OtakuBoards

Hogwarts: Underground [PG- V,L]

Lionheart

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.ebbemunk.dk/diagon_alley/figure_hogwarts_shield.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hello and welcome to the underground thread for Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. In this thread you'll be able to ask questions, give suggestions, and talk about the RP and how it is going so far. Below I will be posting the acceptance list for Hogwarts.

[I]I'm still looking at people's sign-ups so bear with me here. [/I]

[U][B]The List[/B][/U]
- Lionheart as Albert Randal, 5th year. Gryffindor
- Sandy as Medea Weasley, 3rd year. Slytherin
- Kitty as Vera "Vee/Demon" Adriana Demens, 4th year. Ravenclaw
- Sirius as Rigel Rosier, 5th year. Ravenclaw
- Blayze as Alastor Gryffin Robards, 6th year. Gryffindor
- Jokopoko as Sophocles Pryor, 4th year. Ravenclaw
- Discenchanted as Chris [Charis] Crouch, 6th year. Slytherin
- Blazerman32 as Tom Sinton, 5th year. Slytherin
- Cyriel as Faye Devanie d’Eath, 3rd year. Hufflepuff
- Sakura as Galatéa Mehtevas, 5th year. Gryffindor
- Darren as Aiden Patch Caldwell, 7th year. Hufflepuff
- Perfection as Leon "Leo" Wilson, 4th year. Slytherin
- Gavin as Professor Alexander Corvidae, Defence Against the Dark Arts. Head of Ravenclaw
- Ezekiel as Professor Zeta Conroy, Potions Master. Head of Slytherin
[/FONT]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking, if this game really take place 20 years after the events in Deathly Hallows [spoiler] and thus one year after the epilogue of the book, then we'd have some "NPC"s jotted down already.

[U]Students:[/U]
- [B]James Potter[/B], son of Harry and Ginny, 3rd or 4th year Gryffindor
- [B]Albus Severus Potter[/B], son of Harry and Ginny, 2nd year Slytherin (or Gryffindor)
- [B]Rose Weasley[/B], daughter of Ron and Hermione, 2nd year Gryffindor (or Ravenclaw?)
- [B]Scorpius Malfoy[/B], son of Draco, 2nd year Slytherin
- (Lily Potter and Hugo Weasley are still too young to attend)

[U]Teachers:[/U]
- [B]Neville Longbottom[/B], herbology (head of Gryffindor?)
- [B]Cuthbert Binns[/B], history of magic (he's a ghost so he's not going to retire)
- (Firenze?, divination (he's a centaur, so he might live longer than humans))
- (Rubeus Hagrid?, care of magical creatures (c'mon, Hagrid's gotta be in this!))[/spoiler]

Of course this is just my opinion how to follow the canon, you make the choices, Lionheart! ;D

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Yes, as I said earlier this will be taking place after deathly hallow, thus making alot easier on me for not making a brand new cast of NPC's. I forgot to say this on the first post, but I'll post the NPC students as well. Just the 'main' ones, so I'm not going to just post 50 students up there. [/FONT]

Also Sandy, [spoiler]Would Victoire Weasley be in it? In the epilogue, it says that she and Teddy Lupin are an item and that she was still in school when he was 19... So I figure she would have to be 7th year if she's in school.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Darren']Also Sandy, [spoiler]Would Victoire Weasley be in it? In the epilogue, it says that she and Teddy Lupin are an item and that she was still in school when he was 19... So I figure she would have to be 7th year if she's in school.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed [spoiler]perhaps they could be cast as Head Boy and Head Girl to save time and give them a potentially larger role.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Teachers:
- Professor Neville Longbottom, Herbology, Head of Gryffindor
- Professor Cuthbert Binns, History of magic
- Professor Firenze, Divination
- Professor Care of Magical Creatures
- Professor Septima Vector, Arithmancy
- Professor Alecto Carrow, Muggle Studies
- Professor Aurora Sinistra, Astronomy
- Professor Filius Flitwick, Charms, Head of Hufflepuff
- Professor Potions, Head of Slytherin
- Professor Alexander Corvidae, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Head of Ravenclaw
- Professor Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration, Headmistress of Hogwarts

That's all I got for the Hogwarts staff. Any suggestions to change or anything, feel free to comment. I'll post the NPC's later on.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lionheart'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Teachers:
- Professor Cuthbert Binns, History of magic
- Professor Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank, Care of Magical Creatures
- Professor Alecto Carrow, Muggle Studies
- Professor Filius Flitwick, Charms, Head of Hufflepuff
- Professor Professor Horace E. F. Slughorn, Potions, Head of Slytherin
- Professor Alexander Corvidae, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Head of Ravenclaw

That's all I got for the Hogwarts staff. Any suggestions to change or anything, feel free to comment. I'll post the NPC's later on.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Well I'm assuming you haven't finished the book; you should change Alecto Carrow. (I hope that's not too much of a spoiler to require tags around it) And Grubbly-Plank was already retired because of injuries and old age, right? Plus, Hagrid is such a popular character, I think you should go with him. He would provide more humorous posts anyway. As was stated earlier, McGonagall would have left Hogwarts already so that wouldn't work... And Professor Flitwick was alwasy Head of Ravenclaw. It was Professor Sprout that was Head of Hufflepuff... And since I doubt he would just step down from his duties and Gavin has opted to take that position, it's probably just better to get rid of him all together. (Since I'm assuming that the only way to be Head of House is to have previously gone to Hogwarts and been in that house) Lastly Slughorn had already retired once, and was initially hired as a temporary job. I would think that 20 years later, he would be out of the picture. But the other teachers were never really mentioned enough to know a lot about them, so I guess it's safe to assume that they were young enough (or of a different species for prolonged life) to still be at Hogwarts. Other than that, I see no problem. :p

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] Thanks Darren for bring this up. I was just going by what I've seen and remember and I haven't finished the book yet, but getting up there. I'll make the changes right now and get Hagrid into the mix. Can't believe I couldn't consider the funny old giant.

Btw, if anyone would like to sumbit a created professor that you have made to fill in the spots. Please either post their info in the underground or P.M about it.

Thanks again Darren[/FONT]

Here's some suggested edits:

[quote name='Lionheart'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][U]Teachers:[/U]
- Professor Cuthbert Binns, History of Magic
- Firenze, Divination
- Rubeus Hagrid, Care of Magical Creatures
- Original Character, Muggle Studies (Head of Hufflepuff?)
- Original Character, Charms (Head of Slytherin?)
- Original Character, Potions
- Professor Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration, Headmistress of Hogwarts (yay!)
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

So there's still spots for the Heads of Hufflepuff and Slytherin. I can come up with some original characters for teachers, if you don't want to do it yourself, Lionheart. ;D

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Teachers:
- Firenze, Divination
- Rubeus Hagrid, Care of Magical Creatures
- Original Character, Muggle Studies (Head of Hufflepuff?)
- Original Character, Charms (Head of Slytherin?)
- Original Character, Potions

that looks about right. Thankd Sandy for clearing it all up. Yes, I would like If you would make a couple of the teachers Sandy if you don't mind. If not, then I'll get to work on it. [/FONT]

[quote name='Lionheart'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
that looks about right. Thankd Sandy for clearing it all up. Yes, I would like If you would make a couple of the teachers Sandy if you don't mind. If not, then I'll get to work on it. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Or maybe we should wait if someone wants to sign-up as a teacher, like Gavin. I think the likes of Sinistra and Vector are dispensable over original characters, as well.

And now I feel like I'm taking over your game, Lionheart. Don't let it happen. XP

Edit: Oh, the list is missing [B]Bathsheba Babbling[/B], the teacher of Ancient Runes. I think she?'s dispensable as well. ;P

[SIZE="1"]Personally I wouldn't mind a few fellow faculty members, but I'm not that bothered if there aren't any, given we have so many Ravenclaw students for me to lord over. :p

And Sandy we both know you'd just love to take over this game. ;)[/SIZE]

I was thinking about that... All these Ravenclaw, 1 Gryffindor, and 2 Slytherin... Might as well just make a requirement to be in Ravenclaw...
No Hufflepuff love? Have we already forgotten Cedric Diggory??? Anywho, I was thinking of signing up as a teacher or at least a Hufflepuff student. I would like Ravenclaw, but this is a poor attempt at balancing stuff.

[quote name='Darren']No Hufflepuff love?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Everyone knows Hufflepuffs are just the rejects of the other three Houses. Now if it was a House filled with people of Naruto's Rock Lee's dedication and hard work it might be different. :p[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#35425e]^ We didn't see a Ravenclaw representative in the Triwizard Tournament now, did we? :(

Oh, and having a Hufflepuff student/teacher would be great. Having a sinister one would be just [i]precious[/i].[/COLOr]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I can imagine it now..."Hufflepuff r n00bz" scrawled all over one of Professor Corvidae's desks...

If there is a lack of people signing up to be teachers then I'd be quite happy to create one or two if you need me to. Can't have Gavin running the faculty all by his lonesome now, can we? :p

Also, Sandy, knowing the name of the Ancient Runes teacher? Let alone her [I]first [/I]name? Don't you think that's a bit...desperate fanboy...ish?

Heh...sinister Hufflepuff...

EDIT: I've created a Charms teacher and Head of Hufflepuff for your enjoyment - if someone better takes the spot then that's fine by me, I just thought I'd throw him in the mix.

[B]Name:[/B] Jacobim Crowe
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Age:[/B] 54
[B]Staff Position:[/B] Charms Teacher
[B]House:[/B] Head of Hufflepuff
[B]Wand:[/B] Jacobim carries a unique type of wand - it is made from Redcedar, a very rare type of tree which is saturated with magical energies, measuring in at 12 inches, with a heart of Thestral scales. It was made especially for him by Gregorovitch, the European wandmaker.

[B]Appearance:[/B] Jacobim is a tall and imposing figure, but there are definite signs of age on his face. His once jet-black hair is now streaked with grey, especially around his temples, and is pushed back, slicked over his head rather than hanging down as he used to have it as a younger man. His face has a number of wrinkles, particularly smile lines around the eyes and mouth. A scruffy growth of stubble usually coats his chin, but never anything more. His eyes are deep brown, so dark, in fact, that they are almost black.

He stands at an impressive 6' 2", with broad shoulders and an even broader chest. His physique could, at one time, only have been described as "muscular," but age has taken hold and he has begun to grow slightly flabbier around the gut, no matter how hard he works out. His cloak is long and black, with yellow edging to show his loyalty to his own house.

[B]Personality: [/B]Jacobim, or "Jake" to his friends, "Professor Crowe" to his students, is one of those laid-back, friendly types of teacher, who adapts his methods of teaching depending on the class. If a class is rowdy, he will clamp down on behaviour, but if a class is well-behaved, he will relax a little, and let them get on with their work in their own time.

He has immense loyalty to his former house, and is overwhelmed to be the new Head of Hufflepuff, knowing that Pomona Sprout, his predecessor, was one of the finest Heads the house had ever seen. However, with hard work and patience he aims to do Professor Sprout proud. As such, he gets on well with Zeta Conroy, the Head of Slytherin, but not so well with Alexander Corvidae.

[B]Biography: [/B]

Dear Minerva,

It seems a long time ago now that I was a student at the fine establishment that was Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and my years have served me well. My career in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, as you know, gave me an excellent insight into the Ministry during the Second War, and I was glad to pass on that information to the Order while Voldemort was at the peak of his power. I only wish I had managed to serve the Order better during the Battle, but that was a long time ago now.

My time at Hogwarts was some of the happiest of my life. I know that many former students say this, but in my case, it is the absolute truth. You know of the situation with my father, of course, that he was tried and sentenced as a Death Eater during Voldemort's first rise to power, leaving my mother alone to raise me and my brother Lucas. Of course, it was tough on her, and I only wish I could have done more to help. My life lit up the moment I received that coveted letter from Hogwarts, and of course I accepted.

Everything that happened to me at Hogwarts, from the Sorting Hat putting me into Hufflepuff, to receiving my NEWT results that hot summer day, was magical. Not just in the obvious sense, either, in the personal, emotional sense as well.

Looking back now, I think that my choice of career was entirely wrong for me. I was successful enough during my time as Head of Magical Law Enforcement, of course, but I always felt that I would be better suited doing something else, something meaningful. Like teaching, of course. So the offer of the teaching post after Filius retired was a welcome break from the life of a Magical Law Enforcer (it sounds so much more romantic and adventurous when you say it like that!). My four years teaching Charms has given me feelings and experiences I have never known before. You know, one girl in my NEWT class came up to me the other day and hugged me, just for helping her pass her OWL with an O grade. It was an incredible feeling.

Obviously, Pomona's retirement was a great loss to the Herbology Department (I am excited to meet her replacement, Neville Longbottom, though - a friend of Harry Potter who stood beside him at the Battle? It would be an honour to finally meet him), and a great loss to Hufflepuff House. She was truly one of the finest Heads of House Hufflepuff has ever seen.

Basically, I would be honoured to become the new Head of Hufflepuff House. It would be a delight to take all these students under my wing, and I feel I could do the House proud. I only hope I can live up to the legacy that Professor Sprout left.

Best Wishes,

Jacobim Crowe

PS Sorry for the roundabout style of this letter - I am rather excited about this new position you have offered, and as you know I tend to write a little too much when excited.

[B]Notes:[/B]
-Jacobim used to be a Keeper in the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, and still follows the sport avidly, even offering to help out the team captain in practices. He turns out to watch every game, regardless of whether Hufflepuff are playing or not.

-He helps out as much as he can with the Duelling Club as well, although most of the responsibility goes to Professor Conroy. He lends a helping hand from time to time, occasionally standing in for demonstrations.

-His Patronus is a badger, displaying the house pride which he shows at all times.

-He was at Hogwarts at the same time as Harry's dad, Sirius, Lupin etc. (I don't know exactly when they were at Hogwarts so I just did an approximate age which would be right for them)
[/FONT]

[quote name='Lionheart'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]- Professor Minerva McGonagall, Transfiguration, Headmistress of Hogwarts [/FONT][/QUOTE]
Seeing as Dumbledore gave the Transfiguration position to Minerva when he became headmaster, I assume it's custom for the headmaster (or mistriss) to be exempt from teaching classes. Ultimately it's your choice, but I think it would be highly unlikely that she would be the Transfiguration teacher.

[B]Edit:[/B]
So, I went through and created a few teachers. Keep in mind they're only NPCs used to take up space. If others want to sign up as teachers, you can either throw away these characters, or move them other postions like Matron or Librarian or Flying teacher. (So maybe your goal of all-original professors won't be so hard) Trust me, it won't hurt my feelings. I obviously only spent a few minutes creating them. (Hence the underdeveloped personality and such) So here 'goes:

[B]1) Transfiguration[/B] (Given that you choose not to keep Minerva in that position)
[B]Name:[/B] Dana Gray
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Age:[/B] 39
[B]House:[/B] Gryffindor
[B]Wand:[/B] Foxglove, 12 1/2", Manticore Scale
[B]Personality:[/B] Very "rude and shrewd" teaching style. She's very stubborn and somewhat biased in her opinions. She's strict, and has been thought to be the hardest transfiguration teacher since Albus Dumbledore. She's not mean, but she doens't know how to treat children properly without fear of mutiny.

[B]2)Ancient Runes[/B]
[B]Name:[/B] Torrence Aldridge
[B]Age:[/B] 51
[B]House:[/B] Hufflepuff
[B]Wand:[/B] Brazilwood, 12", Alphyn Hair
[B]Personality:[/B] Torrence is truly the essence of Hufflepuff. In fact, she's a direct descendant of Helga's. She's kind to all of her students, and has been known to look the other way on late homework when a good argument is presented. She shows no favoritism between houses, and besides teaching ancient runes, she's always trying to unlock her students' hidden talents and passions in the classroom.

[B]3)Muggle Studies[/B]
[B]Name:[/B] Josaphine Eggleston
[B]Age:[/B] 72
[B]House:[/B] Gryffindor
[B]Wand:[/B] Laurel, 10 1/4", Catoblepas Scale
[B]Personality:[/B] very old and lively. She loves teaching, but hates schedules. You'll find her fogetful, scatter-brained, and she alwasy appears to be under a Confundus spell. She's a very innocent and sweet old lady once you get to know her, but she's pretty plain.
[B]Notes:[/B] She was previously retired from Hogwarts but was called back after the death of Charity Burbage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Assuming that all of my NPCs are accepted and whatnot, here's what the staff looks like right now:

- Headmistriss Minerva McGonagall
- Professor Alexander Corvidae, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Head of Ravenclaw
- Professor Jacobim Crowe, Charms, Head of Hufflepuff
- Professor Zeta Conroy, Potions, Head of Slytherin
- Professor Dana Gray, Transfiguration
- Professor Aurora Sinestra, Astronomy
- Professor Septima Vector, Arithmancy,
- Professor Torrence Aldridge, Ancient Runes
- Professor Rubeus Hagrid, Care of Magical Creatures
- Professor Josaphine Eggleston, Muggle Studies

[size=1]Yay! Hufflepuff is finally in the game! ^__^ I oftentimes think they're misrepresented...

Just wondering, but all those places that Harry and his little friends explored (such as the Chamber of Secrets, the Shrieking Shack, etc) - are they going to be open? Are students going to be able to break into those areas once again, or will Hogwarts have boarded them up? Or...are they like...wizardy tourist attractions?[/size]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I can imagine it now..."Hufflepuff r n00bz" scrawled all over one of Professor Corvidae's desks...
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I am [B]so[/B] going to put that in somewhere, awesome idea Phil. ;)

Poor Alexander is being cast as a lot more sinister than I originally intended, though I suppose if you use Michael Wincott as your appearance, it comes with the territory.

[[b]Edit[/b]] And seeing as I love history as a subject, I feel the boys and girls at Hogwarts deserve a teacher who can't speak about interaction with historical events in the first person. Binns has finally been ghostbusted.

[B]Name:[/B] Emily Donovan

[B]Age:[/B] 21

[B]Staff Position:[/B] History of Magic

[B]House:[/B] Ravenclaw

[B]Wand:[/B] Sakura, 12 inches, Griffin feather core.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [url=http://zeitgeistglee.250free.com/Emily.jpg][b]Emily[/b][/url]

Classically beautiful, Emily?s features are the definition of perfect. Standing 5?6?, one would be forgiven for mistaking Emily as being fragile, given her slender body and graceful movements, but to do so against her in a duel would be an entirely foolish decision. From a lifetime devoted to books, Emily has slightly paler skin than is usual, which contrasts remarkably against her green eyes and rose coloured lips, indeed her eyes are said to sparkle when she laughs and many young men have been stopped in mid sentence simply by the sight of her.

[B]Personality:[/B] As an ex-Ravenclaw, Emily has a distinct love of learning, and knew from the moment she started at Hogwarts that she wanted to return to teach there some day. As a student she was known to be slightly shy, and somewhat uncertain of herself in front of most teachers, despite often being the most intelligent in her class. This remains with her to a degree in that she is unsure how to act around most of her fellow staff, given that many of them were her teachers not too long ago. The exceptions to this is her former House Head Alexander Corvidae, with whom she has is to have a deep rapport.

Her relationship with students is less like that of a teacher and more of an older sister, she is not one for handing out discipline often, though she is more than capable of doing so if the situation warrants it, and has a gentle disposition towards those in her class. Emily is known for her belief that developing within students a love for History for Magic is the easiest way of teaching it, despite it?s often taxing writing requirements and text memorisation.

[B]Bio:[/B]

Dear Emily,

[INDENT]I can hardly contain myself writing this, being so filled with delight. To have graduated your studies an entire year early, and still get the highest score in your class, you have doing yourself so proud. I cannot wait to see what approach you take to teaching your class in the coming school year, though I am sure it will be a good one.

It seems much less than four years ago that I met you, a slightly withdrawn sixth year girl hiding such potential, sitting in the back of class worried about how people would react to her if she exposed even a little of that gifted mind. But I knew the moment I laid eyes on you that you?d be great in whatever it is that you pursued. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, and yours showed a gentle and yet indomitable spirit I had the pleasure of seeing. I still have the first test you took, and without giving your name show it to my current crop of students to see what they can accomplish if they put their minds to it.

Spoke to your mother in Diagon Alley yesterday, and she hasn?t changed a bit since we left Hogwarts together so many years ago. She looked like she was going to burst with pride, and I genuinely think she was worried her only child was going to go off and do something dangerous like become an Auror, hah, I think Harry and the Ministry were the ones to lose out that you didn?t. But just between old friends, I feel happier knowing that you?ll be around, some of the other staff don?t seem to appreciate my teaching methods. I think I?m seen as a bit of an ogre.

Minerva and I have spoke of nothing but your coming tenure every time we meet for lunch. She always did have a special spot for you, even if she still complains Gryffindor were robbed when you were sorted into Ravenclaw. I spoke with Binns too just before he passed on fully, he told me that he had been just waiting for the right person to replace him, and that you were her, no pressure eh ? I know most students never really appreciated Cuthbert, but I know you?ll always look back on him and value the faith he put in you.

Hagrid and the other staff send their regards as well, and the Talons can?t wait to see one of the old guard come back and teach them some new spells. I told them about the time you beat Hufflepuff?s best with one spell, hah, the Badgers will never live that down. Anyway I?ve said all I can think of, no doubt I?ll send another three letters of disjointed thoughts over the next few weeks, but for now I?ll leave you with the riddle for the dorm for September.[/indent]

[CENTER][I]Foward I am heavy, backwards I am not, what am I ?[/I] [/CENTER]

[RIGHT]Yours always,
Alexander[/RIGHT]

[b]Other Notes[/b]

[list][*][size=1][font=verdana]Emily Donovan is Irish.[/size][/font]
[*][size=1][font=verdana]She was Head Girl in her final year.[/size][/font]
[*][size=1][font=verdana]Is an avid Quidditch fan.[/size][/font]
[*][size=1][font=verdana]One of the few people who makes Professor Corvidae smile when she's around.[/size][/font]
[*][size=1][font=verdana]A skilled duelist.[/size][/font][/list][/SIZE]

If it's alright with you, Lionheart, I'd like my character (Medea Weasley) to be the daughter of Percy Weasley and Penelope Clearwater, just to tie her to the other Weasleys and Potters running around the school better (she'd be their cousin).

Also, Rowling has revealed that [spoiler]George Weasley has a son named Fred (duh!). Maybe he could be attending the school as well? And Bill and Fleur have two children younger than Victoire mentioned in the book (who should already be out of there by now).[/spoiler]

PS. Gavin! You can't boot Binns! >:/ What a blasphemy!

Heh, seriously, I think there's already enough female faculty, if all of Darren's suggestions were taken into account... XP There's like [I]five[/I] men left, whereas Rowling has specified that the staff is usually quite equally divided between genders.

And no, I'm not a raving fanboy - my boyfriend is and he's got me infected. XP

The reason why I added so many girls [I]was[/I] to even out the genders. I really wanted to throw a guy in there, but then it wouldn't be even... And taking out Binns and replacing him with Emily really throws things off. I could always change one of them to a boy. Or Gavin could make Emily a boy...

Or Emily could take another spot on the staff, like one of the spots I used my character for. (Really, I wouldn't mind) Except Josaphine... After I made her up on the top of my head, I like her now... But 7/5 ratio of woman (not including Minerva McGonagall) is hardly balanced. Feel free to replace one of mine if you want Sandy.

[quote name='Sandy']PS. Gavin! You can't boot Binns! >:/ What a blasphemy![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Bah, I do Hogwarts a favour by giving them an animated, hell living, history teacher and I get told people prefer Binns. You all suck. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren']The reason why I added so many girls [I]was[/I] to even out the genders. I really wanted to throw a guy in there, but then it wouldn't be even... And taking out Binns and replacing him with Emily really throws things off. I could always change one of them to a boy. Or Gavin could make Emily a boy...

Or Emily could take another spot on the staff, like one of the spots I used my character for. (Really, I wouldn't mind) Except Josaphine... After I made her up on the top of my head, I like her now... But 7/5 ratio of woman (not including Minerva McGonagall) is hardly balanced. Feel free to replace one of mine if you want Sandy.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Seriously does an 7/5 female to male ration really make that big a difference ? I suppose I could change her to Transfiguration to better work in McGonagall's attachment to her, but I'd have been happier to leave her as the history teacher as she's actually modelled off an old-girlfriend of mine who's studying to teach history now.

You couldn't change one of your female characters to a male could you Darren ? Maybe the Ancient Runes teacher.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Ooh, politics at Hogwarts.

I'm not really sure a slightly lopsided mix of genders is a problem - I mean Hogwarts is all for equal rights and the like, why not have more women than men teaching there?

I like Emily, and she seems like a far better History of Magic teacher than Binns (to be honest, as much as I love studying History at college, History of Magic seems like a dull subject anyway - maybe that's all down to Binns). Young people make better teachers anyway. Seems like it would make more sense for Darren to change one of his characters to a male.

That's just my opinion, though. In the end I guess it's all up to Lionheart.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Ooh, politics at Hogwarts.

I'm not really sure a slightly lopsided mix of genders is a problem - I mean Hogwarts is all for equal rights and the like, why not have more women than men teaching there?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but my high school's female to male teacher ratio is slightly more than 3:1 and increasing. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I like Emily, and she seems like a far better History of Magic teacher than Binns (to be honest, as much as I love studying History at college, History of Magic seems like a dull subject anyway - maybe that's all down to Binns). Young people make better teachers anyway. Seems like it would make more sense for Darren to change one of his characters to a male.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Thanks Phil, I knew someone would warm to Emily over Binns.[/SIZE]