZY TIME SIGNATARZ AND THAT MAEKS THEM AWESUM!!!1!!11!!one1!!!1" And then when I say "Nope, they're still terrible", they always tell me that I've obviously only listened to one song and written them off. No, I've tried. I really have. I've suffered through three entire albums in hopes that I'd understand why some people are so excited about these wankers, and guess what? I got three albums of the same exact song. Sure, they can play songs in time signatures like 143/75 and 27/Blue, but that doesn't mean they write good music. Awful, boring band that I'm sure I will be accused of not appreciating complex music for not enjoying their pretentious monotony.

[COLOR="HotPink"][B][quote name='Felix Santiago'][SIZE=1]oh, The Almost is really annoying too.
seriously who names their band the [B][U][I] Almost[/B][/I][/U]? does it mean they admit that they suck when the state their name?[/rant][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

...tis a solo project for Aaron, dude. He could've called it Aaron Gillespie. Which do you like better? Aaron Gillspie and the crazy kung-fu bats or The Almost? The almost is easier to say.

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Also, I hate My Chemical Romance, because they butured "Under Pressure."[/color][/QUOTE]

Sorry, mate, havn't heard that one. Good reason to hate them though. ...O.o

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"] [B]Bands I despise[/B]: Fall Out Boy, The Used, My Chemical Romance (someone throw them in a volcano, please), Hawthorne Heights, 30 Second to Mars, Dashboard Confessional, Underoath, Angels and Airwaves, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Between the Buried and Me, Blink 182, Bullet for my Valentine, Chimaira, Demon Hunter, Every Time I Die, From Autumn to Ashes, From First to Last, HIM (someone kill Ville Vailo please...), Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, New Found Glory, Norma Jean, Papa Roach, Plain White T's, Radiohead, Staind, Taking Back Sunday, The Academy Is..., Thrice, Thursday, Yellowcard ( I can't believe they have the nerve to cal themselves 'unique') [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Have they really gotten up and said "We're fricking unique everybody, look at us?!!!". Didn't think so. But, you have every reason to hate Hawthorne Heights, 30 seconds to mars, Dashboard Confessional, Angels and Airwaves, new stuff by Atreyu, new stuff by FOB, HIM and VV, Chimaira,Norma Jean, Papa Roach, Staind, Yellowcard, and when I'm not in the mood for TBS or PWTs, you can hate them too. MCR is optional, I happen to like them. Just...not their new stuff.

And P.S. Anybody who likes any of Killswitch Engage's new peices of crap, well, heads up. It sucks. Don't like them just because you saw "Tha Arms of Sorrow" on MTV or something. Go out there and get "The End of Heartache" before you say you're a fan. DB has every reason to hate them too. lol[/b]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]My Chemical Romance. The music''s good... but the band!

My friend thinks the lead singer is so damn sexy! But guess what? he's ugly as hell's ***! [/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[b]It's more on the fact...that he can't sing.

[quote name='Jakehammaren']I hate everything you'd expect me to hate:

God-awful poser wannabe bands whose fans actualy believe they're metal, such as Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, etc.

Mallcore bands such as Slipknot, Devildriver, Ill Nino, etc.

And Nickelback. No-one should like Nickelback. I don't even understand how they're still making "music".[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But...who said A7X or BfmV are metal? And, Trivium are kind of somewhere in one of those underling metal catagories O.o Somewhere along there. After a few Nickelback records that all sound the same...I'm ready to hurt them very badly.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=3]Practically any screaming metal band ever invented. I love yelling and everything, but when your singing voice sounds like you've got something caught in a meat grinder it's time to throw in the towel.

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: No one has mentioned them yet.. shocker. I liked their one song- Face Down, but the rest of the CD is horrendous. I think I would have been better off buying Danielle Peck's self titled album and a large double double..[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

My parents use the term "got his foot stuck in a bear trap". Obviously, you don't anything about music, and you have the nerve to degrade anything by the way of it's singing? Not to mention that you refer to it as metal. Cough* Cough* Typical* cough Cough* Tsk. Tsk. Actually on the issue of RJA, the rest of the album is still bad, yet way better than Face Down or False Pretense. Which album have you been listening to?

[quote name='Sesshomarufan'][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Silver"]I hate their Guitarist though, Pete? He is such a self absorbed ***-hole[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ah yes...don't you just hate the fact that there are so many of those self-absorbed BASSISTS, with millions of groupies. Gosh, I see those in every band. But he does well, for himself. He's not too self absorbed lol

Well, I'm done with my ranting. Worst musical arist? Nickelback. Hands down.[/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='I'm not Nomura']My parents use the term "got his foot stuck in a bear trap". Obviously, you don't anything about music, and you have the nerve to degrade anything by the way of it's singing? Not to mention that you refer to it as metal. Cough* Cough* Typical* cough Cough* Tsk. Tsk. Actually on the issue of RJA, the rest of the album is still bad, yet way better than Face Down or False Pretense. Which album have you been listening to? [/quote]
*Cough Typical Metalhead Cough* It's obivous CHW doesn't like metal that has growling so why get on her case? Just like you don't like MCR (who would?) she doesn't like that type of metal. So back off of her.

I honestly think anything emo is terrible so all emo artists.

I'm Not Nomura

saying that she doesnt know any thing about music just makes you look like a total ***.

sure she might not like that kind of music but that is her choice and how she feels about it.

what gives you the right to say she doesnt know any thing about music? NOTHING! because its not like you know her in person.

if you cant understand the music, the singing or what ever, that does not mean you dont know any thing about it.

personally i hate 99.9% of country music and pop music, sure there are some good ones but come on.

and i agree with her, alot of their music just doesnt do it, yes they worked hard on it but that doesnt mean its good by her or my standards.

and so what if she generalized it, but it is true, most metal bands do yell at the top of their lungs and its hard to hear what they are saying.

so dont get all bent out of shape abut some thing so stupid as this

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][COLOR="HotPink"] [b]My parents use the term "got his foot stuck in a bear trap". Obviously, you don't anything about music, and you have the nerve to degrade anything by the way of it's singing? Not to mention that you refer to it as metal. Cough* Cough* Typical* cough Cough* Tsk. Tsk. Actually on the issue of RJA, the rest of the album is still bad, yet way better than Face Down or False Pretense. Which album have you been listening to?
[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Wait? Because you can't see that I changed paragraphs and I don't listen to what you listen to means that I don't know anything about music? That's a bit rude. And I didn't degrade, I gave my opinion. If you don't like it, fine but you don't have to get your shorts in a knot over it.

I never refered to RJA as metal... if anything they're another Emo-esq band with bad hair. And if you want to call me out on that too then I think you need a new outlet for your anger. But I never said they were metal so don't get up on your little pedastal and act like you know everything. Opinions happen.

Heh anyway... trying to think of who else I don't like... mostly it's more various songs than actual artists. Aside from the screaming and the growling I'm quite open minded.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Starfire0567']*Cough Typical Metalhead Cough* It's obivous CHW doesn't like metal that has growling so why get on her case? Just like you don't like MCR (who would?) she doesn't like that type of metal. So back off of her.

I honestly think anything emo is terrible so all emo artists.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]I hate it when people think MCR is emo, I have read something on them, and it did not say emo rock at all.

The band, Say anything is utter trash for that matter. From what I've seen in the commercials for the Virgin mobile festival, they are crap! "Wow... I can get sexual too!" that has to be the most ridiculous songs ever made! They have the nerve to associate themselves with the emo genre. They say we adore emo bands and we sometimes think of ourselves as an emo band even though we don't sound like it. Well even if that's not what they said, thats what it sure sounded like to me. Plus his voice is like 1,000,000 nails grinding a CD to shreds with all of the nails pointy ends.

So what [B]grinds my gears[/B] to the point of uber madness? Say anything, that's what! The wannabe band that thinks they're emo. If you don't have anything that sounds like that genre, than your not that genre. If only I was Lewis Black, I'd be all over this like a conservative![/COLOR]

[COLOR="HotPink"][B]Yawn. You're pitiful attempts to make me the bad guy do not work. She gave an opinion. I gave my opinion on her opinion. It's a circle. Get over it, and "don't get your shorts in a knot" when I do it.

She said unintelligent things about music, I pointed her out. Does...anybody actually know what emo is? It's screamo. Wowwwww. Research. Wiki.

Sorry, ChibiHorseWoman, but you shouldn't have said anything like that without actually knowing what the hell you were talking about.

And of course, we have these other two members trying to flmae me, you guys are just ignorant, she can stick up for herself.[/B][/COLOR]

While I can tolerate most rap, 50 Cent makes me want to bust a cap.

Generic indie bands that pop up here in the UK can get so annoying too. My most hated music is a type of metal I suppose; some people in this thread seem to know their stuff, so they could probably guess the type. It's like... all instruments are a thousand miles an hour, distorted guitars, no solos of any kind. Lots of low/high screaming. Is it speed metal? Does that even exist? lol

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]Misinformed emo-related ********.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][size=1]
I'm not defending that guy either, so I don't want to hear it. But what MCR and Say Anything play are so far away from emo that I don't understand how you could get that wrong. They don't even fit in with the Bright Eyes and Dashboard Confessional style of "emo" that I normally get disgusted over.

Now I know that you are going to nitpick at me to gain some sort of ground. So yes, I am aware that you said all that stuff about MCR not being emo. Nice.

But then you actually go back against that for Say Anything. I don't know where you got that from, as their MySpace even says that they're Indie/Rock, which is perfect (even if they are not, in fact, independent) for describing their sound. I have not heard Max say that they're emo ever, and they actually make really, [i]really, [b]really[/b] good music.[/i]

Prem, just... stop posting here if you're not going to try and be educated about who you're dissing.[/font][/size]

[quote name='Break']While I can tolerate most rap, 50 Cent makes me want to bust a cap.

Generic indie bands that pop up here in the UK can get so annoying too. My most hated music is a type of metal I suppose; some people in this thread seem to know their stuff, so they could probably guess the type. It's like... all instruments are a thousand miles an hour, distorted guitars, no solos of any kind. Lots of low/high screaming. Is it speed metal? Does that even exist? lol[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][B]Perhaps. Speed metal does exist, but not sure if that's what your talking about. Perhaps it's what I was referring to before. Screamo. That comes in different packages. Any bands that you hate in the genre?[/B][/COLOR]

While I do also like Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, etc. (now we're on the subject of different [i]types[/i] of emo), Hawthorne Heights and other such bands - Aiden included - turn ears into sea urchins. I cannot stand that kind of sound. And can everyone calm down, surely you are all entitled to opinions?

EDIT: Umm... nah it's definitely [i]a lot[/i] heavier than screamo lol.

EDIT: But then I also love stuff like Gallows, Enter Shikari, and Glassjaw...

[quote name='Break']While I do also like Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, etc. (now we're on the subject of different [i]types[/i] of emo), Hawthorne Heights and other such bands - Aiden included - turn ears into sea urchins. I cannot stand that kind of sound. And can everyone calm down, surely you are all entitled to opinions?

EDIT: Umm... nah it's definitely [i]a lot[/i] heavier than screamo lol.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][B]
Ahhhh. Well, Brand New and Aiden rool. Those are Punk/Post bands, like Post Hardcore and etc. I do have to say though...Worst musical artist= JT from HH. Man, I can't stand him. He messes up the vibe of the rest of the band, you know? But the guitarists are cool, but they need to work on originality a little. [/B][/COLOR]

EDIT: Perhaps, you speak of bands like Cradle of Filth.

[quote name='Break']While I do also like Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, etc. (now we're on the subject of different [i]types[/i] of emo), Hawthorne Heights and other such bands - Aiden included - turn ears into sea urchins. I cannot stand that kind of sound. And can everyone calm down, surely you are all entitled to opinions?

EDIT: Umm... nah it's definitely [i]a lot[/i] heavier than screamo lol.

EDIT: But then I also love stuff like Gallows, Enter Shikari, and Glassjaw...[/QUOTE]

[font=arial][size=1]Guys, [url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=45358222][u]this[/u][/url] [url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=51911371][u]is[/u][/url] [url=http://www.myspace.com/funeraldiner][u]emo[/u][/url].

I think that was my original point. So uhhh, hating a band [i]because[/i] they're emo is cool, but let's not do that to bands who [i]aren't[/i] emo.

I'm just seeing that a lot and it's really unfair to the bands and it's really misinformed of you guys.[/font][/size]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][COLOR="HotPink"][B]
Ahhhh. Well, Brand New and Aiden rool. Those are Punk/Post bands, like Post Hardcore and etc. I do have to say though...Worst mucal artist= JT from HH. Man, I can't stand him. He messes up the vibe of the rest of the band, you know? But the guitarists are cool, but they need to work on originality a little. [/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Fair does, you like what you like. :)

Oh and I think it's thrash metal I hate. Anything with a pentagon or a detailed cross or vampire ladies with wings or people bathing in blood on the album cover screams "Russell you cannot buy this!" Too dark and way too unoriginal for my liking. Of course you can't always tell by the album cover... I think I've probably just covered about 8 types of metal. I don't really like it that much :animeswea

EDIT: Face, alright alright! I've just always thought of emo as "emotional"!

EDIT: And that's why I like that bands I said I do. Not in the proper classification of emo. Man this is silly lol.

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura][COLOR="bright pink"']Does...anybody actually know what emo is? It's screamo. [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR="Navy"]I love you man!

And G_F, ummm, I made this thread so I have the right as a member to post here. Capeech? :wink: If I'm misinformed I'll delete it, Kay? Just. Drop. It. Either way, I still think they're bad, and they should be forced to play thw virtual boy for 5 days straight. Now that's even worse than SA .[/COLOR]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][COLOR="HotPink"][B]Aha, don't be too afraid by that stuff. It's there to make them seem more badass than the next band. lol

Good thing you don't live in [I]Norway.[/I]

P.S. Kudos to Kev.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Metal [i]and[/i] in Norwegian? x_x

I'd hate it so much.

That reminds me, I also hate this genre in the UK called Garage. Look it up on Wiki if you don't know what it is. It's terrible. Honestly.

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][COLOR="HotPink"][B]Yawn. You're pitiful attempts to make me the bad guy do not work. She gave an opinion. I gave my opinion on her opinion. It's a circle. Get over it, and "don't get your shorts in a knot" when I do it.[/QUOTE]
Well then that being said I'm giving my opinion on your opinion.

[QUOTE]She said unintelligent things about music, I pointed her out. Does...anybody actually know what emo is? It's screamo. Wowwwww. Research. Wiki.[/QUOTE]
Unintelligent? Dearie,you are the unintelligent one. You know what? You are indeed the stereo-typical metalhead. Way to go proving we're different. And for one thing,emo isn't screamo. They're two different things. Learn the difference.

[QUOTE]And of course, we have these other two members trying to flmae me, you guys are just ignorant, she can stick up for herself.[/QUOTE]
I'm the ignorant one? Haha funny! You're one who's getting all ***** about this.

[quote name='Starfire0567']
I'm the ignorant one? Haha funny! You're one who's getting all ***** about this.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]He could say the same thing, ya know?

So what if he's a metalhead, he's proud of it, and I'm another proud [I]typical [/I]metalhead. If you do't like it, deal with it and stop arguing! Your not phasing him![/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]He could say the same thing, ya know?

So what if he's a metalhead, he's proud of it, and I'm another proud [I]typical [/I]metalhead. If you do't like it, deal with it and stop arguing! Your not phasing him![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I said sterotypical.