OtakuBoards

The Ragnarok: Valhalla

Sandy

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Shy'][size=1]Nothing much else to say here. I definitely didn't misread a card and have to change my strategy entirely!

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]*pokes Shy* :p

Also, Sandy! [insert ultra whinny voice here] Your description for the shield card was too vague! Does this mean it's permanent? Or is it only good for so many posts? You need to clear that up for me and the others. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I imagine it's temporary, although I have no idea how temporary. Maybe it lasts until a certain number of Death Cards are used, or until a certain number of people have posted? Sandy?

You kids worry too much. :p

-Shy[/size]

Oh I bet that you would like for us to not worry Shy. :p No deal. It certainly isn't unreasonable to wait on Sandy to clear that up for us. Since I too would like clarification as to how that shield card works. Because at this stage in the game, such a detail could mean the difference between winning or losing and I intend to win.

The Shield Card's effect is permanent, BUT it only protects from Death Cards. So there are a few ways around it.

One of the ways was Darren's Sure Shot Card, but he's out of the game already so it can't be done. But some other cards might work, perhaps... ;D

Yes, I'm being evil again. XP

Here are the latest actions used up:
- [B]Attacking someone with a weapon[/B] (3 Death Points) by Aaryanna, Rachmaninoff, Aaryanna
- [B]Encouraging someone[/B] (1 Life Point) by Aaryanna_Mom, Aaryanna_Mom, Aaryanna_Mom
- [B]Trying to stop or prevent a fight[/B] (2 Life Points) by Shy, Rachmaninoff, Shy
- [B]Hugging someone[/B] (1 Life Point) by SunfallE, SunfallE, Shy
- [B]Knocking someone out[/B] (2 Death Points) by Shy, indifference, Shy

[quote name='Sandy']The Shield Card's effect is permanent, BUT it only protects from Death Cards. So there are a few ways around it.

One of the ways was Darren's Sure Shot Card, but he's out of the game already so it can't be done. But some other cards might work, perhaps... ;D

Yes, I'm being evil again. XP[/QUOTE]*wonders what the other cards are*

And yes Sandy... You are totally evil. This is going to get interesting, to see just who has something up their sleeve that can outwit that shield card.

[quote name='Sandy;796832]The Shield Card's effect is permanent, BUT it only protects from Death Cards. So there are a few ways around it.[/QUOTE]Goodness, well that creates quite the dilemma, one that will require careful planning to get around. I'm thinking it's going to make this rather interesting, that's for sure.[quote name='Sandy;796832]Yes, I'm being evil again. XP[/QUOTE]I noticed. You've certainly caused a stir with the latest developments in the game. In many ways.[QUOTE=Sandy']- [B]Encouraging someone[/B'] (1 Life Point) by Aaryanna_Mom, Aaryanna_Mom, Aaryanna_Mom[/quote]Well, looks like I managed to snag all of the life points for that particular action. Also, just to be clear, are there any life points left to be earned? I'm assuming you would tell us, but still I'd like to be sure on that if you don't mind. After all I would need five more to gain another card. Though if you decide that whether or not I want to take that risk is something I must consider then I will have no choice but to accept that answer.

There are still plenty of Life Points to be earned, but I will remove them from the game when enough players have been defeated. That time can be soon, or it can still be ways ahead, can't be sure at this point.

It all depends on you guys. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']There are still plenty of Life Points to be earned, but I will remove them from the game when enough players have been defeated. That time can be soon, or it can still be ways ahead, can't be sure at this point.

It all depends on you guys. ;D[/QUOTE]Well, I think I may have snagged some death points with that post, but at the same time... I couldn't see the meeting between Ian and the Kaijin going any differently. Anyway... new card on the scene! The real fun will be to see just what is done in response to that card I just played. :p

All I have to say is it's a good thing I realized you were posting when I was working on mine. Since what I originally was going to do would have totally contradicted what you posted. XP Still, now that I've re-written it to match what you did Aaryanna_Mom... All I have to say is I want one of those cards! lol That, dear lady, was well played! ;)

I know that a certain someone will not like this at all... XP

But well played indeed, both of you. We are now down to a measly five souls, and with six gods (not counting Paraxis) still in the game, at least one of them will fall very soon, unless they manage to gain one of those lifesaving cards.

We shall see...

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And that people, is why I always do what my mom tells me. XP Well almost always. Oh how I want one of those cards! *sob* Still, that was awesome! :catgirl: [quote name='Sandy']I know that a certain someone will not like this at all... XP

But well played indeed, both of you. We are now down to a measly five souls, and with six gods (not counting Paraxis) still in the game, at least one of them will fall very soon, unless they manage to gain one of those lifesaving cards.

We shall see...[/QUOTE]Hehe, and speaking of cards... I should go and post and see if I can earn one. XP I really want another card! Anyway, I plan on having one up soon. Though it may take me a bit to get it to go the way I want since Rach [glares at him] went and killed one of the people in the post I was writing up in word, so now I need to fix it.

[B]EDIT:[/B] It was fun! Even if I didn't win I know I must have scared the hell out of everyone by getting seven death points in my first post and a death card on the spot. :p So at least I put fear into the souls of the other Gods! Mwahahahaha! It was fun while it lasted. Hehehehe! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

And so a second player has left the game. Many thanks to [B]Aaryanna[/B], you were a real lifesaver when you took over Treisleilai after DB quit.

And you were a great player as well. You just ran out of luck, it seems.

But the Ragnarok continues, with five contestants and five souls!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Wow, I'm not even gone a day and all hell breaks loose! XP Talk about plot twists and changes galore! lol Good grief! I am sorry to see Aaryanna go though. We'll miss you. ^_~ Now... I've just got to figure out what to do next! Gah! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sandy;796832]The Shield Card's effect is permanent, BUT it only protects from Death Cards. So there are a few ways around it.[/QUOTE]So it would seem.[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom;796918] Anyway... new card on the scene! The real fun will be to see just what is done in response to that card I just played. :p[/QUOTE]If it were me... I'd be pulling my hair out at this point. Haha![QUOTE=Rachmaninoff;796926] That, dear lady, was well played! ;)[/QUOTE]Oh I have to agree, just as your play of killing off the soul that was switched, making sure that if it was their only one they couldn't whip out a switch card and simply undo what Kathy just did. :p I mean, if I saw that, it's what I would do![QUOTE=Aaryanna;796929][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Even if I didn't win I know I must have scared the hell out of everyone by getting seven death points in my first post and a death card on the spot. :p So at least I put fear into the souls of the other Gods! Mwahahahaha! It was fun while it lasted. Hehehehe! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]*Refuses to admit that she was freaked by a certain imp getting seven points in one post* You'll be missed.[QUOTE=Sandy'']Yes, I'm being evil again. XP[/quote]And loving it I bet.

Anyway... like Beth just said you're barely gone and all hell breaks lose! Talk about a total shift in how things are going in the game. There's no getting around it. This is definitely going to get interesting. I'll have to come back later with a post so I can earn two more death points and see just what I get for that. So I can rock the boat even more. :p[/COLOR]

[size=1]I must admit that I didn't realize Aaryanna was almost out of the game until someone had mentioned it to me. It's a shame that she has to be out of the game, but I'm sure the rest of us will be following her very soon.

These new cards are more than a little frustrating, aren't they? I'll have to be crafty if I hope to win this.

-Shy

[b]Edit:[/b] Sandy, I have a question. Since Paraxis does not earn points one way or the other, will Paraxis be eliminated when he has lost all of his characters? Will his Undead Card be removed right away as well?[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1][b]Edit:[/b] Sandy, I have a question. Since Paraxis does not earn points one way or the other, will Paraxis be eliminated when he has lost all of his characters? Will his Undead Card be removed right away as well?[/size][/QUOTE]

No, Paraxis isn't a contestant, he's a judge. The characters he put into the game don't represent him, he just put them there as a diversion. But I will remove my Undead Card soon to give everybody a fair chance to win.

As a host, why on earth would I delete [I]myself[/I] from the game, anyway? XD

[quote name='Sandy']As a host, why on earth would I delete [I]myself[/I] from the game, anyway? XD[/QUOTE][size=1]I'm asking more in regards to the Undead Card, which is most... troublesome. It's good to hear that the card is going away soon.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Yes, that card needs to go, so once I get a death card I can put poor Jeanne out of her misery, also... madness for the win! Patrick has been too nice in this game and with that power by Illyria, well I can't have them turning sane anytime soon. lol That just wouldn't fit with the death card series. heh[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']I know that a certain someone will not like this at all... XP[/QUOTE]Well I can't imagine that they would actually like what I did. I know if the position were reversed I'd be going... :o Still, I'm sad to see my daughter gone from the game.

Also, good heavens! I should have signed back in after posting and signing out yesterday! You kids went to town while I was gone. Rachmaninoff sailing in with that dual death card, though shocking, those are always fun. I remember when you used the very first one in the death card series when Rachmaninoff gave you one Sandy. Anyway, Aaryanna being written out and now Jeanne on a murderous bent and Patrick losing his sanity? It's living up to what one would expect from one of these insane death card rpgs.

The only thing I have to wonder is should I go for death for a change since I lost life points or should I still keep going for life even though I'd have to cancel out one death point? In other words, do I attempt to eliminate the remaining gods as quickly as possible or not? I'm going to have to think about this as well as watch my back I would imagine. ;)

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]In case I wasn't clear, no Jeanne's arm was not healed, it's simply the power of Death keeping it attached to her body. :p If that makes sense. Oh and what she does or doesn't do with the baby is of course up to the rest of you. Pity I have no death card, otherwise, Patrick would have been toast! hehehe

Also, all in favor of forming the take down Kathy campaign say Aye! :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

Okay, the time has come to remove the Life Points, since everyone are collecting Death Points currently. So from this point on, no actions merit Life Points anymore. It's now a race towards the finish line.

But if you're worrying about automatically losing after all of your characters are dead, you should know that there are some special card not yet put into play that can be used to get you back into the game. ;D

Anyway, here are some used up actions:
- [B]Forcing someone else to do against their will[/B] (2 Death Points) by Rachmaninoff, indifference, Aaryanna_Mom
- [B]Hiding something useful from others[/B] (1 Death Point) by indifference, Aaryanna_Mom, Rachmaninoff
- [B]Distrusting everyone[/B] (1 Death Point) by Rachmaninoff, Rachmaninoff, indifference

And to satisfy your curiosity, here are the rest of the "positive actions" that weren't used up:
- [B]Finding drinking water[/B] (1 Life Points) by SunfallE, SunfallE
- [B]Giving someone own clothes[/B] (2 Life Point) by Shy
- [B]Having consensual sex[/B] (3 Life Points) by Shy, Aaryanna_Mom
- [B]Keeping a promise[/B] (2 Life Points) by Aaryanna, Aaryanna
- [B]Lighting a camp fire[/B] (1 Life Point) by Aaryanna_Mom, Shy
- [B]Saying “I love you”[/B] (3 Life Points) by Shy, Shy
- [B]Slaying a monster[/B] (3 Life Points) by Aaryanna, Aaryanna
- [B]Telling a joke aloud[/B] (1 Life Point) by SunfallE
- [B]Tying someone’s wound[/B] (2 Life Points) by Shy, Aaryanna_Mom

So there. After I remove the Undead Card from Jeanne, it's everybody's game.

[quote name='SunfallE;797013][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Also, all in favor of forming the take down Kathy campaign say Aye! :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh dear. Uh, how about a take down Shy campaign instead? [QUOTE=Sandy']Okay, the time has come to remove the Life Points, since everyone are collecting Death Points currently. So from this point on, no actions merit Life Points anymore. It's now a race towards the finish line.

But if you're worrying about automatically losing after all of your characters are dead, you should know that there are some special card not yet put into play that can be used to get you back into the game. ;D[/QUOTE]Well it wasn't intentional, I just couldn't see the meeting between the Kaijin and Ian go any differently. But now that you've declared this it seems I must now move for those death points. And since I've not tried to get them in the first place, I just hope I can actually earn them.

As for other cards, I'm quite sure that Shy has others, which is why I made the counter suggestion of a take down Shy campaign. I'll make cookies! ;)

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']As for other cards, I'm quite sure that Shy has others, which is why I made the counter suggestion of a take down Shy campaign. I'll make cookies! ;)[/QUOTE][size=1]I know a challenge when I hear one. It's on, my dear.

As for a 'Take Down Shy' campaign, while you've done some serious damage so far I assure you that I'm not out of the game yet!

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Post people! Post! :p I'm just goofing off even though the cancellation effect is gone. Though it's ironic since I don't care anymore. lol Also, Sandy! [is whining] That horrible undead card needs to go! ^_~ Also, I'm sure Crystia can sail in there and have fun with what I just set up. Making poor Charlotte the [strike]victim[/strike] bearer of the passion power. hehehe[/FONT][/COLOR]