OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[CENTER][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-logounderground.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Brother Gods and Sister Goddesses, the God of Death welcomes you to Valhalla, the Great Hall where you will participate in a deadly game known as [I]the Ragnarok[/I], or "the Fate of Gods".

Here you can discuss about everything related to the game, give feedback and ask questions.

Below is a list of accepted players in the game, as well as their power cards:

[SIZE="5"]Sandy[/SIZE] as [B]Paraxis[/B], the God of Death
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-undeadcard-1.png[/IMG]Makes the mortal soul carrying it immune to all cards, including Death Card, but also make it’s flesh start to rot.
[SIZE="5"]Aaryanna[/SIZE] as [B]Treisleilai[/B], the Goddess of Sin
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-bloodlustcard.png[/IMG]Magnifies the mortal soul’s sense of desire to the point that they ignore reason in favor of lust and greed.
[SIZE="5"]Rachmaninoff[/SIZE] as [B]Celesta[/B], the Goddess of Life
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-healcard.png[/IMG]Grants the user the ability to heal all but the most mortal of wounds. However, it also exacts a toll proportionate to the level of healing done.
[SIZE="5"]SunfallE[/SIZE] as [B]Bellanna[/B], the Goddess of Love and Beauty
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-passioncard.png[/IMG]Makes the mortal soul so beautiful and desirable that none can resist them, even if pursuing them results in their own destruction. The one given this power has control over whether or not it’s active as well as whom the power is being used on.
[SIZE="5"]Aaryanna_Mom[/SIZE] as [B]Raone[/B], the God of Light and Truth
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-lightofaxiomcard.png[/IMG]The mortal soul granted this power will have the ability to see the undeniable truth. This also allows the mortal to detect the truth in the atmosphere and realize when they are in precarious areas. In exchange, the mortal soul will progressively give up his or her memories until they are no longer in possession of the Light of Axiom.
[SIZE="5"]indifference[/SIZE] as [B]Jachym[/B], the God of the Sea
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-tsunamicard.png[/IMG]Gives the soul the ability to control water, from keeping the water away from one’s self to prevent drowning to creating a powerful Tsunami. However doing so will exhaust them both mentally and physically.
[SIZE="5"]Shy [/SIZE]as [B]Illyria[/B], the God of Madness
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-madnesscard.png[/IMG]The wielder gains the power to control others' perceptions and manipulate them at will. This card also manipulates the perceptions of the wielder, wearing away at their sense of reality until they are truly insane.
[SIZE="5"]Darren[/SIZE] as [B]Telumas[/B], the Goddess of the Moon and Hunt
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-sureshotcard.png[/IMG]Whichever mortal soul possesses this card, has a sure shot death in their pocket. Once a Death Card is attained, they may use it on whomever they wish, without fear of protection from any type shielding card, should they be introduced.

[I]There Shall Be Only One God[/I][/FONT]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]*poke* Because I can... *poke* So Sandy will smack me... :catgirl:

Anyway, I was talking to Shy on AIM about this and we were wondering what part the Gods would take beyond simply bestowing cards and such. Will they too be talking and reacting among each other? In their own thread from their position in the Immortal Realm?

I certainly hope so since that would open things up for interesting storytelling on so many levels! XD I mean I know you said we'll be playing both, but I'm curious as to how much the Gods will fit into the picture. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]*poke* Because I can... *poke* So Sandy will smack me... :catgirl:

Anyway, I was talking to Shy on AIM about this and we were wondering what part the Gods would take beyond simply bestowing cards and such. Will they too be talking and reacting among each other? In their own thread from their position in the Immortal Realm?

I certainly hope so since that would open things up for interesting storytelling on so many levels! XD I mean I know you said we'll be playing both, but I'm curious as to how much the Gods will fit into the picture. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually (and I was going to say this when the game starts, but I can just as well say it now), each post that you make should include [I]at least[/I] a sentence or two written from the point-of-view from the deity you're playing. Of course they can talk to the other gods, or mutter about what's going on at the Ragnarok by themselves, or plan a grand scheme or whatever.

So I'm aiming this to be multidimensional game, where one dimension is the "mortal soul" characters, above them are the "god" characters, and even above them are us.

I should remind you that all [B]out-of-character(s) posts[/B] should come here. You should only post as your god and the characters to the upcoming game thread.

[B]Edit:[/B] The Ragnarok will launch today, with seven players and myself. This brings the total of mortal souls to 16, since I added two souls of my own as neutral pawns.

Here's a sneak peek of the characters:
[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/Ragnarok/ragnarok-souls.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='Darren']I was definately worried about having real photos instead of drawn ones, but I'm surprised at the outcome and I'm excited to see what comes of the Ragnarok... Hopefully third time's a charm...[/QUOTE]

Actually, this is the fourth installment to the series... ;P

Anyway, I decided to require real-life photographs to add another layer of maturity to the game. It's easy enough to slice and dice anime-characters with no sense of mercy or regret, but when you have to put a photo of a person of real flesh and blood next to the Death Card... Then hopefully something moves inside you. ;D

I'll post the game thread shortly.

Yes, the fourth installment... But only my third time to participate. :p

EDIT: And here's an important question... I realize that with this new system, you have your choice to shoot for death cards or life cards... However, what if you're the only one that aims for a life card and then your character dies? It would be obvious if he/she was revived...

So how do you plan to correct such a scenario? Will we have the option to save our life cards for as long as we want, (or with some sort of restriction) or will there be some other option... I guess this all stems from the point system; it still confuses me. I'm sure I'll get it after it's started, but I'm just curious

[quote name='Darren']Yes, the fourth installment... But only my third time to participate. :p

EDIT: And here's an important question... I realize that with this new system, you have your choice to shoot for death cards or life cards... However, what if you're the only one that aims for a life card and then your character dies? It would be obvious if he/she was revived...

So how do you plan to correct such a scenario? Will we have the option to save our life cards for as long as we want, (or with some sort of restriction) or will there be some other option... I guess this all stems from the point system; it still confuses me. I'm sure I'll get it after it's started, but I'm just curious[/QUOTE]

An unlikely scenario (since you can't know what actions give you Death points and what Life Points, except the general "positive for Life, negative for Death"-guidelines), but one just has to take the risk. You can of course save up your cards, and use them when it's the most advantageous to do so, but there's a [B]three-post deadline[/B] to when use your Life Card after you lose your last character. It means that if you fail to acquire and use a Life Card in three posts (your own posts only count, of course), you're out of the game for good.

Anyway, the game is up now, so enjoy. ;D If anything is left unclear about the rules and the flow of the game, just ask away in this thread!

No, I have it. Crystal Clear, thank you. I was just unsure about whether the list would be public. But I suppose I could have just waited for the game to start before I started asking questions. Let the game begin, haha.

It's cool that you remembered your mythology (Apollo and Artemis being twins, that is) And while I wasn't planning on Telumas being related to any of the other gods, it certainly makes for some interesting posts from the god's POV... :D

[quote name='Darren']No, I have it. Crystal Clear, thank you. I was just unsure about whether the list would be public. But I suppose I could have just waited for the game to start before I started asking questions. Let the game begin, haha.

It's cool that you remembered your mythology (Apollo and Artemis being twins, that is) And while I wasn't planning on Telumas being related to any of the other gods, it certainly makes for some interesting posts from the god's POV... :D[/QUOTE]

Well, in this game all the gods are related on some level (they're calling each others brothers and sisters), but I figured Telumas and Raone had a deeper bond, since they represent the Moon and the Sun, respectively.

And don't even get me started on mythology, since I was quite the myth geek when I was younger. XD I can still name most of the deities in the Greek Mythology with their area of specialization. It's also the main reason I chose the godly aspect to this game. ;D

Leave it to Crystia to get the first death point. :p Though that brings up the question of wondering if you plan on updating the first post in this thread with that information as well or just in the main thread? With the list of points people have that is. Heh.

Anyway, this ought to be quite the ride. It's so different since you have to try and earn points instead of simply waiting for the chance to use a card. lol

Hmm, I'd prefer if I would only have one place to update the points into, it would keep me from getting confused. Trust me, when you reach ten points in either direction, you'll know it. ;D

I'm also thinking that once a specific action is used up (done three times), I reveal it in this thread to give you a sort of clue what type of actions merit the points. I will also add in new actions to my list when the old ones are used up, so that there's always good chances in gaining points. ;D

I will give you one hint, though: [B]the list of actions that merit Death Points is much longer than the list of actions that give Life Points.[/B] Take that as you wish...

Works for me since the less you are confused, the better. Heh. I like the idea of listing the actions here that can no longer be used since that would make sense. I'm also glad to hear that you intend to keep adding things to the list since I had wondered about the possibility of running out of things one could do to earn said points.

Figures that the Life Points list is less though. lol But then the point of this game is to kill off the other characters. Not to revive them and since you openly list the points it will make it easier to spot who is getting what type of card. So if only one person is getting life points... You'll stick out.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']So if only one person is getting life points... You'll stick out.[/QUOTE]

But like I said earlier, you can save your cards for as long as you want to, and just because someone gets 10 Life Points, it doesn't automatically mean that they'll get a Life Card out of it. ;D

Besides, using both Life Cards and Creation Cards goes through me, so other contestants can never be 100% sure of who used the card.

I might be tempted to use a few cards myself, heh. ;D

Oh, just in case you guys forgot already, you are free to assign your Power Cards to any character in the game at any time. I know you probably want to introduce the characters first before making them all lusty or crazy, though. ;P

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Leave it to Crystia to get the first death point. :p[/QUOTE]*poke* Leave it to Rach to earn the next death point. lol

Anyway, I was wondering what your take is on posting or rather frequency of posts. I obviously have no intention of posting again so soon, but did you want us to wait until everyone has posted at least once? Though I'm sure on some level the point system is to encourage regular posting since without it you'll never earn enough points to do your fellow players in with. [[SIZE="1"]is still planning on killing off [B]Matt[/B]'s characters[/SIZE]] :D[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Anyway, I was wondering what your take is on posting or rather frequency of posts. I obviously have no intention of posting again so soon, but did you want us to wait until everyone has posted at least once?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No, by all means, post post post! You won't gain the upper hand to your rivalling gods unless you post, and do it frequently.

At this moment there are still plenty of characters that have not been even mentioned, so there's plenty of them to go around.

Getting a highly active game is one of the reasons I created this point-system, since I got fed up with the pace of one post/month with OBS 4. So don't hold anything back. ;D

Since the points are gained by the gods (not the actual players) by manipulating the mortal souls, only the actions taken by the souls merit points.

So no matter what you do with your deity, it won't give you any points whatsoever. Just scornful looks from the other gods. ;P

I hope that works for how I had my goddess grant her power to one of the players. It just made sense to have her sort of appear to him. I wasn't sure on that though so if you want it done differently let me know and I'll edit the post Sandy. Also... I'm glad you were working with a different character Shy. XP That would have sucked if we were posting about the same one. lol

[size=1]How convenient that three of us (Darren, Rach and myself) each posted without stepping on one another's toes. It looks like Rach is also the first to assign his power card to a player... hopefully he won't have to use it anytime soon.

And yes, Christopher Francis is a terrible, troubled man. Gotta make use of that M-rating, you know?

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]And yes, Christopher Francis is a terrible, troubled man. Gotta make use of that M-rating, you know?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]Heh, by the time we get done, all of them will be terrible and troubled. Your power card will certainly help to make that a reality. :p Now we just need Sandy to sign in again so we can find out of our newest posts earned any points. I am eager to obtain a death card and begin the slaughter. [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Heh, by the time we get done, all of them will be terrible and troubled. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]...and dead! Don't forget dead *nod nod*. Hehe, well except for one of course. Looks like nearly everyone has been introduced now, and a power card already. I'll have to choose carefully who Raone presents his to :p.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles'][font=tahoma] and a power card already. I'll have to choose carefully who Raone presents his to :p.[/font][/QUOTE]Well someone had to be first. lol And I see that a certain someone is angling for full points by a certain action in his post, or actions. :p Which raises the question for Sandy... is it possible to earn points for more than one type of action in a post and thus pick up enough for a death card in a single post?

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Which raises the question for Sandy... is it possible to earn points for more than one type of action in a post and thus pick up enough for a death card in a single post?[/QUOTE]

Of course it is, but I will only count specific actions once per post. So if "A" is an action that gives points, and it's done three times in one post, I will only give points from the first "A".

Also remember that Death Points and Life Points cancel each other out, so you might be so unlucky that you gain 10 Death Points but also 5 Life Points, so assuming you start out from zero, you'll end up with 5 Death Points.

This means one has to have 10 or more of either points at the end of their post in order to get a card. Could I make this anymore complex? ;P

Off to count some points now!

[B]EDIT:[/B] People, what are you doing? What's with all these NPCs and real-life events? The mortal souls should've been transported to the Ragnarok already, but instead you just write about their lives before it... Wasn't this clear enough from the guidelines I gave and my examples? :/

Like in the previous parts of this series, there are [I]no other people[/I] other than the 16 chosen souls inside the Ragnarok (the "gameboard" of the gods). Now you're wasting good interaction to NPCs when the characters should instead be interacting with each other...

Anyway, the first action has been used up:
[INDENT][B]Swearing aloud[/B] (1 Death Point) - Shy, SunfallE, BKstyles[/INDENT]

No longer will swearing give any points (it's not forbidden to do it anyway, of course). Oh, and [B]BKstyles[/B], your points are still in zero since you got a Life Point as well.

Do note that I didn't give any points from actions taken by the NPCs, since they don't count as characters. I was really hesitant of giving points from anything done outside of the Ragnarok, but I decided to give them anyway to get this game starting.

From now on, please cut all NPC interactions strictly to flashbacks and reminiscenses. Also, pay attention to the country of origin of the character when naming NPCs. It's a bit silly that all the NPCs have English names despite what country they live in.

Sorry for this rant, I just wanted to make these things clear to everybody. Please, if you're in doubt, ask away! ;D

PS. [B]Rachmaninoff[/B], I liked the way Celesta appeared to give Jamie the power. Just everybody be sure that the gods don't give away too much to the mortal souls straight away. This game should be a big mystery to those chosen to participate it.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy'][B]EDIT:[/B] People, what are you doing? What's with all these NPCs and real-life events? The mortal souls should've been transported to the Ragnarok already, but instead you just write about their lives before it... Wasn't this clear enough from the guidelines I gave and my examples? :/

Like in the previous parts of this series, there are [I]no other people[/I] other than the 16 chosen souls inside the Ragnarok (the "gameboard" of the gods). Now you're wasting good interaction to NPCs when the characters should instead be interacting with each other...[/QUOTE]Feh! Then Paraxis should not have said this:

"They will wake up separated from each other, finding themselves in a room from their memories. What lies beyond that room, no-one can foretell."

Everyone has them in a room from their memories, you didn't say nothing else would be going on. I got the impression that the moment they left that room of 'memories' was when they would be entering The Ragnarok, like how Rach did it with the guy who worked at the bar. He was confronted by Celesta as he went from the last memory he had into the Ragnarok. *pokes Sandy*

That's how I've been writing my posts as well. Naomi was reliving her last memory before she was taken and that room she was in was at work where she was confronted by her ex boyfriend. The moment she ran out the doors, she ran into the Ragnarok. :p At least that is how my reasoning is going. I can't say with Matt since he did not end his post in that manner. *pokes Matt as well*[/COLOR]