OtakuBoards

Weird Anime Habits?

Guest Kona-Moe

Guest Kona-Moe
[COLOR="Blue"]Well, as the title goes, This is meant to be a thread about your habits while watching an anime. If you've got weird ones (beleive me, we all do), here's the place to talk about them! ^-^

Well my major Anime rule is that I can never watch more than one series at once. The only exception is a series i've already seen more than twice. This way, I get more focused on the story of the one i'm watching and can dwell on it and its storyline. This allows me to get more into the story flow and experience the emotional turns the writers originally wanted. Call me an ubernerd, but that'd be why i'm on an Otakuboard. =P[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I watch anime in every ounce of time that I am not on TV or posting in a forum (or entertaining my brothers). I frequently complete 12-13 epsidoe series in a day or 2 or go for a 24-26 in a week's time. I watch a hundred shows at once, but usually focus on a particular one till completion if I find it addicting. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Well, believe it or not, every time I watch an anime I have to sit like [B]L[/B]. Yes, you heard right, everytime I watch an anime I site like [B]L[/B]. And trust me, it's not a site you would want to see. With my long leg's and all, I sometime's have to correct my posture just so I can see the monitor...;_;. Oh, and this isn't really a habit, but I do like to be drinking something while I watch my anime, lol. I gets thirsty.:p[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Andy'][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]Well, believe it or not, every time I watch an anime I have to sit like [B]L[/B].[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]And here I thought I was the only one. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I think it's actually improved my circulation. When I first started doing it, my feet would go to sleep by the advert break. Now I can sit like that for a couple of episodes without a problem.

Weird habit while watching anime ei... hmm, I think mine's being such a fussy critic. I love watching anime on tv, dvd and youtube but I cannot stop being fussy and critical--- like them fantasy (goth, scifi, horror etc) animes, I always have very short attention span while watching them and suddenly becomes bitchy ("this is so boring/this is so predictive/this is just as same as the previous one/this is too serious/this makes no sense").:animesigh

I know it's very disappointing though... but that's how I react!!!:animecry: That's my weird habit.

I tend to multi-task to the extreme while watching them, and it normally doesn't mess up my intake of the story.

For example: I'll watch Evangelion, play World of Warcraft, and do homework all at once. This isn't every time i watch anime, only when I'm watching a series I own...or anything that happens to be on tv.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']I usually will watch it somewhat regularly, other than hiding it when my brothers are around since one of them is biased against it.

I also will run many series at once, but I typically am limited to about three episodes per day, just because of the nature of the ISP I use.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Reminds me of when I first got into subs back in like March and was really scared that if my brothers or other family saw me watching like [B]Lucky Star [/B]or something they'd freak out or that my brothers would always want to know about what I was watching. So I started waking up at 4:30-5 AM to watch anime before I went to school, and then since my bro was in middle school I'd watch 3 eps in the hour and a half before he got home.

Gradually this evolved into me waking up earlier and earlier to have quiet time for anime and going to bed earlier. By the time it was summer, though, I was such an uber-otaku that my brother knew about all the shows I was watching anyway, and I started watching it with him in the room, and later ended up watching some of the same shows I tried to hide with him, even reading them to him! lol

The weird schedule stuck in place, though. 3 am is great because not only is there peace an quiet but the internet is dead enough that it can't keep me from watching. If I watch half a show in the AM i'll be addicted enough to stream the rest in the PM. Awesome cycle, even if it's killing me, XD[/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']I have to listen to slayer every 3 episodes of any shojo anime.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Best. Habit. Ever. [/B]

Anyway, I can't watch anime in my underwear. I get 5 minutes in, pause the episode and head to the nearest booru with the main character's* name in mind >_>

*the main character in 90% of the shows I watch will be female[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]My only habit is I won't watch it unless I have a couple of hours free. It's too easy to watch more than I really have time for, so unless I have a two hour time block open. I simply don't watch it at all. I prefer being able to watch 3-6 episodes at a time. Unless it's on TV, but with commercials and all I really don't watch anime on the regular channels. I'm old enough to remember when commercials didn't occur every five minutes or take up a good third of the show instead of only five minutes of the half hour time slot. I don't have the patience for all that advertising anymore. Especially when it's more than double what it use to be. XP So I guess that's my other habit, most of the time it's onDemand, DVD's or fansubs for me. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']When I watched Eflen Lied I couldn't stop turning it off mid episode and saying "who thinks of this garbage?!" Then of course I turn it back on 1 episode later the same thing happens. That's what happens when I watch bad anime.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I still can't decide which is more cliche, loving Elfen Lied like it's the greatest show ever or hating it like it's the worst tripe on earth.

It was okay. No need to be extreme. Anywho, I find I have a new habit developed while watching Strawberry Panic! which is to take breaks between episodes so as not to exceed the maximum time one should go wth an erection. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I still can't decide which is more cliche, loving Elfen Lied like it's the greatest show ever or hating it like it's the worst tripe on earth.

It was okay. No need to be extreme. Anywho, I find I have a new habit developed while watching Strawberry Panic! which is to take breaks between episodes so as not to exceed the maximum time one should go wth an erection. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I hate it with a passion. I hated it when everyone told me it was great. There is nothing that terrible in the anime world that I have seen. I guess it's hit or terribly horribly shoot yourself in the foot miss.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*makes a note to never watch Strawberry Panic* In other words DB... Too much information! XP I so did not need to know that habit of yours.

Anyway, my only weird habit is that I tend to go long periods between watching anime. I'll go a week or two and then spend a few days watching a lot to make up for it. I get so caught up in school, reading and other things that I just don't think about bothering to watch stuff.

Then, I'll suddenly remember I still haven't seen the end of a show and I'll pull out either the DVD's, hope it's still in the OnDemand section of our cable service, or run to the fansub site I go to, in order to see the rest. I often end up re-watching the last episode I saw just to refresh my memory of what's going on. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I might've mentioned this elsewhere on the board but, whenever there's a scene where two characters are saying goodbye and one walks away across a street. . . . I can't help but imagine that a big semi truck comes barreling down the road from the side, horn blaring, and mows down the character without even braking. It doesn't matter how sad or dramatic the scene is, that [i]always[/i] comes to mind and I usually start cracking up.

I think this odd habit has its roots in seeing Palmer get hit by that truck in Rocket Town, in Final Fantasy VII, after you beat him down while stealing the Tiny Bronco. I always loved that scene but I have no idea how it got twisted in my mind to what it is now.[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Best. Habit. Ever. [/B]

Anyway, I can't watch anime in my underwear. I get 5 minutes in, pause the episode and head to the nearest booru with the main character's* name in mind >_>

*the main character in 90% of the shows I watch will be female[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
It was okay. No need to be extreme. Anywho, I find I have a new habit developed while watching Strawberry Panic! which is to take breaks between episodes so as not to exceed the maximum time one should go wth an erection. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] How can I word this?

TOO. MUCH. INFORMATION.

:)

My only 'habit' is that I once I start watching an anime series I genuinely enjoy (which has happened about four times in my life), I have to watch it all at once. There's no 'watch one episode a day' for me, lol. I want to finish it asap and be able to discuss it.[/font]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I might've mentioned this elsewhere on the board but, whenever there's a scene where two characters are saying goodbye and one walks away across a street. . . . I can't help but imagine that a big semi truck comes barreling down the road from the side, horn blaring, and mows down the character without even braking. It doesn't matter how sad or dramatic the scene is, that [i]always[/i] comes to mind and I usually start cracking up.

I think this odd habit has its roots in seeing Palmer get hit by that truck in Rocket Town, in Final Fantasy VII, after you beat him down while stealing the Tiny Bronco. I always loved that scene but I have no idea how it got twisted in my mind to what it is now.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]When you said that, I imagined the Bahoime episode of PPD. I wonder if it strengthened your way of thinking? Either way, that scene was priceless.

Also, don't let my weird habits keep you from watching great shows (aaryana) I will cry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Also, don't let my weird habits keep you from watching great shows (aaryana) I will cry. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]*poke* I won't... I will wait until that mental image I did not want fades though. XP

Oh and another weird habit? Subtitles. Even if the English actors is good, I just have to go back and watch it with subtitles if possible to see what the differences are. So I end up watching nearly everything twice. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]You mean the one where she saves the kid from getting run over on the way to school? I think it did. The habit was there before I watched PPD though maybe not as strong.

But if any series is going to cause weird habits I imagine PPD would be it. :p[/color]

[QUOTE]I might've mentioned this elsewhere on the board but, whenever there's a scene where two characters are saying goodbye and one walks away across a street. . . . I can't help but imagine that a big semi truck comes barreling down the road from the side, horn blaring, and mows down the character without even braking. It doesn't matter how sad or dramatic the scene is, that always comes to mind and I usually start cracking up.[/QUOTE] I usually laugh awkwardly during uber dramatic scenes but now I can laugh heartily with that image in my head.