OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Darren... You make me sad that you even bothered to bring it up in the first place. Honestly, you do. :animedepr[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I think the idea that we have to portray any politically incorrect characters as saints is quite boring as well. In future posts I'd like to flesh out her character some, since I know her actions were a total departure from what we've come to expect.

I don't mean to be offensive, and if it comes across to others as bad characterization or racism I can remove it altogether. I'd definitely like to hear some other people's thoughts about this, and I'll try to be more careful in the future.[/size][/QUOTE]Please, lets not go down this route. It's a game people! If I have to start worrying about needing to change my post because it just might be considered politically incorrect, racist or bad characterization... Then I'd rather not play at all. The whole idea is for us to be able to do what we want and develop the characters however we see fit, that's a huge part of the fun with this series.

So Shy, don't you dare try to be more careful, in my opinion, since you aren't the host, it's not required and it shouldn't be. I am not here to be nice, I'm here to kill off your characters and win! :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Just in the same way that I made Marta a murderer or Charles a pedophile I decided to add a much darker layer to the character. I don't mean for Farah to represent all Afghani women, but I did take creative liberties from what DigitalBoy had posted earlier.

I think the idea that we have to portray any politically incorrect characters as saints is quite boring as well. In future posts I'd like to flesh out her character some, since I know her actions were a total departure from what we've come to expect.

I don't mean to be offensive, and if it comes across to others as bad characterization or racism I can remove it altogether. I'd definitely like to hear some other people's thoughts about this, and I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Quite honestly, my real goal right now is to get death points and start moving the game forward. But I do understand your concern and I do apologize.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]
[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Darren... You make me sad that you even bothered to bring it up in the first place. Honestly, you do. :animedepr[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Haha, now I feel embarrassed. (Hey everyone let's sit in a circle and announce how we feel today) No, Shy, I didn't mean to act that way, and I didn't mean to imply that your post about Farah boardered Racism... I was actually only posting in the underground because I saw like 40 posts since I'd read it last and felt a little left out. And since your post about Farah was on my mind the most (and actually related to the Ragnarok, and thus, the underground) I posted about that.
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about it. I understand that it's a game and that is a major objective of the game. :p I guess I should have been more careful in my word choice, since I wasn't acutally sad. I thought it more ironic (And even more so ironic at the fact that I'm reading a book about Kabul Afghanistan. I guess that would make my opinion on her biased anyway)

I'm a random person, jeez! I'm sorry! (And just so no one gets the wrong idea, that last sentence was sarcasm) lol. Just because I have a few serious posts somewhere buried here at OB, doesn't mean you should take things so literally from me. Perhaps if I included more emotes next time! :D Would that work?

It's totally fine Shy. No worries.:animeswea (I beleive that was enough emotes for one post)

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Oh that post I did to bestow my Goddess's power. As fun as it was, lol I'm thinking I didn't earn myself any points. XP I know points are the reason for posting, but I so wanted to use the idea I had for Bellanna giving her power to someone. Hehe. :catgirl: Though if things go well... It's gonna lead to some very, very interesting posts. :p I know Matt understands what I am getting at. Don't think I won't follow through this time. No leaving it up to you to finish things this time around. *pokes Matt*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Darren']Lots of stuff here[/QUOTE][size=1]Okay, that's fine. I was a little defensive when I read your comments, so perhaps I took them the wrong way as well. Although if anyone does have a concern with characterization or something I do feel they should bring it up in this thread. While the real goal of the game here is to earn points, the last thing I want to see is all of the characters acting crazy for no other reason than to earn said points. Let's try to tell a coherent story as well as play a game, alright?

So yeah, no hard feelings. :whoops:

[b]SunfallE:[/b] Bellana is using her card now as well? That makes for three cards. I wonder when they will start to effect the game (if they haven't already... hm...)

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]While the real goal of the game here is to earn points, the last thing I want to see is all of the characters acting crazy for no other reason than to earn said points.[/size][/QUOTE]

Even though there weren't any points dealt in the previous parts, all the characters were still acting crazy in them. ;P It's just the nature of this game: total isolation and deadly traps makes people go insane. X)

Good going, guys! Three of you have 5 Death Points, and one has 4 Life Points. BK and DB, you really need to step up to the plate if you want to open your scoreboard.

Oh, and don't you ever relate political correctness to this game. There's absolutely nothing PC about this, and that's the way it should be. ;D

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy;792485][size=1] While the real goal of the game here is to earn points, the last thing I want to see is all of the characters acting crazy for no other reason than to earn said points. Let's try to tell a coherent story as well as play a game, alright?[/size][/QUOTE]I'll think about it. :p [quote name='Sandy;792488]Even though there weren't any points dealt in the previous parts, all the characters were still acting crazy in them. ;P It's just the nature of this game: total isolation and deadly traps makes people go insane. X)[/QUOTE]Exactly! That's just how it works and though so far the city they are in has seemed tame and normal... I'm about to change that with the coming of night. [QUOTE=Sandy'']Oh, and don't you ever relate political correctness to this game. There's absolutely nothing PC about this, and that's the way it should be. ;D[/quote]It's redundant, but I so agree. And now... I'm off to post, the only problem I'll have is deciding is just what to add next since I have several ideas running through my mind.

[B]EDIT: [/B]Just in case it's not totally obvious I have taken the slant that when someone is emotional or upset, they can't control Bellanna's power very well and end up being the one affected. :p [/COLOR]

Matt... DB.... You two are letting Crystia out do both of you for the darker and more twisted posts! lol I mean.. Crystia! I was not expecting you to take Bellanna's power and make it too powerful for the mortal to control. Leave it to your [I]twisted[/I] mind to toss in Christopher's dark thoughts and actions... And now poor Reiko getting raped by Cho who is lost in Bellanna's power. Gah! >_< Oh that post Crystia... *cringes*

Anyway... Though it seems to have already been settled... I agree with not worrying over political correctness and such. That would just suck the life out of the game in my opinion. And since it seems that many of you agree... I'd say we are set. Especially since Sandy, the host, has said so himself.

[quote name='Sandy']Even though there weren't any points dealt in the previous parts, all the characters were still acting crazy in them. ;P It's just the nature of this game: total isolation and deadly traps makes people go insane. X)

Good going, guys! Three of you have 5 Death Points, and one has 4 Life Points. BK and DB, you really need to step up to the plate if you want to open your scoreboard.

Oh, and don't you ever relate political correctness to this game. There's absolutely nothing PC about this, and that's the way it should be. ;D[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Ugh... you might want to just roast my character or something, I'm not sure if I can even mangage to participate in this thing. I haven't even been able to keep up with my own rp, and the very little time I do have to spend on rps, I'd like to spend on my own. I'm sorry for the trouble; if I'd known it'd be this way I wouldn't have signed up in the first place. As it stands, this rp moves much too fast for me (I haven't read but like 3 posts - i didn't even read them before I made my own) and I don't particularly feel interested in catching up.

Sorry guys, I'll catch it on the next run. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Sorry guys, I'll catch it on the next run. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, you could've said that earlier, instead of just being passive. :/ Sad to see you go, you would've brought a whole new level of twistedness to this game...

Anyways, I'm glad to announce that I have a replacement for DB. [B]Aaryanna[/B] will take over Treisleilai and her two mortal souls, starting immediately.

Welcome aboard, Bethany! ;D

[B]EDIT:[/B] The first cards have been dealt, so let the killing commence!

Also, a second action has been used up:
- [B]Hitting someone on purpose[/B] (2 Death Points) by indifference, Shy, Shy

No longer hitting or slapping will merit any points. Some other means of violence do, however... *hint hint*

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy'][B]EDIT:[/B] The first cards have been dealt, so let the killing commence![/QUOTE]Pfft! Only cause Crystia twisted Bellanna's power! Though I have to admit, even if that was rather interesting... It was rather slick on your part Crystia. Immediately taking advantage of the implications I put in the initial post where Cho got Bellanna's power. I can see that if I am to have even a hope of winning, I will have to become more ruthless in this game.

Well, tomorrow that is. I've got other plans for today and they do not include posting. Even if I really do want a death card! :bawl: *wonders if she should go for life points instead since she sucks at getting the death points*

And yes... I'm spamming your thread Sandy! I'm kind of a bit hyper at the moment. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Sandy']Anyways, I'm glad to announce that I have a replacement for DB. [B]Aaryanna[/B] will take over Treisleilai and her two mortal souls, starting immediately.

Welcome aboard, Bethany! ;D

[B]EDIT:[/B] The first cards have been dealt, so let the killing commence![/QUOTE]Well I'm sorry that DB doesn't have time and even if death cards have been sent or rather earned, I'm not worried about it. And since both Crystia and Shy are down to zero points I'm assuming they are the ones who got the cards. :p

I don't really have time for a post right now since I'm up early and goofing off a bit before I get ready for school, and *pokes Beth* I'll be going to her b-day party after school, and then of course the usual homework. Though that won't take to long. [[SIZE="1"]shameless bragging since it's true[/SIZE]]

Anyway, if I don't have time tonight, I most definitely will have time tomorrow to get going on this. And like I told Sandy, I've been following along so I know exactly what's going on, twisted posts by Crystia and all! Hehe! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Unfortunately this post is to announce my withdrawal from the RP as well. The way things are going in my life right now it's pretty much a foolish move to try and stay constant in three RPs. I have to take one off my load and i've chosen The Ragnarok. Nothing personal and no hard feelings, Sandy.

Sorry to everyone else as well but I have more than enough on my plate right now.[/FONT]

[size=1]Ugh. Hopefully this doesn't disrupt the flow of the game too much. It's a shame so many players aren't able to keep up.

On a related note, welcome to the game Aaryanna. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"]That is troublesome... It's good that we have a replacement for DB, but too bad that BKstyles needed to drop out as well. Though if he's in school like the rest of us, I suppose it can't be helped. Pity though... I was hoping that my first kill would be one of his characters. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]That is troublesome... It's good that we have a replacement for DB, but too bad that BKstyles needed to drop out as well. Though if he's in school like the rest of us, I suppose it can't be helped. Pity though... I was hoping that my first kill would be one of his characters. :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Sorry, it's a bit of a mix between school, work, and trying to salvage a friendship. Ideally, i'd rather just go on a nice long vacation than anything right now. Suppose it's always possible to try and find someone to take my spot too though.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]Sorry, it's a bit of a mix between school, work, and trying to salvage a friendship. Ideally, i'd rather just go on a nice long vacation than anything right now. Suppose it's always possible to try and find someone to take my spot too though.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I can certainly understand, I'm in a position with School where it's very hands on, so once I leave I have little to no homework when I get home. Otherwise... I too would not have the time for this. As for someone to take your place... I'm sure we could find someone, but it just wouldn't be the same. ;) Still knowing this... I'm going to wait on my next move until I know just what is going to happen now. [/COLOR]

Okay, I'm sorry to see you go BKstyles, but hopefully the other players are dedicated to this.

I'll leave BK's god and characters hanging for a while just in case some replacement from him would show up. Could you guys ask around, if someone would be interested to take over Raone? (Kathy, perhaps?)

If no one shows up, I will have the god banished and the characters will then be free game. Hopefully this arrangement fits everyone.

Now, despite these drawbacks, you guys are doing great in the game, so let's continue on the same path. ;D

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Pfft! And here I joined just to clobber Matt! No fair! :animesigh Anyway... I'll mention it to Kathy when I see her later today Sandy. Though she wouldn't care for some of the more mature content... She might find the concept of playing a god of light and truth interesting.

Anyway... I'm definitely not going anywhere. Not after all the work I've put into this so far, even if I have little to no points. lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

Dang it!
I had a post typed up. But something happened and I lost it all!!! I can't believe that... I would re-type it, but now I'm mad and afraid that it won't be as good. :animecry:
I'll retry later tonight. Just in case anyone cares: I was going to use Farah and Ira in my post.

I'm not saying they're off limits, but just in case you guys wanted to be considerate?

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I'm not entirely sure how you determine if something is negative or not. lol So hopefully I didn't counter negative actions with ones that though negative could also be considered positive. Either way... I have posted. Hehe. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I retyped my old post: It didnt' turn out as bad as I had thought it would.

I just wanted to point out and inform that my post was not intended to change the character that Farah had developed into. I was just merely trying to say that Farah had felt bad for attacking Jamie. And I didnt' even say that directly, so you guys can still take her to be a crazy psycho if you want. I wasn't really focusing on her feelings so she could be betraying Ira if you'd like...

I'm glad to announce that [B]Aaryanna_Mom[/B] has taken BKstyles' place as Raone, the God of Light and Truth. Kathy, you may begin playing as soon as you want. ;D

Now I'm off to count some more points...

[B]Edit:[/B] Two more actions have been used up.
- [B]Calling someone names[/B] (2 Death Point) by Rachmaninoff, indifference, Aaryanna
- [B]Shouting angrily at someone[/B] (1 Death Point) by Shy, Shy, Aaryanna

No longer will those actions merit any points. I've added a few new ones on the lists, though.

Did Aaryanna do like BKstyles did before he pulled out? Earn good and bad points? Because she doesn't have any at all. o_O Just wondering. That and though I know what I want to write... I'm being a bit brain dead on how to go about it. lol I really want to get those last two points so I can get started. Heh. Also, I'm glad to see that someone else joined in. It would have sucked to have lost a God so early in the game.

I am also wondering if I canceled some out... Because now my points say two. :animecry: This is harder than I thought, and I really doubt that I was able to do five "life actions" in one post... This sucks!
If it stays this hard to get any kind of points, this game will drag on forever!

[quote name='Darren']If it stays this hard to get any kind of points, this game will drag on forever![/QUOTE]

It's not hard at all, you just need to be consistent. I can reveal that you got some more Life Points, but then you did things that merited Death Points, cancelling them out.

Oh, and I can assure you that I have dealt out plenty of cards already. ;D