OtakuBoards

WORST Music Artist(s) Today

Aberinkula

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Because he's with Good Charlotte. A [COLOR="DarkOrange"]dead cat[/COLOR] would sound good next to them.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]No no no, you leave out the fact, [COLOR="DarkOrange"]that the cat was alive before it was on stage with them[/COLOR].[/SIZE]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]Because he's with Good Charlotte. A [COLOR="DarkOrange"]dead cat[/COLOR] would sound good next to them.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Huh? I hope you know Good Charlette was great back in the day. Unless your just reffering to M. Shadows? Now I've lost all interest witht eh punk-rock genre. I don't like Sum 41 anymore, nor do I like most of the bands I used to. I must admit though, the Killers is a really good band. I like some of those guy's songs.

I've gotten into some of the older rock bands as well, Nirvana is really good. but as for as classics go Scorpians, AC/DC, and Metallica are really the gretest in my eyes.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]lol, you just said "punk rock" and "The Killers" in the same paragraph.

And really, you should just stop talking about genres and just stick with naming bands, because Sum 41 isn't punk, either.

I hate doing this, but damn.[/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]I just read that sum 41 is Pop Punk and Alternative rock, sorry I missed 1 word. I'm just [I]sooooo[/I] damn sorry! and the Killers are synth rock. And if you hate doing this then don't do it!

Pop punk fuses punk-rock and pop elements. [/COLOR]

So true.

As for Waking The Fallen, musically it was brilliant. The vocals ruined it for me, though.

EDIT: All these genre classifications remind me of Pokemon Cards - in a bad way. It is so silly! :(

[font=arial][size=1]In all honesty, though, I think The Dillinger Escape Plan said it best:

[quote]MTV.com reports: A beef between AVENGED SEVENFOLD and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN is taking shape. According to DILLINGER's MySpace page, a feud had been festering for several months when AVENGED frontman M. Shadows turned up the heat during a recent interview, saying DILLINGER "make sh---y noises and try to pass it off as music." "What about bands that make sh---y noise and try to pass it off as GUNS N' ROSES?" a DILLINGER MySpace post read in response. "This guy and his merry band of musical clowns get more hilarious by the minute. M. Shadows' real name is Matt Sanders or some sh--." With that in mind, DILLINGER say they've decided to change their stage names in derision. "So, in his honor, our new names are officially as follows: G. Piranha, Blaster Master Weinman, Bullwhip Benoit, Corpsef---er Pennie [and] Leafeater Wilson. Those are going to be the names on our new CD ? 100 percent serious."[/quote]
(2006)[/font][/size]

[quote name='Goodbye, Face'][font=arial][size=1]In all honesty, though, I think The Dillinger Escape Plan said it best:

(2006)[/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]M. Shadows had no right at all to say that. If they think the Dillinger Escape Plan's music is shity that's OK, but they shoudn't have announced it on national TV. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I really cannot stand most metalcore. [B]As I Lay Dying[/B], [B]Atreyu[/B], [B]Underoath[/B], [B]Norma Jean[/B], etc. All the songs have the same familiar elements; drop-D/C chug riff with the double bass flourishes in the beginning, screamed verses and sung choruses, then poof! lame-***-no-talent-open-string-palm-muted breakdown. I don't understand how the fanbase tells the bands apart.

And when the hell did [B]Nirvana[/B] become 'classic rock'?! I didn't get the memo. I was little when I first heard them, maybe 5 years old. When I think of classic rock, I think of, jeez, like the[B] Doobie Brothers[/B] or [B]Foghat[/B]. Not freaking [B]Nirvana[/B]. I swear, Kurt Cobain in spinning in his grave cuz of you damn kids. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Wow, I've missed so many chances to be pretentious and correct people during this thread, I think I could cry. Dangit!

Oh well. I'll just have to come in at this: Synth Rock is not a genre. At all. Ever.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="navy"]At the rate this thread was arguing, it would be hard to keep up anyways.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Synth rock is a descriptive phrase applied to the work of a variety of musical artists. Principally, these artists share in the use of intentionally artificial sounds, produced through synthesizers, samplers and drum machines.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]That pretty much sums Synth Rock as a phrase not a genre, so Jake is correct, yet there is someone reading this and going "nuh-uh, no it ain't sir!". I hope I can get into college for modern msuci history. I wanted to become a video game programmer, but my dream changed when music became bigger in my life. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Prem, honestly, just close your mouth about genre altogether. Don't try to support the people who sound smart, and don't try to sound smart yourself, because you're only going to get yelled at more >_>

Anyway, I personally try not to hold my opinion toward the members of a band in regards to how I think of their music. I hate [B]M. Shadows [/B]with a complete vengeance, especially because they even made fun of [B]Coheed[/B], my favorite band, who is much better than them technically and just in general. I can ignore this, though, if I think their music is good, and it is pretty good, so I can enjoy it.

I've liked about half the songs I've heard on [B]Waking the Fallen[/B], and disliked the other half. The ones that sound too much like [B]Pantera [/B]or somethig annoy me because I don't like Pantera, and the ones with too much of that horrendous screaming are of course ruinous. The one song that they had as their single was pretty cool, and I kind of liked [B]Chapter Four [/B]and one or two others. Really, though, nothing I thought compares to CoE.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Hey, I think it's perfectly fine to disregard a band based on it's members. For example, I refuse to listen to [B]Burzum[/B] based solely on the fact that I could never support anything masterminded by Varg Vikernes.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well... that's kind of different. If they are forcing that kind of thing on you in their lyrics, then that counts as part of their music. It's not like M. Shadows is singing about how much DEP sucks...[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well... that's kind of different. If they are forcing that kind of thing on you in their lyrics, then that counts as part of their music. It's not like M. Shadows is singing about how much DEP sucks...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, Burzum's lyrics were about Lord of the Rings and fantasy subjects. So really, it didn't come across in his music. So I honestly don't listen to Burzum because I disapprove of the musician behind it.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]

Anyway, I personally try not to hold my opinion toward the members of a band in regards to how I think of their music. I hate [B]M. Shadows [/B]with a complete vengeance, especially because they even made fun of [B]Coheed[/B], my favorite band, who is much better than them technically and just in general. I can ignore this, though, if I think their music is good, and it is pretty good, so I can enjoy it.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"][B]Coheed & Cambria[/B] is a really good band. Despite only hearing 'Suffering' and 1 other song. They are really good, and they also have one of the longest CD titles I've ever seen. "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume 1: From Fear Thorugh the Eyes of Madness." Something about he vocalist's voice attracts me to the band. He has crazy hair too. >_<

The video for Suffereing was pretty cool too. I plan on getting one of they're CD's. Whichever is the best one![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Anyway, I personally try not to hold my opinion toward the members of a band in regards to how I think of their music.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] I agree with you on that DB. For example, I don't exactly like Faith Hill as much as I used to after she said some really nasty things about Carrie Underwood at last year's CMA's and not too fond of Toby Keith because of some things he's said about Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks (as well as the fact that he doctored a photo of her posing with Saddam Hussein after the comment she made about Bush in 2003) But I still like most of their music and personal comments aside to some of my other favorite artists, they're probably decent people.

And now I have to go to work... Dammit late again.

PS Thanks for a few pages back.[/color][/font]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I've liked about half the songs I've heard on [B]Waking the Fallen[/B], and disliked the other half. The ones that sound too much like [B]Pantera [/B]or somethig annoy me because I don't like Pantera, and the ones with too much of that horrendous screaming are of course ruinous. The one song that they had as their single was pretty cool, and I kind of liked [B]Chapter Four [/B]and one or two others. Really, though, nothing I thought compares to CoE.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I would say about half on that album too. There is something about Shadows' screaming that makes me want to run out of the room screaming... probably better than he does. I am impressed with the drummer of A7X, very much so, and I am impressed with the guitarists. The sound is like nothing I've heard (and I don't know much Pantera, or any metal band, so :p)

But if there's ever a screamer it's Daryl Palumbo from [b]Glassjaw[/b]. He is brilliant. If you can be brilliant at that sort of thing. I think you can. Shadows sounds like a gurgling drain next to him.

CoE... Church of England?

You can indeed be a brilliant screamer. It's called being Mikael Ã…kerfeldt from Opeth. He's got a very well, controlled harsh vocal that is better than almost everyone in the music world, and he does it without destroying his voice, as can be heard in his incredibly smooth clean vocals. All hail the mighty Opeth!

[quote name='Jakehammaren']You can indeed be a brilliant screamer. It's called being Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth. He's got a very well, controlled harsh vocal that is better than almost everyone in the music world, and he does it without destroying his voice, as can be heard in his incredibly smooth clean vocals. All hail the mighty Opeth![/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Yeah, that guy is pretty insane. I think that the Cannibal Corpse and DevilDriver vocalists are pretty good too, from what I've heard that is, since I don't really listen to them. But everything in music is an art, I reckon, whether you play the triangle, or scream instead of sing. It still requires skill (unless you're in Slipknot and your required skill is to run and jump around the stage).[/color]

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred](unless you're in Slipknot and your required skill is to run and jump around the stage).[/color][/QUOTE]

Hahaha, sounds about right.

Don't think I'll even listen to Cannibal Corpse. Ever. In my whole life. The album art, the song names... I couldn't begin to think what they sounded like. I prefer something a lot more normal, like Glassjaw (I keep banging on about them lol).

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]Yeah, that guy is pretty insane. I think that the Cannibal Corpse and DevilDriver vocalists are pretty good too, from what I've heard that is, since I don't really listen to them. But everything in music is an art, I reckon, whether you play the triangle, or scream instead of sing. It still requires skill (unless you're in Slipknot and your required skill is to run and jump around the stage).[/color][/QUOTE]

DevilDriver is one of the worst bands of all time. Cannibal Corpse are very talented musicians and their music is very difficult to play, but I hate it. A lot. I can't sit through a single song of theirs.

[color=darkred]Me neither. My friend is always trying to force those two in particular on me. There are very few death metal and screaming/growling/throaty bands that I actually enjoy listening to. Arch Enemy, Carcass, In Flames, and Children of Bodom to name a couple.[/color]

[quote name='Bombu'][color=darkred]Me neither. My friend is always trying to force those two in particular on me. There are very few death metal and screaming/growling/throaty bands that I actually enjoy listening to. Arch Enemy, Carcass, In Flames, and Children of Bodom to name a couple.[/color][/QUOTE]

DEATH METAL! That was what I couldn't think of. That is the genre I... 'hate' isn't strong enough... I execrate Death Metal ;)

Why all the hate against Devil Driver?

I think they are among one of my favorite bands, i admit they can lack in the creativity area but i honestly enjoy their music.

I could be biased because I loved Coal Chamber, but I think they rock.

My worst music artist today would probably have to be the singer from Flyleaf. I really hate her nasal voice, it honestly stings me to the bone.

Then she covered a NIN song......ughghghgh