OtakuBoards

In Which Stuff Happens

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Once upon a time, in a kingdom several degrees removed from reality there was a force known as Cymantics. A strange and driving force, an occult formed around it with the express purpose of gaining even more Cymantics and thus gaining power. To appease the laws that govern this raw energy certain requirements and restrictions are levied upon those who would bind themselves to these laws.

[i][b]The First Law:
If a single Kliche fall from thy lips, all Cymantics shall leave thee by next sunrise.

The Second Law:
If thine accent is not Cymantics enough, thou shalt surely lose your power every moment you do not speak with it as such.

The Third Law:
Your death shall surely be as Cymantic as the life you have lead.[/i][/b]

These laws taken into account, several things become clear. One, if you're a commoner, odds are you're not Cymantic enough to be a ruler of anything, much less an anthill. If you manage to live as foppish and fancy and dandy a life as the forces behind Cymantics require, you'll most definitely live for a very long time so long as you don't do anything particularly foolish. Meanwhile in the real world, people live out their lives whichever way they please, Cymantics and Kliches alike be damned. Feudal law holds sway as one might expect in such a fantasy setting, and there are as many species of creature as there are horrifying ways to die. [URL="http://mixedmyth.keenspace.com"]Mixed Myth[/URL] the webcomic is the inspiration for this highly and hopefully non typical fantasy rpg. Oh yes, Kliches are a fancy way of saying cliches. Don't do them. They're bad. Villains that succumb to the allure of bad Kliches usually die. The inventive and Cymantics ones don't.

To be Cymantics, you're best off being both a jerk and mysterious. If the hero of the story asks you what you're up to, a proper response would be: "I'd tell you, but that wouldn't be Cymantics." For a working example of what would be Cymantics, I give you this scenario. You're about to be killed by a horde of angry mercenaries trying to shoot you full of holes. Do you...

A: Run away on your own two legs and not your horse's.
B: Call down fire from the skies.
C: Cry like a sissy girl.

Option A is not Cymantics but will probably be so stupid that you will survive. Option C is not a real option, but it's been known to happen...meanwhile option B is the most Cymantic option and will probably not result in your death as it will be unnaturally preserved by the powers of Cymantics.

[i]In this story, you have groups, usually 3-4 people on quests for power, dragon slaying parties, and so on and so forth. But first you have to take a quiz, usually administered by the local Seer.

"Have you ever expressed dangerous or mysterious powers in times of dire need?"

"Have you or any of your party ever served the powers of darkness but realized the errors of his/her ways?"

"Does anyone in your party have awesome powers mingled with amnesia?"

If you answered yes to any of the above, you suffer from a condition known as 'Story line.' Better you than me.[/i]

So here's the thing. You'll have to kill a most likely immortal and unbeatable dragon, or go travel across barren lands in the name of finding that which your employer has forced you perhaps at sword point to find, or maybe you'll have to play lady in waiting to a bunch of powerful, snobbish, foppish elves.

Species that are acceptable are included but not limited to half dragons, elves, faeries, sidhe, animal/humans, changelings, anthrophages such as vampires, werewolves, and were-anything else you want, trolls, ogres, ghouls, goblins, selkies, and so on and so forth. Oh yes, also acceptable are sphinxes, sylphs, nixies, lorelei, lamia, half breeds of any mix, skin walkers, demons, giants, and incorporeal spirits.

Please note that if you do decide to be an elf, you've decided to be a member of the ruling forces in this universe and as such will have to type out your posts in some sort of fancy schmancy script to be Cymantics enough...and your character better be both girly and frivolous and selfish and so on and so forth. Think of it as the price you pay to have both power and glory. And really pretty clothes. All other species allow for greater versatility. You could be a mercenary, a sorceress, a necromancer, an enchanter, an evocator, a Seer, and your powers could range from the obvious to the crazier. I.e. The ritual use of air quotes for mind control; also known as Thaumaquotology.

Sign ups should follow this basic scheme and be sure to fulfill one of the three obligations to be part of the Story Line in order to qualify.
[center][i]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/i][/center]
Name: Mreelsa Kreyemuleté

Species: Sylph, Human changeling

Appearance: See First Attachment.

Personality Flaws: Self obsessed, sarcastic to the point of cruelty, sardonic, rude and prone to overcompensation.

Specialty: Air Walking; a style of fighting that uses her ability to manipulate the
forces of air and cloud to her advantage, allowing her to defy the forces of gravity.

Reason for Living: Mostly because killing stuff is fun and if she were dead, she couldn't kill as easily.

In What Manner You Suffer from Story Line: Once Mreelsa was a naughty girl, killing on whims and being very very bad until she realized that she should probably stop killing helpless stuff and try for things that could fight back. This might have something to do with the curse leveled on her by a very annoyed Wizard. She can't kill innocents unless she wants to be temporarily turned into a five year old girl. [/FONT][/COLOR]

((This looks too interesting not to sign up for, but lemme know if I need to change my sign up))

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Name:[/B] Rel Nerom[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Age:[/B] 27[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Species:[/B] Human [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Occupation:[/B] Small time grifter and thief[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Appearance:[/B] Has moderately long dark red hair and blue eyes. He is somewhat light skinned and pretty short (about 5'4") and skinny. ((Having trouble finding a pic, but when I find one good enough I'll add it))[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Personality Flaws:[/B] He often attempts to manipulate others (to varying degrees of success and failure), and believes himself much more charming than he is (though, he has shown time and time again to be pathetically vulnerable to the charms of others). Rel is also far from being brave, and has never killed anyone not because he hasn't had the chance or because he's morally against it but because every time he's taken the opportunity to run instead.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Speciality:[/B] Rel is a thief before all else, and is fairly skilled at prowling, pick pocketing, breaking and entering.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]Reason for Living[/B]: Rel's goals are always the same: make some money, spend the money, and if at all possible avoid having sharp objects put through his body. He rarely works for any significant reason, usally just to have enough money to eat, considering he tends to spend all money he receives to moment he receives it in the most irresponsible manner he can think of.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=darkslategray][B]In What Manner You Suffer From a Story Line:[/B] Rel has always enjoyed the small thrill of taking what wasn't his until but never realized until his teens that he could make money doing so, which he began to do as much as he could.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1][B]Name:[/B] Count Vladmir the Embarrasser

[B]Age:[/B] No idea, he assumes he’s Centuries old since most vampires usually are

[B]Species:[/B] Emotion-Feeding Vampire, Changeling, Cat-Man

[B]Occupation:[/B] Full-time Bum (Yet owns his own Estate)

[B]Appearance:[/B] [img]http://www.nosgoth2.net/Defiance/images/kain1.JPG[/img]

[B]Personality Flaw:[/B] Swears viciously and constantly, even more so in front of women. Very egocentric, arrogant and a self professed pervert.

[B]Speciality:[/B] Gaining power (Enough to live during the day without harm) by feeding on the emotions of others, mainly sexual feelings and embarrassment. All the better if the emotion is sexual embarrassment. Vladmir can also perform mild shape shifting and also dabbles slightly (very slightly!) in the brutalities of combat.

[B]Reason for Living:[/B] Solely exists to gain amusement and power at others expense. Enjoys toying with people in something of a malicious way as well as gaining wealth and treasure in all its forms.

[B]In What Manner You Suffer from ‘Story Line’:[/B] Vladmir has no idea how or why he gained great power as a changeling-vampire, cat-lord and has no idea what kind of life he led before, nor does he really care.[/size]

[size=1][color=#8B008B][B]Name-[/B] Nazani Yerazig
[B]Age-[/B] 1746
[B]Species-[/B] Nix
[B]Occupation-[/B] Alchemist/Evocator
[B]Appearance-[/B] [URL=http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs16/i/2007/220/a/0/The_Temptation_of_Man_by_tattereddreams.jpg]"Mermaid" Form[/URL]; [URL=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/277/a/0/familiar_by_GENZOMAN.jpg]Human Form[/URL]

[B]Personality Flaws-[/B] An obsessive-compulsive person who has tendencies to be aggressive, is prone to bouts of anger, and is easily amused by the failures of those around her. Her aggression and anger are usually caused by seeing her own blood.

[B]Specialty-[/B] Summoning and creating golems of all sorts; Shape-shift; Alchemy.

[B]Reason for Living-[/B] Other than the obvious of wanting to find her lost memory, death is the ultimate failure and failure is not an option in a world filled with opportunity. Besides, what good is a world if she has no one to fight with?

[B]In what manner you suffer from Story Line-[/B] Poor little Nazani remembers nothing of her past and little of who she is. All that she knows is that she is from a species called Nix and is a powerful Alchemist/Evocator.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]Name[/B]: Rafael
[B]Age[/B]: 777
[B]Species[/B]: Half-demon
[B]Occupation[/B]: Male prostitute by day, heroic vigilanty by night.

[B]Personality Flaws:[/B] Has a terrible case of tourrets, so he will say things he does not mean. Is also schizophrenic, his other half is a Gigolo. His mind wanders at times. And he is an extreme homophobe, however his other is not.

[B]Specialty[/B]: Can seduce any women, but has accidently attracted men at times. but his other half will embrace them. He can also use his wings to fly and he will shoot beams of light at thingshe doesn't mean to hit. Uses seduction to stop his foes.

[B]Reason for Living:[/B] Rafael hopes to impregnate women, and give birth to a legacy. He has nineteen children, and has to pay support for all of them. Kicked out by his last girlfriend for excesively saying 'fuck' to her, and even her mom's cat. So he wants to find a cure for his tourrets.

[B]In what matter you suffer from 'story-line'[/B]: Rafael's employer is an evil sorceres, who threatens him with death threats, and sexual threats. In his quest he must find something to vanquish her. But every time he swears a hoard of women run to him and punch him mercilessly, that is why he is often kicked out by his girlfriends.

I'll edit the appearence in later.[/COLOR]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Raiyeesa (Real name unpronounceable in human tongue.)

[b]Age:[/b] 35

[b]Species:[/b] Shapeshifter

[b]Occupation:[/b] Bouncer/street rat (or cat. 0.o)/just?strange

[b]Appearance:[/b] [center]Humanoid[/center]
Height: 5'10"
Tends to wear short flouncy skirts and skin-tight tops, with sandals.
See attachment.

[center]Animal[/center]
Usually tranforms into cats of any sort, large or small. However, she usually only stays halfway transformed, in the shape of a centuar only with a cat's body. Very close to a sphinx. Makes her an effective bouncer.

[b]Personality Flaws:[/b] Has momentary brain lapses where she acts like a kitten and makes really bad jokes. Switches between both ends of the Cynamatic spectrum, e.i. very Cynamatic and very Un-Cynamatic.

[b]Specialty:[/b] Beating the living daylights out of people ? and sleeping with the ones with fetishes.

[b]Reason for Living:[/b] Because she doesn?t see any reason not to.

[b]In What Manner You Suffer from Story Line:[/b] Has serious lapses of judgement and ends up going home to sleep with an empathetic vampire, who ends up messing up her receptors and she finds pleasure in pain. Not only that, but every now and them she forgets to stop at half-human half-cat and turns into a full cat, half jag and half lion ? and then forgets how to turn back.

I am still debating drawing her in her half-animal state, but I changed her from a were-thing to a shapeshifter.[/size]

[COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Name: Seraim Nnmai

Species: Laguz

Appearance: [URL="http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/728/kazekx2.jpg"]Humanoid[/URL]

[B]Personality Flaws:[/B] He Tends to end sentences with the phrase “Nesu”, prone to random fits of exhaustion which end up in random fits of sleep.

[B]Specialty:[/B] Stealth combat, Seraim takes the art of it like bread and butter. People can't object to your request when you shank them in the back without being seen

[B]Reason for Living:[/B] Life has much too many things in it which Seraim has yet to experience. Be it greed or envy, Seraim strives for lives greatest pleasures.

[B]In what matter you suffer from Story line: [/B]Seraim wasn’t originally “born” with his ability to change his shape. For all he knew, it was a fluke that happened when enough adrenaline had been flowing through his body. He thinks if in another moment he could find a way to change into something else. Yet he has yet to be put in a dire situation as he was before.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Oooh, reminds me of the good old days.

[B]Name:[/B] Nagata

[B]Age:[/B] Ageless

[B]Species:[/B] Demon Ninja

[B]Occupation:[/B] Wandering Ninja for Hire.

[B]Appearance:[/B] I'll find a good pic as soon as my internet clears up and stops being a bitch. For the moment, just imagine a roughly 6'2" tall attractive twenty-something year old man with long dark hair and eyes and pale skin. Wears a lot of black to blend in with the shadows and carries a pair of the stereotypical ninjato tied to his back.

[B]Personality Flaws:[/B] Aloof, mysterious and with heaps of hidden pain trapped underneath his dignified exterior, Nagata is the epitome of a Cymantic. It is highly unadvised to use the term "emo" to describe him, as Nagata will hunt down the user and kill them in a manner most painful and ironic. Like feeding a butcher slowly to a cow.

[B]Specialty:[/B] Master of ninjutsu, you know, blending with the shadows, walking on water, and murdering people in utter silence, that kind of stuff.

[B]Reason for Living:[/B] To surpass the limits of his strength and eventually ascend to his true status as a demon ninja lord.

[B]In What Manner You Suffer from Story Line:[/B] As odd it sounds, despite being probably thousands of years old, and possessing martial prowess that Chuck Norris would give his trademark beard for, Nagata is considered quite pathetic by the other demon ninja. His skills while profound in this world are far below the average of those half his age in the spirit world of the demons. As such, Nagata was banished by his third-cousin-twice-removed's second husband, the demon king until he reached a power worthy of a demon ninja. [/SIZE]

[B]Name:[/B] Rika

[B]Age:[/B] 13

[B]Species:[/B] human werewolf

[B]Occupation:[/B] traveling assassin for hire.

[B]Appearance:[/B] Human state- Pale skin and brown hair. Blue eyes that could entrance perverts indefinitely.
Wolf state- Brown fur and those same, entrancing eyes.

[B]Personality Flaws:[/B] Incredibly impatient. She seduces men for the fun of crushing them afterward.

[B]Specialty:[/B] Seduction is what Rika does best. Quite efficient against perverts.
She also does that to find the perfect boyfriend.

[B]Reason for Living:[/B] She is princess of the werewolves, and being an only child, she is the only heir to the throne. If she were to die, the werewolf civilization would collapse. She must marry another werewolf to rule.

[B]In What Manner You Suffer from Story Line:[/B] When she needs it, she can run faster than a cheetah.

This was just too good to pass up!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well well well, look what the cat dragged in. Well, let me say this.

Good inventiveness. Great names. Great occupations. You liddle hookers you.

Problem?

TOO MANY WEREWOLVES! Dear god get your own! I counted perhaps three. Mask it any way you want, you're still a therimorph that takes the shape of wolves. There's a huge list. Get more inventive. Props to Andrew for his little trystical vampire. Continue as usual.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Well, I finally came up with a character I like, so I guess I'll sign up.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Name: Leresa Krales[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Age: Unknown[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Species: Unknown, but she appears human.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Occupation: Traveling Mercenary[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Appearance: I have not found a good picture yet. Hopefully, this description wil suffice until I can find one: Leresa is a rather tall woman, over six feet in height. She's quite an attractive woman. She's also in excellent physical shape. She has a rather tough look to her, enhanced by the scars on her arms and legs. She also has a scar on her stomach, but it's covered by her clothing, and thus is usually not seen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Personality Flaws: Leresa is generally a very cold individual, sometimes to the point that she seems completely emotionless.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Specialty: She has a high level of proficeincy in armed combat, and has fire- and air- based elemental abilities, as well as some telepathic ability. However, her apearance changes when she uses her abilities. Her eyes turn an unnatural red color. Her skin appears to harden, and lines appear in what looks like a scale pattern.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]Reason for Living: To discover what she is.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=green]In What Manner You Suffer from Story Line: Amnesia. She has no memories from more than six years ago, aside from her name. She doesn't even know what she is. People tend to assume she is human, because she looks tha way, but she does not believe this to be true.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][center]Cast List
~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]
First Team:

Neuvoxraiha as Mercenary Mreelsa Kreyemuleté
Revelation as Sorceress Nazani Yerazig
YawnBoy as Theif Rel Nerom

Second Team:

Andrew as Count Vladmir the Embarrasser
Ikillion as Lagus Seraim Nnmai
Stephanie as Bouncer Raiyeesa
Tetra of Sound as Werewolf Rika

Third Team:

Gavin as Demon Ninja Nagata
Revolver as Rafael the Demon
GuyYouMetOnline as Mercenary Leresa Krales

Other notes:
Please be aware that as serious as your signup may or may not have been, this is NOT a serious RPG. This is a tongue in cheek smarmy, snappy response to all the serious nonsense out there. I've divided us up into three teams, but in the initial fun, be aware that things will not stay this organized. I predict that we will be heading for downtown FUBAR soon enough. Oh yes, if I do not appreciate your writing, and find it peppered with the homonym errors that I detest so greatly, you may be killed on 'accident.' I consider that timely warning.

RPG up tonight. Sign ups still open for more varied peoples, as well as villains that employ Cymantics as a politics. ENJOY![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]

Second Team:

Andrew as Count Vladmir the Embarrasser
Ikillion as Lagus Seraim Nnmai
Stephanie as Bouncer Raiyeesa
Tetra of Sound as Werewolf Rika

![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yay! I'm with County! I am so happy! Why? Perverts equal wonderful amusement. As for what a lagus is, someone tell me. I only chose werewolf because I only know of dragons, vampires, and werewolves, and I don't exactly like vampires and... I'm afraid of heights. See you tomorrow(or the next time I get on)!