OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Feh! Then Paraxis should not have said this:

"They will wake up separated from each other, finding themselves in a room from their memories. What lies beyond that room, no-one can foretell."

Everyone has them in a room from their memories, you didn't say nothing else would be going on. I got the impression that the moment they left that room of 'memories' was when they would be entering The Ragnarok, like how Rach did it with the guy who worked at the bar. He was confronted by Celesta as he went from the last memory he had into the Ragnarok. *pokes Sandy*

That's how I've been writing my posts as well. Naomi was reliving her last memory before she was taken and that room she was in was at work where she was confronted by her ex boyfriend. The moment she ran out the doors, she ran into the Ragnarok. :p At least that is how my reasoning is going. I can't say with Matt since he did not end his post in that manner. *pokes Matt as well*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]It is implied that Ian would be transported once thrown into a jail cell *sticks tongue out at Crystia and pokes her*. I figured we were writing about how they got to the ragnarok, so I figured it wasn't necessary to spell out where they were once the post ended since it's rather obvious.[/FONT]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Feh! Then Paraxis should not have said this:

"They will wake up separated from each other, finding themselves in a room from their memories. What lies beyond that room, no-one can foretell."

Everyone has them in a room from their memories, you didn't say nothing else would be going on. I got the impression that the moment they left that room of 'memories' was when they would be entering The Ragnarok, like how Rach did it with the guy who worked at the bar. He was confronted by Celesta as he went from the last memory he had into the Ragnarok. *pokes Sandy*

That's how I've been writing my posts as well. Naomi was reliving her last memory before she was taken and that room she was in was at work where she was confronted by her ex boyfriend. The moment she ran out the doors, she ran into the Ragnarok. :p At least that is how my reasoning is going. I can't say with Matt since he did not end his post in that manner. *pokes Matt as well*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I understand it might have been confusing, but I also made the gods see the 16 souls asleep in a void before Paraxis said the words. I thought everybody would understand that the characters would start out at the Ragnarok (and that the rooms would be part of it, like in both of my posts).

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just hope that from now on people would write about the characters' misadventures at the Ragnarok instead of their old lives. ;D

And 2007DigitalBoy, I'm very glad to see you finally joined us. I was fearing you had given up before the game had even properly started... ;P

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='BKstyles;792236][FONT="Tahoma"]*sticks tongue out at Crystia and pokes her*. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Grabs Matt and... [spoiler]Like I would actually tell you! LOL[/spoiler][quote name='Sandy'']Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just hope that from now on people would write about the characters' misadventures at the Ragnarok instead of their old lives. ;D[/quote]That's exactly what I intend to do, everyone who has been posted about so far is in my opinion, in the Ragnarok, and that's how I intend to post about them. ;)[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR=Indigo]Grabs Matt and... [spoiler]Like I would actually tell you! LOL[/spoiler][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Oh, it's like that eh? Well just you wait then ;P.

Anyways, I wonder what the fate of this underground thread is to be. Considering the previous game, heh. Though If I remember correctly, Sandy rather enjoyed the drama :p.[/font]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]So once all of the characters will be introduced I assume we will be given further instructions, yes?

I suppose I'll write up the final introduction post now so we can get this show on the road...

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Further instructions? I'm sorry, but there are none. The goal of this game is to protect your own characters as far as you can, and make the others die in the most imaginable ways you can think of. I will interfere occasionally to input some plot twists if the going gets too stale, but I know many from this bunch of players like to make their own twists without the gamemaster's control. ;D

Well, if you're at loss to what to do next, you should start forming groups from the mortal souls. Their interaction open up a way to do many type of actions that give points.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']I will interfere occasionally to input some plot twists if the going gets too stale, but I know many from this bunch of players like to make their own twists without the gamemaster's control. ;D[/QUOTE]:D You know it! Though some of the others are a bit more talented at that than I am. [[SIZE="1"]is looking at Matt and Crystia as well as DB[/SIZE]]

Seriously Shy, once those people are in The Ragnarok the scenery, who else they run into, all of that is whatever you want it to be and whatever you want can happen. Well other than death since you do have to get the death card first. XP But once you do... That too is whatever gruesome or grotesque manner you choose to use.

And since the rules are quite different, I just might introduce the last one by virtue of having them immediately run into others. Hehehe. Oh the ideas that come to mind. :catgirl:

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh and Sandy... I don't suppose I could persuade you to put the list of actions in the first post as well? That way we can always see at a glance just what actions will no longer earn any points. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]I guess I'm just a little confused as to why these characters would try to kill one another when in the Ragnarok unless they were at least somewhat aware of the game. Of course, I suppose that's just a challenge to the writers. Hopefully my posts haven't been awful so far. I'm very excited about the game (albeit slightly confused,) so if I'm doing something wrong just let me know.

The last introduction is up, so I think I'll choose to sit back and see how the rest of the players handle this interaction for a bit. Maybe I'll get a better feel for things once it's truly in action, so to speak. This might give me a chance to get started on the other 3 RPGs I'm in... hm...

And 2 death points in one post? Awesome! Look out world, here comes Illyria!

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I guess I'm just a little confused as to why these characters would try to kill one another when in the Ragnarok unless they were at least somewhat aware of the game. [/size][/QUOTE]Ah, but their death does not have to come at the hands of another character, it can be a wild beast, a trap set by the Gods, etc. It doesn't have to actually be another character who does them in. Most if not all of the deaths in the previous games were caused by traps not the other characters. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]

Beth, I [I]could[/I] post the list of used actions to the first post, but I feel it's pretty cramped up as it is... I'll do it later if the need still exists, since I have the lists on a Word-file.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I guess I'm just a little confused as to why these characters would try to kill one another when in the Ragnarok unless they were at least somewhat aware of the game.[/size][/QUOTE]

Oh, you're badly mistaken! The [I]characters[/I] aren't trying to kill each other themselves (well, some insane cases from the earlier games excluded) - the gods are trying to kill off the other gods' souls. They can do it by any means necessary, although the series tradition has been [I]traps[/I].

Cruel, sadistic, gut-ripping and mind-blowing traps, each more grueling than the previous. >;D

If those are too disgusting for you, you can always go with the less gory drownings, heart failures, pitfalls etc...

[B]Edit:[/B] It seems Beth beat me to it, but I think Josh at least got the picture now. ;P

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]I wouldn't worry about it DB, at this rate, what with some of us managing to lose points due to the cancel effect, I'm wondering if anyone is ever going to get a death or life type card. lol[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Least you didn't gain a point and lose that point in the same post :animesigh. Lol

But i guess Sandy is counting on the fact that we'll start hitting up the actions that would reward us more than a single point at a time. Hopefully there are enough of those actions to go around though.[/FONT]

I've done some edits to the first post of the game thread. First of all, all the cards used at the characters will be visible next to their profile picture from now on (it includes Power Cards, Death Cards, Life Cards, etc.).

Also, and this might make you a bit happier, I've decided to lower [B]the amount of points required to get a card[/B] from ten to [B]seven[/B]. Think of it as doing "seven sins" or "seven virtues". ;D

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']Also, and this might make you a bit happier, I've decided to lower [B]the amount of points required to get a card[/B] from ten to [B]seven[/B]. Think of it as doing "seven sins" or "seven virtues". ;D[/QUOTE]Whee! Uh... Wait... >_< I've got all of two whole points. XP It's gonna take me forever to get any card! lol *feels like pouting since she wants a death card* :p *pokes Sandy instead and gets Zapped for bugging the host*

Hmmm... And to make this not spam? Beats me... I just wish I could figure out how to get the points![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
Hmmm... And to make this not spam? Beats me... I just wish I could figure out how to get the points![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I've said it before, but in order to get points efficiently, one needs to be consistent in the posts. That means one shouldn't be both naughty and nice in one post.

Also, remember that different actions merit different amount of points. The more sinful/virtuous the action, the more points it will give. ;D

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I know... I was just being silly and goofing off. :catgirl: I need to not hold back and immediately launch into making all of the characters mean and horrible! Believe me... XP Matt was giving me all sorts of interesting suggestions over MSN last night, as to how we could wreak havoc in this game. lol

I'll have to try again later though, since double posting is a no no and I'm out of ideas for the moment anyway. Hehe. Well... Not entirely true, but some of the ideas I've had, are pretty damn sick and mean. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]And yes, Christopher Francis is a terrible, troubled man. Gotta make use of that M-rating, you know?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]But of course, and though I do not know which direction you intended to go with that, I have made it clear that the trouble he has is with young men and the abuse of said young men. :p[quote name='Sandy']Also, and this might make you a bit happier, I've decided to lower [B]the amount of points required to get a card[/B] from ten to [B]seven[/B]. Think of it as doing "seven sins" or "seven virtues". ;D[/QUOTE]Sins, definitely sins. lol Otherwise, that post I wrote up with Christopher is wasted. Even if it doesn't earn me any points just yet. [/COLOR]

[size=1][b]Indifference:[/b] Your Christopher post was pretty graphic, but amazing nonetheless. You seem to have a good handle on what to do with the character.

I'm going to be including the images of the characters I'm posting for in each post, just like we did when we introduced them. Hopefully that's not a problem. Let me know.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Sandy;792256]I will interfere occasionally to input some plot twists if the going gets too stale, but I know many from this bunch of players like to make their own twists without the gamemaster's control. ;D[/QUOTE][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]:D You know it! Though some of the others are a bit more talented at that than I am. [[SIZE="1"]is looking at Matt and Crystia as well as DB[/SIZE]][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]*Looks at Crystia's post with Christopher and cringes*

Looks like the next twisted post will be from either Matt or DB since you were correct as to who would be the first Beth. At adding in twists that is. :p And now it's time for me to go and be mean... I, sure as hell, am not going to follow up on what you started Crystia. That post was sick. lol

And dammit! It earned you four death points! If you hadn't lost two... You would have hit the required seven!

Wow.
It seems that I've been ignoring the underground thread for too long. Sorry about that, I've been so busy, I've only gotten on to read updated in the square and to post... So, what's up?

There's not much that I can say, but just to make this non-spam, I will discuss characters.

[B]Farah:[/B] Shy, you made me sad with how you portrayed an Afghanistan woman. I don't beleive that she would ever do that to anyone, regardless of how she was raised... I guess it just seems like a political stereotype what with the war in Iraq going on...

Oh, P.S. I can almost guarentee that Farah belongs to someone who's read "The Kite Runner." So if you chat to anybody and they mentioned it, that would be my first guess. I just started it yesterday and Kabul Afghanistan became an instant giveaway... (I guess I'll go now)

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Darren'][B]Farah:[/B] Shy, you made me sad with how you portrayed an Afghanistan woman. I don't beleive that she would ever do that to anyone, regardless of how she was raised... I guess it just seems like a political stereotype what with the war in Iraq going on...[/QUOTE]Oh don't be so silly. This game is about bringing out people's dark side regardless of where they are from or political BS. Don't worry about making declarations that a character wouldn't do something regardless of how they were raised. It's out of place here. Besides, Shy was following up on what DB set up when he introduced her in the first place. lol It's a game Darren... Not something to get sad over. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Oh don't be so silly. This game is about bringing out people's dark side regardless of where they are from or political BS. Don't worry about making declarations that a character wouldn't do something regardless of how they were raised. It's out of place here. Besides, Shy was following up on what DB set up when he introduced her in the first place. lol It's a game Darren... Not something to get sad over. :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I suppose I'm only saying that because the book makes me sad. But not the game literally. And BTW, I wouldn't think of what DB wrote as out of line for Afghanistan men in 2003, and that didn't directly define Farah. Besides, I was only making conversation as to avoid spammy-ness. (Which this post has just become)

:p

[quote name='Darren'][B]Farah:[/B] Shy, you made me sad with how you portrayed an Afghanistan woman. I don't beleive that she would ever do that to anyone, regardless of how she was raised... I guess it just seems like a political stereotype what with the war in Iraq going on...

Oh, P.S. I can almost guarentee that Farah belongs to someone who's read "The Kite Runner." So if you chat to anybody and they mentioned it, that would be my first guess. I just started it yesterday and Kabul Afghanistan became an instant giveaway... (I guess I'll go now)[/QUOTE][size=1]Just in the same way that I made Marta a murderer or Charles a pedophile I decided to add a much darker layer to the character. I don't mean for Farah to represent all Afghani women, but I did take creative liberties from what DigitalBoy had posted earlier.

I think the idea that we have to portray any politically incorrect characters as saints is quite boring as well. In future posts I'd like to flesh out her character some, since I know her actions were a total departure from what we've come to expect.

I don't mean to be offensive, and if it comes across to others as bad characterization or racism I can remove it altogether. I'd definitely like to hear some other people's thoughts about this, and I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Quite honestly, my real goal right now is to get death points and start moving the game forward. But I do understand your concern and I do apologize.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I don't mean to be offensive, and if it comes across to others as bad characterization or racism I can remove it altogether. I'd definitely like to hear some other people's thoughts about this, and I'll try to be more careful in the future.[/size][/QUOTE]Ha! I think my response to Darren saying you made him sad should tell you what I think on it. It's a game, people being taken to The Ragnarok is pure fiction. And when you consider the power cards that are going to end up in the game... Trying to avoid racism or bad characterization is going to be subjective and depend on the person. Honestly, I see no point in worrying over it. If I did, I would not have followed up by making Christopher worse since he could have simply just been homosexual and suppressing it instead of a child rapist. lol[/COLOR]