OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

Okay, Jeanne is back to normal now, and isn't a murderous maniac anymore - at least for a while. ;P

It seems like the final chapter of Ragnarok's story has begun. For the rest of the game, I would like if the mortal souls would finally realize just exactly where they are and what for (only Naomi is aware of that, for now). Upon discovering this, they would start to turn against the gods, and maybe even trick fate...

What do you think?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Just to clarify my most recent post, all of the mortal souls are on Earth. Jeanne wasn't transported to the same location as the others, so perhaps Treisleilai still has a few ideas on how to destroy Paraxis' game even further. Let's just say the Goddess of Sin is a sore loser, heh.

When Paraxis finds out what happens he probably won't be pleased. Throwing our characters into the "real world" should make for an interesting finale.

Oh, and didn't Marta kill her husband in Vienna? I hope the police aren't looking for her!

-Shy[/size]

I'm sorry, Shy, but I don't consent with your plot twist. At least you could've asked me about it first, since this is my RPG, and I have plans for the finale of my own...

There are several problems with your post:

First of all, Treisleilai was banished from the world, she cannot just make a comeback like that. She's not even your character, so to take control of her is a bit unfair.

Secondly, sending the souls into Earth means the end of the Ragnarok, since there aren't anyone left in the game. The Cards won't work in the mortal realm, or else the Ragnarok wouldn't have been created. Sure, Paraxis can summon the souls back into the game, but that also means this whole twist is pointless.

We can of course discuss this further, and I'd want to hear other player's opinions too, but right now I'm thinking that you went a bit too far with this twist.

Yes, I'm a sort of a control freak, sorry... *blush*

[size=1]Do whatever you want. It's your game.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] A couple of things first, actually.

[list][*]I asked Aaryanna permission to use her character in this way. She was perfectly fine with is. I was also going to use Telumas, but the post simply got too long.

[*]It's [I]assumed[/I] that Aaryanna's God was banished. It's never explicitly stated what happened to her or Telumas.

[*]They're Gods. They should be able to use whatever powers they want whenever they want. There is no reason the cards shouldn't work in the mortal realm.[/list]Perhaps I did run a bit too far with this plot twist, but at this point the game is getting rather tedious. I only hoped to do something that would hold my interest until Ragnarok's conclusion. If I have to write another post about someone getting shot with an arrow or hit by a rock I think I'm going to cry.

Otherwise, the game has been a lot of fun. I wasn't trying to ruin whatever you have planned. I can edit my post, or delete it, or whatever.[/size]

I'm confused by this idea of yours Shy. Sorry hun. But Sandy indicated that he wanted us to have the souls realize where they were and if they aren't in the Ragnarok, that just isn't possible. So I'm inclined to agree that the plot twist does not fit what we were doing. And that's my input on this. Also, I'm guessing that you didn't realize it Shy, or it's been long enough since we started that you forgot.[quote name='Sandy']Just to make things clear, the actual RPG takes place in contemporary time, but in an imaginary place created by the God of Death for the game?s purposes.[/QUOTE]Sandy made it clear from the beginning that the setting of the game would be in the Ragnarok and nowhere else. If I remember correctly, it's been the same with all of the death card rpgs, only the host can put souls elsewhere, usually at the very end of the game when only one is left.

Anyway, I'll hold off on posting until you all get this figured out or resolved.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Though I can see why you would object Sandy... the only thing I don't care for is the idea that the power cards would not work in the real world. And what's so bad about this plot twist? I thought the idea was for the souls to attempt to rebel against the Gods. Also, who says they have to be in the real world? Aaryanna's God could have attempted to put them there and failed, or someone else, which would have been me since I had an idea I was too tired to put into motion last night, could have interfered.

I was going to have Jachym totally mess up what Shy's god and Aaryanna's god were trying to do. After all, he would have an interest in not letting things slide like that. And what I was going to do was make it so they didn't leave the Ragnarok. lol Now I'm wishing I hadn't been too tired to post last night. [/COLOR]

Well even if it is confusing... if the power cards work I'm fine. And it is true that any other god could simply step in and interfere with what happened. Since unlike Aaryanna's god their powers would not be limited since they haven't been ruled out from the Ragnarok yet. In other words Sandy, I have no problem with things going either way.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Well even if it is confusing... if the power cards work I'm fine. And it is true that any other god could simply step in and interfere with what happened. Since unlike Aaryanna's god their powers would not be limited since they haven't been ruled out from the Ragnarok yet. In other words Sandy, I have no problem with things going either way.[/QUOTE][size=1]I edited my post, so everyone can carry on as if nothing happened.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I edited my post, so everyone can carry on as if nothing happened.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]So you did and I have only one thing to say... [B]boring[/B]... I'll come back to this later since this disagreement totally blew what I was planning on doing out of the water and I'm in no mood to think of something new. Because like Shy, I too was getting a bit bored with the game and I had a fantastic post in mind and now it's useless. Something I find extremely irritating at the moment. *zaps Sandy*[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][IMG]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1341/nanaowf0.gif[/IMG] All I care is that a certain character still lives when she needs to be dead! Gah! Also, I saw that post last night before I went to bed, seemed fine to me. But then why the power of the God's would not work in the real world is beyond me. If that were true... Then they wouldn't really be Gods would they?
[IMG]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2760/sigh2mu9jg6.gif[/IMG] I swear all of you are confusing me to no end. At this rate I'm going to have to earn a damn death card and kill myself off! [B]*zaps Sandy and Shy*[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Since when have I become responsible for Shy's decisions, Crystia? Honestly...

I said we can discuss about the plot twist, but I did not consent to it because of my own plans for how this game would end. But there's a few other reasons, too...

Shy, you cannot seriously say that it was only "implied" that the losing gods are banished from the world - it specifically says so in the introduction, the rules [I]and[/I] the posts where the gods lose. You brought Treisleilai back against my instructions, so of course I'm not very pleased with that...

And it's only sensical that the cards (not just power cards but all cards) only work in the Ragnarok and not the real world, since they're created for that purpose only - imagine if higher powers would really use cards to decide everything they do! XD

My biggest gripe with your twist was that you didn't ask me about it first - it's certainly such a major turn for the game that you must've known I would've had something to say about it.

But I'm glad that you edited your post, so we can move on. Honestly, it would've been quite difficult to continue from where you left the game earlier.

After everything said and done, I appreciate and admire your dedication to this game and your creativity in making it more appealing, Josh. Wouldn't want you to ever lose those. ;D

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']Since when have I become responsible for Shy's decisions, Crystia? Honestly...[/QUOTE]You haven't. :p I'm just sad I didn't get to put my twist to what Shy did in motion. So I found it irritating since I was looking forward to it. As for the zap... that's just for fun. Also, I'm long since over being annoyed and I'll be back with a post later on. [/COLOR]

[size=1]I think that's going to be my last post for a while. I simply can't come up with any new ways to hurt the characters. Hopefully another player can spice things a bit (or at least kill off the remaning characters and finish this thing.)

Hm.

-Shy[/size]

Although all of you have already worked this out I will address this part since I don't agree.[quote name='Sandy']But I'm glad that you edited your post, so we can move on. Honestly, it would've been quite difficult to continue from where you left the game earlier.[/QUOTE]Rubbish! Upon thinking on it, it would have been a simple matter to interfere as a different god and reverse what Shy's god had done, leaving it open to Paraxis to declare that further interference would result in the offending god being evicted from the game. In other words, it could have been very dramatic and involved the gods a lot more. So if you think it would have been difficult to continue, you are mistaken or you don't have much faith in our ability to be creative. I assure you when given the chance we can be very creative. ;)

More importantly though. There are only four souls and five gods, so someone at this point should be out of the game unless something is played to keep them in. I wonder just who is out this time?

I just love drama when I have no clue what happened. XP Or rather I didn't see the original post so I'm not completely clear on what happened. So obviously I'm fine with how things were decided since I didn't really see otherwise. [quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']More importantly though. There are only four souls and five gods, so someone at this point should be out of the game unless something is played to keep them in. I wonder just who is out this time?[/QUOTE]Yeah, now that I've read Shy's post... I'm wondering the same thing. Someone is out of the game unless they already have a card that will let them continue.

Great posts, lately! ;D

And Charlotte has gotten quite a colorful collection of cards to her person. XP

Anyway, since it seems people are having trouble in getting Death Points, I'll give you another hint about the actions that merit them:

Besides actions relating to different forms of sex, you can get Death Points from actions relating to the [B]Seven Deadly Sins[/B]. Some of those have already been used up (like Wrath), but there are still quite many left. ;D

I also need to say this one thing about the ending:

[B]When there's only one mortal soul left, the game comes to a full stop.[/B] After the second to last character has been killed, no more cards can be used anymore, and no one can post unless I give a permission to.

So you better use every card you've got before that happens. This is only to prevent the game going on forever. Once there's only one soul left, the winner is clear and the game ends (with a few ending posts from myself and the winner, of course).

Hope everyone's okay with this.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sorry that took so long. I was understandably distracted by the holiday. :catgirl: Which by the way was just fantastic this year. I had so much fun this weekend. Anyway, the rest of you need to post! *starts poking everyone!* [[SIZE="1"]except for Rach who was stuck waiting on someone else to post[/SIZE]][/FONT][/COLOR]

What a fun card you played Beth. ;) That will shake things up quite a bit. I'm betting that there are even more cards just waiting to be played though. Should be interesting to see. And now that the holiday is over... I'll be back later today with a post. :catgirl:

[B]EDIT: [/B]Or not since I got sidetracked by other things, so I'll have to come back to this tomorrow.

There has been another change in the rules: from now on cards will be given when you reach [B]4 Death Points[/B]. I think this will bring us back to speed, and finally reach conclusion to this game. ;D

You guys know me, I hate to leave my games unfinished, and in this case we're so close to the end that I will not give up. There [I]shall[/I] be only one god!

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']There has been another change in the rules: from now on cards will be given when you reach [B]4 Death Points[/B]. I think this will bring us back to speed, and finally reach conclusion to this game. ;D

You guys know me, I hate to leave my games unfinished, and in this case we're so close to the end that I will not give up. There [I]shall[/I] be only one god![/QUOTE]Well I wasn't going to quit, but that will help get us to the end of this. :p So I'm all for it. Now I just need to earn two points instead of five. A much more obtainable goal in my opinion and though I thought I needed to go somewhere, I just realized that I don't so I'm going to go and see if I can't earn those two points I would need. In other words, since I like being invisible, I'm posting. I'll edit this when I'm done, though you'll know when you see the post go up.

[B]EDIT: [/B]Meh, I'm not sure if that will earn any points or not, but I wanted to show just how passion and madness do not mix very well. :p That's the problem with the point system now. It's becoming redundant in the sense that I want to post and make things happen regardless of whether or not it will earn anything. lol[/COLOR]

Due to the faster pace we're seemingly going to have until this ends, I have made another adjustment to the rules:

From this point forward, anyone who has lost all their souls will have [B]only one post[/B] to try and earn their way back into the game.

Now I think we will soon either see some comebacks and creations, or gods falling from their heavenly thrones... ;D

I'm glad to also announce that there will be a [B]special reward[/B] for the winner of this game, compliments by myself. ;D You'll all see it when this thing is over.

[quote name='Sandy']There has been another change in the rules: from now on cards will be given when you reach [B]4 Death Points[/B]. I think this will bring us back to speed, and finally reach conclusion to this game. ;D[/QUOTE]Though it's nice you are trying to make it easier, it makes little difference since attempting to figure out how to earn the points still eludes me. Even though the life points were hard, they at least made sense to me. lol Where the death points... I just cringe at writing stuff like that. Oh well, I guess in a short time we shall see just who finally wins this game. And who knows! I just might get lucky and manage to actually earn a death card or something just once! ;)