OtakuBoards

Body wash, soap etc.

spy46

ok so i was talking to my GF one day and we were talking about living together.

the topic went to soap and shampoo and she tells me that she has this or that and so on, ya ok so.

then she asks me what i use, i listed some that she has listed and asked why i would use that, wouldnt i rather use some thing else that made me smell more like a guy?

my responce was *its soap, whats the big deal?*

now that i think more about it, tho i do stand by what i had said, i cant help but wonder what does any one else thing?

i mean its not like there is sawdust, oil, dirt or meat smelling soap that alot of guys tend to smell like after work or what ever.

sure there is AXE or what ever, but in general there really isnt any thing like that for guys am i right?:confused:

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Hm. When it comes to body wash, I use whatevers in the shower. Wether that be [B]Irish Spring[/B] or [B]Axe[/B] or what-have-you, it picks itself, I don't pick it. As far as I'm concerned, it resupplies itself magically. Same goes for my shampoo and conditioner, though I am much more concience of the brand.

I believe I've been using [B]Tresseme[/B] or something like that... I have to use a lot of shampoo and conditioner cuz I have long, crazy, thick hair.[/COLOR]

[quote name='spy46']so to you its just soap and shampoo, there is nothing that makes it special so long as it works right?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, my mom buys some specific kind of shampoo and conditioner for me. It's like for greay thick hair I guess... I don't remember the specific title, but I tried out all different kinds to find the one that's best for my hair. So, in that respect, it does matter, but I'm not the one who's paying attention to it.

Whatever it is, girls must like it, cuz all my female friends are always telling me how good my hair smells. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]

I believe I've been using [B]Tresseme[/B] or something like that... I have to use a lot of shampoo and conditioner cuz I have long, crazy, thick hair.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Tresemme all the way. That stuff is gold. It smalls professional and when it rains, my hair smells AWESOME. Also, they have the freeze hold spray. I had my mohawk up for three days with it and it was raining an awful lot. It just didn't fall down and my hair smelt whack (in a good way) too.

Tresemme is the way to go.

As for body wash I don't actually use any. Sometimes I have to shower twice in a day if I have my mohawk up, so there's no point. It just makes people smell worse to be honest. Besides, I spray my clothes with perfume, aftershave and deordant, just to make sure no one can smell me (though I'm pretty sure two showers a day keeps the smell away). I find water does more by itself than body wash or anything, it's just irritating and feels unclean anyhow.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]All I usually use is a bar of plain soap and a bottle of Garnier Fructis shampoo for normal hair. Never got into using body washes, the soap always feels like a more genuine clean and it lasts a hell of a lot longer.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]Tresemme all the way. That stuff is gold. It smalls professional and when it rains, my hair smells AWESOME. Also, they have the freeze hold spray. I had my mohawk up for three days with it and it was raining an awful lot. It just didn't fall down and my hair smelt whack (in a good way) too.

Tresemme is the way to go. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Having just taken a shower (on one leg - NOT an easy task!!!) I decided to see exactly which kind I was using.

It was simply 'deep clensing for all hair types.' The shampoo contained vitamin C and the conditioner had some kind of complicated pro-vitamin that I've never heard of. All I know is it makes my hair easy as hel to brush.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='spy46']wouldnt i rather use some thing else that made me smell more like a guy?

my responce was *its soap, whats the big deal?*

now that i think more about it, tho i do stand by what i had said, i cant help but wonder what does any one else thing?[/QUOTE]Well, not that women expect it, but there is stuff out there that does smell good for a guy. lol I couldn't tell you what it is, I just know when a guy I'm dating is using more than just regular soap.

As for saying it's soap, what's the big deal... Most of the time it's not, but some of us women do like using stuff that cleans well and smells good as well. Plus, most regular bar soap tends to dry my skin out so using body wash is one of the few things I'll spend extra on.

I usually get one from Bath & Body works called Cherry Blossom that smells like Wisteria, which I happen to like actually. Especially since it doesn't dry my skin out. I hate using regular soap and then needing to put lotion on after I take a shower.

I'm also a bit picky about what shampoo I use since some brands like to about strip my hair and make it all dried out as well. I actually get one from where I get my hair cut. Sure it costs a little more, but I like it. That and after trying quite a few brands at the store, I got tired of looking for one that didn't mess my hair up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#35425e][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]For soap, any brand will do. How well my soap cleans doesn't really matter; it's how well I scrub that counts. I once used a bar that had lots of Nile sand in it, weird-smelling stuff, but it was easier to get good and thorough cleaning with it.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Matt']I'm not the type of guy to be picky over what type of soap or shampoo I use. If it smells good, I slather it on me. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Yeah, I'm more like this as well.

My family buys Dove soap, which works well enough for me, and I ninja my mom's shampoo. Usually that's Neutrogena or something, but again it works well. In my experience there's no true blue "standard man's soap" and any product that presents itself as such is a bs advertisement.[/font]

[COLOR="darkslategray"]I don't use any specific type of shampoo, because girls don't run up and sniff your hair. [spoiler]Unless they have a fetish for that?[/spoiler] So I just grab the nearest shampoo bottle and squirt the good stuff on my head. I mean I put it on my head with my hands, the other sentence just sounds creepy. >_>

but as for body wash, I use [B]Axe[/B]. No, not because of the commercials, but because of quality. Boost is my favorite Axe body wash, the smell drives me wild. *goes and rubs self with axe*[/COLOR]

My hubby is like many of you guys, if it's in the shower he'll use it. He doesn't care what body wash/soap is in there. If it cleans it's good enough.

I usually buy the Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon. It's my favorite scent to use during the warm months. It just smells "summery" to me. In the winter I like using their Warm Vanilla Sugar scent since it makes me think of baking for the holidays. As for hair product I usually use KMS products.

I was thinking about picking up some new shampoo when I went to my stylist last week since she used this new stuff that smelled exactly like frosting. I decided against it since the rest of the time I was in the chair I could only think about cupcakes. I swear, that shampoo is the kind kids would try to eat since it smells sooooooo good!

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="darkslategray"]I don't use any specific type of shampoo, because girls don't run up and sniff your hair. [spoiler]Unless they have a fetish for that?[/spoiler][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Do you have any female friends? You know how they always hug you? That's when they notice.[/COLOR]

TV has a lot of commercials for men's products, so I guess that was an influence on her. I was pretty shocked, too, when I found out that most of my guy friends used Garnier Fructis shampoo. But when I thought about it, all that really matters is that you don't smell like sweat and onions... or something. The scent of sawdust and meat isn't really all that attractive, and AXE can be really heavy and ovepowering.

So, yeah, basically -- soap is soap. A couple of squirts of some sport cologne smells good, too, but as long as you're clean, all's well.

exactly, its soap, it smells that way to let you know that you are (should be) clean.

i also use whats ever is in the bathroom, we normally have zest here and i will use what ever shampoo because unless i dont like the smell or its making my hair fall out, im going to use it.

unless of course its special for some thing else

I'm not really sure...

With soap I'm not too caring about it. I'm a guy, but I don't even know what you mean by the "guy smell". Because I like to smell decent. I use a random soap. Whatever I have next to me at the time. I just grab, clean, and get out of there.

Shampoo? Well, I use whatever I have next to me (just like the soap). I like to use Pert+ because it smells good.

If you believe it, I really care about how I smell... the "typical" guy smell (in my opinion) is sweat DX

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I'm all about my soaps and shampoos. Ivory soap is the way to go. Its soft, yet rugged enough for all the lumberjacking I do and as for shampoo I use girly stuff cause as all guys know; girls smell better.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Ha! So the truth emerges!

We smell better.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Do you have any female friends? You know how they always hug you? That's when they notice.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, we notice it then, but it's not like we hug you with the intention of sniffing up your bodily fragrances (or odors, as the case may be). If you're smelling particularly nice, we're going to notice. But we don't really pay much attention if you just smell like a clean person.

[quote name='spy46']i mean its not like there is sawdust, oil, dirt or meat smelling soap

sure there is AXE or what ever, but in general there really isnt any thing like that for guys am i right?:confused:[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]

1.) Thank whatever powers that be that ther isn't soap that smells like meat... or anything else you named for that matter. But really especially meat. I bet the dogs would love that.

2.) There's pleanty of men smelling products. My brother has some Old Spice body wash right now and it smells pretty good in the bathroom after he's done with a shower. You just have to know where to look.

As for me I'm very partial to this Coconut something or other concoction by Caress that I get at Target. Bodywash wise it works pretty good. It has pomegranet seeds and Tahitian palm milk. Well that's the cheaps stuff at least.

I also have this one from Victoria's Secret called Amber Romance. It came in a set with my lotion and body spray.

But that's just body wash. I color my hair a lot so I have to have special shampoo for that. Right now it's dark burgundy which is a hard color to maintain so I have Shampoo to increase my color along with a color boost gloss. It doesn't smell as nice as my usual two in one for my dry hair (That's coconut milk and orchid from Herbal Esscences) But it keeps my color so I use it.

The thing is though guys that yeah we're not hugging you to smell you, but for some of us it's just odd to smell a guy who smells girly. Even though we do smell better.[/color][/font]

[quote name='retro LOV3']Yeah, we notice it then, but it's not like we hug you with the intention of sniffing up your bodily fragrances (or odors, as the case may be). If you're smelling particularly nice, we're going to notice. But we don't really pay much attention if you just smell like a clean person.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]My hair has been very intently sniffed before, and there have been mutiple occasions in which a girl smelled my hair, told the other surrounding girls to smell my hair, and thereby subjected me to a round of hair-sniffing >_>[/COLOR]

for the most part, 99.9% of soap and shampoo does have a girly smell to it, save for a few.

the typical guy smell would be that of.

grass (lawn not other) saw dust, oil (from working on a car?) dirt, sweat, meat (BBQing) and any other things that guys do that give them a smell that tends to be a little on the ....strong side?

i just find that so long as i am clean, and dont smell like sweat or what ever after work, some thing that would make my GF want to cuddle with me, i will use it.