OtakuBoards

Hogwarts: Underground [PG- V,L]

Lionheart

[SIZE="1"][B]@ Sandy:[/B] Kaaaay~ I knew I was being picky, so thank you for understanding. And keep Junior as Goyle's kid, maybe it's just the idea of him adding to the gene pool that frightens me, lol.

[B]@ Sakura:[/B] I think there are tryouts each year. When Harry's made captain, he tells Katie Bell she won't need to try out again, but she says something about it being only fair to the new hopefuls. Which makes sense, really.

[B]@ Gavin:[/B] I AM EXCITED, MY FRIEND.

And I feel special knowing what you're talking about. That duel will be quite something, indeed.[/SIZE]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Hope its ok that I mentioned that Slytherin house had the least number of students sorted into it and Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff had the most respectively. Lemme know if anyone would like me to change it, I think Blayze mentioned something about Gryffindor getting a rather sizeable handful. -shrugs-[/size]

[quote name='Disenchanted'][size=1]Hope its ok that I mentioned that Slytherin house had the least number of students sorted into it and Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff had the most respectively. [/size][/QUOTE]

I have no problem with it, I think it's only natural, somehow.

Anyway, I wanted to bring some shadow over the glee of starting a new school year with my latest post. The death of Medea's roommate could relate to whatever events you have planned for the game, Lionheart.

That was also a cue for some student-teacher interaction with our characters, Jamie. ;D

Poor Sytherin. Only getting a handful of students from the sorting hat. I feel bad for them.

At first Sandy I didn't know what to think of the girl who died in your post, but after thinking about it. I believe it's just going to make things easier for the transition of the main plot to unfold.

Gavin, I can see you [I]really[/I] don't like Hufflepuff. "Ordinary Wizards," Whatever... And yet, there probably wasn't a Ravenclaw student who could out-smart or out-duel Cedric when he was in school...

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see who really wins the house cup.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1600/hufflepuffef5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Anyway, I'm anxious to get this started, but I've found that Patch will run into a bit of trouble as far as classes go. He's the only 7th year, so if all the professors wouldn't mind, could you just maybe mention your 2nd year NEWT classes every once in a while, because Aiden won't be in any classes with anyone. (I didn't actually think I'd be the only 7th year to sign up, but that's how it goes)

[B][SIZE="3"]GO HUFFLEPUFF!!![/SIZE][/B]

[size=1]I'd like to apologize for lack of posting (you guys go so [i]fast[/i]! GEEZ. XD). I had originally planned to do some sort of collab with Jokopoko's character and my own, but he seems to have disappeared and I can't find him. @_@; But I'll post later today regardless of whether he finally posts or not. >w<;;[/size]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Just to let you guys know, Alastor becoming Quidditch captain has been approved by Lionheart. I didn't just do it on a spur-of-the-moment thing, I thought it would be pointless creating an NPC to be the captain.

Also, I thought that Al's friend Dean is the son of Seamus Finnigan, named after his childhood best friend. I had the idea that Seamus' wife was a Muggle who left him after she found out that he was a wizard. If anyone knows any canon that this is not following, please let me know.

Anyways, bring on the extra-curricular activities!
[/FONT]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][B]"I reckon we can trounce the Talons this year. Unless Corvidae has something up his sleeve for them. Which, knowing him, he probably has. Evil bastard," [/B]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Dream on Phil, Gryffindor hasn't a bloody chance, even without Alexander's tutelage, you're still dealing with a House of magical geniuses.

On a side note, I think I'm about ready to accept that Alexander has become the new Snape and might as well continue making him morally ambiguous and stop caring about his physical hygiene.

[[b]Edit[/b]] By the way Phil, if Dean is from where I think he is in Ireland, he'll use the term "bud/buddy" instead of mate. [/SIZE]

Just a heads up: I'll be leaving tonight to drive to L.A.
22 hour, non-stop... :animedepr
And I won't be back until the 19th. I'll have a laptop, but not much access to it, so I'll be able to keep up with the story, but no time to actually post. If you guys could keep Aiden occupied while I'm away, I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Does anybody know of anything to do in L.A.? Never been, and there will be one afternoon that I get to myself. (while my parents are trying to get on The Price is Right.:animesigh Jeez, they're embarrassing) Just curious

[COLOR="Green"][size=1]All answers to this question should be directed to Darren's PM, because this, if what, is off-topic. ;P
- Sandy[/size][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Sandy, in your last post you reference Herbology as being the morning's first class. I probably should have made it clearer in my last few posts but the Duelling Club/DADA demonstration for the school is going to take up the first two classes. If you wouldn't mind, could you edit your post accordingly.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Sandy, in your last post you reference Herbology as being the morning's first class. I probably should have made it clearer in my last few posts but the Duelling Club/DADA demonstration for the school is going to take up the first two classes. If you wouldn't mind, could you edit your post accordingly.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Oh, it's for the[I] entire [/I]school? I thought it was only for those [I]in[/I] the Duelling Club. I will edit my post, then. ;P

Speaking of edits, [B]Blayze[/B], Albus Potter is in his [I]second[/I] year already, since this game is taking place one year after the epilogue of Deathly Hallows (where he was entering his first year). So... do you mind changing that bit? (He could still be as wet-behind-the-ears as the dialogue describes, in my opinion.)

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Not at all, Sandy. I forgot that we were a year after the epilogue. I changed it so that instead of never having heard of Peeves, he's never encountered him instead.

Seems like this demonstration could really fill out the stands on the Quidditch pitch, Gavin. I'm rather intrigued...
[/FONT]

[quote name='Sandy']Oh, it's for the[I] entire [/I]school? I thought it was only for those [I]in[/I] the Duelling Club. I will edit my post, then. ;P[/quote]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Seems like this demonstration could really fill out the stands on the Quidditch pitch, Gavin. I'm rather intrigued...
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Thanks Sandy. And no it was always intended to be a whole school demonstration, with the other staff members present too. After myself and Jamie reveal the nature of the magic, I reckon people can have a lot of fun with it.

I've already given a hint to what it is, so no more. :animesmil

Another good question though boys and girls, is what exactly is on that parchment Alexander handed Zeta. ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Another good question though boys and girls, is what exactly is on that parchment Alexander handed Zeta. ;)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I actually have an idea of what it might be... I don't want to make a guess just in case I'm wrong. I don't suppose you'd tell me if I was right anyway. I will say that if I am right, I'm very disappointed in you Gavin. Anyway, lets get to the duel already! I'm very excited.

Also, does this demonstration count toward the house cup? It is just a demonstration and since I doubt Crowe and Longbottom would duke it out as well, I wasn't sure if anyone was planning on counting it...

[quote name='Darren']I actually have an idea of what it might be... I don't want to make a guess just in case I'm wrong. I don't suppose you'd tell me if I was right anyway. I will say that if I am right, I'm very disappointed in you Gavin. Anyway, lets get to the duel already! I'm very excited.

Also, does this demonstration count toward the house cup? It is just a demonstration and since I doubt Crowe and Longbottom would duke it out as well, I wasn't sure if anyone was planning on counting it...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]PM me, if you're right, I might just let you in on the plotline. And even if you're right, let me say you won't be disappointed with where I'm going with it.

And no, this demonstration won't be for the House Cup, this is just a demonstration for something which may or may not, depending on the skills of those present in the stands be an extra-dimension to the Duelling Club.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#35425e][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Finally! Some non-canon action!

[strike]Say, will you be teaching that spell on a later Dueling Club meeting or do I have to haul Rigel's arse to the pitch to learn it?[/strike] Shoot. Yeah, looking forward to the next meeting.[/FONT][/cOLOR]

That was [I]so[/I] non-canon that I didn't know whether we had suddenly transferred to a Final Fantasy RPG or one about Pokémon. XP

It was a great scene, just... not very "Harry Potter"-like. Even the casting of the spell was totally different (though I assume they uttered the magic words silently).

Anyway, I really truly hope that everybody wouldn't suddenly become Summoners as well. There are already enough Animagi to fill the quota of the generation (the power is supposed to be extra-rare...). ;P

But I'm just nitpicking here, it's good that you and Zeke are brave enough to add something original (or in this case, borrowed) to the series. ;D

PS. Oh, and the fire genie is actually called [I]efreet[/I], the name Ifrit is almost only used in FF.

[quote name='Sandy']That was [I]so[/I] non-canon that I didn't know whether we had suddenly transferred to a Final Fantasy RPG or one about Pokémon. XP

It was a great scene, just... not very "Harry Potter"-like. Even the casting of the spell was totally different (though I assume they uttered the magic words silently).

Anyway, I really truly hope that everybody wouldn't suddenly become Summoners as well. There are already enough Animagi to fill the quota of the generation (the power is supposed to be extra-rare...). ;P

But I'm just nitpicking here, it's good that you and Zeke are brave enough to add something original (or in this case, borrowed) to the series. ;D

PS. Oh, and the fire genie is actually called [I]efreet[/I], the name Ifrit is almost only used in FF.[/QUOTE]
Yes you are just nitpicking, but that's okay. I agree with you to some degree. The first thing I thought of when I read the summoning bit was of Naruto...

And actually, Animagi are not as rare as you think. There's a complicated spell to perform, but other than that, there's nothing preventing a wizard from becoming and animagi. In the HP series we see Rita Skeeter, Minerva Macgonagall, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter as Animagi. There may have even been more that I'm forgetting.

Now if you were talking about Metamorphmagi, then yes, that's what's rare in the wizarding world, but I believe that we only have one. My character is not one, but I was just trying to find a way to explain his involuntary changing irises.

And actually, from what I understand, Ifrit can be spelled many different ways: Efreet, Ifreet, Afrit, and Afreet. Ifrit is the popular spelling because of its usage in FF, but it is a correct spelling of the word. Actually I would have gone with Afrit since they're mentioned in the Qur'an...

But, I suppose I'm the one whose nitpicking now. :P

[quote name='Sandy]That was [I]so[/I'] non-canon that I didn't know whether we had suddenly transferred to a Final Fantasy RPG or one about Pokémon. XP[/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Who are you and what have you done with Sandy if you're complaining that I've mixed Final Fantasy with Harry Potter ? :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy']It was a great scene, just... not very "Harry Potter"-like. Even the casting of the spell was totally different (though I assume they uttered the magic words silently).[/quote]

[SIZE="1"]It was such a pain in the ass to write though, as I didn't think summoning a guardian was the same as just summoning a patronus as they're two very different types of magic. So I tried to create something that took elements from both, as well as Naruto, which I mention in Darren's quote was the real influence for this. I'm still not particularly happy with the spell itself, I think it's a very visual thing and honestly I may change it to something simpler.

There aren't any words for the summoning, it's all in the head and the hands if you take my meaning, the wand movement is the most important part. Basically the wand movements "unlock" each of the twelve "gates" that prevent a guardian from just appearing in the normal human realm, after which the guardian is able to come through to the aid of their Summoner.

Because it?s very different from summoning a patronus, which is essentially a personification of the good inside someone, I felt that the guardian would need a much more complex and difficult spell to call it.[/SIZE]

[quote=Sandy]Anyway, I really truly hope that everybody wouldn't suddenly become Summoners as well. There are already enough Animagi to fill the quota of the generation (the power is supposed to be extra-rare...). ;P

But I'm just nitpicking here, it's good that you and Zeke are brave enough to add something original (or in this case, borrowed) to the series. ;D[/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Well that depends now, as I said, summoning a guardian the level Alexander, Zeta and Neville can call on takes decades of practice and work. Chances are most people seeing as they've had no training aren't going to be able to call on anything it all. And even if they do, it's not going to be impressive, think a little tiny snake as opposed to a Basilisk.

And thanks for the support Sandy, our borrowing will hopefully make it more interesting.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy']PS. Oh, and the fire genie is actually called [I]efreet[/I], the name Ifrit is almost only used in FF.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I know, I actually couldn't decide what Alexander's summon was going to be, I was split evenly between a Griffin and Ifrit from FFX and in the end, I chose Ifrit. Which I why I use that spelling.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren']The first thing I thought of when I read the summoning bit was of Naruto...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, that was probably the biggest influence as I'd just watched one of Gamabunta's episodes again recently.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren']And actually, Animagi are not as rare as you think. There's a complicated spell to perform, but other than that, there's nothing preventing a wizard from becoming and animagi. In the HP series we see Rita Skeeter, Minerva Macgonagall, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter as Animagi. There may have even been more that I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Actually Sandy is right, there were only seven registered Animagus in the 20th century, though I suspect there were many more who either weren't registered or who's nature the Ministry itself kept secret like Aurors.

That said, it doesn't seem to be a particularly difficult ability to master with a few years of practice.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#35425e][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][quote name='Darren']And actually, Animagi are not as rare as you think. There's a complicated spell to perform, but other than that, there's nothing preventing a wizard from becoming and animagi. In the HP series we see Rita Skeeter, Minerva Macgonagall, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter as Animagi. There may have even been more that I'm forgetting.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you put it that way, then yeah, it's not as rare... among the above-par wizards in Harry Potter's immediate world. I mean, you've got a transfiguration teacher, an excellent Seeker, a boy who was almost a prefect, and an overzealous reporter. But imagine if you were Colin Creevey. The only Animagus around you would probably be your Transfiguration teacher, and you wouldn't even figure it out if she didn't do a demonstration on your first day.

So yeah, nitpicking.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]So, just wanted to know if any students wanted to write up a post for their response or if I should carry on with the demonstration? I need to chat to Gavin about which directon he wants to take it, but I'll have something for you all a little later on.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I've just written a response for you, Jamie. As you can see, Alastor is not a fan of the Summoning magic - I guess that's what comes of having a father who was once deep in the Ministry: you get a little paranoid.[/FONT]

[quote name='Blayze'][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I've just written a response for you, Jamie. As you can see, Alastor is not a fan of the Summoning magic - I guess that's what comes of having a father who was once deep in the Ministry: you get a little paranoid.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]An interesting take on the whole thing Phil. Given it hasn't been used regularly in so long, I'd forgotten some people might be uncomfortable around it. I'm really curious to see where you go with it.[/SIZE]