OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]You're all hopeless. lol Especially you Allamorph, hiding in the shadows of the pm system. Well attempting to but I don't accept that which is why I'm mentioning you here. :p You guys seem to have worked it out already so I guess that's all that matters. Personally I rather like that spat among the gods myself, the bit that Crystia did in her post when she neatly tied everything together. :catgirl:

Also, considering your title Sandy, you should be loving this! The more drama the better! After all it wouldn't be a death card rpg if there wasn't some form of drama going on. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I find the whole thing a bit funny now that it's over. To read the main thread, you wouldn't even know that there was a question as to what was going on since it all fits together nicely. And now that it has been done, I like having the intro of the new character instead of instantly going into what Paraxis did to the poor woman. It makes the story flow better in my opinion. Also... Please tell me that you're adding more things for earning points, if I'm left only to stuff that starts with s and ends with an x. I won't be earning a single point here since nice or not, there won't be any of that in my posts period. Even if that means I lose the game.

[quote name='Sandy']<3 Go Backstage Drama! <3[/QUOTE]Well I think we need more front stage drama as well, hence my post. Now the real question is if getting rid of the Kaijin really will do as Celesta is thinking, that it will restore the balance in the Ragnarok. Regardless, I thought it would be interesting to make her a bit more involved this time around when bestowing her power. :p

It's not a set plot point, but one that can be explored, though whether or not it goes beyond Naomi not trusting the Kaijin, to her warning the others and attempting to destroy the Kaijin is up to the rest of you.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Also... Please tell me that you're adding more things for earning points, if I'm left only to stuff that starts with s and ends with an x. I won't be earning a single point here since nice or not, there won't be any of that in my posts period. Even if that means I lose the game.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, there are still plenty of other things you can get points from, it's just that making the characters have sex will give one a lot of points, so it's beneficial for those players who are ready to cross that border.

By all means it's not required to participate, or even win, this game.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Okay, if it's not obvious, when Ash was dying my Goddess took her power and transfered it to Jeanne. I looked through the rules and I didn't see anything that said you couldn't do that in the same post as a death card. Though if I missed it let me know. Otherwise, I was thinking that doing that was okay. XP

[B]EDIT:[/B] And before I forget...[quote name='Sandy']You can use your own logical skills in determing what kind of sex gives you Death Points and what kind of sex will earn you Life Points. Simple as that. ;P[/QUOTE]Did you forget that I'm 15? I am not well versed in what would be considered 'good sex' vs 'bad sex' other than the more obvious rape vs consensual. Like my mom, I think I am going to end up losing the game since I will not be gaining points in this manner. :animesigh[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]So if you read my post you'll see that I played around with time/space a little bit, and introduced a new NPC. I figure it will be an extension of Charlotte, so killing one will kill the other. Beyond that, I don't have a lot to say. I only hope to earn some life points for all of the sex in that post, Sandy! I hope that counts as sex because I'm not writing anything much more graphic than that.

Here is the list of actions that no longer award points, for the record:[/size]

[b]- Asking for forgiveness (2 Life Points
- Wishing someone’s death (3 Death Points)
- Sharing valuable information (2 Life Points)
- Threatening someone (2 Death Points)
- Getting depressed (1 Death Point)
- Praying to higher powers (1 Life Point)
- Finding food (2 Life Points)
- Saying “Thank you” with intention (1 Life Points)
- Rescuing someone from a trap (3 Life Points)
- Wanting to stick together (1 Life Point)
- Accusing someone falsely (2 Death Points)
- Telling the truth about own past aloud (1 Life Point)
- Choking someone (3 Death Points)
- Comforting someone (1 Life Point)
- Going a separate way from others (2 Death Points)
- Kissing someone tenderly (2 Life Points)
- Helping up someone who has fallen down (1 Life Point)
- Lusting after someone (2 Death Points)
- Kicking something or someone (1 Death Point)
- Tripping someone (1 Death Point)
- Calling someone names (2 Death Point)
- Shouting angrily at someone (1 Death Point)
- Hitting someone on purpose (2 Death Points)
- Swearing aloud (1 Death Point)[/b]

[size=1]-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I figure it will be an extension of Charlotte, so killing one will kill the other.[/size][/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I will have to say no. Now that the baby is born, it is separate from Charlotte, and can be killed without any harm to her (and vice versa).

But that doesn't take away the fact that the baby has the power to reverse the Ragnarok. Just not yet. ;P

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Ugh... I'm breaking that group up. This is confusing me since the times don't match up as far as how long has passed for the souls. Or I'm just missing it when I read that post Shy. Beyond your initial statement that you played with it that is. And I've got too much going on at the moment to sort that out. Anyway, I'll have something up shortly since I'm working on it right now. I have no intention of really weaving how some of the characters ended up away from the Kaijin, I just intend to do it. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']Well, I think Shy's idea was that if the Ragnarok can bend space, it can just as well bend time. ;D Which I concur.[/QUOTE]Don't misunderstand me, I'm not objecting, I'm saying that it's kind of annoying since it requires reading things more carefully to keep up. Mind you, if I didn't just get handed more moderation work for the next couple of days it wouldn't matter. But getting more busy doesn't help things. lol

Anyway I have posted, and for the record Sandy, I've abandoned the point system, it's too damn annoying. I intend to post for fun from now on, otherwise, I'd quit. Because I have no patience for it anymore. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Heh, sorry Beth but you simply cannot "abandon" the point system - it's automatic. ;P You can surely ignore it, and you have every right to do so. This game is meant to be played for the fun of it, not so much for victory, so people shouldn't take too much pressure from the points.

Which I've said about a million times already. XP But in any case, it's your choice.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]You're missed my point Sandy... That's my polite way of telling the other players that I only intend to post until my character is dead. I have completely lost interest in this game because I find the point system annoying as hell. Honestly, I am posting for the other players and that's it.

Don't keep telling us or falling back on the stance of[I] I've told you that you can ignore the point system[/I], because to be frank that's complete and utter BS. The point system is essential for playing the game because otherwise you can't win and if the others can't gain points or finally put an end to my character, after a certain time frame I will quit. Because at that point this will just cycle endlessly and this quit being fun a long time ago, so I've no interest in that.

I am sorry, but I will not pretend to be happy when I am far from it. I join RPG's to have fun and for more than half of this experience... I have not had fun at all. :animedepr That is also my way of saying to anyone else who is thinking of doing another death card rpg... I will not join one that uses the point system again. And I hate to say it, but this one is really burning me out on the concept since it's been such a drag as a result. [/FONT][/COLOR]

But this is quite absurd - it's not as if you haven't gotten any cards during the course of the game. Also, the game hasn't dragged on no longer than the other Death Card games, it's just your feeling when you see that you only get one point from your post.

If there weren't any points to be dealt, you wouldn't be complaining about "posting in vain", really. So it's all about [I]your[/I] attitude and how [I]you[/I] see it, and I'm a bit offended that you're blaming me for your [I]own[/I] feelings.

I tried to incorporate something new to OB RPGs, and although I admit it has proven to be less pleasant for players than intended, it has managed to keep players posting because they have something to post [I]for[/I].

I went as far as to give everyone a free Death Card (passing it as a faux lottery), and I've thought about other twists to the system (like doubling the points given from negative actions and removing Life Points altogether) when the soul count has reached certain level, but when everybody are just complaining and whining, it doesn't really make me want to bother.

Just listen to yourself, Beth! This is a game meant for a fun pass-of-time, and you're making this sound like I'm deliberately stealing your time and effort - just because there are some rather insignificant points that you have chosen to hate with guts. There's nothing in the point system that prevents you to enjoy the game just like any other RPG, but only if you change your attitude about it.

And now that I have vented what I have to say, it's your turn to respond. Just remember that nothing I say here doesn't change my high respect for you, it's just your attitude towards this game that irks me.

Anyway, if most of the players want it, we can remove the points altogether and move to a "everybody gets a death card, souls get killed, then the survivors get another batch of death cards, rinse and repeat", but I thought that was done to death already in the previous parts. But please, if you'd rather have that system, then do say so.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy;796601]But this is quite absurd - it's not as if you haven't gotten any cards during the course of the game. Also, the game hasn't dragged on no longer than the other Death Card games, it's just your feeling when you see that you only get one point from your post.[/QUOTE]You've missed the point here, I'm finding the format frustrating, nothing more. Whether or not I've gotten any cards is irrelevant. [quote name='Sandy;796601]If there weren't any points to be dealt, you wouldn't be complaining about "posting in vain", really. So it's all about [I]your[/I] attitude and how [I]you[/I] see it, and I'm a bit offended that you're blaming me for your [I]own[/I] feelings. [/QUOTE]I'm irked that you're assuming that I'm blaming you here. I'm saying don't keep coming back and telling us the points don't matter when they are the very core of how this game works. It irks me that instead of trying to see if I have a valid concern you're chalking it up to an attitude problem with me. [QUOTE=Sandy;796601]I tried to incorporate something new to OB RPGs, and although I admit it has proven to be less pleasant for players than intended, it has managed to keep players posting because they have something to post [I]for[/I].[/QUOTE]I'm not faulting your attempt to try something new, that's not the point either.[QUOTE=Sandy;796601]I went as far as to give everyone a free Death Card (passing it as a faux lottery), and I've thought about other twists to the system (like doubling the points given from negative actions and removing Life Points altogether) when the soul count has reached certain level, but when everybody are just complaining and whining, it doesn't really make me want to bother.[/QUOTE]Well having you come back and lecture me about having a poor attitude just makes me want to not bother as well. I don't know how to tell you that I'm frustrated without sounding like I'm whining because criticism, no matter how nicely it's put, it is whining, you can't get around that fact, you have to complain to get change. [QUOTE=Sandy;796601']Just listen to yourself, Beth! This is a game meant for a fun pass-of-time, and you're making this sound like I'm deliberately stealing your time and effort - just because there are some rather insignificant points that you have chosen to hate with guts. There's nothing in the point system that prevents you to enjoy the game just like any other RPG, but only if you change your attitude about it.[/quote]Just listen to yourself Sandy! Getting mad at your players because they don't see things the same way! I'm not accusing you of anything I'm just trying to say that it is a drag. I DO find it frustrating. Does it mean the game is bad? No it means that for me it has turned out to be an experience that annoys the hell out of me. Not everyone likes this kind of game, I thought I would but that hasn't been the case. I really dislike how you think my frustrations are insignificant instead of attempting to see how they would be frustrating or annoying. Stop telling me to change my attitude if you aren't going to even attempt to see it from my view. Put yourself in your players shoes and think about it. [QUOTE=Sandy']And now that I have vented what I have to say, it's your turn to respond. Just remember that nothing I say here doesn't change my high respect for you, it's just your attitude towards this game that irks me.

Anyway, if most of the players want it, we can remove the points altogether and move to a "everybody gets a death card, souls get killed, then the survivors get another batch of death cards, rinse and repeat", but I thought that was done to death already in the previous parts. But please, if you'd rather have that system, then do say so.[/QUOTE]Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean here, but I've wanted to quit for nearly two weeks now. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has found the whole thing frustrating. It has nothing to do with the time and effort you put into it or whether or not you were creative. You create an rpg or a game and even though it looks like fun, it's no guarantee that it actually will be. So please, stop taking it personal. It has nothing to do with you at all.

I'm sure you've run into this with other games, you love part of it but another spoils the fun. Like getting an rpg and hating the battle system, the players are fun, but that annoying battle system keeps you from ever playing it again. It's the same here, I love the concept of the Gods, I like the interaction between them and the power cards, I even like the point system up to a degree. The biggest offender and I'm sure others will agree is the damn stupid cancellation effect rule, because it forces you to attempt to be 'consistent' in your style only that has turned out to be difficult to do for all of us.

Yes I'm whining, but like I said before, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not frustrated. If this were an rpg game that I had bought, I would have simply taken it out of the machine, put it in it's box and stuffed it on the shelf and never played it again. But since that is not the case I'm here venting instead of simply walking away and doing nothing.

:animesigh It's not absurd and that really bothers me that you would think that. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was blaming you because that's not the case. But I sure as hell am not going to plaster a fake smile on my face and say I'm having a good time when I'm not. It's criticism towards the game Sandy, not you. And it certainly is not an attitude problem, if I don't like something I don't. On some level that's unavoidable no matter what the game is. Since everyone likes different styles of playing. I just think that this style is turning out to be one that I don't like. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm sorry for accusing you of an attitude problem, but I just don't see how you [I]can't[/I] ignore the points. The fact is that one can theoretically win this game without ever acquiring a single card - it's all about protecting your own characters and make them appealing to the other players, and let them kill of each others characters instead of your own.

But if what you say is true - that the point system (or rather, the cancellation effect) is really preventing you from enjoying the game - then what do you suggest? It's not too late to change the point system, or get rid of it altogether, but that would result in that the players can no longer affect the type of cards they get themselves.

Are people willing to give that up for a straightforward killing spree where luck dictates who will win? I'm up to either choice.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']I'm sorry for accusing you of an attitude problem, but I just don't see how you [I]can't[/I] ignore the points. The fact is that one can theoretically win this game without ever acquiring a single card - it's all about protecting your own characters and make them appealing to the other players, and let them kill of each others characters instead of your own.

But if what you say is true - that the point system (or rather, the cancellation effect) is really preventing you from enjoying the game - then what do you suggest? It's not too late to change the point system, or get rid of it altogether, but that would result in that the players can no longer affect the type of cards they get themselves.

Are people willing to give that up for a straightforward killing spree where luck dictates who will win? I'm up to either choice.[/QUOTE]Well I'll say it again, I'm sorry if I came across as blaming you when that's not how I feel at all. Also, I don't think we need to change it at this point, but what I will do is take a small break from it. :animesigh Honestly, I think it's just me, I really dislike racing games so I think this style just doesn't appeal all that much to me. I also think that's part of the problem since I keep trying to have fun and getting frustrated and then of course that makes me even more annoyed. So I can't win! lol

Anyway, no don't change it, now that I've gotten that out of my system I do feel better. Though I really am going to just post for fun. :p My last post was enjoyable since I posted what I wanted instead of thinking about life or death points. I just posted. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm in favor of keeping things as they are. The point thing is annoying at times, but only when it's the cancellation effect. But then I'm greedy, I don't like losing a point after earning it. :p If I were to change anything, I'd get rid of the that aspect. Beyond that I'm fine with how things are since I like being mean and leaving positive things out of my post. Though I've managed to mess up in that regards just the same. Heh. [/COLOR]

I'm not going to change the cancellation effect, because the Life Points are soon done for anyway. Very soon, I might add. ;P

After that happens, if you don't already have a Life/Creation Card in stock when you lose all of your characters, you will be out of the game instantly.

[quote name='Sandy']I'm not going to change the cancellation effect, because the Life Points are soon done for anyway. Very soon, I might add. ;P

After that happens, if you don't already have a Life/Creation Card in stock when you lose all of your characters, you will be out of the game instantly.[/QUOTE][size=1]Just when I think it's safe to go for Death Points you throw this curveball at me! Ack!

-Shy[/size]

Meh, what Crystia said since I'm too lazy to type it up myself. Also, I do have a question for you. Is Charlotte's baby an NPC? Or do we need a death card to kill the kid off? I'm assuming it's an NPC since it's not an original soul in the game so whoever owns Charlotte can't win if the baby lives. Also, if it's considered an NPC and you'd rather we leave the kid alone for the current plot point going on, I'd like to know that too so I don't clobber the kid and annoy you in the process. :p

The baby does not belong to anyone, so he is an NPC, but only so far. [I]Anyone[/I] can claim him by using a Creation Card, which will make him a toy of the Gods as well. ;D

But until/unless that happens, he's free to be killed off. Doing that will ruin the Kaijin's/Illyria's plot (not sure which one is the mastermind anymore), but letting him live could seriously alter the Ragnarok and it's outcome (maybe even to the extent of letting several gods win the game, which would mean that the misery in the mortal world would continue).

The ball is thrown to you guys now. ;D

Actually I think the plot point is fun. So as long as the baby is an NPC, I'm fine with the kid being around. Besides, I'd rather kill off someone else. All I need is one more point and I'll be set! Provided that I actually get a death card instead of something else. As much fun as the poison was, I'd rather not get another one. XP

Hmmm... since we are close to the end... I'm going to stay out of this.

Now if it's not obvious, just as Shy toyed with time, so have I. Charlotte, Ian and Marta were in my opinion in a separate time stream. By walking thought the lattice arch, Marta and Baby Kenneth ended up back in the time stream that the others are in. I hope that was not too confusing. ;) Now I just hope I earned just one life point!

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Hmmm... since we are close to the end... I'm going to stay out of this.

Now if it's not obvious, just as Shy toyed with time, so have I. Charlotte, Ian and Marta were in my opinion in a separate time stream. By walking thought the lattice arch, Marta and Baby Kenneth ended up back in the time stream that the others are in. I hope that was not too confusing. ;) Now I just hope I earned just one life point![/QUOTE][size=1]It made perfect sense to me. Marta and Naomi protecting the baby sounds like a lot of fun to write, actually. Good job.

Nothing much else to say here. I definitely didn't misread a card and have to change my strategy entirely!

-Shy[/size]