OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

Darren, his deity Telumas and his Power Card have been drawn out of the game. For your information, both of his characters were killed, and though he would still have had a chance to make it back to the game he decided to withdraw himself.

But with one god out of the game, the real competition has just started. I promised you a twist, and I have already made it, but it might not be as evident to some of you as it is to others. ;D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sorry to lose someone from the game, but seeing that Darren is currently without the ability to be online and post in an attempt to earn a life card, it can't be helped I suppose. And since both of his characters were killed, it won't unbalance the game since that is the way it's suppose to work.

And since it seems that part of the problem stems from being busy with school... Best of luck with all of your school work Darren. ;)

Anyway, now it seems that we will most likely be seeing just what the new twist is that Sandy is talking about. And I need to get a post in, which I plan on doing today. I meant to do it yesterday and just didn't have time.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I have posted. I'll leave the gruesome deaths up to you kids. ;) Since I'd rather not get graphic and descriptive.

You already know about this Sandy, but I'll post it just the same... This week I have two concerts with the orchestra I'm a part of. On Thursday and Friday. So it's possible, with all the final preparations that I won't have time to post until it's over. I'll be good to go once that's done with though.

Sorry, it took me a while but I've now calculated the points from the last few posts. I think the pace of the game is about to change very soon, thanks to the mysterious twist I put in. ;D

Anyhow, another action has been used up:
- [B]Getting excited[/B] (1 Life Point) by Shy, SunfallE, Rachmaninoff

And in case anyone wonders, I didn't remove the Life Card next to Ira's picture in the first post of the game thread because I want to keep track of how many times each character is revived and killed again.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]*Is wondering if the twist is people getting death cards. :p* Not that I'm complaining, there are way to may souls left at the moment. Anyway... sorry that too so long. Also... Just delete my extra post. OB is being a royal pain in the butt with not updating to indicate that there's actually a new post in the thread, so I deleted it and reposted it so it would show up. :animesigh[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*pokes Sandy* You forgot to put a death card next to Charles. :p After all, I did kill him off in my last post! I want credit for my kill! Mwahahahahaha! >_> Though if the image link is merely not working at the moment I'm going to feel silly later. lol

Anyway, now that OB is back I'll start thinking on how to do my next post. Hehe! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*pokes Sandy* You forgot to put a death card next to Charles. :p After all, I did kill him off in my last post! I want credit for my kill! Mwahahahahaha! >_> Though if the image link is merely not working at the moment I'm going to feel silly later. lol[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, I just put the image next to Charlotte by mistake. Damn those similar names! XP Anyway, Charlie-boy is dead, Madame Charlotte isn't. Thanks for the notice, Bethany.

And yes, OB's back up and running, so let's see some action after this break, guys! ;D

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy']And yes, OB's back up and running, so let's see some action after this break, guys! ;D[/QUOTE]And done. :p I would have done that much sooner if the site hadn't gone down. Anyway, I'm betting the others have some cards to play. Should be interesting to see if I'm right about something. Though I'll say nothing until it happens. lol [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']And yes, OB's back up and running, so let's see some action after this break, guys! ;D[/QUOTE]I was actually going to do that last night, but the site was down again while they changed the names. XP Anyway, I have used my card. We really are getting down to the remaining souls now. Should be interesting to see what happens next.

[quote name='Sandy']And yes, OB's back up and running, so let's see some action after this break, guys! ;D[/QUOTE]Sorry for the delay in posting. I keep getting side tracked by other things. I have however, finally posted. And I have to say, things are certainly getting interesting with so many souls gone now. It has me wondering just who has any characters left.

[size=1]The Kaijin is revealed. It is the "beast with a thousand faces" so to each character it will appear to be something different. For Cho Hee it was a centaur, but to Patrick it was a beautful woman.

The Kaijin is drawn to characters with power cards, and could seemingly care less about the others. Why would a monster try to assemble all of the characters with power cards? Well, I'm sure you can figure it out...

-Shy[/size] :devil:

A new soul has stepped onto the stage, and I think she's seen the Kill Bill -movies one time too many. ;P

Just for the record, although Paraxis wasn't pleased, I as the gamemaster am not really annoyed by the twist that Shy put into the game at all. I think it's marvelous addition to the plot, and makes this whole shebang that much interesting.

Thanks, Josh! ;D

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I haven't seen the Kill Bill movies, so I sort of winged that. XP Also, sorry for the delay in posting. I was going to yesterday, but I was so tired I ended up taking a nap instead. Anyway! Guess Jeanne is going to miss that costume party she was heading for! Though my reasoning, based on the year for her is that she was killed in a car accident on the way to said party. Anyway... *pokes the others* Start posting! If you don't Beth and Rach... I'll get revenge on the two of you. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry, Bethany, but that's not the plot of Kill Bill. :/

Also, "killing the baby" is referring to Charlotte, just read what the Kaijin said in Shy's post. Paraxis intervened it through Jeanne, and you just nullified everything that Paraxis said in my post.

So although your post was lovely and fun, I have to ask you to edit it, please.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sandy... I'll think about it. But frankly, that pisses me off since you did not specify that she was actually going after Charlotte's baby. :animeangr Aslo, I have never seen Kill Bill so if you want me to understand that next time post it here. Honestly, if you want that edited... *stalks off since she's too pissed to give a damn at the moment after all that work on her post* I'm not kidding by the way I am furious because [B]I DID READ SHY'S POST![/B] :animeangr[/FONT][/COLOR]

Bethany, please calm down.

The Kill Bill reference I made was just a joke and had absolutely [I]nothing[/I] to do with this game. It was just the fact that the main character in those movies was shot in her wedding, and after waking up from a coma she went on a vengeance rampage.

Shy's post talked about Charlotte's baby being the key to reverse Paraxis' game, and I said clearly that Paraxis wasn't going to let that happen, so he made Jeanne want to kill the baby (and got Marta to agree to help her on that).

Sorry that I was so vague about it, it wasn't intentional (it was clear in my head, so I couldn't see that it wasn't clear in the post). But this plot twist is just so major that I simply can't let it be brushed off. I'm sorry for causing you trouble, but you still need to edit that part out of your post.

Just to offer a compromise, maybe you could have Jeanne snap out of the lust for baby-killing for the moment, and wonder what she's doing there?

Well I had to come and see what in the world had my daughter so irritated and now that I've read the post I have to admit that I'm confused here, I thought the reference to Kill Bill was just a joke. I mean I have never seen the movies either. Also, no offense Sandy, but I did not see your post as that way. You implied it, but didn't really clarify that Jeanne was there with the intent to kill the baby, unless one was suppose to have instinctively understood that based on a knowledge of the movies Kill Bill. And if that's the case I disagree with expecting the players to be familiar with a movie in order to follow along.

You've lost me at this point hun because if I had been the one to post, I would not have put that connection together either. I'm completely lost now, so please clear this up for me. I can't post again until I know what in the world is going on here. Sorry.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Ah I see, in that case she should have her simply snap into the lust to kill, that way she can simply tag it on at the end of the post without the need to make major edits.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy;796193]Bethany, please calm down.[/QUOTE]I'd just let it go Sandy, after all I was talking to her while she worked on it and part of what has her so mad is she worked on that for over an hour. So if it were me I'd be annoyed as well, especially since you were vague and left it open. :p[quote name='Sandy'']Sorry that I was so vague about it, it wasn't intentional (it was clear in my head, so I couldn't see that it wasn't clear in the post). But this plot twist is just so major that I simply can't let it be brushed off. I'm sorry for causing you trouble, but you still need to edit that part out of your post.[/quote]Also, there's no need for her to edit anything, I plan on posting in a bit and tying up that lose end would actually fit into what I have in mind anyway, so I'll put Jeanne back into her mindset that she has to kill the baby. I'll have that up in the next hour or two so look for it.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done, also, be nice Sandy... I've never seen Kill Bill either so it was an easy thing to get wrong because this is just a game. Not all of us are the type to read something and remember every little detail. And that poke is for Allamorph by the way. The retaining knowledge or going back and underlining what people were getting off on.

Also, it made for fun dialogue between your god and Aaryanna's god. :p[/COLOR]

Magnificent, Crystia! You managed to put everything back to their tracks and even save Bethany for the trouble of having to edit her post at the same. ;D

Just remember in the future, everyone, even the smallest details can count a whole lot. ;D This plot twist is very intriguing to me, and I hope it is the same to you, since it shows how the other gods are turning against Paraxis and his game.

We'll just see how this all ends...

Here's a few more actions that have been used up.
- [B]Asking for forgiveness[/B] (2 Life Points) by indifference, Darren, SunfallE
- [B]Wishing someone’s death[/B] (3 Death Points) by Darren, Aaryanna, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Sharing valuable information[/B] (2 Life Points) by SunfallE, SunfallE, indifference

The list of used actions is getting quite long, so you have to start using your imagination to get points from now on... I'll give you a hint, though: it begins with an "s" and ends with an "x", and has one vowel in between. ;P

[quote name='Sandy']The list of used actions is getting quite long, so you have to start using your imagination to get points from now on... I'll give you a hint, though: it begins with an "s" and ends with an "x", and has one vowel in between. ;P[/QUOTE][size=1]But will that earn us death or life points? I need to know!

I want to get one more life point. No more, no less. If I get any more than that I'll have to backtrack to earn death points. Ugh.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]But will that earn us death or life points? I need to know![/size][/QUOTE]

You can use your own logical skills in determing what kind of sex gives you Death Points and what kind of sex will earn you Life Points. Simple as that. ;P

[quote name='Sandy']Also, "killing the baby" is referring to Charlotte, just read what the Kaijin said in Shy's post. Paraxis intervened it through Jeanne, and you just nullified everything that Paraxis said in my post.[/QUOTE]I know you guys worked this out, but no, honestly, no. I see no contradiction at all. You are the one who told us that the souls would find themselves in a room reflecting a memory and all Aaryanna did was have Jeanne show up expecting to be at a party she was heading towards.

All we needed was a reminder to keep the plot point that Jeanne had been infused with the desire to kill Charlotte's baby. I mean, her post didn't indicate that the desire to kill the baby wasn't there. The only thing she didn't do was outright rush the plot point you introduced here.

Sure she didn't get the implication, even though it was stated in Shy's post and then yours with Paraxis, but Aaryanna didn't really say one way or the other either. Anyway, it wouldn't be a death card rpg without some form of drama right? lol And that did make for a fun bit of snipping between the gods in Crystia's post. :p

[size=1]I should note that I came up with the 'Charlotte's Baby Must Live/Die' idea by myself, indepdendent of Sandy. He merely read my post, and decided to tie this new character Jeanne to that. There isn't some master plan to this story idea, I'm merely making this stuff up and I go along.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just a few notes here: :animesigh

[B]One: [/B]I'm ignoring the pm's I got. You want an answer? Too bad.
[B]Two: [/B]I didn't know the Kill Bill was a joke and I saw no reason to read up on it to determine what it meant, since death card series are up to the players to interpret how they want to do things so I choose to give Jeanne a proper introduction so people would get a feel for what her character was like.
[B]Three: [/B]Whee! Drama in the underground thread!
[B]Four: [/B]Crystia is now officially a thousand times cooler than anyone else include authors of certain pm's therefore she is the only one to get homemade chocolate chip cookies the next time I make a batch.
[B]Five:[/B] Whee! Did we say drama in the underground thread?

End of notes.[/FONT][/COLOR]