OtakuBoards

Hogwarts: Underground [PG- V,L]

Lionheart

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's a big deal or anything, Sandy, and it's not going to really hinder the progression of the RP, but I'm just being difficult.
You stated that Madea's parents were both in Gryffindor, but I alwasy thought that Penelope Clearwater had been in Ravenclaw... I could be wrong, but just thought I'd say something.

[quote name='Darren']Not that it's a big deal or anything, Sandy, and it's not going to really hinder the progression of the RP, but I'm just being difficult.
You stated that Madea's parents were both in Gryffindor, but I alwasy thought that Penelope Clearwater had been in Ravenclaw... I could be wrong, but just thought I'd say something.[/QUOTE]

You're right, I checked. XD I didn't even think of the possibility of her being in a different house than her long time boyfriend... I will make the needed changes.

Thanks, Darr!

[SIZE="1"]Well now, that might actually explain why the young Weasley-ette is in Slytherin. I'd imagine if you were to mix Ravenclaw brains with Gryffindor courage, you might just end up with the Slytherin cunning. N'est pas Sandy ?[/SIZE]

Haha Tempest, I love the comment that Cyri made, "Cuddly Cannons." It's funny. I don't know if it was a typo, but it was funny and in character. Don't change it. I'll make a post later tonight.

Also, I just wanted to say that all Hufflepuffs should get together through PM and discuss what our Common room would look like, since it's the only one never described in the HP series. All I know is that it's on the ground floor.

Lastly Lionheart: What do you say to made up spells?

[SIZE="1"]Just jumping to say I have been reading along, but won't be posting until the train reaches Hogwarts. I never thought that teachers got the train as well, not all of them anyway, so Zeta will have made her own way there earlier in the summer. Besides, as head of house she probably needs to check that things are in order and her stock cupboard is full before students arrive.[/SIZE]

How made-up spells. I really don't mind having some made up spells around here, but before you post using the spells, you should post in this thread of what it is first and what the spell does. That way, everyone knows what spell is and won't be confused when you use it.

...Go Gryffindor!

mm, yeah we'll have quidditch tryouts, but I don't think we should since more the half of everyone in this is already part of their quidditch teams. And Once you tryout, Im pretty sure you don't have to keep trying out every year....

...Go Gryffindor!

Cyriel, I found it funny how my character said that there are "some tough guys in the Quidditch teams this year", and in the very next post your character said "all the good players have left the teams". XD But let's take it as a matter of differenting opinions (after all, Medea isn't interested at Quidditch at all).

Just for fun, here's a list of the players' characters in Quidditch teams:

[U]Gryffindor[/U]
Seeker - Galatéa Mehtevas (Sakura)
Chaser - Alastor Gryffin Robards (Blayze)

[U]Hufflepuff[/U]
Chaser - Aiden Patch Caldwell (Darren)
Seeker - Cyri Leonte-Fieraru (Tempest)

[U]Ravenclaw[/U]
Beater - Vera Adriana Demens (Kitty)

[U]Slytherin[/U]
Keeper - Chris Crouch (Disenchanted)
Seeker - Leo Wilson (Perfection)

So yeah, about half of us are in a Quidditch team (I think the only ones not in are Medea, Sophocles, Albert, Tom, Rigel, Faye and the two teachers (naturally)). I see some interesting matches ahead. ;D

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Actually, Sandy I think it was Darren's character who made that statement. But I agree it's going to be very intresting, considering we have people in every house and at least two players on the team. I have a hunch that Kitty's character is a Beater, by the way. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Yes that was me, and I do remember reading the tough competitors part for this year, but I figured that it was standard to hold try-outs before filling the positions so I assumed that she was referring to the previous players who hadn't graduated just yet.
As far as her tough competitors, she could have been talking about Hufflepuff for all I know. (I kid, Patch is only somwhat good. Without his normal broom, he's mediocre at best) So opinions and differing house competitors would change that statement...

[SIZE="1"]What do you mean teachers can't play Quidditch ? If he has to, Alexander will use a polyjuice potion to ensure Ravenclaw takes the House Cup this year. Or can we have the Dueling Club be worth points too ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]What do you mean teachers can't play Quidditch ? If he has to, Alexander will use a polyjuice potion to ensure Ravenclaw takes the House Cup this year. Or can we have the Dueling Club be worth points too ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I agree!

I think the school should hold a match between the teachers for a bit of fun. It would be amusing to see Alexander and Zeta go head to head.

If not, we have the Duelling Club to amuse ourselves, Gavin. Perhaps a little demonsration is in order for the first years?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]I agree!

I think the school should hold a match between the teachers for a bit of fun. It would be amusing to see Alexander and Zeta go head to head.

If not, we have the Duelling Club to amuse ourselves, Gavin. Perhaps a little demonsration is in order for the first years?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It's a fun idea. I think the only reason Rowling didn't implement a teachers vs. students Quidditch match was that all the teachers in her books were old fogeys. XP

With young blood in the faculty, it would be very believable. ;D

Oh, and sorry about the mix-up, Cyriel and Darren!

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]I agree!

If not, we have the Duelling Club to amuse ourselves, Gavin. Perhaps a little demonsration is in order for the first years?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You are so on, and seeing as I got the go-ahead from Lionheart on that new variety of magic we were talking about before, I think it's going to be very, very interesting demonstration.

Oh, and those fifty galleons Zeta has bet are as good as Alexander's.[/SIZE]

[strike]Gavs, I didn't really get your previous post. Or rather, how it fit the timeline. The teachers were on the train, then suddenly they were spending the night together, and then they were on the opening feast (which takes place in the evening immediately after the students have returned to school, to my knowledge). I'm just confused about it, that's all.[/strike]

Sorry, I was quite tired when I read your post, it all makes sense now. XP

Oh, and you made Emily say to Alexander "I can't believe how much you and [B]your[/B] mother look alike" (or something like that). As fun as the line is, I don't think you meant it that way, heh. ;D

I don't know Sandy, it made sense to me. What Gavin was trying to say was that Emily and Alexander fell asleep on the train, and then there was the two hours later part that jumped him up to the sorting ceremony...

Anyway, I'm curious Gavin, What sort of new magic are you planning?

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Sorry I've been absent for a while, guys, I've just been recovering slowly but surely from the operation I had on Friday. However, I'm back now, I've made a post (which isn't very good, admittedly) and I'm once again ready for action.

Also, Alastor is a Chaser for Gryffindor's Quidditch team. I'm looking forward to the first match of the year - should be fairly interesting.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Also, Alastor is a Chaser for Gryffindor's Quidditch team. I'm looking forward to the first match of the year - should be fairly interesting.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
And that sparks a new conversation completely: How are we going to decide who wins what? Since we have students in each house, I'm sure we all want that house to win... So we need some form of deciding who wins and by how many point each round... (Because in one of the books, Harry had to make sure they won by so many points in order to get the house cup)

Also, I'm not sure how the rounds go, but here's just a guess. I don't suppose it has to be exact now does it?
[CENTER]~~~~~
[SIZE="1"][B]Game 1)[/B] Gryffindor vs. Slytherin

[B]Game 2)[/B] Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff

[B]Game 3)[/B] Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw

[B]Game 4)[/B] Slytherin vs. Hufflepuff

[B]Game 5)[/B] Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw

[B]Game 6)[/B] Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff[/SIZE]
~~~~~[/CENTER]
I'm positive Game 1 and 2 are correct, and I can't remember if the final match is between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw... But all that aside, we still need a fair method of chance (just like it would be in an acutal game) that determines who wins each round... Plus it will keep the element of surprise so no one (not even Lionheart) will know the final outcome...

[SIZE="1"]This might seem a little silly of me, but...

Sandy, I'm a little bothered by your portrayal of Scorpius. I know I'm probably biased, because I adore the Malfoys, but I got the impression from the Epilogue that Draco had changed considerably. I can't imagine he would have his son be the same snob he once was. Arrogant and proud, maybe, but not nearly as awful.

Also, I find it difficult to believe Goyle would have had a functioning child. He was a Death Eater, or at least in league with Voldemort, so he's probably in Azkaban or, even, dead.

I know I'm being nitpicky, but you're dealing with my favourite boy so I tend to get like this. I'm sure you understand.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]This might seem a little silly of me, but...

Sandy, I'm a little bothered by your portrayal of Scorpius. I know I'm probably biased, because I adore the Malfoys, but I got the impression from the Epilogue that Draco had changed considerably. I can't imagine he would have his son be the same snob he once was. Arrogant and proud, maybe, but not nearly as awful.

Also, I find it difficult to believe Goyle would have had a functioning child. He was a Death Eater, or at least in league with Voldemort, so he's probably in Azkaban or, even, dead.

I know I'm being nitpicky, but you're dealing with my favourite boy so I tend to get like this. I'm sure you understand.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I do understand, but I actually have a plan of tying Scorpius to my character. ;D Remember that first impressions can be misleading, and although Scorpius and Junior are being nasty towards Hagrid, I wasn't going to make them same type of antagonists as their fathers were.

And Gregory Goyle was never a Death Eater, although he did take Voldemort's (or rather, Draco's) side - he spent the seventh book in Hogwarts, not with the Death Eaters. But I can easily change Junior to be someone else's child, if it bothers you that much. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']Oh, and you made Emily say to Alexander "I can't believe how much you and [B]your[/B] mother look alike" (or something like that). As fun as the line is, I don't think you meant it that way, heh. ;D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The line reads fine to me Sandy, though by alike, what I meant was that Alexander is comparing what Emily looks like now, to what her mother looked like at that age.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren']Anyway, I'm curious Gavin, What sort of new magic are you planning?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]You'll just have to wait and see Darren. ;)[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"][size=1]Sorry, I may have missed it earlier. But do we have to try out every year? Just asking because Blayze mentioned it in his post about trying out again. Either way for now I've gone with that we do so it fits with Blayze's post. If not then I guess I'll change it.[/size][/COLOR]