OtakuBoards

Awful Customer experiences

TheShinje

[size=1]Well, since we've got the bad retailers thread, I thought I'd start onbe about awful customer interactions. ^_^

I work at McDonald's, so every bad customer I've had thinks that a) the sun shines out of them and b) they're always right. Even if they made the mistake of ordering the wrong burger, it's you who didn't hear them correctly, because you're, as the retialer, always the wrong one. :p

This one lady we had come into the store today took the cake. She got upset at me for not ordering her meal for her.

Short story long, she came in to the store about lunch time and jumped the queue. I ignored her until the line had dissapeared and only then did I attend to her. When I did go to take her order, she just barked some random nonsense about having me suggest and order her what I felt like she would like. Trouble was, anythign I suggested was quickly followed up by "I don't like that!"

[/size][size=4]o_O;[/size][size=1]

Seriously, what the f... fudge topping?

I politely told her that we, shock horror, have a menu. This did not sit well with her and she continued to kick up a stink. Trying my best not to laugh and cry at the same time, I entertained her ramblings, all the while hoping she would just give up and go away.

Fortunately, my manager was passing by and, upon hearing her nonsense, politely told her to leave the store. Vindicated, I continued on with my job, serving the poor, rational customers who had to wait through the nonsense ot get their burgers.

Bad customers? Care to share?[/size]

I worked on the betting tills at Royal Ascot festival. The number of women that come up to the window in gigantic hats and start the transaction with "you realise I haven't got a clue what I'm doing!".

We were advised in training to keep the customer's cash in plain sight until they've left the window - that is, don't put it in the cash tray and [b]then[/b] give them their change. This is because customers sometimes give you tens and then claim they were twenties and that you've short-changed them. It's a bad world...

[SIZE="1"]I worked in Dunne Stores a while back, which is just a national supermarket chain and my worst customer experience definitely came from there. Now I'm a stockroom boy, which basically means it's my job to help unload those big truck containers of all the stuff customers get on the shelves, "I work in back, I see no smiles" to quote Bruce Almighty. So when my manager Tommy polite asked me to give the stackers a hand for a while because they were short staffed I said fine, loaded up a trolly with them and went out.

Now to cut a long story short, I'd been out maybe three minutes when this old lady shuffled up to me, I knew right then it wasn't going to be good. She asked in a rather haughty tone where we keep the sugar-free tinned peas, which until that moment I hadn't realised existed. I politely told her that I was unsure, and explained that I do not normally work out in the main shop floor, but that I believed they would be with the other tinned peas on the isle next to us.

She got rather angry claiming she had been there already and there were none, to which I replied then that I was sorry and would ask one of the other staff who were responsible for stacking where they were kept, or if they were out of stock. This only got her more worked up, as apparently I'm supposed to click my fingers and make her day, she stormed off and returned two minutes later with Michael, the store's general manager, claiming that I had been rude to her. I explained to Michael as calmly as possible what happened and lo and behold he reveals that we don't carry sugar-free tinned peas at all. At this point I wanted to strangle her.

Anyway the old bat just got a look of utter indignation and said she would not be treated like this again and vowed never to come back. If not for the fact Michael reminded her she had a basket of items, I imagine she might have tried to walk out with them. I was happy just to get back to unloading trucks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Before I became a food-runner at Casler's (my restaurant of employment), i was a hostess for 9 months. Probably about 8 months into the job, I had had almost no problems with customers. Then, on one Sunday, the other hostess didn't show up, so I was running the front by myself for a few hours. There was one party, 2 parents & 3 kids with 1 high chair, that wouldn't stop coming up to the host stand asking for their table, which wasn't clean yet. Not my job. I told them I'd seat them as SOON as possible, and in the meantime, I seated who I could in the bar.
So after about 10 minutes, the dad just flipped out, came up to the host stand, started yelling at me, took his own menus, kids menus, crayons, high chair, etc, and cleaned off the table himself and seated his family. The couple I was about to seat was really, really nice and were telling me not to beat myself up because he was a jerk, but I realized I couldn't handle the stupid job anymore.
And that's how I'm a food runner! Limited time with human interaction, FTW! People suck![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I get bad interactions at McDonalds everytime I work almost but I laugh about it later.

1. I was doing the front booth of drive thru and my friend was in back booth. There is a thing out there that shows what people are ordering before they come up to back booth to pay. Anyways, this lady orders three happy meals. (The computers back there sometimes mess up) When she came up to the window, I only gave her two. She started to yell at me like I was an idiot because she did not pay for the third one. I told her, sorry, our computers are being moody lately. I need some money if I am to give you the third happy meal. My manager told me to tell her that. She was so mad. After paying and getting her happy meal, she was even more mad and was yelling at me. I told her to try looking at what she orders on the screen next time and to have a nice day.

2. This was on New Year's Eve. I was working graveyard that night because they needed one extra person. There were these drunk girls who had their radio up full blast. They pushed on their gas pedal a few times while being in park. They asked for a BLT five minutes after getting there because they were too drunk to decide what else they wanted. My poor co worker was sitting in a ball near tears.

3. My best friend who got me the job there works graveyard at Mcdonalds. One time, a really drunk man came by. All he ordered was some water. As soon as he received it, he threw the water cup at my friend, spilling water all over his shirt.

I'll post more when I get them.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86'][COLOR="DarkRed"]3. My best friend who got me the job there works graveyard at Mcdonalds. One time, a really drunk man came by. All he ordered was some water. As soon as he received it, he threw the water cup at my friend, spilling water all over his shirt.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]A friend of mine who works for McDonalds had nearly the same thing happen to him except that he was behind the main serving counter and it was a chocolate shake as opposed to water. True to form as an Irishman he jumped the counter and punched the guy right in the face leaving him sprawled out on the floor. My buddy just took off his cap and threw it to the manager telling him he quit. As you might imagine he was bought a lot of beers by his co-workers and friends.[/SIZE]

Guest The Blue Jihad
I've got one to top everyone.

I used to work at a LAN center. One employee was tasked with organizing a Day of Defeat tournament. Pitched the idea back in January. Then proceeded to sit on his *** for six months playing WoW and little else. We found out that a total stranger in a league forum was doing his work. We fired him because he was useless, then went over to those forums and announced the tournament's cancellation due to lack of communication and progress.

You want to talk lousy customers? Man, they're still flaming us about it. Just glad a few of them live around here. Methinking about busting some kneecaps.

Our LAN center never did function like most, I suppose. When you piss us off, we're not going to bash you online. We're going to bash you in real life.

[FONT="Georgia"]I work at a jewellery place at the mall. People are okay, though there are always the ones who bark orders at you, ask you questions you couldn't possibly know the answers too, and then get mad at you when you go to find your manager to ask for help.

There have been instances where I've almost told a customer to "**** right off" because I have no interest in helping them. I think the worst was when this really rude and brisk couple came over and then kept asking about ring resizing. She had a type of band that didn't fit, and I told her it couldn't be resized on the spot and she didn't want to wait, so I told her I could exchange it for her. So she picks out a few she likes.. they don't fit. So she picks out some more.. and some more.. and some more. I think I probably took out over 15 rings. If they did fit, they just weren't "right". I can appreciate that it was a gift so she wants something she likes, but seriously.. In the end she ended up getting the one she brought in resized! That's what pisses me off. She knew she loved that ring, she just didn't want to wait! And then I pull out everything.. and then she wants it resized. Ugh. People.. just ugh.[/FONT]

One of the worst customers I had to sort of deal with was at my first job working at a movie theater. About 10 minutes into the start of the first movie the power went out. It was the entire downtown area. We announced in each of the theaters that there was a power outage and we would wait a bit to see if the power came back on. After about 20-30 minutes the power wasn't back on yet so we told people they could come get a refund and a pass for a free movie to use at a later time.

Most people were very happy to take the refund plus the pass and went on their way. The assistant manger and I were handing out passes and refunds. One guy decided that wasn't good enough. He decided to yell at the assistant manager who was 8 months pregnant at the time. This guy I knew from attending the same church that I did was anything but Christian like. Swearing, swinging his arms around and carrying on like a murder took place. He was yelling at her telling her it was her fault she ruined his evening out! Like this 5 foot tall pregnant woman had anything to do with the power outage. He pretty much yelled at her until she cried.

I could hear the ruckus over on her side of the counter so I went over to tell him to get out of the theater but as soon as he saw me (probably recognized me) he left. This guy was a foot taller than her, twice her age, three times her size and to top it off is the perfect God fearing Christian at church. I was going to tell him that I was calling the cops if he didn't leave but since he left before I could tell him I never got the chance.

Needless to say it took everything I had not to stand up the next Sunday at church, tell the story and ask for prayer and forgiveness for a certain member of the church who needs to realize that being a good Christian is more than just an hour on Sunday at church.

[COLOR="goldenrod"]It's been a while, but I certainly had quite a few from when I was getting my college degree and had lots of different temporary jobs while I was attending school. The first one was at a grocery store, my very first day on the job no less. I had gotten there about an hour ago and some woman came in and started yelling at me, demanding the manager, claiming I had short changed her earlier in the day. The only problem, I had just started and couldn't have been there in the morning! Once things calmed down I found out that she did this on a regular basis. Just my luck to get her on my first day no less.

Another one at the grocery store was this guy who made the stupid claim that buying a magazine meant he got his pies for free. I tried explaining he did not and he kept insisting until finally his wife asked him to drop it. But that fool wasn't done, he dropped it by virtue of telling me... "I guess I'll have to slash your tires on the way out." To which I responded, while holding up the check his wife had just given me... "Then I guess I'll know just where to send the police to." Feh! What made it sad is I know perfectly well that if I had given him the pies for free he would have just taken them. I hate jerks like that.

The other, I was working as an assistant manager for a gas station, every week without fail I'd get the same group of teenagers trying to get me to sell them beer or cigarettes without IDing them. What made it bad is they'd start making a scene, loudly claiming I was being a jerk since they had already shown their ID to a previous clerk, etc. And every time I'd end up kicking them out of the store, but not before the idiots knocked things onto the floor and made a mess. :animesigh

But the worst one, though technically I wouldn't consider him a customer, was the one who held the gas station up at gunpoint. I was just glad that he took what little money there was in the register and left without hurting anyone. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Man, I work in banquets to I just deal with crappy people who want everything they can get -- because someone else is paying. The case that springs most to mind is also the most recent:

In banquets, we have what's called an 'alternate menu serve' which means that there's two entrees, two mains and two desserts, and we serve A B A B, etc. The guest gets no choice, and we can't give the guest a choice. There's this one table that has three people. I'm serving dish A. We serve ABA and leave it at that. As I go back past the table, person number 1 says to me, "Excuse me, I didn't get a meal." I turn to him, look and go, "Umm...okay." I can see that he's swapped the meal with the woman next to him, because she has an A meal. I check the table -- no plate, but the used cutlery is on the place setting next him, and the garnish is on his sideplate. Completely pissed of, I go get him another meal. His FINISHES that one, and has the GALL to ask for another! I go to back of house and got him a vegetarian risotto which we [I]laugh[/I] when we serve because it looks disgusting and I would never eat it. I thought, "This'll fix him"...-- he finishes that and gives his compliments to the chef. I couldn't believe it.

THEN he somehow organises to get two desserts as well. The ****er had 5 meals in a two course dinner!

Another customer I had asked for cream in her coffee for morning tea. I have to run around looking for cream, get it for her so she's got it. Then I'm serving her for lunch and she tells me that she's on a diet and won't eat anything fatty. I walked out back to tell the chef and promptly cacked myself.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I don't work in retail or customer service per se, but I do on occasion end up dealing with someone awful. Most of the time I only deal with patients in the sense that's it's rare for those wife beaters or rapists to ever show up at the crisis center. But every now and then one does, usually some fool looking for his girlfriend that he beat up the day before.

An annoying one was a guy who was completely and totally drunk when he showed up. Not only did he reek but his speech and ability to even walk was all over the place. The good news was it was pretty easy to simply call the police and wait for them to come and pick him up. My only regret is they didn't show up before the loser managed to puke all over the lobby floor. [/COLOR]

I've only been working as a receptionist at a local hotel for about a month now and already I have a bit of a horror story. Though I will thank the high heavens it is not nearly as bad as some of the things I have read in this thread so far. Jees Louise, the story of that man at the movie theater, the "christian" screaming at a poor pregnant woman really got me a little pissed.

Anyways this little story of mine happened just last week. It's full fledged summer time where I live right now and sadly our hotel does not have air conditioning. Now, because of this we DO tell our house keeping staff to close the curtains and open the windows AND turn the fans in the rooms on to keep them as cool as possible. However our house keeping, god bless them, forgets to do these tasks a lot of the time which leads to this little problem I had.

There was this family staying in one of the rooms at the hotel, it was on the ground level and sadly is right next to our kitchen. Now, we're told to NEVER make a reservation for that room unless we are absolutely desperate and have no other rooms avaliable. So I am just getting on shift and checking in another customer when the mother from the room comes in and starts yelling to me that the room she is in smells terrible, is too hot and is FILTHY. At this point my head house keeper was right behind me so I kindly tell the woman that she will attend to her problem then go back and finish checking the people I was helping in.
The house keeper comes back about two minutes later shaking her head and insisting there was nothing really wrong with the room. So I keep doing my job as best as possible. Two minutes after that the woman comes back with her husband and kids, informs me now that the room is far too noisy, is still filthy and smells bad and asks if there are any other rooms I can move them to, I politely tell them that no there aren't as we are booked solid. Immediately she starts harping on my about the people I just checked in and that they had this reservation for months. I told them that I was sorry and I was not the one who made the reservation so my hands are tied at the moment. Grumbling she demands pool towels from me and takes her family for a swim. At this point I go to my manager with their complaint and he tells me he would like to speak to them when they get back. Unfortunately when they got back we were at our busiest time with dinner and he couldn't speak to them. He told me to inform them that if they were so dissatisfied they could freely check out and we would not charge them...(keep in mind now we absolutely cannot rent this room out now, as our house keeping have gone home). This is when the father steps in. He starts screaming in my face that the offer isn't good enough and that they can't possibly get another place so soon. I tell him that I can offer him a phone book. He counters with a bit of a spit in my face that I can find them a hotel room for the night and when I have their solution I am to call them in the room.
So long story short I find them another hotel easily, but it's 30$ more than what we charge, the father was about to get pissed off again when my manager took 30$ out of his own pocket and handed it too them before making the reservation at this new hotel for them... He and I were both VERY happy to see that family go.
The worst part of this whole story, when we went in to check the room after they left... THERE WAS NOT A DAMN THING WRONG WITH IT! We were pretty furious.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I work for the Education Department for the Financial Times. Most of the professors I've worked with across the country are now friends ( as I crawl up the chain of command and whatnot to assist the them in anyway possible ). I had this one professor though that was upset that his students were receiving there papers 1-2 days late. I alerted him that since the campus was out of our hand delivery service area....only postal delivery was available (thus the papers being at the mercy of the USPS in that area). I suggested having the students switching to our digital edition that is viewable online. He gave me some sort of lecture for 10 minutes ( in my head it was just blah blah this blah blah that). We couldn't have hand delivery in the area as we didn't have enough delivery volume to warrant us getting a distributor. I offered him everything I could and he still wouldn't let up. In a nicely worded email (after sending me many ) I got fed up and said "If you would like your students to receive hand delivery. I suggest you work for a university that is within our area of hand delivery." I could've suggested working at a university [I]not[/I] in the middle of the boondocks...but hey...I like to be nice somtimes.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Now, I havn't read ALL the stories here, but I think I got one to beat you all.

I work at a sit down bar and grille café owned by a Greek family. The place is located directly beside a lawyers office (connected actually) and the secretaries and workers there are regulars (in fact, the waitress that taught me to wait tables now works as a secratary there and comes in everyday).

This begins yesterday. I usually park my car out front parallel so I can see it through the window and have easier access out onto the road. But the spaces were all taken when I got to work, so I park in the back for the first time ever. Driving around in a hurry to get inside, I see that all the good spots are taken. It's a gravel parking lot/drive way, so I don't notice very much being in a hurry. So I park next to a car inbetween the resturaunt and café, right beside it (not blocking it in, not doing anything, making sure I leave some room so people can drive around me, there are cars in a row, so I think I'm just next in the row).

So I go in, and everything goes fine. About half-way through my shift, this big guy I've never seen before comes in. 6'5", kinda fat, middle-aged, and apparently the owner of the lawyers office next door. He goes to one of the cooks and asks if there are any customers parked out back. I ask him what type of car it is over hearing this, and he describes my car.

[b] "That's mine sir, is there something wrong?"[/b]

[b] "Come over here, I need to f---ing talk to you."[/b]

[b] "What's the problem sir? Do you need me to move my car?"[/b]

[b] "No, come out here, come out here now."[/b]

[b] "Okay, sir. Sorry if I caused any trouble."[/b]

We go outside and he points to where my car is.

[b] "Does that look like a f---ing parking space to you? You're parked right in the middle of my f---ing driveway, stupid."[/b]

[b] "Sorry sir, I'll go move it, it won't happen again."[/b]

[b] "Tell me, does that look like a f---ing parking space to you?"[/b]

[b] "Sir, I'm sorry. I'll move it."[/b]

At this point, I stop listening to him and go on towards my car and move it, meanwhile, he's cursing away asking me the same question and just being a general penis-head. I get in, move it, and just grit my teeth, realizing how much disrespect I just put up with at the hands of a man who obviously doesn't know me, who I am, or what I am. He just assumes he can curse at me, disrespect me, and order me around based on my appearance and position.

I go back inside and the cooks ask me what happen, and I tell them. They said that they heard all the cussing and thought that I was going to kick the guy's behind (they all know of my martial arts background and aspirations). I told them I probably should have, but I was a person who would avoid unneeded conflict and won't attack unless physically provoked. That he should be glad I was me and not another man. We had a laugh, and I tried to put it out of my head.

Fast forward to today. I'm working, parked out front, everything is fine. The regular secretaries and people come in and I serve them. Then low-and-behold, here comes my old friend from yesterday. He sits down and I just try not to be angry, try to assume that he was just having a bad day yesterday or something. I take his order, and I give him his drink and then as I walk away, I hear him say to the secretaries:

[b] "Oh jeez, he's probably scared of me now."[/b] in a joking manner. That is something I don't take lightly, however, but I ignore it. He's an idiot and apparently thinks me not wanting to fight a customer is 'scared'. After he gets his meal, the cook whom I talked to yesterday comes out and sits down next to the guy and talk to him. They talk about yesterday and how he heard the guy cussing, and told the guy that he half expected me to fight him. He tells him about me being a black belt in Karate (which in passing, I correct as Tae Kwon Do) and I go on about my business.

After the guy leaves (without paying, apparently he expects us to keep his tab) I talk to the cook about what they were saying. He says to me that after he told the guy about my martial arts, he apparently said:

[b] "That kids a f---ing idiot bringing Karate to a gun fight. I watch wrestling, I can handle myself."[/b]

Cook: [b] Hah, O-K Mr. Laywer-man."[/b]

This apparently got a small rise out of the former waitress-now secratary and the conversation ended.

This is a grown, middle-aged man who apparently thinks he's better than me. He thinks he's going to goad me into trying to fight him, but I know the stakes. I'm a young waiter and he's an old lawyer. He could fight me, and if he wins, what am I gonna do? I'm just a kid. If he loses, he could sue me for everything I got, ruin my life, put me in jail maybe. That kind of man is called a coward, and it infuriates me to know that I'm going to have to put up with him again.

I later asked the cook why he was talking to the guy. Apparentely the cook has recieved the same kind of attitude problems from the same guy himself. So he wanted to sit down and enjoy watching him eat his meal.

He made it 'special'.[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Well, I don't know about you guys but I think the worst place to get customers is at, hurray, a game store. GameStop in fact.

Now, granted, this isn't one of those mean customers with a mean attitude kinda deal just some kid being stupid.

So, there I was, reading the newest Game Informer when this kid comes up to the counter. I've seen this kid around before when I used to work in the mall store and I know this kid is a straight up mallcore DDR junkie who's only aspirations in life are to emulate what the Japanese anime sub-culture does, so whatever.

He points to a box with Dante from Devil May Cry on it with the words 'PLAYSTATION 2' printed nice, neat, and white along the top and the words; 'DEVIL MAY CRY 5th ANNIVERSARY EDITION. INCLUDES ALL THREE GAMES!' in explosive text.

'Whats' that?', he asked

I kinda glance over, look back down at my magazine and keep reading with this response; 'Devil May Cry.'

'Well, I know that but...what is it?'

I look up again, this time at the kid himself and go; 'Uh. It's Devil May Cry. Can't read?'

'You know what? You're a jerk. No. You're a jerk. Now I know why I avoided you when I went to EB in the mall. Now you work here.', he just keeps going on.

'Okay, dude. You're getting mad at me because you obviously don't know what Devil May Cry is. You're pointing in a game case, to a box that says Devil May Cry and Playstation 2 across the top. It's a game. It's Devil May Cry.'

He left, probably mad and broken that his mallcore japanophile wit was matched by the great folks at GameStop.

Remember, kids. Don't be a retard![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]
This is a grown, middle-aged man who apparently thinks he's better than me. He thinks he's going to goad me into trying to fight him, but I know the stakes. I'm a young waiter and he's an old lawyer. He could fight me, and if he wins, what am I gonna do? I'm just a kid. If he loses, he could sue me for everything I got, ruin my life, put me in jail maybe. That kind of man is called a coward, and it infuriates me to know that I'm going to have to put up with him again.
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I don't know if I could have put up with that... I'd have exploded and cracked his skull....wide open. Jerks like him piss me off the most.

Another story from my McJob:

I was working front counter the other day when I notice this dude standing off center. Now it's company policy to ask any customer that you suspect hasn't been served if they need any help. So I aks the guy and he orders his food. Just as I was about to ring it up on the till, my co-worker says to the man that he is getting the order. The guy then proceeds to say that I had offered him help with his order and that obviously meant he could be a smart-"donkey" about it. All through the time he waited for his burger, he would not let up on taunting me about how I must have been "learning my job" and random bull like that.

It took every ounce of strength I had to grit my teeth and resist the urge to jump the counter and clobber the guy. If I was faced with that lawyer jerk, even if I was sure he would totally omgwtfpwn me, I'd have taken my chances and attempted to crack him one, damn the consequences. I'm such a hothead sometimes. :D

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Now this just happened last night.

I was hit on by practically every male in my age group of 17-25 for a graveyard shift at McDonalds. I was given flowers, they tried to flirt with me, and they tried to get free food and sauces from me. All of them were drunk. I was getting more sarcastic and moody as the night wore on. [/COLOR]

A friend told me a great thing that I can pass on to you. No matter what happens, never let a drunkard take your dignity. They're drunks remember that.

I had a bad customer experience when a customer at my grocery store asked me where to find Wheat Germ. I've been working there for about 6 months now and I've never run across wheat germ in our store. I thought about it and suggested where it might be found. That was the best logic I could think of...but then, the customer comes up to me 5 minutes later and shoves the thing in my face and says

"HERE IT IS! AND IT WASN'T ON THAT AISLE! HOW COME NOBODY IN THIS STORE KNOWS WHERE THEIR ******* IS?! THAT'S WHY THEY SHOULDN'T HIRE TEENAGERS TO WORK! THEY DON'T KNOW *******!"

To clear up things, I am 18. Technically I'm an adult like everyone else, but I look younger than I am. I calmly apologized to the customer and asked her where the Wheat Germ was so I could learn. She said "forget it" and stormed off. To make matters worse, my supervisor calls me over and said that the customer complained to him and that she said I was very rude to her. My supervisor knows that I have nothing but courtesy and respect for all customers, so he asked me what happened. I told him exactly what happened and he walked over to the customer and tried to explain to her that I had made a simple mistake and that I am one of the best employees in the store, but that lady wasn't having it. She demanded a free roasted chicken from our deli as compensation. Our manager was on to her game and told her that he can't do that for these types of issues. Again, she stormed off and left the store. My manager turns around and smiles and goes "Yep. Problem Solved!"

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]

I later asked the cook why he was talking to the guy. Apparentely the cook has recieved the same kind of attitude problems from the same guy himself. So he wanted to sit down and enjoy watching him eat his meal.

He made it 'special'.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

That's what I'd call harassment. If he keeps coming into your place of work to try to instigate you. Then you should tell your supervisor so this man can be barred from the premisis. I mean the guy's supposed to be a lawyer, right? Then maybe he should know about how [i]not[/i] to get himself in a shedload of legal trouble, right? Your place of work is private property owned by someone and your employer's first priority should be the safety of his/her employees.

Okay rant over, I want to play too.

Back in the day I used to work as a cashier at Tops ( A grocery store chain in Western New York State) and since I was over 18 I worked the 6PM to close shift. And dear El did I have some good stories so sit back and I'll tell you all complete with nicknames.

[b]Lobster guy[/b] One week the seafood department was running a special on live Maine lobsters selling them for $4.99 per pound. So this guy comes through my line with four separately bagged lobsters and when I get to the last lobster the dang thing moves its tail and me being me, I freak out and toss the thing down my conveyer belt. The guy gives me this look like I tossed his grandma out a window and tosses his money at me. Of course I tell him to have a nice day.

[b]Sealtest Skim Milk lady[/b] There was this older woman who would come into the store about an hour before closing and always buy a quart of Sealtest skim milk. And Lord help us if the milk delivery hadn't come in and we were out. She would have one of us call the maintenance guy who was acting as night manager and start to tear him a new one- and us because there wasn't that brand of milk. Never mind that the store brand was right there on the shelf. I'm not sure, but I think we had to close the store once while she was on a rant.:animeswea

[b] Bakery lady[/b] Thank El I only had to deal with this woman once. Her and her husband had gone through my line and had bought this item from the bakery but it had a tear in the plastic, so I had to ask one of the CSMs to go get me a new one. While she did that I put this woman's order on hold and began taking care of another customer. While I'm in the middle of that other order the CSM comes back with the first woman's bakery item and the woman starts demanding that I finish her order. When I calmly explain that I can't do that because I'm in the middle of a new order the woman grabs my arm and starts screaming at me. For some reason no one decides to say anything so I have to pry the woman off my arm and ask her not to touch me again. But I did finally get her to leave and I did finish her order.

[b]My ex boyfriend[/b] This is just too stupid for words. After I started seeing my now ex husband my ex boyfriend came into the store one night two days before Thanksgiving while I have a line beginning to stretch down the cereal aisle and demanded to know why I dumped him and was seeing the other guy. He wouldn't leave until one of the other cashiers called one of the managers and he made my ex leave.

And don't even get me started on some of my clients. That will just have to be in another post.[/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]

[b]Sealtest Skim Milk lady[/b] There was this older woman who would come into the store about an hour before closing and always buy a quart of Sealtest skim milk. And Lord help us if the milk delivery hadn't come in and we were out. She would have one of us call the maintenance guy who was acting as night manager and start to tear him a new one- and us because there wasn't that brand of milk. Never mind that the store brand was right there on the shelf. I'm not sure, but I think we had to close the store once while she was on a rant.:animeswea[/QUOTE]

Eesh, I've had that happen to me before but I'm not a cashier. A lady wanted the store brand of milk, which we had on sale for 10 for $10 dollars. When the milk comes on sale in our store, you are lucky if you come in after 9 and find some milk because it sells out quickly. I had [I]just[/I] clocked out when the lady came up to me and asked me if we had any store brand milk left over. I told her that I wasn't able to help her because I had just clocked out and could get in serious trouble if I helped her and my manager saw me do it. She got really pissed and went off on this tangent about how she had been shopping at Albertsons since it opened 3 years ago and back then, everyone would come to her beck and call....blah blah blah. I zoned out like Konata in Lucky Star because if you don't get to the point quick, I lose interest. After she was done blabbing, I pointed her in the direction of my manager's office and told her if we didn't have any milk, then we would be getting in a shipment sometime this night and would open up starting 6AM tomorrow.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][b] Bakery lady[/b] Thank El I only had to deal with this woman once. Her and her husband had gone through my line and had bought this item from the bakery but it had a tear in the plastic, so I had to ask one of the CSMs to go get me a new one. While she did that I put this woman's order on hold and began taking care of another customer. While I'm in the middle of that other order the CSM comes back with the first woman's bakery item and the woman starts demanding that I finish her order. When I calmly explain that I can't do that because I'm in the middle of a new order the woman grabs my arm and starts screaming at me. For some reason no one decides to say anything so I have to pry the woman off my arm and ask her not to touch me again. But I did finally get her to leave and I did finish her order.

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Wow that seems like something you could have sued for....she has no right to touch you at all. But you handled the situation with grace and dignity, which you are to be commended for. Now I have a situation for you....

[B]WIC lady[/B]- For those unfamiliar with WIC...it's a welfare program where you meet with a counselor and they give you money and credit and such to buy specific foods and such to help your children grow....etc. (not big on details:animeswea)Anyways...one of our checkstands doesn't accept WIC now for some strange reason. I've been trained by another employee how to use the cash register and my manager gave me a cashier number to help slow the store down when we have super long lines. The lady came through the broken checkstand and we calmly told her that the checkstand doesn't accept WIC. Right after they said that...my manager told me to hop on a register...so I do as I am told and hop on. I get a few customers and the lady comes through the back of my line and asks me if she can do her WIC stuff on my register. I told her that I didn't have a problem with it...but I already had customers in line that have been waiting a long time and I had to attend to them first. She got really pissed and goes "But I've been waiting in line!" I told her that I understand, but it's not fair to make the other customers wait more so that she can cut in line. She got mad and literally threw her WIC stuff at me (not at the register, me) and stormed off. Lucky it was only cheese and a half gallon milk, so it was easily catchable. I calmly set the stuff down and continued my work. I don't let unruly customers get to me cause I know that if I do, anything that happens will be my fault, irregardless. Plus I don't make enough to fight with some lady over something stupid like that and lose my job. I got to make it through college some how right?

[quote name='Korey']She got mad and literally threw her WIC stuff at me (not at the register, me) and stormed off. Lucky it was only cheese and a half gallon milk, so it was easily catchable. I calmly set the stuff down and continued my work. I don't let unruly customers get to me cause I know that if I do, anything that happens will be my fault, irregardless. Plus I don't make enough to fight with some lady over something stupid like that and lose my job. I got to make it through college some how right?[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]She [i]threw[/i] things at you!? Atleast you caught them...impressive. Damn! That brings back memories... of a few months ago. I don't know if it really counts

I'm a home health aide which means that I go to people's residence and take care of them.Yes, technically they're really clients, not customers, but this story is too good.

I used to have this woman who was extremely bi-polar (No lie. My coordinator actually mentioned that with her list of what's wrong with this woman) and she'd always ask me to run errands. One evening she sent me out for meatballs at one of the grocery stores just saying that I'd find them near the meat department. So I went and grabbed two boxes of frozen meatballs and came back. Well I guess that's not what she wanted because as soon as I took one box out of the grocery bag she saw it, started hurling explitives at me and threw the box at my head. I in return did exactly what the nurse had said to do and told her if she didn't calm down right now I was leaving. It worked. She started crying and starting to appologize. I had her until May when she accused me of stealing from her. That's where I draw the line. [/color][/font]

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Well, I don't know about you guys but I think the worst place to get customers is at, hurray, a game store. GameStop in fact.

Now, granted, this isn't one of those mean customers with a mean attitude kinda deal just some kid being stupid.

So, there I was, reading the newest Game Informer when this kid comes up to the counter. I've seen this kid around before when I used to work in the mall store and I know this kid is a straight up mallcore DDR junkie who's only aspirations in life are to emulate what the Japanese anime sub-culture does, so whatever.

He points to a box with Dante from Devil May Cry on it with the words 'PLAYSTATION 2' printed nice, neat, and white along the top and the words; 'DEVIL MAY CRY 5th ANNIVERSARY EDITION. INCLUDES ALL THREE GAMES!' in explosive text.

'Whats' that?', he asked

I kinda glance over, look back down at my magazine and keep reading with this response; 'Devil May Cry.'

'Well, I know that but...what is it?'

I look up again, this time at the kid himself and go; 'Uh. It's Devil May Cry. Can't read?'

'You know what? You're a jerk. No. You're a jerk. Now I know why I avoided you when I went to EB in the mall. Now you work here.', he just keeps going on.

'Okay, dude. You're getting mad at me because you obviously don't know what Devil May Cry is. You're pointing in a game case, to a box that says Devil May Cry and Playstation 2 across the top. It's a game. It's Devil May Cry.'

He left, probably mad and broken that his mallcore japanophile wit was matched by the great folks at GameStop.

Remember, kids. Don't be a retard![/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but even by your explanation of events you're kind of being mean here. Unless I misunderstand the job and your actual task is to just read a magazine and not interact with the customers whatsoever (which wouldn't surprise me, I avoid the place all I can as it is). Would it have been [I]that hard[/I] to just say it's a "collection of all three games"? It would have taken less energy than what you did in the first place, even if it was an obvious response.

[COLOR="Blue"]I remember when I used to work at Toys R Us.
This was during the time that "Masters Of The Universe", "G.I. Joe", "Care Bears", and the like were being relaunched with a new "modern" feel as they put it(My childhood in the early '80s returns to haunt me. :) ). I was putting up a display of Care Bears one day, and these two guys come up to me. They were about my age, I think.
"Hey guy, what ya doin?" One asked. "Reshop." I answered. "What's that?" He asked. "I put back the stuff people misplace, or knock over. That kind of thing." He looked at his freind, and grinned at him. He then reached out, and knocked over all the care bears on to the floor. "Whoops. Better clean that up." He laughed. While their backs were turned, I flipped them off.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonmanm2[/COLOR]