OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

I'll admit, I don't really care for the idea that the points cancel each other out. If only because it forces a player to only be negative or only be positive in a post and thus in a small way limits the manner in which we can write. However, At the same time I haven't done this long enough to know if it's going to be a problem or not. So I guess I'll wait and see how things go.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']I'll admit, I don't really care for the idea that the points cancel each other out. If only because it forces a player to only be negative or only be positive in a post and thus in a small way limits the manner in which we can write. However, At the same time I haven't done this long enough to know if it's going to be a problem or not. So I guess I'll wait and see how things go.[/QUOTE]

But you can change strategies as soon as you get a card, Kathy. It doesn't mean you have to choose a style of play and stick with it for the whole game.

Besides, like I said before, getting 7 of either points doesn't necessarily merit you with a Death/Life Card. I've got a few surprises thrown into the mix. ;D

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Darren'] I really doubt that I was able to do five "life actions" in one post... This sucks![/QUOTE]Oh I don't know, I mean... Kathy got six life points in her first post! o_O I'm gonna have to be more careful or I'll never win! But still six? :o I've got my work cut out for me!

Still it does make things more interesting or rather harder as Kathy said, I'm too use to not worrying about positive and negative actions canceling each other out. So it's taking a bit to get use to it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Did Aaryanna do like BKstyles did before he pulled out? Earn good and bad points? Because she doesn't have any at all. [/QUOTE]Hehe! Not at all! I got seven death points in my first post! [IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6427/thcoolrr3.gif[/IMG] So naturally it's zero since I was awarded a card. Now I just have to decide how to use it or rather who to [spoiler]kill![/spoiler]

Well once I finish with Silver One that is. I want to do my post for that first. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Indifference is on a roll. Three actions were used up in her post:

- [B]Lusting after someone[/B] (2 Death Points) by indifference, Rachmaninoff, indifference
- [B]Kicking something or someone[/B] (1 Death Point) by Aaryanna, Rachmaninoff, indifference
- [B]Tripping someone[/B] (1 Death Point) by SunfallE, Shy, indifference

Mind you that I use a broad perspective when defining the actions, that's why any sort of "knocking someone down" was considered tripping. This goes for some other type of actions too. ;D

Aaryanna got it in one post? >_< And since Crystia's points are zero and you say she's on a roll, that means that totally sick post probably got her another seven points. XP Man, and I thought your other posts were mean. ;_ ; You weren't kidding when you told me earlier today that your post was going to be sick. *pokes Crystia* I feel sorry for whoever Christopher belongs to. Blech!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]o_O Crystia... You have officially outdone yourself compared to the Maze, as well as creeping me out completely. Man... That was sick! >_<

At this rate I'm going to end up dead, first Aaryanna gets seven in one post, and then Crystia kills with her first death card and gets seven points again in the very same post? XP Yup I am so dead. lol

Especially since I just got really busy over at theOtaku recently so I have more moderation work at the moment. Still... I refuse to give up! >_> As soon as I manage to get the idea I have running in my mind going. After all, I have one pathetic death point to call my own. I only need six more! *dies*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mwahahahaha! And yet another one bites the dust! :catgirl: I just love the powers bit, since it's so easy to have fun with how they would actually manifest. The moment I saw that you added Jachym's power to Treisleilai's Crystia, I got the idea to have it show up and cause havoc while Christopher was sleeping.

Now I just hope that post earned me some more death points while I was at it. Though I suppose the actual death part won't count. The bit where Ira was crushed by the column that is. Anyway... That was fun! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Good to see the game in full speed. ;D There are some actions that have been used up, including the first positive actions:

- [B]Going a separate way from others[/B] (2 Death Points) by indifference, Rachmaninoff, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Kissing someone tenderly[/B] (2 Life Points) by Darren, Shy, Shy
- [B]Helping up someone who has fallen down[/B] (1 Life Point) by Darren, SunfallE, Aaryanna_Mom

Good going, people! ;D I'm loving this!

I'm glad you're loving it. o_O Since I'm a little brain dead on thinking of different negative actions as well as positive. But then this past week was horribly busy and since I have no school next week what with Fall Break coming up, I'll probably be less brain dead after I get some R & R in. I just hope I at least managed to earn one death point with that post. I really want another card. lol

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Just so you know Sandy... I'm not quitting, but I am recovering from catching a nasty bug. Until the medicine the doctor gave me really has a chance to work... I'm afraid I'm just staring at the screen and going blank as far as ideas go. :animesigh Just thought you'd like to know since I probably won't post for at least another day or two. All I want to do is sleep, I'm just tired all the time since I started feeling bad on Friday. >_<[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Just so you know Sandy... I'm not quitting, but I am recovering from catching a nasty bug. Until the medicine the doctor gave me really has a chance to work... I'm afraid I'm just staring at the screen and going blank as far as ideas go. :animesigh Just thought you'd like to know since I probably won't post for at least another day or two. All I want to do is sleep, I'm just tired all the time since I started feeling bad on Friday. >_<[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

As it would happen, I'm sick as well. We went to a short camping trip yesterday with a group of friends, and this morning I got what seemed to be a carbon-monoxide poisoning from the camp fire. I just got this tremendous headache (which still isn't letting go), and I started throwing up and feeling all weak. I was lucky enough to get a carride out of there, since we went there by bikes (the site was 20 kilometers from here).

Well, after resting the day, I'm feeling better now, but still somewhat under the weather, feeling queasy. I'll go count if the new posts have merited any points to you guys now.

Hope you get better soon, Beth!

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I hope both of you feel better soon. I only wish I had the whole week off like Rach and Crystia do. My Fall Break only includes next Thursday, Friday and the following Monday. Though if you consider the fact that with the weekend it equals five days in a row, I suppose that's not too bad. Heh. Still You guys get nine days off, lucky!

Anyway, now that I'm done undoing some of the nice stuff you guys have done to make the characters positive I'm off! :p Once someone else has posted I'll be sure to sail in there and be mean again! o_O Though I think Crystia is better at it than I am. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]My goodness this RPG is getting dark! Maybe it's just me trying to earn some life points, but you kids are out of control.

I'll definitely have to watch my back with all of the death points everyone seems to be earning.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]My goodness this RPG is getting dark! Maybe it's just me trying to earn some life points, but you kids are out of control.

I'll definitely have to watch my back with all of the death points everyone seems to be earning.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:[/QUOTE]It's just you. :p That and in order to weed out the competition one has no choice but to consistently be mean. lol It's hard enough to counter all the nice things those of you who are going after life points are doing. Let alone making the story more coherent in the process. XP

It's easier to be nice when you know you're getting a death card with each chapter, but now? It's time for me to run off and as Aaryanna put it, undo some of the nice stuff you guys have the characters doing. Though this time, I think you'll like what I have in mind. ;)

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']It's just you. :p That and in order to weed out the competition one has no choice but to consistently be mean. lol It's hard enough to counter all the nice things those of you who are going after life points are doing. Let alone making the story more coherent in the process. XP [/QUOTE][size=1]That's very true, although I think everyone is getting some good character bits in each of their posts. I must admit that the marble city is getting a little dull for me, though. I hope nobody minds if I burn it down in my next post (or something.) Does anyone have any ideas for a new location we can torture our characters in?[/size][quote name='Rachmaninoffington']OOC: In other words the owner of el sicko dude had better cure him in the next three posts. Even if Christopher is not in the posts in question or even mentioned, once three posts have gone up after this one, he dies.[/quote][size=1]I was curious if you could clarify how this healing is done, Sandy. Does it require a life card, a healing power (like Jamie's) or can it be accomplished through simple RP-ing?

That's not to say I have any intentions of helping out Christopher. I kinda hope the bastard dies.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy;793243][size=1]That's very true, although I think everyone is getting some good character bits in each of their posts. I must admit that the marble city is getting a little dull for me, though. I hope nobody minds if I burn it down in my next post (or something.) Does anyone have any ideas for a new location we can torture our characters in?[/size][/QUOTE]I guess it's because you haven't been in the previous games, but you can do anything you want to the city, torch it, have it suddenly morph into a maze with traps, or even turn into an abandoned mall. You certainly don't have to stick with what the rest of us have been doing. That's what makes these death card series fun, short of killing, unless you have a card, you can do whatever you want.[QUOTE=Shy'][size=1]I was curious if you could clarify how this healing is done, Sandy. Does it require a life card, a healing power (like Jamie's) or can it be accomplished through simple RP-ing?

That's not to say I have any intentions of helping out Christopher. I kinda hope the bastard dies.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]No card is needed, the owner of Christopher could simply post with him finding medical supplies with an antidote for general poisoning. In other words, it will force them to reveal that Christopher is their character since other than the owner, who would heal that sick bastard? lol I had to use the poison since that's what I got instead of a death card. Otherwise, he [I]would[/I] be dead.

As for the healing, I already asked Sandy about it before I posted. Even you could post and have him find an antidote Shy. Even I could, though since I poisoned him I have no plans on it. :p

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No fair! I had a ton of homework that the teachers decided to give us since fall break is coming up. And I was determined to not end up with enough work to keep me from enjoying my days off! XP I spent the last six hours getting most of it finished since I just know those guys are going to give me more tomorrow and Wednesday.

Which means, I don't have time for a post to ensure that el sicko dude dies. *pouts* If I'm lucky... I'll sign back in after school tomorrow to find us all in a new place along with Christopher dead! Mwahahahahahaha! :catgirl:

In the mean time... Oh my poor tired brain. lol

Oh yeah... I love your new banner and avatar Rach! I've only played it a little bit but I love the Lunar Games! ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sorry for such a long post Sandy. XP I'm making up for lost time since I was gone from being sick. Also, I deliberately left it open as to where everyone is after that brilliant flash of light. So whoever posts next gets to make up the environment. Go wild! :p

Oh and Aaryanna is right Rach, that new avatar and banner set looks great! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]And it looks like the owner of 'el sicko' has come forward. What with Beth healing the bastard in her post and all. lol Oh I just love those poison cards, they're so wonderfully evil. And unless I'm mistaken, didn't this happen to you last time Beth? Since Sandy switched the souls into different bodies so your character ended up poisoned instead of his in the Panopticon?

Oh that's just too funny that you got nailed by the poison trap again! I mean, what are the odds of that happening? Hehe. And knowing that... that just makes my choice of what [spoiler]or should I say who [/spoiler] to use [I]my[/I] card on with my next post all the more interesting. Get working on those life points girl! I'm thinking that you are going to need them, and soon, very soon. :p[/COLOR]

So Cristopher was saved before I even had time to put the Poison Card next to his image in the profiles. ;P Anyway, over the course of the last few posts, some more actions were used up, and here they are:

- [B]Telling the truth about own past aloud[/B] (1 Life Point) by Shy, Shy, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Choking someone[/B] (3 Death Points) by Aaryanna, Rachmaninoff, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Comforting someone[/B] (1 Life Point) by Aaryanna_Mom, Shy, SunfallE

So now you can for example choke people all you want, but you wont get any points from it. ;P

Meanwhile, the death toll is still at four, so care to try and do something about that?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']Meanwhile, the death toll is still at four, so care to try and do something about that?[/QUOTE]Sandy... I can't even manage to get a card let alone kill anyone! :animesigh I'm the only one who hasn't managed to get a card either way. Honestly, it's a little depressing. I gain points and then lose them due to the [I]one cancels out the other[/I] deal, and I seem to suck at guessing the right actions that would even earn points. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']Meanwhile, the death toll is still at four, so care to try and do something about that?[/QUOTE]Well you do have four people going for life points and only three aiming for Death. So how about I up the stakes a little? I have a hunch about why SunfallE healed Christopher so I'm going to find out on that. Hehe. Which means I am posting and I'd like to ask everyone to steer clear since what I am doing will affect every single character. And thus I do not intend to post pictures since it would be pointless in my opinion.

Anyway, once I am done, since I'm being annoyingly invisible, I'll come back and edit this post to that effect so you'll know. And Shy, just so you know, I will not be forming the surroundings, so that will still be up in the air as to just what the new area looks like. You'll understand once you read my post. Anyway... Time to finish it. Hehe.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And it's up. As Beth said... Go wild with what the new area is like. All of them are together, but I've got them not trusting each other at the moment. Heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hehe, and el sicko is down for the count! Mwahahahahahahahaha! :catgirl: Anyway, other than to have the people semi separated and those three in the same room before the fight, who knows what happened to the others? I figured it be more fun if I left it up to everyone else to put them in whatever setting they want. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']Meanwhile, the death toll is still at four, so care to try and do something about that?[/QUOTE]Okay, so I did. Yet another one is dead. And since everyone was required to have one female character and one male character... I choose to kill off a guy so that's enough for three sets of characters, or rather enough that potentially, three people here could already be out of the game! :o

Provided two of those souls weren't the one's you tossed into the mix Sandy. Though I suppose it could be a case of nearly everyone being down to just one character left. Still I'm betting that at least one person is without any living characters. So I'm of the opinion that either some life cards or creation cards are going to be played and soon.

Pity that post won't likely earn me any points though. It's becoming more difficult to write posts and actually have negative actions in them without writing a post that would be totally stupid in my opinion. So if I got none... at least someone is dead.