OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sandy... I can't even manage to get a card let alone kill anyone! :animesigh I'm the only one who hasn't managed to get a card either way. Honestly, it's a little depressing. I gain points and then lose them due to the [I]one cancels out the other[/I] deal, and I seem to suck at guessing the right actions that would even earn points. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Don't feel bad. XP I'm thinking it's almost a matter of luck in guessing the right type of actions. I have four posts and two of them? I didn't earn any points or I did what you're talking about, got both and as a result they canceled each other out. When you don't get anything, it kind of sucks the motivation out of you as far as posts go. Though I'm going to try and come up with another one. I mean, I do want to kill off another character after all. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Since my Goddess's power got twisted. *pokes Crystia* I'm twisting your God's power Sandy! Since it's suppose to be immune to all other cards, so long as Ash is fairly close to Marta, the Bloodlust doesn't work. :p Unless someone objects to that plot point. And if they do... I swear! I'll zap you! Anyway... Now if I can just finally earn a card! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sandy... I can't even manage to get a card let alone kill anyone! :animesigh I'm the only one who hasn't managed to get a card either way. Honestly, it's a little depressing. I gain points and then lose them due to the [I]one cancels out the other[/I] deal, and I seem to suck at guessing the right actions that would even earn points. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Don't be so sure. I haven't received a card either. I thought I was doing pretty good once I got to 5 life points, but then I dropped to 2 and my last post only gained me one point. :animecry: We're in the same situation.

And I apolagize for the absence this past week. We had a drama competition and I was prepping for it all week. Now that it's passed, I'm good to go. (If only I didn't have to work. GRRR) Not to worry, I aim to have a post up by tomorrow around noon.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Since my Goddess's power got twisted. *pokes Crystia* I'm twisting your God's power Sandy! Since it's suppose to be immune to all other cards, so long as Ash is fairly close to Marta, the Bloodlust doesn't work. :p Unless someone objects to that plot point. And if they do... I swear! I'll zap you! Anyway... Now if I can just finally earn a card! [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]*bows*

I've no problem with the plot point, after all I did mess with your Goddesses' power. lol So it only seems fair that you can do the same. Unless Sandy objects of course. Anyway... why I'm posting now is to poke the rest of you to remind you all that you need to be posting! How else will I be able to play with my newest card? Since double posting isn't allowed. :p So post![/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]At this rate... I'm going to end up introducing some random natural gas that makes everyone a bit nutty just so I can be more mean and not have to worry about the characters developing personalities so much. XP

I'm coming up brain dead as far as ideas for being mean goes. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

Joe Gossett was brought back into the game by the power of a Life Card.

As a surprise twist, Joe's eyes were torn out by Paraxis. Similar handicaps (though not necessarily physical) will be placed upon all those who will be revived.

However, what wounds the souls have gained prior or upon their death will be gone, and they will be in the condition that they started the game, plus the handicap.

Hope you like this new twist. ;D

[spoiler]I do, even though I didn't plan for it beforehand, heh...[/spoiler]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sandy']Joe Gossett was brought back into the game by the power of a Life Card.

As a surprise twist, Joe's eyes were torn out by Paraxis. Similar handicaps (though not necessarily physical) will be placed upon all those who will be revived.

However, what wounds the souls have gained prior or upon their death will be gone, and they will be in the condition that they started the game, plus the handicap.

Hope you like this new twist. ;D

[spoiler]I do, even though I didn't plan for it beforehand, heh...[/spoiler][/QUOTE]Now he tells us. XP You are terrible Sandy! Man... that would hurt. He gets cured of the injury caused by Christopher attacking him, only to have his eyes torn out. >_<[quote name='Shy'][size=1]We'll see how Ash fares now that he is cursed with Madness. Controlling his Bloodlust was difficult enough, how about now?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Why you little... LOL Undoing my twist on the Bloodlust card! I guess this means that he can't control it so well anymore, what with being affected by two wacky cards now. And once he's no longer near Marta.... He's going to be beyond cursed. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

So Ira was revived as well, but it cost her a paralyzation of her legs. I want to stress that these handicaps set to revived characters [B]cannot[/B] be reversed or healed by anyone or anything.

Here's a long list of actions that have been used up in the course of the previous days:
- [B]Threatening someone[/B] (2 Death Points) by Rachmaninoff, Aaryanna, indifference
- [B]Getting depressed[/B] (1 Death Point) by Rachmaninoff, SunfallE, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Praying to higher powers[/B] (1 Life Point) by BKstyles, Darren, Shy
- [B]Finding food[/B] (2 Life Points) by indifference, Aaryanna_Mom, Shy
- [B]Saying “Thank you” with intention[/B] (1 Life Points) by Shy, Darren, Shy
- [B]Rescuing someone from a trap[/B] (3 Life Points) by Aaryanna_Mom, SunfallE, Shy
- [B]Wanting to stick together[/B] (1 Life Point) by Darren, Aaryanna_Mom, SunfallE
- [B]Accusing someone falsely[/B] (2 Death Points) by Darren, Rachmaninoff, indifference

I can tell you that the remaining actions will need you to expand your imaginations quite a lot. Simple aggression and spurs of violence just won't cut it anymore.

So, with two deaths undone there are still [B]twelve characters[/B] in play. That's still eleven too many, don't you think? ;P

[quote name='Sandy;794198]So Ira was revived as well, but it cost her a paralyzation of her legs. I want to stress that these handicaps set to revived characters [B]cannot[/B] be reversed or healed by anyone or anything.[/QUOTE]I already figured that, it was why I didn't have Jamie heal Joe. [QUOTE=Sandy']I can tell you that the remaining actions will need you to expand your imaginations quite a lot. Simple aggression and spurs of violence just won't cut it anymore.

So, with two deaths undone there are still [B]twelve characters[/B] in play. That's still eleven too many, don't you think? ;P[/QUOTE]And I can tell you honestly, that if it starts becoming too difficult to earn a point? It's going to make this game annoying very, very quickly. I've only had a few posts where I got nothing, yet each one was beyond frustrating. Just thought you should know that. And remember... It's my job to whine... or so I've been told. :p

I agree with Rach. But then again, I've already whined about this before. And seeing all the life actions I've performed, it really makes me want to shoot myself in the foot for getting those death points. I could have already had a card and everything if it hadn't been for that [B]stupid[/B] cancellation rule!

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Sandy']I can tell you that the remaining actions will need you to expand your imaginations quite a lot. Simple aggression and spurs of violence just won't cut it anymore.

So, with two deaths undone there are still [B]twelve characters[/B] in play. That's still eleven too many, don't you think? ;P[/QUOTE]Haha! Well I'll be the first to outright say it. The point system is seriously starting to annoy the hell out of me. Five posts and only two earned me any points. If it continues like this, no offense Sandy, it's no fun at all.

Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. :animesigh Especially since I've become brain dead on how to even progress with this game. I'm wondering if the point system was a good idea or not at this point.

Maybe it would have been better to make the point system a reward instead of a requirement. You know, earning special cards in addition to getting the standard death card each round, like in the last game. Just a thought.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]My only concern is that over time earning cards will become virtually impossible due to the way the point system is structured. That, and Darren doesn't post enough.

Otherwise I'm enjoying myself so far, but only because my last post earned me some points. Heh.

-Shy[/size]

I hear you guys, and while I'm not going to change the point system right in the middle of things, there's some relief coming your way soon. ;D

And about posts not earning points: Why are they a problem? You guys post to RPGs all the time without getting [I]anything[/I] back, but you don't whine about that! ;P

In this game, the more you post, the more chances you have for gaining points. So cease the whining for a moment and just post away! ;D

But as said, except something to happen in the near future. There's just one person who needs to get his/her things sorted out before that can happen, though. *glances at him/her expectingly*

[quote name='Sandy']I hear you guys, and while I'm not going to change the point system right in the middle of things, there's some relief coming your way soon. ;D

And about posts not earning points: Why are they a problem? You guys post to RPGs all the time without getting [I]anything[/I] back, but you don't whine about that! ;P

In this game, the more you post, the more chances you have for gaining points. So cease the whining for a moment and just post away! ;D

But as said, except something to happen in the near future. There's just one person who needs to get his/her things sorted out before that can happen, though. *glances at him/her expectingly*[/QUOTE]Oh I think it's obvious Sandy... Your bloodthirsty players are whining about not being able to kill! ;) So don't take it too seriously, after all, I've been in one of the previous death card games so I know that getting a death card was automatic instead of something one had to work for.

Also... I hope you pm'd the person who needs to do something since I can tell you right now, if it's me... I haven't a clue what you are talking about. lol

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Also... I hope you pm'd the person who needs to do something since I can tell you right now, if it's me... I haven't a clue what you are talking about. lol[/QUOTE]

No. If it were you, trust me, you'd know. ;P

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]My only concern is that over time earning cards will become virtually impossible due to the way the point system is structured. That, and Darren doesn't post enough.

Otherwise I'm enjoying myself so far, but only because my last post earned me some points. Heh.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]
School, Work, College, Speech/Drama, Honor Club, History Day Club, Yearbook, Newspaper, and ALL MY EXTRA-CARRICULARS takes up about 14 to 18 hours of my day constantly! Not to mention, that I've got to get my stuff together to apply for colleges and stuff. You can imagine how stressed/tired/crabby/anxious I am. Not to mention that I've lost a lot of weight (to my already measly 135) and I look like I'm strung out on drugs now... I'm sorry, but I'm sure you understand that senior year is a hell hole of stress and that's where my number one priority is right now.

That's not to say that I want to quit... But I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to read the last few posts, but merely log in to check for an update. I'm sure after I read the posts I've missed, (Which I will do tonight or tomorrow now that I have a 4 day weekend) I'll be able to post... I am really [SIZE="4"]really[/SIZE] sorry guys. If my lack of posting becomes a problem, I will gladly concede. (At this point, I'm extremely grateful that I didn't start The Abyss)

[quote name='Sandy']And about posts not earning points: Why are they a problem? You guys post to RPGs all the time without getting [I]anything[/I] back, but you don't whine about that! ;P [/QUOTE]
Well, to be honest Sandy, if the other RPs I have been in were a competition, such as the Death Card Series, I [I]would[/I] whine if I didn't get anything... But then I suppose you're right: The more I post, the more chances I have to win stuff... I just wish I weren't so busy.

[quote name='Darren']School, Work, College, Speech/Drama, Honor Club, History Day Club, Yearbook, Newspaper, and ALL MY EXTRA-CARRICULARS takes up about 14 to 18 hours of my day constantly! Not to mention, that I've got to get my stuff together to apply for colleges and stuff. You can imagine how stressed/tired/crabby/anxious I am. Not to mention that I've lost a lot of weight (to my already measly 135) and I look like I'm strung out on drugs now... I'm sorry, but I'm sure you understand that senior year is a hell hole of stress and that's where my number one priority is right now.[/QUOTE][size=1]Ugh. Senior year was a mess for me, so you have my complete sympathies. I just meant to say that the game is more fun when more people are posting in it. Hopefully you can find some time to get a post or two in, but if not I understand.

I withdraw my statement, and will now start pestering Beth to post instead. :p

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]I withdraw my statement, and will now start pestering Beth to post instead. :p

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]XP Figures. I'm still struggling with coming up with ideas. lol

Also, Darren is right Sandy... Other rpg's are not a competition in the same sense so it's only natural that we don't [I]whine[/I]. :p So really, that comparison you used is totally inaccurate and doesn't even apply really. *poke*

I'll be sure to post either tonight or tomorrow though. I'm kind of side tracked by installing software and updating my new computer at the moment. So that's got my attention for now. And I still have some moderation work to do over at theOtaku. XP

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I posted. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]XP Those poison cards are mean! lol I want one! :catgirl: But even though I'm up early... I don't have time to get a post in before I need to get ready for school. Also, I don't know what you are hinting at Sandy... But I can't wait to see what happens in the future, at least I think I can't wait. You might spring the surprise and then I'll be going... Gah! Anyway, I'll be sure to post soon. Well once school and homework is done that is. Still that will most likely translate into later today so not too far off. ;p[/FONT][/COLOR]

It looks like I'll have to withdraw my last statement...
I'm grounded and my computer time is supposed to be 0... If I didn't have a friend who was willing to let me use his computer for a bit, then I wouldn't even be posting this.
Basically, I've received my first B on a report card in my high school career. Mom didn't take it so well, giving me this major speech on how a B doesn't look good, it will drop me in class rank, then I won't get to be Valadictorian or Salutatorian (Not that I want to be anyway) and then I'll less of a chance to get into the college that I want to, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry everybody, I'll be able to get on for brief posts and updates at school, but a full-length post ususally takes me about 1 1/2 hours... Sandy, my deepest apologies. Especially after DB and BK left.

To everyone else, good luck!;)

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Uh... Unless he said otherwise to Sandy... Kill his characters off if they aren't already dead? I mean it is possible that Darren is already out of the game anyway. :p In which case that wouldn't really affect things too much.

And speaking of things... I need to get that post I'm working on done! [/FONT][/COLOR]