OtakuBoards

Body wash, soap etc.

spy46

[quote name='spy46']grass (lawn not other)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I have to admit, freshly cut grass definitely has a great smell, that said though, I can't imagine going around the entire day smelling like a well maintained lawn.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Don't worry, Axe smells pretty disgusting. You're better off with a bar of soap.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]For every person who absolutely hates the scent, theres someone who absolutely loves it. I remember once etting a 'oh! you smell like axe!' and I asked f that was good, and they said yes. I know my mom likes the smell sinc my dad says that's the only reason he wears it... i hate it >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]For every person who absolutely hates the scent, theres someone who absolutely loves it. I remember once etting a 'oh! you smell like axe!' and I asked f that was good, and they said yes. I know my mom likes the smell sinc my dad says that's the only reason he wears it... i hate it >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] To be honest, I've never smelled Axe directly from the container. But the guys who wear it that I've encountered just use way too much of it, I think. You can practically smell it from across the classroom, and that's just bleh.[/font]

Old Spice Body Wash is the ****. After Hours is my favorite, and I've always gotten good responses when the situations came to it. It gets you clean, hydrates (key for someone who works in the sun all day), and it smells strong and, well, manly without being overpowering. Also, Adidas' generic body wash is good for said reasons, but doesn't smell as good in my opinion. Old Spice High Endurance deoderant also rocks, because it's a) Old Spice, b) smells good, and c) lasts up to fourteen hours of constant work and labor and sweat.

Shampoo is simple, though. Head And Shoulders, the green one. Smells good and hydrates the scalp. Simple.

And there are plenty of "guy" cleaning products. Mostly, they don't have flower scents. They usually have a thicker, heavier smell. Comparing two different types of body wash is just as easy as comparing, say a Victoria's Secret perfume to Brut.

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]I have to admit, freshly cut grass definitely has a great smell, that said though, I can't imagine going around the entire day smelling like a well maintained lawn.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I don't know about you Gavin, but I'd rather go about the day smelling like someone's yard than smelling of meat.

I have to agree with Lunox about the Axe. The smell of that just makes me want to hurl and I get a head ache from being around it. I mean it, whenever I go shopping I pretty much have to run past Abercrombie and Fitch because the scent just wafts out the doors into the rest of the mall. Yeck I swear I think that is the cheapest smelling cologne ever.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Panda']I usually buy the Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon. It's my favorite scent to use during the warm months. It just smells "summery" to me. In the winter I like using their Warm Vanilla Sugar scent since it makes me think of baking for the holidays. As for hair product I usually use KMS products. [/QUOTE]My mom loves stuff from Bath & Body Works. I think she even has that Cucumber Melon one you're talking about.

Anyway, for the most part I really don't care. So long as I'm clean I'm pretty indifferent to what type of soap or shampoo that I use. Though I don't like ones that have a more flowery scent. If it's going to have a smell to it I prefer that it be spices instead, or just a simple clean scent. As guy I just don't care for something that smells like roses or other flowers. For myself that is on a girl it's just fine.

In the end I usually get something neutral like Dove and the same goes from shampoo. I think it's called Pantene Pro-V or something like that. Just their basic two in one type of deal where the conditioner is mixed in with the shampoo. It's what my parents used before I moved out on my own and since it works I stick with it.

Deodorant is obviously a must, seriously that's kind of a big step in keeping that sweaty smell away. Especially when it's warm out. I use one called Sure. It doesn't have a heavy smell and it works well enough.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]My hair has been very intently sniffed before, and there have been mutiple occasions in which a girl smelled my hair, told the other surrounding girls to smell my hair, and thereby subjected me to a round of hair-sniffing >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

*pats you on the shoulder*
I'm sorry you had to suffer through that. It must have been traumatic. :animesmile:

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]For every person who absolutely hates the scent, theres someone who absolutely loves it. I remember once etting a 'oh! you smell like axe!' and I asked f that was good, and they said yes. I know my mom likes the smell sinc my dad says that's the only reason he wears it... i hate it >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It really depends on the specific fragrance and how much you use. Some guys spray it like it's body wash or something. If you just use a little, it's bearable. Still, I think actual cologne -- not body spray -- smells a lot better. But it still needs to be sprayed lightly; not allover!

Oh good, I was worried nobody would agree with me that Axe smells awful. I guess they tried to strike a balance between appealing odors and manly ones, and it just ended up smelling like someone with bad BO trying unsuccessfully to disguise it with cologne they got from a gas station checkout counter.

And no, Lunox, they're not putting it on too much; the smell is just that damn strong.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='spy46']my responce was *its soap, whats the big deal?*[/QUOTE]Well maybe not for guys and some girls even, but personally I like using stuff that has a nice smell to it. For myself I'm rather fond of bath salts and using stuff for a nice good soak. As well as body wash that has a good scent. I've never cared for regular soap since most brands dry my skin out. I just about always use some type of body wash. Bath & Body works has some great stuff that I like to get.

I'm also picky about shampoo since my hair is easily damaged by a lot of brands. I hate washing it and having it all frizzy from some shampoo I got at Wall-Mart so I tend to get something a little nicer that doesn't do that. [quote name='spy46']sure there is AXE or what ever, but in general there really isnt any thing like that for guys am i right?:confused:[/QUOTE]No, you're wrong, just do some looking around and you'll see that there is plenty of stuff for guys out there. I think someone already mentioned Old Spice. Personally I think that one actually smells pretty good. And I definately prefer a guy who smells good. Sure being clean is good enough, but smelling nice and being cute as well? That's a definite plus in my book. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I usually only use Dove soap. It smells nice, and its cheap. I like body wash too, and I'll get it occationally; especially if its that scrub stuff with those little beads. Gets the dead skin of so your nice and smooth.

I agree that most of those Axe products smell disgusting! I only like the Desert-something body wash from Axe. I bought that for my brother...I used it once too, heh.

As for shampoo, I use some Dove stuff for the scalp(more so my hair doesn't get greasy, ew), and Dove conditioner thats good for the ends of your hair. Plus once a week I use a clarifying shampoo since I use hairspray.

Yeah, its loads of fun.[/SIZE]

It doesn't really matter what kind of shampoo&conditioner and soap I use. As long as I'm clean, s'all good. :]

But I mostly use Dove Soap and Pantene Pro-V.

I recently noticed that Pantene Pro-V makes my hair softer, so heyyy, I may be using it for a while, haha.

OMG, Axe smells disgusting. Well, in my opinion. I don't see what people like about it. (Sry to the Axe lovers.)

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I usually use Redken shampoo for extreme hair because it help's to make my hair silkier and make it easier to manage(because it's so thick). Although I don't think it's for guys though...meh, oh well, the scent wasn't really why I got it anyway's. Oh, and as far as bodywash goes, I use [B]Old Spice[/B].

[I]Experience is everything.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]